Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #1601
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Abe - Your system punishes me for having connectivity issues yerterday? You can't seriously call that a real system to smoke out badddies if that's the case.

Hawk - Is the fact that you targetted me because I used an acid arrow instead of a "quote" normal attack? Is that the bee in your bonnet? I have a whole quiver of special arrows designed for a large number of situations, every one is special dear. Don't make assumptions about me from your own limited scope.

I already addressed both of these points yesterday. Just as I said yesterday I had a few people I was uneasy with, some of which addressed my concerns and I lowered them down my suspect list a tad. Others (yourself included) chose not to and instead just attacked back. You wern't even my #1 target going into yesterday, but your responses made me decide to go with you.

I find it very uneasy how people moved the attack off of you in order to kill one of the twelve yesterday. Everyone has all of these ways to develop trust of everyone else except me it seems. Right now I don't know which of you are with Apocolypse just as I don't know who was responsible for killing my clan.

Anyways you'll see my point system doesnt mean to me most points = most suspicious. I even stated that. Its just something I use to help find interesting things about people. The person I think looks worst in my point system is Silver Surfer.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #1602
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Alant, how do i have 2.5 points instead of 2?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #1603
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Just for the record I trust Captain America, and if he trusts Professor X, then so do I.

I think we need to look at the 'quieter' players. Quiet can be lack of posts and also people who don't post anything really important that often.

I could be wrong, and I am not trying to start a fight with any of y'all, but

Juggernaut,
Deadpool,
Mr. Sinister,
Captain Britian
Mathemaniac
Gambit (work, i know)
Venom

all 7 seem to be out of the spotlight and in the shadows throughout the last two days. In the past when I have been evil I have tried to stay out of the limelight just enough to avoid suspicion, seems like the game some of these guys are playing
Old 01-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #1604
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
You are right, Daredevil. How .. inconsiderate I was of your condition. Allow Doom to rectify by changing the name.

CHANGE TEAM NAME -- DOOM AND HIS HANDICAPABLE LACKEY

*Deadpool*

Very nice, but I would've prefered Doom and the Only Guy Who Can Be Around Him With His Mask Off.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #1605
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Just for the record I trust Captain America, and if he trusts Professor X, then so do I.

Any reason for the trust of Captain America?

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #1606
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I spent some time putting together an action report card. This is obviously purely subjective and I did it for my own benefit, but I figured I would share it with others to create additional conversation.

I rewarded points as such:
1 point - day1 vote on Ironman, extra day1 damage to Ironman, day2 vote on Mystique, extra day2 damage to mystique, nonvoter day1, nonvoter day2

.5 point - attack on doom, possible diversion from Hawkeye, day1 damage to mystique

-.5 point - day1 cannonballvoter, late day2 vote on Hawkeye

1 point for Mystique, Ironman actions on days of their death as they were a revealed good guy now.

.5 points for votes on Doom or those directing the attack away from Hawkeye as neither are revealed and their true affiliation is unknown at this time (subjective on my behalf)

Gave back a -.5 for people voting Cannonball enmasse day1 (instead of putting the hammer on ironman) gave back a -.5 for voters who chose Hawkeye late on day 2 when it could have possibly saved Mystique.

(3)
Hawkeye, Cpt.America

(2.5)
Cpt.Marvel

(2)
Magneto, Storm, Spiderman, Deadpool

(1.5)
Hulk, Moon Knight, Daredevil

(1)
Warpath, Cpt.Britian, Venom, Mr.Sinister

(.5)
ProfessorX, Gambit, Wolverine, Mandarin, Mathematic, Cannonball

(----)
Dr.Doom

(-.5)
Silver Surfer, Juggernaut

I have a few people bolded because they are the ones of most interest to me..

Hawkeye - Was worst record after day 1, one of the reasons I voted for him on day2. Still has worst record and still no one really vouching for him. His death might or might not tell us alot about others in the game.

Marvel - Only person to be in on the attack to kill off both of our missing 12 so far.

Spiderman - Pushed his team to look at Hawkeye yesterday, but then didn't attack him. His attack on Hawkeye -would- have saved Mystique yesterday.

Deadpool - I backed him a little bit saying we should give him time to get back into the swing of the hero thing before people look to be rid of him. Now part of me wonders if I should have. His attack on Doom still seems quite inexplanable to me, and moreso he went out of his way to try to get others to go after Doom at a time where it looked like a way to pull attention away from Hawkeye.

Doom - As I said earlier, unless someone says otherwise or gives a reasonably explainable alternative possibility I'll believe him that he was attacked.

Silver Surfer - Having a bad attack record is normal. As we see most of us have made more bad moves than good so far. Those who have the most ability to avoid bad news are those who know where not to make the moves. I fully expect one of the horsemen to be sitting back and letting us make all of the bad moves for them. Since at the start we had an 80% chance of getting a fellow good guy and a 50% chance of hitting one of the 12, they really don't have to push too hard. Silver Surfer was one of the people I felt coming in that I would have thought an ideal choice for Apocolypse and the fact he's made the moves that he has makes me even more concerned.

(Mandarin)
A couple of comments.
On your Spiderman comments you claim that an attack from him would have killed Hawkeye aand spared Mystique. However, I was under the impression that though it would have killed Hawkeye it would have not saved Mystique. Did she not have double her health in attacks during the course of the day?

Secondly I wanted to admit to giving extra damage to Hawkeye. that will help to make your chart more accurate. and help find missing damage on him.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #1607
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

I think we need to look at the 'quieter' players. Quiet can be lack of posts and also people who don't post anything really important that often.

Juggernaut,
Deadpool,
Mr. Sinister,
Captain Britian
Mathemaniac
Gambit (work, i know)
Venom

all 7 seem to be out of the spotlight and in the shadows throughout the last two days. In the past when I have been evil I have tried to stay out of the limelight just enough to avoid suspicion, seems like the game some of these guys are playing

*Deadpool*

For the record, cassette, CD, and downloadable content, I don't believe I've stayed in the shadows.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #1608
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Deadpool - I backed him a little bit saying we should give him time to get back into the swing of the hero thing before people look to be rid of him. Now part of me wonders if I should have. His attack on Doom still seems quite inexplanable to me, and moreso he went out of his way to try to get others to go after Doom at a time where it looked like a way to pull attention away from Hawkeye.

*Deadpool*

Try staying away from the peyote and firewater kemosabe. I already explained why I went after Doom and I antagonized wolvie to go after Doom.

Sheesh. It was all in character! I backed up my fellow Weapon X-er and I felt as if Wolverine wouldn't back down. Now, a second-rate Thunderbird might back down from a fight...
Old 01-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #1609
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alant, how do i have 2.5 points instead of 2?

I had you down as one of the people who voted for Mystique, voted for Ironman, and had you listed as one of the ones who pushed the vote away from Hawkeye.

Obviously in my eyes if Hawkeye ends up good, anyone who falls in that last category shouldn't be penalized. With so much unknown about Hawkeye though right now, I'm just not sure what to think right now of everyone who deflected attention from Hawkeye to one of the 12 yesterday.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #1610
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
(Mandarin)
A couple of comments.
On your Spiderman comments you claim that an attack from him would have killed Hawkeye aand spared Mystique. However, I was under the impression that though it would have killed Hawkeye it would have not saved Mystique. Did she not have double her health in attacks during the course of the day?

Secondly I wanted to admit to giving extra damage to Hawkeye. that will help to make your chart more accurate. and help find missing damage on him.

Perhaps it wouldn't have saved her if she had taken enough damage after all. You probably are right about that. Still its coming off to me as a pretty sly play. If Hawkeye dies somehow and ends up bad, he says he posted his supsicion of him before most of the others.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #1611
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

This is why I say we have to go after the Hulk.

Again, he is the prefect Apoc because he can hide behind his hulk-speak. Hulk is UTR even when he is right out in the open.

The "5" have been very clever so far. Not a single hair out of place and 2 of us down.

Somebody give me their reasons whey they think Hulk is a bad target? I remember being talked out of this earlier. I may need to revisit those conversations to see if those same people then turned on mystique (Satan rest her soul).

Hulk wanted to smash me for naming him earlier and yet he didn't. Odd

I still have a hunch that Doom faked his own attack on Night 1 to give him some maneuvering room. Look at all the people that are looking right over him now. I see people giving doom a pass since they think he narrowly avoided the first evil night lynching. Don't be blind.

My next attack is going to be Doom or Hulk. If I'm killed off tonight, look at these two.

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

IF SMELLY MIDGET ALIVE TOMORROW, HULK WILL DESTROY!!!!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #1612
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No one likes you when you're angry.

DD
Old 01-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #1613
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
*Deadpool*

For the record, cassette, CD, and downloadable content, I don't believe I've stayed in the shadows.

BAH! You live in the shadows, worm. You have not the courage to stand and fight face to face. You must strike from behind, as you did to Doom.

Yet here Doom stands, unfazed by your pitiful attempt. Yet Doom stands.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #1614
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

IF SMELLY MIDGET ALIVE TOMORROW, HULK WILL DESTROY!!!!!!!!!

You are wise beyond your years, Hulk, but might Doom advise ... AGAINST attacking the smelly midget.

Truth be told, aside from his cowardly attack upon the visage of Doom, which was ineffective, he has not done anything to warrent this.

If Doom were to guess, Doom believes Wolverine to be under control by a psychic, who is manipulating his limited intellect. Nah, I would look at Professor X, as he is the one in the shadows, accusing everyone, but yet has only attacked those who have been revealed to be innocent.

Much like Apocalypse, weaving into the shadows, letting others do his work for him, so does Xavier. While, of course, there is no proof, I am highly suspicious.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #1615
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
We have to do double damage to the 2nd lynchee. We obviously didnt do that to hawkeye, though i have no doubt we took him down below 0. I was saying if it was reversed, and hawkeye was the top lynchee(he would have won the tie-breaker) he would have died for going to 0, and mystique, still wounded badly from yesterday, would have been extremely easy to take to double health. Part of the reason i have to assume all of those late attacks on mystique were in some mannor to save hawkeye, though i still trust him more then most

Okay, that makes sense. I was thinking we had to double the current health to kill anyone.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #1616
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are wise beyond your years, Hulk, but might Doom advise ... AGAINST attacking the smelly midget.

Truth be told, aside from his cowardly attack upon the visage of Doom, which was ineffective, he has not done anything to warrent this.

If Doom were to guess, Doom believes Wolverine to be under control by a psychic, who is manipulating his limited intellect. Nah, I would look at Professor X, as he is the one in the shadows, accusing everyone, but yet has only attacked those who have been revealed to be innocent.

Much like Apocalypse, weaving into the shadows, letting others do his work for him, so does Xavier. While, of course, there is no proof, I am highly suspicious.

this saddens me very much Doom. i had begun to believe that we were both acting for good, yet now your accusation of me causes me to wonder if that is indeed the case.

there are others who have only attacked the innocent and are less vouched-for than myself I am sure.

I could see your argument for Wolverine being under control by a psychic, but if it is true, it's not me. I do not possess that type of power in this environment.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #1617
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I already addressed both of these points yesterday. Just as I said yesterday I had a few people I was uneasy with, some of which addressed my concerns and I lowered them down my suspect list a tad. Others (yourself included) chose not to and instead just attacked back. You wern't even my #1 target going into yesterday, but your responses made me decide to go with you.

I find it very uneasy how people moved the attack off of you in order to kill one of the twelve yesterday. Everyone has all of these ways to develop trust of everyone else except me it seems. Right now I don't know which of you are with Apocolypse just as I don't know who was responsible for killing my clan.

Anyways you'll see my point system doesnt mean to me most points = most suspicious. I even stated that. Its just something I use to help find interesting things about people. The person I think looks worst in my point system is Silver Surfer.

When you have conn issues, and every twelve times or so you hit refresh only once will it come up, and then again to hit a reply, you have to choose your statements well. All I could do was play a tiny amount of defense, buit I have been very open. I was the first in the game to post how much damage I did to IM , for example, in order to help us figure out what's going on.

I had to read virtaully all of yesterday's posts in a row so I adoubt I remember everything said like I would normally.

And, with my low health, I'm still playing defense. Not really much else i can do at this point.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #1618
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
this saddens me very much Doom. i had begun to believe that we were both acting for good, yet now your accusation of me causes me to wonder if that is indeed the case.

there are others who have only attacked the innocent and are less vouched-for than myself I am sure.

I could see your argument for Wolverine being under control by a psychic, but if it is true, it's not me. I do not possess that type of power in this environment.

No, you are right -- Doom happens to believe others are guilty as well, such as Moon Knight, but until another comes forward as having psychic abilities, you are the only one to accuse.

I do believe Wolverine is or was under control.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #1619
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Something I thought of while reading:

Would anyone believe there to be a way to compel a vote? Such as a '
[/color]

and that being the entire post?

DD

I'm guessing tomorrow's project will be to scour the posts and see if I find a post resembling this.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #1620
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, you are right -- Doom happens to believe others are guilty as well, such as Moon Knight, but until another comes forward as having psychic abilities, you are the only one to accuse.

(ooc) don't forget hoops said that abilities won't always match up to comic-powers. so for instance...venom could have psychic powers. (/ooc)

I also believe that Wolverine was under control. Maybe we can find out this way.

Wolverine, if you were not under control of another power the other night then you should be planning on attacking Doom again and trying to finish the job, no?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #1621
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

(Mandarin)
You Haughty Loquacious European! Do you talk to hear yourself? Several in our midst have used their powers (I assume) and determined his innocence. If not their special abilities, at least their powers of observation. I believe you are letting your likenesses start to have their own thought. Clearly this type of thinking is not coming out of the "great genius Doom." the only thing worthwhile you said in your entire rant was that my good friend the hulk should not attack the clearly misguided Wolverine.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #1622
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X)

I intend not for Wolverine to initiate another attack on Doom, but rather for him to answer the question honestly and take no action. If he was being controlled then he would answer no to the question, or hem and haw. If he was not being controlled then he should say yes.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #1623
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I had you down as one of the people who voted for Mystique, voted for Ironman, and had you listed as one of the ones who pushed the vote away from Hawkeye.

Obviously in my eyes if Hawkeye ends up good, anyone who falls in that last category shouldn't be penalized. With so much unknown about Hawkeye though right now, I'm just not sure what to think right now of everyone who deflected attention from Hawkeye to one of the 12 yesterday.

Well the way things are going, it looks like the same people will push for Hawkeye tomorrow and he will probably die. If he is bad, then I made a mistake, another one, but I dont think he is a horseman. He has had too shitty of connection to really play a good role of a bad guy, plus Hawkeye isn't the type of character I would pick as Apocolypse. Maybe we should focus our attention on the people pushing for Hawkeye, not pushing away from him.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #1624
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Mandarin)
You Haughty Loquacious European! Do you talk to hear yourself? Several in our midst have used their powers (I assume) and determined his innocence. If not their special abilities, at least their powers of observation. I believe you are letting your likenesses start to have their own thought. Clearly this type of thinking is not coming out of the "great genius Doom." the only thing worthwhile you said in your entire rant was that my good friend the hulk should not attack the clearly misguided Wolverine.

How ... DARE YOU SPEAK TO DOOM IN THAT MANNER?!!?!?!

Know your place, you epitome of asian arrogance!! You "assume"? None of what you assume has been verified!!! If Xavier is evil, he very well could be protecting a lackey!

If you wish to blindly trust, then so be it. Doom will do no such thing.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #1625
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I wanna wait until we see what happens overnight, and then, let's reassess what's going on. Too often I've seen groups of people going after each other while the bad guys sit and observe.

No more will I talk about how I was absent for most of the day yesterday. Either remember it or don't at your leisure.

I'd like to move on, and explore other options. There were others who made mysterious moves yesterday that had nothing to do with me. For example, the people who attacked vicky yesterday after vicky claimed to have been attacked durign the night, a claim no one refuted.

Why attack vicky when there is a good chance he's perfectly innocent?

-Hawkeye

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #1626
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

If Doom were to guess, Doom believes Wolverine to be under control by a psychic, who is manipulating his limited intellect.

I don't understand this. You don't think Wolverine has done anything to warrant an attack, yet you practically goaded him into attacking you yesterday by announcing you were going to attack him?

All this talk of Wolverine being controlled is pure bunk. If he's being controlled, it's out in the open with people using Wolverine's strong personality against him. Dr. Doom egged him into attacking as did Deadpool. I don't buy the possibility that someone is pulling Wolverine's strings behind the scenes.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 PM   #1627
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I don't understand this. You don't think Wolverine has done anything to warrant an attack, yet you practically goaded him into attacking you yesterday by announcing you were going to attack him?

All this talk of Wolverine being controlled is pure bunk. If he's being controlled, it's out in the open with people using Wolverine's strong personality against him. Dr. Doom egged him into attacking as did Deadpool. I don't buy the possibility that someone is pulling Wolverine's strings behind the scenes.

SPIDER-MAN

Maybe not Wolvie, but maybe someone else?

Or perhaps, thinking this through, perhaps someone was withheld from attacking.

DD
Old 01-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #1628
Poli
FOFC Survivor

For that matter, maybe someone was withheld from posting or anything at all.

DD
Old 01-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #1629
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Maybe not Wolvie, but maybe someone else?

Or perhaps, thinking this through, perhaps someone was withheld from attacking.

DD

I don't doubt the possibility that it can occur in this game. In fact, I would be surprised if someone doesn't have this type of ability.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #1630
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well the way things are going, it looks like the same people will push for Hawkeye tomorrow and he will probably die. If he is bad, then I made a mistake, another one, but I dont think he is a horseman. He has had too shitty of connection to really play a good role of a bad guy, plus Hawkeye isn't the type of character I would pick as Apocolypse. Maybe we should focus our attention on the people pushing for Hawkeye, not pushing away from him.

I will feel alot better about Cpt. Marvel if Hawkeye ends up being good.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #1631
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN

(Mandarin)

Precisely, Webcrawler. and plus if, on the off chance that anyone was controlling him, it certaintly would not one of the more trusted of those assembled. How many more must vouch for him before it is believed?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #1632
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I will feel alot better about Cpt. Marvel if Hawkeye ends up being good.

I would hate to have one of my teamates killed off just to clear my name
Old 01-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #1633
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

JOIN TEAM Convenient Allies

Perhaps we should rename it Circle of Trust?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #1634
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would hate to have one of my teamates killed off just to clear my name

Is that how you felt when you helped kill off two of my team mates? (Mystique, Ironman)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #1635
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
BAH! You live in the shadows, worm. You have not the courage to stand and fight face to face. You must strike from behind, as you did to Doom.

Yet here Doom stands, unfazed by your pitiful attempt. Yet Doom stands.

*Deadpool*

I thought you liked it from behind?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #1636
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
(ooc) don't forget hoops said that abilities won't always match up to comic-powers. so for instance...venom could have psychic powers. (/ooc)

I also believe that Wolverine was under control. Maybe we can find out this way.

Wolverine, if you were not under control of another power the other night then you should be planning on attacking Doom again and trying to finish the job, no?

*Deadpool*

Beejeezus. Is Warpath passing you guys the peyote and firewater? He pretty much said that he attacked Doom because Doom was provoking him. C'mon! Your statements make me think that there is an unholy union between scarface and wheelchair boy.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #1637
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm hurting real life, folks. I'm going to try and work through it though.

I don't want to get into right now. It's nothing to do with me or my family. Don't worry about me. I'm just hurting.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #1638
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:

Juggernaut,
Deadpool,
Mr. Sinister,
Captain Britian
Mathemaniac
Gambit (work, i know)
Venom

(Wolverine)

Don't forget Hulk! He is hiding in plain sight. What has he offered beyond his Hulk-talk? Nuttin', that's what.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:36 PM   #1639
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
(Mandarin)

Precisely, Webcrawler. and plus if, on the off chance that anyone was controlling him, it certaintly would not one of the more trusted of those assembled. How many more must vouch for him before it is believed?

Let's see if I understand everyone who has vouched for someone else.

Captain Britain vouched for Captain America
Mr. Sinister vouched for Professor X
Professor X vouched for Captain America
Moon Knight somewhat vouched for Professor X
Wolverine vouched for Professor X

Am I missing anyone?

So, Professor X has been vouched for three times. Wolverine's I throw out immediately since it doesn't seem to have any evidence behind it. Moon is one of my top suspects, so even a somewhat vouch from him doesn't do the Professor any good. The only one I know of that has claimed any evidence is Mr. Sinister. I'm not sure how I feel about Mr. Sinister, so right now that vouch doesn't hold much water.

What's interesting to me is how closely tied this group is. With the exceptions of Wolverine and Sinister, they all attacked Mystique. Actually, they were the instigators of the attack. It might not mean anything, but it smells fishy to me.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #1640
Bonegavel

Quote:
(X)

I intend not for Wolverine to initiate another attack on Doom, but rather for him to answer the question honestly and take no action. If he was being controlled then he would answer no to the question, or hem and haw. If he was not being controlled then he should say yes.

(Wolverine)

I'll be honest Chuck (Prof X), I just flew off the handle at Doom and had to back up what I said. I don't care if he is one of the 12 or not. I want others to know that I don't just shoot the breeze. I mean what I say.

Since that may not be very productive in this situation we have found ourselves in, I'm trying to bite my tongue and not put myself in a situation where I have to attack and kill an innocent just because my temper said something.

I did not Attack the Doombot the other night. As for my attack today, I was in a rage and Deadpool just put me over the edge and I smelled blood in the water and went a little nuts.

I may or may not continue my attack on him tomorrow. I don't necessarily think Doom is evil, but I don't see why taking him out (evil or not) is any worse than taking out a hawkeye or cannonball. For the time being we are going to be killing innocents and there is a very slight chance we might get lucky and strike down one of the 5. Why not Doom?

He seems just as likely a target to me as Magneto or Hulk.

Hulk is to dangerous to keep around. Magneto can twist me up into tinfoil. I think Doom lied about his doombot being attacked. I think he did it himself. What better way to avoid the spotlight. Be the first attacked in the freebie kill of evil. Oh, and he lived to tell the tale. He would never have know to throw out a doombot the first night. Too coincidental to me.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #1641
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I missed this quote earlier.

Quote:
However when Captain America and I did decide to attack Mystique, knowing that she would retaliate the next day with deadly furor had she survived, I determined that we needed to gather a sufficient enough coalition to make sure that wouldn't happen, because the side of good needs my power.

You must have a really short memory, Professor. Mystique was attacked on the first day and barely survived. She didn't lash out the next day at her attackers. Instead, she went after Hawkeye. What makes you think that she would unleash the fury this time if she survived?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #1642
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
(Wolverine)

Oh, and he lived to tell the tale. He would never have know to throw out a doombot the first night. Too coincidental to me.

You threatened to kill me during the night. Why wouldn't Doom protect himself, assuming you do what you just said you do:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
I mean what I say.

So you SAY you will attack Doom on Night 1, and you mean what you say, but now you say you didn't attack Doom. Which is it?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:52 PM   #1643
Bonegavel

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN

(Wolverine)

I merely mentioned that I hoped I wasn't being manipulated because I seemed to have flipped out on Doom quicker than I normally would have. Maybe it's just his effective personality and he pushed the right buttons. God only knows my buttons aren't all that hard to push.

Not to mention, I was tossing out a lot of macho b.s. and he called me on it. What choice did I have but to attack Doom? If I didn't attack him after all the crap I spewed out, why would anyone believe anything I said again?

Now, did he goad me into attacking him knowing that it would make me not attack the target of the rest of my team (as I had done on day1) which he was fairly certain would not be him? I could have been the deciding factor in the Hawkeye/Mystique battle.

As I've said, I'm trying to hold my tongue now so I don't have to waste energy on stupid crap and get back to the task at hand.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #1644
Bonegavel

Quote:
You threatened to kill me during the night. Why wouldn't Doom protect himself, assuming you do what you just said you do:

So you SAY you will attack Doom on Night 1, and you mean what you say, but now you say you didn't attack Doom. Which is it?

[ooc]hehe, let me go back and check. I said a lot of crap that first day...[/ooc]

Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #1645
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Let's see if I understand everyone who has vouched for someone else.

Captain Britain vouched for Captain America
Mr. Sinister vouched for Professor X
Professor X vouched for Captain America
Moon Knight somewhat vouched for Professor X
Wolverine vouched for Professor X

Am I missing anyone?

So, Professor X has been vouched for three times. Wolverine's I throw out immediately since it doesn't seem to have any evidence behind it. Moon is one of my top suspects, so even a somewhat vouch from him doesn't do the Professor any good. The only one I know of that has claimed any evidence is Mr. Sinister. I'm not sure how I feel about Mr. Sinister, so right now that vouch doesn't hold much water.

What's interesting to me is how closely tied this group is. With the exceptions of Wolverine and Sinister, they all attacked Mystique. Actually, they were the instigators of the attack. It might not mean anything, but it smells fishy to me.

SPIDER-MAN

For some reason I remember Cpt.Britain and Cpt.America's love mutual to each other.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #1646
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Now, did he goad me into attacking him knowing that it would make me not attack the target of the rest of my team (as I had done on day1) which he was fairly certain would not be him? I could have been the deciding factor in the Hawkeye/Mystique battle.

I doubt this. If he was trying to draw attention away from Hawkeye, it clearly backfired. I really think if anyone was trying to draw attention from Hawkeye, it was in the group that went after Mystique.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #1647
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
For some reason I remember Cpt.Britain and Cpt.America's love mutual to each other.

Captain America believes Captain Britain is good because of his actions on day one. I don't think he actually vouched for him, though.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #1648
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I missed this quote earlier.

You must have a really short memory, Professor. Mystique was attacked on the first day and barely survived. She didn't lash out the next day at her attackers. Instead, she went after Hawkeye. What makes you think that she would unleash the fury this time if she survived?

SPIDER-MAN

I was more worried about Magneto and Warpath. The side of good can't afford to lose me Spidey. I agree that it looks suspicious that we are all tied into our attack on Mystique, but do keep in mind that it's DAY TWO. Things are still chaotic and largely "slightly informed hunches" on most Day Two's, this one more than others I'd venture to say.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #1649
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was more worried about Magneto and Warpath. The side of good can't afford to lose me Spidey. I agree that it looks suspicious that we are all tied into our attack on Mystique, but do keep in mind that it's DAY TWO. Things are still chaotic and largely "slightly informed hunches" on most Day Two's, this one more than others I'd venture to say.

Do you sit in a wheelchair to keep you from falling on your head further?

Worried about me doing what exactly? I had already attacked Hawkeye and had already left for the day most likely. What exactly was I going to do to you praytell?

Are you just making this up as you go?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:06 PM   #1650
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Captain America believes Captain Britain is good because of his actions on day one. I don't think he actually vouched for him, though.

SPIDER-MAN

This is true as far as I know.

I have vouched for Captain America.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote