Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #1601
The Jackal
Coordinator

Guess I'll discuss my points of suspicion, no particular order -

Pass - Switched at the deadline from KWhit (dog) to Heinz (lolcat). Possible that he just wanted to avoid a tie, but in my discussion with hoops I made it pretty clear I wasn't looking to let a tie happen.

MC - claims one time lolcat powers and that he found out about being a lolcat during the first failed night kill. If the wolves tried to hit someone and failed, it's very possible that one of them decided to claim being a lolcat so as to get a free pass for a while, since none of us knew what lolcats were or did. also, we've got no way to confirm his powers, really.

RendeR - claims bodyguard after sea lion does, saying he was waiting for a fake claim to nail a wolf, and we know there was a back and forth discussion on whether or not the BG should reveal. the tone of his posts suggest to me that he's telling the truth, and I still feel like that counter-reveal would've been a poor play for a wolf, but we always have to look at the second person to claim a role with a lot of scrutiny.

sea lion - well, he was the first to claim BG. his story about protecting olie checks out, but almost switching to protecting MC throws a wrench into things. he also switched at the deadline from KWhit to Heinz.

EF - you might just be thoroughly confused but you've been pinging the wolfdar since day one, and while it's not enough to launch you to the front of the lynch candidates, my powerful kitteh ears are still perked.

Chances are we won't get a scan result from olie, unless we do have a lolcat BG mechanism that hasn't been used, so we may have to sift through all of this without real evidence.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #1602
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Pass - Switched at the deadline from KWhit (dog) to Heinz (lolcat). Possible that he just wanted to avoid a tie, but in my discussion with hoops I made it pretty clear I wasn't looking to let a tie happen.

I'll own up to my mistake -- I thought heinz was wolfy, and it was much more about that, than avoiding a tie. I suspected heinz's play on cronin Day 1 was done to save PB, and my suspicions were justified further when PB came up dog. My vote was only on KWhit that whole day to see who would save heinz, who I really wanted lynched that day.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #1603
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The Jackal -- no mention of CR?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #1604
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Mccollins hasn't posted in here since 2:17 yesterday, and in post #1297 yesterday he referred to having "multiple powers"...but again, he hasn't given information on his scan of SL yesterday, and in that same post he said he'd give more information on them after the night cycle, but hasn't. Suspicious?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #1605
Passacaglia
Coordinator

He's in the thread, probably catching up now.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #1606
KWhit
Coordinator

Bah. Good luck dogs.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #1607
Seolian
n00b

Go Detroit Sea Lions.
Seolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #1608
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The Jackal -- no mention of CR?

I'd have to put CR and dang in the same category of not being able to post much and therefore being hard to read. CR usually provides valuable insight and he seems to play the same way most games. I know he was a wolf in that cruise game posting analysis at night, and then I semi-framed him as a wolf in the chess game because of the same sort of activity. Its very possible one or both of them are wolves, they are just in the UTR category. Youre right though, I should've made an UTR category in my suspicion list.

Then there's hoops. We trust him because of one move made against PB? Its enough to put him below others on the suspicion list, but we have to be wary with him still being uncleared.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #1609
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Olie? I'm thinking Render gets your scan.

Since we apparently have 50,000 bodyguards, you may even survive.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #1610
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll own up to my mistake -- I thought heinz was wolfy, and it was much more about that, than avoiding a tie. I suspected heinz's play on cronin Day 1 was done to save PB, and my suspicions were justified further when PB came up dog. My vote was only on KWhit that whole day to see who would save heinz, who I really wanted lynched that day.

That's pretty much what I figured but I wanted to leave it to you to say instead of putting words in your mouth. We'll have to keep that vote in mind as we move forwards though, of course, because it's a nice smoke screen for someone trying to save KWhit without cementing themselves as a dog.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #1611
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'd have to put CR and dang in the same category of not being able to post much and therefore being hard to read. CR usually provides valuable insight and he seems to play the same way most games. I know he was a wolf in that cruise game posting analysis at night, and then I semi-framed him as a wolf in the chess game because of the same sort of activity. Its very possible one or both of them are wolves, they are just in the UTR category. Youre right though, I should've made an UTR category in my suspicion list.

Then there's hoops. We trust him because of one move made against PB? Its enough to put him below others on the suspicion list, but we have to be wary with him still being uncleared.

no -- you trust ME because of one move made against PB! Well, two moves against PB, actually. I trust hoops because ten minutes to deadline, PB put in a vote for him Day 1. I don't see PB doing that, as the chihuahua (as opposed to normal dog).
Old 06-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #1612
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
no -- you trust ME because of one move made against PB! Well, two moves against PB, actually. I trust hoops because ten minutes to deadline, PB put in a vote for him Day 1. I don't see PB doing that, as the chihuahua (as opposed to normal dog).

Aha. Can you recap the votes or what not from that scenario? I've been so focused on other things (and I believe that was the deadline I was completely out for) that I cant recall the series of events.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #1613
Passacaglia
Coordinator

on its way
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #1614
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Olie? I'm thinking Render gets your scan.

Since we apparently have 50,000 bodyguards, you may even survive.

I agree with this.

Well, the first part at least. I'm inclined to think we only have one bodyguard.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #1615
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree with this.

Well, the first part at least. I'm inclined to think we only have one bodyguard.

That second part was meant to be a bit sarcastic.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #1616
The Jackal
Coordinator

dola

but in order to believe we only have one bodyguard, then we have to accept one of three things:

1. MC is a lolcat and is telling the truth and the dogs failed their night attack on him

2. we've gotten really lucky and our bodyguard has blocked two attacks

3. there was a -gasp- conversion one of those nights
Old 06-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #1617
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
That second part was meant to be a bit sarcastic.

I know.

But the difference between 1 and 2 bodyguards is pretty crucial at this stage.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #1618
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, despite the fact that I still believe that we have a dog in hiding amongst our 'cleared' people, I think our best bet is swing away at those uncleared. I'm betting there are 4 mutts, 1 among our uncleared folk, and 1 among our cleared folk. It's likely going to be easier to get the one in our uncleared list first. Which gives us...

1.Hoopsguy
7.Passacaglia
8.RendeR (i'm still including him here)
11.Eaglefan
15.dangarion
17.Chief Rum

Going to try and go back through the voting record for everyone there, but the name that jumps out is EF, as he was the other member of the ones I was suspicious about in the PB lynch vote.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #1619
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
for hoopsguy:

Coffee Warlord votes Hoopsguy (111) 1-0-0
EagleFan votes PurdueBrad (128) 1-1-0
KWhit votes jeheinz72 (133)
Lathum votes Coffee Warlord (135)
The Jackal votes KWhit (140)
jeheinz72 votes The Jackal (150)
st.cronin votes Lathum (157)
PurdueBrad votes st.cronin (168) 1-1-1
st.cronin unvotes Lathum, votes PurdueBrad (174) 1-2-1
oliegirl votes hoopsguy (185) 2-2-1
Lathum unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes PurdueBrad (187) 2-3-1
Coffee Warlord unvotes hoopsguy, votes oliegirl (188) 1-3-1
jeheinz72 unvotes The Jackal, votes hoopsguy (189) 2-3-1
Seolian votes Coffee Warlord (193)
EagleFan unvotes PurdueBrad (197) 2-2-1
Chief Rum votes PurdueBrad (201) 2-3-1
EagleFan votes hoopsguy (203) 3-3-1
dangarion votes Lathum (204)
Seolian unvotes Coffee Warlord, votes Lathum (207) ***I think this vote was ruled illegal
Alan T votes PurdueBrad (209) 3-4-1
mccollins votes EagleFan (218)
PurdueBrad unvotes st.cronin, votes for mccollins (232) 3-4-0
Lathum unvotes PurdueBrad, votes mccollins (235) 3-3-0
hoopsguy votes jeheinz72 (250)
jeheinz72 unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (270) 2-3-1
mccollins unvotes EagleFan, votes st.cronin (283) 2-3-2
KWhit unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (290) 2-3-3
st.cronin gets nervous
Passacaglia votes hoopsguy (299) 3-3-3
Coffee Warlord unvotes oliegirl, votes PurdueBrad (311) 3-4-3
PurdueBrad unvotes mccollins (313)
Lathum unvotes mccollins, votes hoopsguy (314) 4-4-3
hoopsguy unvotes jeheinz72, votes st.cronin (318) 4-4-4
mccollins unvotes st.cronin, votes Coffee Warlord (358) 4-4-3
PurdueBrad votes hoopsguy (364) 5-4-3
Lathum unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (366) 4-4-4
Passacaglia unvotes hoopsguy, votes PurdueBrad (367) 3-5-4
PurdueBrad unvotes hoopsguy, votes st.cronin (371) 2-5-5

This is post 461 -- the numbers at the end are mine, not cronin's. First number is hoops, then PB, then st.cronin (alphabetical). Looking at the bolded number count, PB puts his vote on hoops, when it's 4-4-3. If hoops is a wolf, I gotta think PB presses his luck and votes cronin, making it 4-4-4.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #1620
The Jackal
Coordinator

But if hoops is a wolf, maybe they agreed that trying to preserve the life of the cunning wolf was most important? Hoops and I had to decide about voting for each other on day 1 of the chess game, and we went through most possible scenarios.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #1621
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That vote makes me feel good about mccollins, too -- keep in mind, though, that this was before their was an attempted night-kill on him. Who knows what that means. Maybe he knew he was an lolcat the whole time, but the night-kill attempt meant that he was converted? But jeheinz didn't seem to know he was an lolcat. I guess a lot will depend on what mccollins says this morning, but the funny thing is, even if he tries to mess with our heads, I don't know what he can do to confuse us more than we already are!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #1622
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
But if hoops is a wolf, maybe they agreed that trying to preserve the life of the cunning wolf was most important? Hoops and I had to decide about voting for each other on day 1 of the chess game, and we went through most possible scenarios.

I had considered that, and thought I had an answer for that, but I forget what it was.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #1623
The Jackal
Coordinator

Why does the vote make you feel good about MC? He voted for EF, cronin, then CW. At least the latter two are generally accepted as being cleared, and we would have to assume all the wolves would stack their votes on each other on day one.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #1624
The Jackal
Coordinator

And I don't know why I'm telling you about what hoops and I were talking about last game, since you already know. :P
Old 06-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #1625
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Why does the vote make you feel good about MC? He voted for EF, cronin, then CW. At least the latter two are generally accepted as being cleared, and we wouldhave to assume all the wolves would stack their votes on each other on day one.

gah, i meant wouldn't
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #1626
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why does the vote make you feel good about MC? He voted for EF, cronin, then CW. At least the latter two are generally accepted as being cleared, and we would have to assume all the wolves would stack their votes on each other on day one.

Just because the late unvote on cronin saved him.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #1627
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Just because the late unvote on cronin saved him.

Ah, that makes sense.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #1628
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Kwhit- Jackyl 1007, heinze 1072, RendeR 1174, CW1189, Lathum1235
Heinze- Cronin878, CR1062, EagleFan1065,Kwhitt 1100, Olie1148, mcollins 1156, hoops 1192, seolion, pass

Hoops:
Voted and stayed on Heinze

Passa:
Admitted his last second switch from KWhit to Heinze was suspicious. Which, of course, it is. Granted, it wasn't out of character for the way he's played every vote, and further granted, he's an experienced enough player to know how awful that vote looks if he was a wolf.

Render:
Was with me on SeaLion, then moved to KWhit. Not very close vote at the time, as the heavy push to KWhit came later. He's being indicted for other things, but I don't see a huge issue with his voting here.

EF:
Part of the first few votes on Heinz, and that was that. Yet another vote away from a wolf on his part.

Dang:
No vote.

CR:
Early vote on heinz, and that was that from him. Whether it's just from lack of availability or not, I personally haven't felt CR has contributed a lot, and is sliding a bit UTR.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM   #1629
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And I don't know why I'm telling you about what hoops and I were talking about last game, since you already know. :P

I got hundreds of PMs from that game -- I definitely didn't remember all of it!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #1630
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

All in all.

EF is getting my vote unless we get a seer report, methinks.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #1631
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Nothing from mccolllins, and it looks like he's out of the thread???? Is anyone else alarmed by this?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #1632
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Nothing from mccolllins, and it looks like he's out of the thread???? Is anyone else alarmed by this?

I think his role gets more powerful every time he posts, and could very well be our liar. But, like I said, uncleared people first, IMNSFHO.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #1633
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Looks like he's in the thread to me.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #1634
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not alarmed, but the longer he takes to reply, the more suspicious he gets. He could be slowly catching up if he missed all the talk from yesterday, but it was one of the slower days because of the runaway.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #1635
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Looks like he's in the thread to me.

He wasn't when I posted that, but he is back in now...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #1636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Hoops- Oliegril #185, Eagle Fan #203
Perdue Brad- St. Cronin # 174, chief Rum #201, alan T #209, Coffee Warlord #311, passacaglia #367
Kwhitt- the Jackyl #140
Coffee Warlord- Seolian #193, Mccolins #358
Lathum-Dangerion #204

St.Cronin- Heinze #270, Kwhitt #288, Hoops #318, lahum #365, PB #370ish

Quote:
Coffee Warlord -- mccollins (493), Chief Rum (661)
st.cronin -- dangarion (743)
PurdueBrad -- st.cronin (506), oliegirl (610), hoopsguy (663), The Jackal (683), Coffee Warlord (726), Kwhit (736), jeheinz72 (745), Passacaglia (750)
oliegirl --
EagleFan -- RendeR (674)
mccollins -- Seolian (692)
hoopsguy -- EagleFan (657), PurdueBrad (668), Lathum (670)

anyone disagreeing with this?

Quote:
Oliegirl- Lathum 959
Kwhit- Jackyl 1007, Pass 1008, heinze 1072, RendeR 1174, CW1189
Heinze- Cronin878, CR1062, EagleFan1065, Seolion 1066,Kwhitt 1100, Olie1148, mcollins 1156, hoops 1192

just looking at Hoops' voting record it isn't very good.

Day one he votes cronin and leaves it there when it was between Cronin ( known good) and PB ( known bad)

Day 2 he casts the third vote on PB, itt is obvious PB is going down that day, easily could be a ploy to gain trust.

Day 3 when it was between JEHeinze ( known good) and KWhit (known bad) hoops votes Heinze, at the time it makes it 8-5, almost nailing Heinzes coffin and saving KWhit.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #1637
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just looking at Hoops' voting record it isn't very good.

Day one he votes cronin and leaves it there when it was between Cronin ( known good) and PB ( known bad)

Day 2 he casts the third vote on PB, itt is obvious PB is going down that day, easily could be a ploy to gain trust.

Day 3 when it was between JEHeinze ( known good) and KWhit (known bad) hoops votes Heinze, at the time it makes it 8-5, almost nailing Heinzes coffin and saving KWhit.

I don't know if I would say that it was obvious PB was going down that day at the time hoops placed his vote. But he could have been leaving himself open to changing his vote. That looks like enough for me to take hoops out of my "trusted" list.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #1638
The Jackal
Coordinator

Which is exactly why I'm not ready to excuse hoops because PB voted for him late day one.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #1639
The Jackal
Coordinator

i see hoops is around, any thoughts on the goings on to share?
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #1640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, I'm fine with however you want to proceed with me this game. Scan me, lynch me, whatever. I'm pretty sure we are going to win this game, and probably in short order.

I actually was a later vote than 3rd on PB, although there were a number of votes/unvotes there. In order, I think I came in somewhere around 6th. However, I also think that I had a somewhat significant role to play in examining his fake reveal. Not as much as Cronin who was able to bust him on the BS reveal, but I felt like I played pretty well that day.

Not as well yesterday, obviously.

If Olie wants to scan me, and is able to live to tell about it, I would be happy to be cleared. If not, I understand there are bigger priorities (RendeR) and will deal with the consequences. I'm not protecting a streak anymore
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #1641
hoopsguy
General Manager

The question I've got at this point is how are we looking to proceed if we get a scan from Olie that shows RendeR with a light aura?

If that happens, then we've got two bodyguards who both claimed to block an attack on Oliegirl. Are we going to try and sort through those two or go after the uncleared?

I honestly think the latter is the better play, even if it means that I'm on the "purge" list.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #1642
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm perfectly happy worrying about the 'uncleared' people if Render comes back kosher. We can sort out that mess later.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #1643
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The question I've got at this point is how are we looking to proceed if we get a scan from Olie that shows RendeR with a light aura?

If that happens, then we've got two bodyguards who both claimed to block an attack on Oliegirl. Are we going to try and sort through those two or go after the uncleared?

I honestly think the latter is the better play, even if it means that I'm on the "purge" list.

Your last sentence applies exactly to me, as well. I'll take it a step further, and suggest we not even bother scanning RendeR.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #1644
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FYI I will probably become very innactive soon.

I'm leaving today for seattle and will have limited time to access the computer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #1645
The Jackal
Coordinator

If we're not going to scan RendeR then I'd probably go with EF.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #1646
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My guess is that mccollins is either unable to post in the thread for the night due to some game mechanic, or he's just afraid to say something, for fear of getting night-killed (I guess this would apply if his lolcat thing was one-time-only).
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #1647
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
My guess is that mccollins is either unable to post in the thread for the night due to some game mechanic, or he's just afraid to say something, for fear of getting night-killed (I guess this would apply if his lolcat thing was one-time-only).

Most likely the former -- if his reveal is big enough to be afraid of getting night-killed over, it's probably just worth telling us, just in case he gets night-killed anyway.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #1648
The Jackal
Coordinator

Maybe he was so shocked by what he saw last night that he's catatonic.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 AM   #1649
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe he was so shocked by what he saw last night that he's catatonic.

Good thing you didn't say dogatonic, otherwise we would have had to lynch him.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #1650
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Good thing you didn't say dogatonic, otherwise we would have had to lynch him.

It would be catastrophic to lynch the guy who can't be night killed.

I wish I hadn't made that pun ...