Old 04-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #1601
Schmidty
Coordinator

Nope, the night was quiet.

Sorry for not mentioning that.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #1602
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm hoping that the Warlord shows up soon - would like to factor his scan into the thought process for this afternoon.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #1603
Raiders Army
Coordinator

VOTE BLADE6119

All the reasons I had for the past few voting cycles are still valid in my mind.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 PM   #1604
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
VOTE BLADE6119

All the reasons I had for the past few voting cycles are still valid in my mind.

I agree, tried to get us to go this way with the vote before, but the bandwagon seemed to always fall apart towards the end. Hopefully we can get the votes early and have them stay this time.

Vote Blade
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #1605
Blade6119
Coordinator

I wont be around today much, if at all. Im clean, never was converted. And if dubb and jeeber are clean(we dont know about jeeber, and schmidty made it sound like he could be) then hoops, raiders, and barkeep become my top targets again unless they are just backdooring us with quiet players.

VOTE BARKEEP
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #1606
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'll play devils advocate here on Blade, even though I'm getting more edgy about him as days go by. Since he was brilliant on Day 1 he is unlikely to have a special role that could threaten the Things. He is always likely to be a topic of conversation in any game of WW, and the fact that he hasn't been tested by now makes him more likely to be tested soon.

I don't think he makes a ton of sense as last nights conversion based on the reason above. So if Blade was converted, I would think Night 1 was the most likely day that this happened. And if that is the case, then the Things have probably done about as well as could be expected with converting him (there is no way you convert him Night 1 and expect him to live through the entire game).
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #1607
st.cronin
General Manager

vote coffee warlord

It doesn't make sense that the Things wouldn't have tried to convert him one of the last two nights.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:02 PM   #1608
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
vote coffee warlord

It doesn't make sense that the Things wouldn't have tried to convert him one of the last two nights.

I tend to agree. I'm eager to hear from him.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #1609
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Either you believe me or not, but, the following things happened.

1) I was not converted. Again.

2) I scanned Blade. The son of a bitch came up clear.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #1610
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Barkeep

Again

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #1611
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And if you DO believe me, at this point, it's gotta be the quiet people. I think we've covered pretty much the whole crop of louder ones / notorious ones.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #1612
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Believe I'll vote with blade today.

Vote Barkeep
Old 04-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #1613
JeeberD
General Manager

It's time to finally see whether Barkeep has been telling the truth or not.

Vote Barkeep

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #1614
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

Thanks for clearing me today...Honestly right now id rather vote hoops or mckerney...those 2 honestly are where i feel we have the best odds of a thing. Hoops has done everything right this game, which might tell us something(bad guys know who to defend to look good)...mckerney has jumped on every bandwagon possible and hasnt garnered much of a look except from hoops(which might be telling as well).

Barkeep i voted because after night one the things had to fear his powerful role, so a conversion makes sense. If we miss again today we are literally getting raped...so think carefully on this one.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #1615
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Thanks for clearing me today...Honestly right now id rather vote hoops or mckerney...those 2 honestly are where i feel we have the best odds of a thing. Hoops has done everything right this game, which might tell us something(bad guys know who to defend to look good)...mckerney has jumped on every bandwagon possible and hasnt garnered much of a look except from hoops(which might be telling as well).

Barkeep i voted because after night one the things had to fear his powerful role, so a conversion makes sense. If we miss again today we are literally getting raped...so think carefully on this one.

To be fair, you're 'clearance' isn't definite. Depends on how likely it was that CW was converted. I don't know what I think about that yet.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #1616
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Interesting development. Why did you pick Blade instead of someone else?
Old 04-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #1617
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Interesting development. Why did you pick Blade instead of someone else?

Because we've been flirting with voting Blade forever, always wind up swapping at the buzzer, and I wanted to know for certain. (or at least as certain as you can get in this game)
Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 PM   #1618
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I find it quite surprising, I might add, that now 2 of the big 3 who were strongly fighting me back on The Day of Reckoning are good guys (or at least WERE on that particular day.)
Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #1619
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I find it quite surprising, I might add, that now 2 of the big 3 who were strongly fighting me back on The Day of Reckoning are good guys (or at least WERE on that particular day.)
Which should show how badly we screwed that day up...meaning it is likely the things didnt get too involved, so people like hoops who sat back and make some really non-argumentative comments should be our top prospect...

CW, would you be willing to vote hoops with me if i swapped?
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #1620
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Which should show how badly we screwed that day up
Speak for yourself.

Anyhow, I'm leaving my vote as is. I'll see what the status is later after I get home from work.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #1621
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Anyhow, I'm leaving my vote as is. I'll see what the status is later after I get home from work.
Didnt you vote for me? So speak for yourself, as you were wrong too smart ass
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #1622
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
vote coffee warlord

Yes it does. The geneticist doesn't do much in this game. Also, the longer the geneticist continues as is, the more we suspect him. The more we suspect the geneticist, the less we'll listen to what he says, so the weaker his impact becomes. Eventually, we'll probably vote for him again. Imagine the laugh the Things get and the sheck we experience when CW is proved to still be human.

If I were a thing, I wouldn't even bother with CW. He's too visible, too likely to be bodyguarded, and gets less and less support with each passing day.

In fact, I suspect that CW is telling the truth at this point. Blade is cleared in my mind, as a result.

-Anxiety

Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #1623
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Which should show how badly we screwed that day up...meaning it is likely the things didnt get too involved, so people like hoops who sat back and make some really non-argumentative comments should be our top prospect...

CW, would you be willing to vote hoops with me if i swapped?

I think that's not a half bad idea, though strongly I wonder about Barkeep, for one big reason. We do not know what Quik was. We only have Barkeep's word that he was a Thing, and this is something that has bothered me since day 1. We've all just sort of accepted the fact that he was a Thing, and moved on.

Frankly, why WOULD a human with a Kill power use it right off the bat? You almost have better odds killing a human with an important role than you do a Thing. He went public, Qwik died, and all of a sudden Barkeep is a local celebrity. The fuck?

In short, I think I just talked myself into lobbying for Barkeep today.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #1624
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I used this exact same analogy yesterday in arguing we should vote for Barkeep.

-Anxiety

Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #1625
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I think that's not a half bad idea, though strongly I wonder about Barkeep, for one big reason. We do not know what Quik was. We only have Barkeep's word that he was a Thing, and this is something that has bothered me since day 1. We've all just sort of accepted the fact that he was a Thing, and moved on.

Frankly, why WOULD a human with a Kill power use it right off the bat? You almost have better odds killing a human with an important role than you do a Thing. He went public, Qwik died, and all of a sudden Barkeep is a local celebrity. The fuck?

In short, I think I just talked myself into lobbying for Barkeep today.
Heres my problem with that(and i was the one who led the barkeep charge day 2 after the qwik kill). Where does it leave us. What do we gain? If we test him and he comes up clean, we find out qwik was a thing. Great, what does that tell us? Qwik didnt connect himself to anyone day 1, and nobody drew a battle line with him. Learning about qwik tells us nothing in my mind. So a vote for barkeep only should be taken if you believe barkeep to be a thing. Quite possible with how he has avoided a test despite votes(especially day 2, though granted the vote he avoided went to a thing). Ask yourself who is more likely a thing, barkeep or hoops. Not to find out about qwik, just that.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:03 PM   #1626
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I used this exact same analogy yesterday in arguing we should vote for Barkeep.

-Anxiety

That should show how much I was paying attention over my 4 day weekend.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #1627
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Heres my problem with that(and i was the one who led the barkeep charge day 2 after the qwik kill). Where does it leave us. What do we gain? If we test him and he comes up clean, we find out qwik was a thing. Great, what does that tell us? Qwik didnt connect himself to anyone day 1, and nobody drew a battle line with him. Learning about qwik tells us nothing in my mind. So a vote for barkeep only should be taken if you believe barkeep to be a thing. Quite possible with how he has avoided a test despite votes(especially day 2, though granted the vote he avoided went to a thing). Ask yourself who is more likely a thing, barkeep or hoops. Not to find out about qwik, just that.

I don't dispute any of this. I'm not trying to CLEAR Barkeep, I'm thinking, between him and hoops, the odds on him are at least even, perhaps a bit better.

Though there has been almost zero heat on hoops, he'd be a ripe target for conversion, especially since he's been a guiding factor for awhile.

Hell. Could be both of them. We've got to have a pretty target rich environment at this point. I'd like to hear some other people chime in.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #1628
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't dispute any of this. I'm not trying to CLEAR Barkeep, I'm thinking, between him and hoops, the odds on him are at least even, perhaps a bit better.

Though there has been almost zero heat on hoops, he'd be a ripe target for conversion, especially since he's been a guiding factor for awhile.

Hell. Could be both of them. We've got to have a pretty target rich environment at this point. I'd like to hear some other people chime in.
In my mind, with all of the loud players coming up clear someone is picking the quiet players. And i see hoops making that move as a thing. I dont know if barkeep would make that move. The other part that gets me is hoops was never cleared, not even on day 1. He tried to latch on to the brilliant thing, and it came across as very akward and forced. Right now im going to go back and look at a few things from early in the game...give me a sec to decide if i want to change my vote
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #1629
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
In my mind, with all of the loud players coming up clear someone is picking the quiet players. And i see hoops making that move as a thing. I dont know if barkeep would make that move. The other part that gets me is hoops was never cleared, not even on day 1. He tried to latch on to the brilliant thing, and it came across as very akward and forced. Right now im going to go back and look at a few things from early in the game...give me a sec to decide if i want to change my vote

You forget, he was the first person I scanned.

If he IS a thing, he was not an original.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #1630
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Didnt you vote for me? So speak for yourself, as you were wrong too smart ass
You were proven wrong; I have not been proven wrong...yet.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #1631
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You forget, he was the first person I scanned.

If he IS a thing, he was not an original.
I dont dispute that one bit, and my thinking is he fell to us on night 2 currently...and likely, night 3 in my mind would have been tanglewood....that forces me to assume mckerney was a night 1 or an original, though mckerney is one im still quite unsure about and he can be replaced with almost anyone. Read my next post
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:29 PM   #1632
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I can agree with that logic. I'm with you on this one.

UNVOTE BLADE6119
VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 04-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #1633
Blade6119
Coordinator

Interesting posts from day 2 regarding hoops or by hoops...odd how he votes saldana then defends him, and tangle i thought deserved recognition for the best post ive ever seen him make

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Nah, not pissed at all. Just don't think that A = B in Dubbs stated goal and vote. But I recognize that everyone will interpret the 300 or so posts of information in a way that makes sense to them. And the penalty for accumulating votes isn't as harsh here as it normally is.

BTW, who is the dude in the pic?

I'll follow mckerney on his vote, since it doesn't look like my other candidate (Coffee Warlord) is generating much discussion up to this point.

VOTE SALDANA

Quote:
The one thing that concerns me about voting Saldana instead of you (not that those are the only two choices, just the two I've spent the most time considering) is that if Saldana was a Thing why would he go after Raiders in such a direct fashion? I don't think that the Things are looking to draw attention; they have enough to worry about with no lynchings ever taking place. Their best bet is to survive and advance with conversions and night kills. I think Saldana is an experienced enough player to know this, although I've certainly applied the "he couldn't be dumb enough to do this" logic before and been burned by my analysis.
#43something
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGLEWOOD
Well, I would think it useful to test Barkeep and see if he is being straight with us, but as I suspect that he is and his weird acting is some special role (I haven't seen the movie but suspect that Barkeep is playing one of the characters in it. Can anyone confim?) and therefore would rather test somone that I think could be a Thing.

Regarding the whole brilliant thing again, I am very weary of how it has been presented so far by/surrounding one player in particular: Hoopsguy. This is farily long, but I am trying to be exhaustive in proving my point, no matter how minor it may seem to some, and want to get a consensus on exactly who was cleared by the PM business on day one and why.

Guys that said brilliant in their posts that I believe has cleared them on Day 1
Swaggs - post #107 (slips brilliant into conversation in a deliberate way, would only be picked up on if you got brilliant in PM)
Blade - post #110 (as above, only more explicit as it is openly self referential)
Raiders Army - post #123 (explicit quotation of part of the PM)

RA says he thinks Blade is on his side because of his brilliance in #174, essentially bringing the whole brilliance in PMs issue into the open. From this point on anyone who uses brilliant could easily be a thing, it is from post #174 useless.

Then, in post #183 Dubb confirms that he also got 'simple but brilliant' in his PM. He was the first to confirm this part, so he is cleared. However, as with 'brilliant', as soon as it is openly confirmed it is now obsolete so cannot be used to cofirm anyone beyond post #183.

So, the main point of this post: why are we (or at least some of us) clearing Hoopsguy along with them? Here is Hoops' first, and therefore most important, reference to brilliant:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsguy (#180
Raiders, if we are coming out with the "brilliant" bit then you actually missed someone who said it - Swaggs.

The first time Hoops mentions brilliant is after three players have already hid it in their posts, which, as I said in my previous post RE: this whole brilliant buisness, an experienced wolf/thing could easily pick up on and imitate. All he mentions is the single word with no reference to "simple, but brilliant", the explicit quote, even though that is what Raider's used in his post so had already been out in the open. Dubb was the first to confirm 'simple but brilliant', and did so after Hoops' post here. Additionally, (although not necessarily to Hoops' inditement) The phrasing "'brilliant' bit" is very vague. Hoops' could argue that he was trying to 'protect' the exact PM wording and keep it useful, but it was already out in the open. If he had used it here, he would have been the one to at one make 'simple but...' obsolete but simultaneously clear himself, unlike Dubb who did so. It would have not changed our situation at all, perhaps have even been beneficial.

His post continues thusly, the self-quotation he makes I have underlined:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsguy (#180, cont.)
I had seen this when I posted in #143 but didn't want to bring this out.

but I don't have any good "reads" at this point (at least on who might be a "thing).

If you read between the lines, you can construe that I had some reads on who might be a scientist and it was because of the use of the word brilliant, which was found in my scientist description.

To me, this could well be some good wolfish bullshitting. Hoops has laid these types of false 'textual clues' before to great effect when a bad guy, notably the Star Wars game, where an ambiguos sentence of two can then be twisted post-facto to appear as a reference to something which the bad guy has only become aware of recently.

Therefore, I do not see any reason that Hoops was part of the brilliant group, so he is not one of the confirmed clear on Day one and should not get the special protection afforded the others (Swaggs, Blade, RA and Dubb).

I am by no means accusing Hoops of being a thing, only that it is not a 100% lock he wasn't a thing on day one, as some seem to have suggested by including him in the 'brilliant' group.

Therefore, I am not accusing Hoops but am not writing him out of possibilties either. Due to my strong hunch that Barkeep is good, and agreeing partly with RA's logic of going for Saldana (but only in a 'well, it's as good as any other reason at this point' kind of way), especially since he was 100% guarenteed clean when he made the accusation, I will:

Vote Saldana
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #1634
Blade6119
Coordinator

And with that

UNVOTE BARKEEP
VOTE HOOPS
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:44 PM   #1635
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'll go with that.

Unvote Barkeep
Vote Hoops
Old 04-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #1636
Blade6119
Coordinator

Welcome to the party hoops, looking forward to our chat on this one. Ready when you are
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #1637
path12
Coordinator

I think this is an interesting discussion and am not trying to hijack it at all, because these I think these are some valid questions that need to be asked.

But the quick bandwagon makes me a little wary, and I'll tell you why. CW has got to be a likely conversion target. If we assume there is a bodyguard, he was more than likely guarding CW two nights ago and might well not be able to guard him twice in a row. CW comes out today clearing Blade, who then charges after Hoops, whereupon CW follows him on the vote.

So my question is: Is it totally unrealistic to wonder if Blade converted CW last night?

Please feel free to shoot holes in this theory. It's just a weird feeling I'm getting.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #1638
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't think that's unrealistic at all; I've thrown back a few so I'm open to anything.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #1639
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think this is an interesting discussion and am not trying to hijack it at all, because these I think these are some valid questions that need to be asked.

But the quick bandwagon makes me a little wary, and I'll tell you why. CW has got to be a likely conversion target. If we assume there is a bodyguard, he was more than likely guarding CW two nights ago and might well not be able to guard him twice in a row. CW comes out today clearing Blade, who then charges after Hoops, whereupon CW follows him on the vote.

So my question is: Is it totally unrealistic to wonder if Blade converted CW last night?

Please feel free to shoot holes in this theory. It's just a weird feeling I'm getting.
Its actually quite likely id imagine....my only defense other then saying im good is i first voted barkeep...after that vote, jeeber and anxiety(as well as CW) voted barkeep with me...why if i was a thing and had momentum on a villager would i suddenly kill the surge and switch to hoops? Yes, CW has followed and RA has switched off of me to hoops, but if i was a thing wouldnt i sit back and watch barkeep burn?
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #1640
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Actually it might be a good play if it were an endgame strategy, but from Schimdty's comments, I'd guess that the game isn't near the end.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:06 PM   #1641
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, looks like I've been popular the last couple of hours. I'll start by protesting my innocence a little bit here.

1.) I don't think it is disputed that I was a scientist on Day 1. Coffee clears me with a night scan, so whether you believed me or not on the 'brilliant' thing is pretty immaterial.
2.) I haven't been converted, and I've spent time trying to figure out why. When I positioned arguments for why Blade might not be a Thing earlier today it was basically putting out my thoughts on why I had not been converted.
3.) If you are arguing when I was converted, I think it is a hard sell to suggest I was converted on the first night as I wouldn't have left Saldana hung out to dry like that. I put my vote on him when the outcome was still very much in doubt and never moved it.
4.) If you think that I was sitting out the argument on Day 2, it is because I was. I didn't think either one of the positions (RA + CW are Things, no Blade + Dubb are Things) because both arguments didn't feel well-founded to me. I posted on this repeatedly.
5.) I have no way to respond to how Barkeep would play as a Thing versus how I would play as a Thing. But suggesting that I'm more likely to convert "quiet" players than him makes very little sense to me. I respect how Barkeep plays the game. I think he would (as I would) go after the player he thought has the best chance to help his team win, quiet or verbal.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #1642
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually it might be a good play if it were an endgame strategy, but from Schimdty's comments, I'd guess that the game isn't near the end.
If we were end game it would be a terrible idea...endgame you just want a villager tested, regardless of who it may implicate. I dont see anyone making that move endgame as a thing.

As for endgame, i think we still have 2 days left...today and tomorrow...we miss both days and then it might be over. But 2 votes with incrwasing #s of things means we should hit one at least. We really should just keep checking the uncleared people and we should hit one on odds alone.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:08 PM   #1643
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, can you give me the argument again why we learn more by testing me than Barkeep? I didn't follow this at all, since there have been four nights to convert each of us. I've been cleared for Day 1 (by CW scan) while Barkeep has not.

I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going after him or you with my vote, basically.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #1644
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1643:

Blade - mckerney (1604)
Barkeep - Anxiety (1610), JeeberD (1613)
Coffee - Cronin (1607)
Hoopsguy - Raiders (1632), Blade (1634), Coffee (1635)
Old 04-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #1645
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
If we were end game it would be a terrible idea...endgame you just want a villager tested, regardless of who it may implicate. I dont see anyone making that move endgame as a thing.

As for endgame, i think we still have 2 days left...today and tomorrow...we miss both days and then it might be over. But 2 votes with incrwasing #s of things means we should hit one at least. We really should just keep checking the uncleared people and we should hit one on odds alone.
Me not understand you. I say if you guys were near the end, you guys might do that. sincd we're not near the end, you guys wouldn't do that.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #1646
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, looks like I've been popular the last couple of hours. I'll start by protesting my innocence a little bit here.

1.) I don't think it is disputed that I was a scientist on Day 1. Coffee clears me with a night scan, so whether you believed me or not on the 'brilliant' thing is pretty immaterial.
2.) I haven't been converted, and I've spent time trying to figure out why. When I positioned arguments for why Blade might not be a Thing earlier today it was basically putting out my thoughts on why I had not been converted.
3.) If you are arguing when I was converted, I think it is a hard sell to suggest I was converted on the first night as I wouldn't have left Saldana hung out to dry like that. I put my vote on him when the outcome was still very much in doubt and never moved it.
4.) If you think that I was sitting out the argument on Day 2, it is because I was. I didn't think either one of the positions (RA + CW are Things, no Blade + Dubb are Things) because both arguments didn't feel well-founded to me. I posted on this repeatedly.
5.) I have no way to respond to how Barkeep would play as a Thing versus how I would play as a Thing. But suggesting that I'm more likely to convert "quiet" players than him makes very little sense to me. I respect how Barkeep plays the game. I think he would (as I would) go after the player he thought has the best chance to help his team win, quiet or verbal.
1.the brilliant implies no role, and since you didnt really have it makes you a more attractive target for conversion. Its not immaterial at all in that sense.
2.Care to quote those, not sure exactly which ones your referencing
3.I think you were converted night 2, as i said above...im certain on night one you were clear(as cw scanned you night 1)
4.Day 2 was barkeep saldana, and then jeeber i believe(forget who was the second vote)...the time you reference was day 3, after i believe you to be converted if my theory holds true. Posting you believe both sides to be good, and have them both turn up to be good, ironically damns you in my mind. A thing knows when to support a villager, and your stance during the debate on day 3 of they all seem clean to me, ill be over here in the corner not getting votes is a very thingy move.
5.I agree, but in my opinion his move to convert the best player to win would be people like dubb...thats my opinion of him, and i stated mine of yours. To each his own...

Tag, your it hoops
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #1647
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm leaving my vote as is, unless soemone can give me overwhelming evidence why not to change said vote.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #1648
hoopsguy
General Manager

From my Post #1606 warning against a quick Blade run-away for votes:
Quote:
OK, I'll play devils advocate here on Blade, even though I'm getting more edgy about him as days go by. Since he was brilliant on Day 1 he is unlikely to have a special role that could threaten the Things. He is always likely to be a topic of conversation in any game of WW, and the fact that he hasn't been tested by now makes him more likely to be tested soon.

I don't think he makes a ton of sense as last nights conversion based on the reason above. So if Blade was converted, I would think Night 1 was the most likely day that this happened. And if that is the case, then the Things have probably done about as well as could be expected with converting him (there is no way you convert him Night 1 and expect him to live through the entire game).
Old 04-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #1649
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, can you give me the argument again why we learn more by testing me than Barkeep? I didn't follow this at all, since there have been four nights to convert each of us. I've been cleared for Day 1 (by CW scan) while Barkeep has not.

I'm trying to figure out whether I'm going after him or you with my vote, basically.
Far from it. Its not a matter of what we gain. Its a matter of going after a thing. Heres my quote on the topic, and one of barkeeps back from day 2(which proved quite true as we ended up killing saldana instead of testing barkeep):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
And that is why you go for the fucking victory my friends. Go for the fucking victory. Job well done, well done indeed. I just want to point out that I'm 2 for fucking 2 in this game at finding the shitbags we call Things. I have no further suspect at this time, as I feel it's likely a convert so I don't fucking know where to go. I think, however, it would be instructive to either:
*Test me to confirm once and fucking all that Qwik was a bad guy. I mean I went hard after saldana who proved to be one, but maybe some of you still think I'm just a douchebag.
*Go for Jeeber. He seems a likely convert target having been cleared and all yesterday.

But really I'm of open mind now.
Demotivation
Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #1650
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
From my Post #1606 warning against a quick Blade run-away for votes:
But ive drawn a lot of heat recently and people had been calling for my neck...not a soul besides me had really suspected you much(RA might have though, i forget)...you werent in any danger, i was...thats the key difference...so your defense of me(a villager, again alluding to what i said earlier) isnt going to fly as a defense of you as well
Demotivation