Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #1601
Schmidty
Coordinator

F******CK
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #1602
Schmidty
Coordinator

I can't believe this. I just happen to remember right at 7, run to the computer and just miss it by seconds.

Someone please kill me.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #1603
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I wasn't aware of the early deadline myself though it is right there in the thread title .
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #1604
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Someone please kill me.

we did already...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Hope you are feeling better.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #1605
The Jackal
Coordinator

Some craziness near deadline there. I can't fault people for taking out the hulk, especially since I've been encouraging it. Sucks he wasn't a wolf, but at least the random attacks are done with. Will echo the good thoughts towards Schmidty. I hope one of these times you can play and enjoy yourself! Don't worry about what happened here, just get better.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #1606
The Jackal
Coordinator

I assume I'll be around tomorrow.. so see you then
Old 07-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #1607
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I wonder if Cthulu has a restriction on who he can attack. He was on Jackal yesterday, me today, he attacked Sauron after he was scanned good, he asked about every player the other day...I'm thinking he might only be able to attack each player once and if he has no legal targets, he dies. Just pure speculation and even if I'm right it doesn't really matter much.

Because it's apparently my job to nitpick everything you say! Sauron wasn't scanned good, he was guarded by Autumn N1 (which we can now assume was the truth since Autumn is cleared) and there was no NK, lending people to believe hoops was good.

But in all seriousness that sounds like a fairly reasonable guess on what Cthulu's powers are like. I really have no idea.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 PM   #1608
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I cannot believe we didn't kill off Melisandre still to get something out of the day. Ah, well. See everyone tomorrow.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #1609
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Because it's apparently my job to nitpick everything you say! Sauron wasn't scanned good, he was guarded by Autumn N1 (which we can now assume was the truth since Autumn is cleared) and there was no NK, lending people to believe hoops was good.

But in all seriousness that sounds like a fairly reasonable guess on what Cthulu's powers are like. I really have no idea.

You're right, I misremembered that, though the point remains that the attack was still rather inexplicable in light of what Autumn said.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #1610
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

BK, I see you lurking, do you have to post?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #1611
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, I see you lurking, do you have to post?
Huh?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #1612
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Oops, meant do you have time to post?

In case you're slated for death, is there anything else you can confirm about my night action(s) from your Harry Potter spell? I'm not going to hold much or anything back at this point.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #1613
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have no other information that I want to get out there right now. My Harry Potter spell info is all out there so if I die, there's not a lot I can add at the moment.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #1614
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hm alright, well that's kind of a bummer for me but I'll make do.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #1615
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Whistle while you work.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #1616
Danny
Head Coach

Processing night deadline
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #1617
Danny
Head Coach

Eaglefan has been killed. He was a villager

I'll send out health updates now
Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #1618
Danny
Head Coach

Health updates sent out
Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #1619
Danny
Head Coach

Today's characters

Hercules
Dick Solomon
Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #1620
Danny
Head Coach

Deadline is the normal time at 10pm eastern
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #1622
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I did not win Gandalf, hopefully a villager did.

Despite that I tried to imply it, my power to 'predict' attacks was not a
one-time use power. *It's an every night use power. *I've been trying to keep
that information from the wolves (and probably past the point of where it was
wise to do so) for the potential utility in the endgame, but I can't imagine
today will be anything other than a JAG vs. Jackal referendum barring some
shocking revelation so there's no point in not laying my cards down right away. *
This hopefully explains why I haven't talked about the ability, why I tried to
be as vague as possible with BK, why I've done all these seemingly one-man
attacks on Jackal (they've all been aided by an additional person), and why I
didn't get as hurt as you might've expected after the attacks on me yesterday
(one of the people who attacked me actually attacked Jackal). *I was hoping BK could confirm this, but it seems like his Harry Potter power didn't tell him
what I had been doing each night, just a general idea of what my ability was. *I hope you realize that if I was a wolf I could've made far more chaotic and
effective use of this power than I have done so as a villager (e.g. killing off
weak villager characters by sending strong characters at them and having
everyone wonder how they died). *Anyway, I think my reasoning for holding off on revealing this was probably faulty, it probably would've saved some attacks on me if I had done so earlier and maybe been more believable (though this ability is very easily verified), but I misjudged that I would be viewed as suspiciously as I have been and I kept expecting Keyser to be knocked off, shown to be a wolf, and thereby clearing me, but unfortunately for me that obviously didn't work out as expected either. Also, I am limited to using it once per player (kind of obvious for balance reasons, it's also where I came up with my idea about Cthulu).

So anyway, essentially nothing has changed for me from my synopsis yesterday and over the past couple days. *To me the evidence from posts, attacks, and some clearing actions from others points to Jackal as the player most likely to be a wolf remaining with no one else particularly close in the running. *I'm hoping he's the last one because otherwise it's just going to be guesswork for me as to who the fifth wolf is. *Right now we're at either 6-1-1 or 5-1-2 so if there are two wolves left, this is a critical day as I don't think we can win a 3-1-2 situation without getting lucky with Character of the Day interactions.

Melisandre attacks Keyser Soze
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #1623
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for the hideous formatting above (and this post is to pad Danny's count).
Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #1624
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What is the case against Keyser?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #1625
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What is the case against Keyser?

JAG's gut, mostly. I haven't won any interactions and therefore haven't had any nuggets of information to lead to myself being more trusted. I don't have any particularly good votes on wolves, the ones on CF and NTN were 1) after a scan, and 2) an expected vote. Though we know JAG didn't vote for NTN either day, because he's convinced of me being bad. By making me into a target he's given the wolves no reason to take me out.

I still maintain one of the three people who've used an action to clear a villager or kill a wolf is where a wolf is hiding, and I guess it's possible there's one in JAG too. Our vote histories are pretty similar, JAG has just used an ability to move an attack, whereas my ability only relates to myself. Though I haven't used it yet, I was hoping that'd be a point in my favor - but there's really no way to check I'm telling the truth there.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #1626
The Jackal
Coordinator

But I'll let him tell you in his own words for the umpteenth time.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #1627
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

1. Worse voting record than the remaining people (attacked DT 3 times, mckerney once (though changed it to Schmidty later), Schmidty twice, and me (though you don't know it). Only good votes were the dog piles on CF and ntn. I'm not counting myself in that though my record will probably stand on his alliegence.

2. Has not cleared anyone nor been cleared by anyone.

3. Has been very passive and risk-adverse in his play, usually only going along with other people's opinions instead of trying to carve out something for himself, e.g. dubb as he did with Tyrith, EF as he did with ntn, Autumn when he went after EF (admittedly wrongly).
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #1628
The Jackal
Coordinator

1) JAG also attacked DT 3 times, and only attacked CF as far as wolves go. Otherwise has been on me.

2) Neither have you.

3) I was basically leading the voting against DT and have multiple times, as you've pointed out, voted for and suggested voting for the hulk. Both of those times I was wrong, but you're wrong about me too. I may have been "going along" the first couple of days when I was getting a hold on the game, but I've been fairly opinionated since then.

So I'm not sure how any of this gives any credence to your argument aside from it's a gut feeling. At the end of the day you have no facts, just an idea. And that's fine.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #1629
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just a bizarre pigeon holing here. I'm not going to tell people to go against their gut, but you've literally not considered voting for anyone else since Tyrith died, even when we needed to get NTN dow. And you keep saying you'll think about others once I die, but your refusal to consider that I might be a villager is reaching epic proportions.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #1630
Zinto
College Starter

Well we are at the point where no one has any concrete evidence to be used and we need to nail a wolf. That is why it is not a bad idea to follow Jag's gut on who maybe a wolf.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1631
Zinto
College Starter

I hate going on only Jag though so I am going to look back at things. There is a chance that he is a wolf and following him like I did yesterday could be bad news.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1632
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Well we are at the point where no one has any concrete evidence to be used and we need to nail a wolf. That is why it is not a bad idea to follow Jag's gut on who maybe a wolf.

It'd be one thing if he was a proven villager, but he isn't. He hasn't been scanned or anything. He's just known to be a strong villager, but.. he's a strong wolf too.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #1633
Autumn
Head Coach

We're coming for you

Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #1634
Zinto
College Starter

Also I am not against voting for one of the other people who cleared someone. I know I am a wolf so one of the other two would be people I am going to go back and look at.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #1635
Zinto
College Starter

Oops I mean I am NOT a wolf
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #1636
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I know I am a wolf.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #1637
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But I'll let him tell you in his own words for the umpteenth time.

I'm sick of it too. I'm getting a bit tired of it being characterized as only my gut from you the past couple days as well. There's better objective evidence that you're a wolf than the others too as well, it's not only gut. I also don't like the implication that there's something wrong with having an idea that's based on something that can't easily be quantified. I don't know how to explain that I think people like Zinto are playing what I've seen as their usual villager game whereas I don't think you are.

Anyway, wolf or villager I'm sure you're equally sick of me and you have a right to be, in your position I would be and have been of the other party when I was on the other side. But unless someone can make a really convincing case, I don't think I can change my mind that you're the best possibility as a wolf.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #1638
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just playing out the numbers...

7 players left. I suspect 1 wolf. If 6-1 we've got a fair amount of leeway. We could kill 2 people incorrectly and still be able to win.

If it's 5-2 we've only got 1 day of leeway left.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #1639
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sick of it too. I'm getting a bit tired of it being characterized as only my gut from you the past couple days as well. There's better objective evidence that you're a wolf than the others too as well, it's not only gut. I also don't like the implication that there's something wrong with having an idea that's based on something that can't easily be quantified. I don't know how to explain that I think people like Zinto are playing what I've seen as their usual villager game whereas I don't think you are.

Anyway, wolf or villager I'm sure you're equally sick of me and you have a right to be, in your position I would be and have been of the other party when I was on the other side. But unless someone can make a really convincing case, I don't think I can change my mind that you're the best possibility as a wolf.

I know you have laid out some things which support what was at first a gut feeling. I'm upset I haven't had a chance to use an interaction or be scanned myself, but such is the way things have fallen. But really it's up to other people to decide. I'm willing to take a shot at someone who's used an action to clear/kill someone, but we may have to deal with a showdown between us first.

KEYSER ATTACKS MELISANDRE
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #1640
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1) JAG also attacked DT 3 times, and only attacked CF as far as wolves go. Otherwise has been on me.

2) Neither have you.

3) I was basically leading the voting against DT and have multiple times, as you've pointed out, voted for and suggested voting for the hulk. Both of those times I was wrong, but you're wrong about me too. I may have been "going along" the first couple of days when I was getting a hold on the game, but I've been fairly opinionated since then.

So I'm not sure how any of this gives any credence to your argument aside from it's a gut feeling. At the end of the day you have no facts, just an idea. And that's fine.

1. Technically it was TMIMITW for a couple days, but still a villager. As I said, my record would stand on your allegiance. I find it curious you wouldn't view me in the same light with my voting record yet you took pains to say I was a more likely villager the first couple days of my crusade (probably due to gut ironically)

2. BK, probably the most trusted player left, confirmed I moved a wolf attack off Autumn. It's not rock solid, but it's better than nothing.

3. You may have attacked Schmidty first, but only after it had been under discussion by a number of players. I'll take your word on DT as I don't want to go back and dig that up though. You can take it as a compliment on your villager play that I just expect more from you after a few days to get into the game and don't feel like you've done what I would've expected.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #1641
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Looking at the players left:

DV (Cthulu) - Assumed Neutral Character; seemingly impervious to attacks

Barkeep (Athena) - Cleared by Zinto; dubb (known villager) stated no night action performed prior to D3

Zinto (Dwight) - Cleared Barkeep

Chubby - Had character which killed a wolf character

Jackal - No known actions

JAG - Directed attack against wolf; Has ability to switch someones attacks

Mau - ???

Can someone help me out with why mau is thought to be good?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #1642
The Jackal
Coordinator

1) That's right, I think you only attacked DT twice.

2) Yes, that is at least a point of info in your favor, which I cannot claim to have.

3) Not sure what I can say here. I usually base my later game voting on vote record, which this game doesn't have a whole lot of because of the mechanics of it. My only real theory at this point is the one I've mentioned that I'm positive a wolf would use an opportunity to give themself a bit of trust. Aside from that I really don't know.. and I've been forced into going into self-defense mode the past couple of days. I tried to ignore it at first but it's hard to now.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #1643
The Jackal
Coordinator

Chubby also scanned Lathum clear if I recall correctly, BK.

Mau used an interaction ability to finish off Tyrith the night that he somehow avoided being lynched.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #1644
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Chubby also scanned Lathum clear if I recall correctly, BK.

Mau used an interaction ability to finish off Tyrith the night that he somehow avoided being lynched.
Ok Thanks.

Given all that I think Chubby is the one who is hiding in plain sight. Killing off the weakest of a wolf's character doesn't deserve much trust at this point in the game. If Chubby is a wolf and he were to have been taken out first we could be hearing this same argument in defense of Crimson (whose posts I admit to missing). A wolf can always clear a player, especially when they quickly kill that player. I've not felt great about Chubby this whole game and the interplay between Jackal/JAG just feels villager-villager to me. The points that clear Chubby at this point in this game just don't hold water.

Athena attacks Chubby
Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #1645
Zinto
College Starter

Well it looks like I was not able to get a second look at my fake slip up. Since it probably will be a Jag vs jackal showdown I might as well tell you guys what I have been thinking.

I won Gandalf and if I was night killed last night or lynched today I would come back to life with more attack power. I am not sure how to try and get people to vote for me other then acting crazy today but I do not want to take away from the discussion since we are getting close to end game.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #1646
Zinto
College Starter

So if the village would think it was worth getting me more attack power I would be all for it but I thought about it more and don't know if it is worth it. I was hoping I would be night killed but there is still that doubt in too many people that I am wolf plus it would be Barkeep over me.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #1647
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

BK, you have to pick a character, not Chubby himself.

Kudos Danny for coming up with that Gandalf power, that's cool. I dont think it's worth it to kill him for that benefit though.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #1648
The Jackal
Coordinator

That is an interesting ability, Zinto. I don't know if it would be worth it at this point in the game, because that basically gives the wolves a free kill if we don't actually lynch someone. Plus, even though I tend to think you're probably a villager, we can't exactly trust you 100% on this. I wonder if it would reveal your allegiance upon death.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #1649
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne attack Dwight schrute

I think I would be on board with zinto gaining more power as it wouldn't kill him today. We could very well use this power over the next few days. I am Hoping that a villager wins interaction for bodyguard to protect zinto tonight.

If we coordinate this to use the right amount of AP on Dwight then we still may be able to take out who we agree to take out between jag and jackal.

My AP is a total of two between my characters.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #1650
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I would be surprised if we couldn't take out one of the two in addition to getting the extra power for zinto by killing him.