Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #1601
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Anyone heard any rumors about a Diablo release date, yet? Jonesin' for some dungeon crawly.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #1602
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
Anyone heard any rumors about a Diablo release date, yet? Jonesin' for some dungeon crawly.

I've heard no earlier than next summer and most likely later than that. Probably find out more in at blizzcon in a couple weeks. Last I heard was it's not close to being in beta though.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #1603
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
NBA Jam anyone?
When is it out on the 360?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #1604
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dunno, Playing the Wii version.

Def a two player game, but it's as fun as I remember.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #1605
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Durant buried a couple threes inside the last minute, and my Thunder went into OT. Durant then got cold, and missed 5 threes in a row.

And WTF is this "goal tending" bullshit. I need to figure out how to turn it off.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #1606
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Icebreaker anyone?

Backbreaker Studio Now Working On "Icebreaker"
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #1607
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I finished the main story portion of Metroid Other M yesterday. Wow. Easily the most I've ever gotten into a game. I think I just kept saying "wow, this game" over and over while playing it.

I am still quite literally baffled at any review less than 9 out of 10 for this game.

I give it an 11.

There is apparently more to do after the credits have rolled, but I haven't done any of it yet.

Damn it. This is the first Metroid game (non-handheld) that I haven't played. I've just moved so far away from console gaming that I have stopped bothering buying them. You can't be telling me these things.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #1608
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I picked up the Mass Effect 2 "Liar of The Shadow Broker" DLC.

It's about 2 hours long and well worth the money if you enjoyed the game. It's very well done. It plays on all the game's strengths, great dialogue, some cool pitch battles and fun cinematic sequences. There's a space car chase sequence that had the potential to be annoying, but it wasn't. It was pretty short, which is good, but also peppered with a ton of great back and forth between Sheppard and Liara that had me laughing. It was about 100 times better and more enjoyable than, say, the space car chase in "Attack of the Clones."

I always felt like the whole Sheppard/Liara relationship - if that's how you rolled in the first one - wasn't addressed satisfactorily in the sequel, and this DLC handles it perfectly. Very solid addition to those who have played through the game or are even in the middle of it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #1609
DataKing
Pro Rookie

One week until New Vegas! *bounce*
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #1610
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed from the Nov. 2nd release date.

You will never play it: Gran Turismo 5 delayed, again
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #1611
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post

+2 (covering my son's enthusiasm as about 1.25 of that and me the other 0.75 of it)
Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 PM   #1612
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed from the Nov. 2nd release date.

You will never play it: Gran Turismo 5 delayed, again

!@#$%^&*()!!!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #1613
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post

More importantly, One Week until Costume Quest!
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #1614
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gran Turismo 5 Years to come out?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #1615
mckerney
Coordinator

Excited for Valve's announcement today that they'll release Dota 2 next year, that will be a day one buy for me.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #1616
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Excited for Valve's announcement today that they'll release Dota 2 next year, that will be a day one buy for me.

I'm interested to see what they do. I love League of Legends, which is from the original DOTA all-stars team. The fact that LoL will be 2 years into it's cycle and is free is going to make it hard for me to pay $30+ for a MOBA.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #1617
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So out of the loop, never even heard of DOTA 1.

All my gaming time is still dedicated to Starcraft multi. Just finished up the 50 practice matches and am playing real games now. Which is a different beast altogether, but still loving it.

Once SC2 play dies down and Civ5 drops in price that's next on the list.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-13-2010 at 09:41 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #1618
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

I'm still eagerly awaiting Half-Life 2 Episode 3. Even though HL2 is almost 6 years old, it has aged incredibly well.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #1619
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Unlocked Ewing and Starks today. I'm guessing big head Ewing is gonna be scary as shit.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #1620
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm still eagerly awaiting Half-Life 2 Episode 3. Even though HL2 is almost 6 years old, it has aged incredibly well.

I'm really looking forward to Episode 3 too, but it's been three years since Episode 2 and there's been no word on it so I'm not holding my breath on it. And I definitely agree on Half-Life 2 holding up. I've played through Episodes 1 and 2 recently and I don't think a better single player first person shooter has come out since HL2 was released.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #1621
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I kind of assumed the episodes were a failed experiment(financially) and that the next HL release would be a full blown game, major engine improvements and all.

In any case. Valve kicks ass. Seem to have the magic touch when it comes to bringing on new dev teams to keep a variety of fresh games outside their crown jewel.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #1622
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I kind of assumed the episodes were a failed experiment(financially) and that the next HL release would be a full blown game, major engine improvements and all.

I think that with Valve owning Steam and is able to self publish on PC they'd be able to do pretty well financially on the episodes if they just wanted make another 10-15 hours worth of game play and then sell it for $20. I'd thought what happened was the same thing that happened with Half-Life, Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2; Valve was working on a project and didn't want to release it until it was absolutely perfect. From what I'd read early on when they were working on Episode 3 it seemed like they were going to take all the ideas they weren't able to work into the game earlier and put them into Episode 3 and I thought that that combined with the usual amount of time it takes them to polish a game and add new features until they think it's absolutely perfect just made it take forever. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if what was going to be Episode 3 becomes a full blown Half Life 3 because they just kept adding more and more as they were working to perfect it.

Not that I really mind that that's the way they do things, the wait may suck but everything they release is great. And looking at Team Fortress 2 the early media and screens from 1999 on that make it look like a rather bland game not very different from a lot of shooters that are out, completely unlike the finished product that was released in 2007.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #1623
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yah, I think my HL2 impressions were in this thread actually. I played through it a few months ago, and was very impressed. The first hour of the game in particular are amazing.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 AM   #1624
Atocep
Coordinator

Probably the best HL2 mod out there.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #1625
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Probably the best HL2 mod out there.

Heh! This reminds me of one of my favorite mods of all time. It was a "Doom 2" mod where a lot of the sound effects were replaces by sounds and quotes from "Army of Darkness." Those specific sound effects and sound bites are so very deeply ingrained into my head.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #1626
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone picking up EA's MMA next week?

or Fable 3 the week after?

Heard anything more about either of them lately? I liked the commercial that I saw for Fable 3, made me start to consider it (just have to justify spending the money somehow).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #1627
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

Half-Life 2 might be the best game ever released, in my humble opinion. Both Half-Life games were insanely amazing.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #1628
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Heard anything more about either of them lately? I liked the commercial that I saw for Fable 3, made me start to consider it (just have to justify spending the money somehow).

Personally I'm saving my money for Rock Band 3.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #1629
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Pretty psyched for EA MMA.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #1630
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Personally I'm saving my money for Rock Band 3.
Yes yes yes. I'm going to be suffering in November and December as this game will be an Xmas gift to me, and it's going to be tough knowing the game is out and I'm not yet able to play it.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #1631
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I want the keyboard for sure, but I'd love the string guitar, too. But that's $250 in total so I don't think we'll be doing that.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #1632
Groundhog
Coordinator

A few months ago I was going to buy myself an electric guitar to play around on anyhow. After hearing about Rock Band 3, I'm just going to grab that game and the electric guitar.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #1633
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Fable 2 Complete game for free through xbox live:
This used to be only the first chapter, but reports over at slickdeals are confirming it is now the FULL GAME. 7 gig download, but hey fable 2 for free, awesome game!

Xbox LIVE Marketplace | Fable II
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #1634
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Fable 2 Complete game for free through xbox live:
This used to be only the first chapter, but reports over at slickdeals are confirming it is now the FULL GAME. 7 gig download, but hey fable 2 for free, awesome game!

Xbox LIVE Marketplace | Fable II

Wow, Anyone that hasn't played thie game yet should take advantage of this. I still fire it up every once in a while to try to get another achievement or two (want to see if I can get the full 1000 at some point).
Old 10-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #1635
cartman
Death Herald

Still says $19.99 when I connect with the 360. If I follow the instructions on the slickdeals website, the link says "This game is not available for purchase from the Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web"

Last edited by cartman : 10-15-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #1636
Flasch186
Coordinator

Ill be buying nothing but my wife did just pick up some part time work... we have no idea what we're going to do with Aiden {shrug}

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #1637
RainMaker
General Manager

Does it matter if you never played Fable I?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #1638
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Does it matter if you never played Fable I?

Game is set hundreds of year after Fable 1. Same world, but completely different story/tech level/dynamic.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #1639
SackAttack
Head Coach

Snagged the Fable II download through the website earlier, and just turned on my 360 - it is downloading now, so hey.

I bought a few games earlier. Sonic 4: Episode 1 on PSN, but I also went out to the used games shop to pick up Sonic & Knuckles and the original NBA Jam on Genesis.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #1640
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Pretty psyched for EA MMA.

Have you tried the demo?

This is going to take me a while to learn. I am so used to the UFC controls that I keep instictively going for them.

Based on the demo it is a competely different game type. It's more of a strategic game than UFC and not as brutal.

One thing that happened that I liked (but hope that doesn't mean that this game is the opposite of UFC) is that I was getting my butt kicked in my last match but then pulled out an armbar submission in the 3rd round for the win. I hope that doesn't mean that the submission is to this game what the knockout is to UFC.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #1641
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you tried the demo?

This is going to take me a while to learn. I am so used to the UFC controls that I keep instictively going for them.

Based on the demo it is a competely different game type. It's more of a strategic game than UFC and not as brutal.

One thing that happened that I liked (but hope that doesn't mean that this game is the opposite of UFC) is that I was getting my butt kicked in my last match but then pulled out an armbar submission in the 3rd round for the win. I hope that doesn't mean that the submission is to this game what the knockout is to UFC.

Yep - I've played the demo a good deal. No doubt it is easier to go for submissions, and I too still have the UFC controls messing me up, but I think overall I'm going to enjoy this game much more.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #1642
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Still says $19.99 when I connect with the 360. If I follow the instructions on the slickdeals website, the link says "This game is not available for purchase from the Xbox Live Marketplace on the Web"

Same thing here. That sucks I was excited when I saw it was free.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #1643
TroyF
Coordinator

Figured I'd put this here. I'm getting into a serious time crunch with gaming now.

NCAA11, NBA2K11 from the graphical sports sim side.

DDPB2, FM2011, new FOF from the text sports side.

Fallout Vegas, The Witcher (based on people here), the new Call of Duty next month.

And I still haven't bought Civ5.

If there are any sleeper hits, I might be in a gaming coma in a month or two.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #1644
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Echoing Troy's sentiments, I will be balancing between:

NHL 11
Fallout
Fable 3
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Black Ops

Plus I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #1645
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am trying to find a way to create more hours in each day but have not yet been successful.

On the gaming side I am trying to balance:
NHL 11 (gets most of my 360 time)
EA MMA (picking up tonight)
Fallout 3 (keep trying to get back into that)
Backbreaker Football (throw in a random game every now and then)
MLB: The Show (want to get more time for this but ends p being eveyr now and then)
FOF 2007 (after the update I have started a whole new career)
WMMA 2 (the dynasty that I am running with that other sim got me back into this and trying a new career)
OOTP 11 (this one has been losing the time battle)
WoW (Was getting back into this a little but the last patch has caused it to run like a dog on my system with screwed up graphics and may have cured me of wanting to play)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #1646
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm in the same boat, especially since I've really started getting into NCAA Football 2011.

NCAA Football 2011 - Gotten into my Northwestern dynasty
FM 2011 - This is going to take up a lot of my time right away
Civilization V - Play on occasion
Fallout: New Vegas - This is going to take my next 2-3 weeks.
FIFA 2011 - Think I'm going to wait for a patch before I get into this
NBA 2K11 - When the association patch comes out soon, this will be played heavily
Bad Company 2 - Still love throwing this in every now and again.

Just finished Dead Rising 2 (which is horrible), and still have a slate of games I want to get to at some point. Mass Effect 1/2 as well as finishing up Bioshock 2 and Red Dead Redemption which I got about 2/3rds of the way before getting bored.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-18-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 AM   #1647
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Just finished Dead Rising 2 (which is horrible)

I'm at the point where the rescue arrives and things go to shit. My biggest complaint with the game is they don't give you any time at all to explore or just run around killing zombies. You're always up against the clock.

I've really enjoyed the boss fights. Most are actually challenging, which is rare in games today. Killing zombies with a lightsaber is quite enjoyable as well.

I just wish I could stop for a few moments and just kill some fucking zombies.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #1648
Atocep
Coordinator

For those looking forward to Diablo 3:

Five Things We Learned at BlizzCon 2010 - PC Feature at IGN

Quote:
Blizzard is hard at work on StarCraft II, Diablo III, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, a 'Next-Gen' MMO, and another untitled project we've heard next to nothing about. We got StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty earlier this year and Cataclysm is coming out on December 7th, but what about 2011? Blizzard doesn't like to put early release dates on anything so there's nothing set in stone, but at this point it's a safe bet that the company will be putting out no games next year. From the talk about Diablo III it sounds as though too much is still being worked on to realistically be ready in 12 months. Believing another WoW expansion will be ready in a year is a wild fantasy. Blizzard already said its in-development MMO won't even be given a title until 2012, and as we've said Heart of the Swarm is 2012 at least. Unless Diablo development rapidly accelerates, 2011 will be a year without Blizzard.

Not really all that surprising based on what I had read. Blizzard said a couple months ago that there were 2 acts they haven't even started on yet.

I don't think anyone that knows Blizzard was expecting Heart of the Swarm in 2011.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #1649
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Anyone played Fable III yet? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get it or Fallout New Vegas. I have Fable II and Fallout III and enjoyed both. More of a Fable fan, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Fallout.

Probably get one next week, the other for Christmas.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 AM   #1650
Groundhog
Coordinator

EA has shifted the NBA Live series over to Tiburon (NCAA/Madden).