Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #1601
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lathum, a seer scan on Night #2 by RendeR is one thing - maybe RendeR needs to clarify that he can see both types of bad guy, but if that is the case it is a pretty solid vouch.

Also, you had indicated you had witnessed an action by Alan on Night #1. However, I don't think you had gone full disclosure on that up to this point. Now might be a good time to do that ...

Render told me can see both Company and Sylar, FWIW.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #1602
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just got back home.. its a sad statement when I think about WW games while in the car for an hour drive...

Anyways just thinking through various things.. one of the questions Hoops has is whether or not there is another company member beyond Lathum (if he is company). I think the answer is yes.. I had been trying to work under the assumption of conversion that night to answer no kill... but I think it was a failed kill attempt, and the one Path spoke about. I think that was the company kill.

I think even though several of us gave the opportunity for that to be framed or staged as a possible good guy kill attempt, DaddyTorgo was afraid to mention as much.. I'm leaning towards thinking that DaddyTorgo is the last company member after lathum and the fact Path can survive a kill attempt is why there was no kill that night.

What threw me off was the death of oliegirl previously and her being West with flying power making me think Sylar killed oliegirl then learned flying power and then attempting to kill Path... Last night with both of them killing makes me think that no longer was the case. I think there was some condition met that Sylar could start to kill.. whether it was a certain day of the game, a certain person dying, or some other mechanism that allowed him to start.

So Render, not sure if you are taking suggestions for whom to scan.. (I learned from Hoopsguy that giving suggestions isn't always a great idea though).. but the group I would choose from would be whomever isn't lynched of: Lathum, Greyroofoo (possibly being Sylar), DaddyTorgo or Claphasma.

I would probably put them in that order for my suspicion levels, with Claphasma being a possibility if DT isn't company.. I'm having to think that we're running out of possible company people at some point though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #1603
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can give suggestions to Render privately that can't be read. I will try to come up with good candidates. Although Render has done pretty good on his own so far, IMO (when he puts a scan in).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #1604
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I can give suggestions to Render privately that can't be read. I will try to come up with good candidates. Although Render has done pretty good on his own so far, IMO (when he puts a scan in).

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the people whom he chose to scan when he scanned them. Right now I feel we're in a really good position in this game, so I'm expecting a curve ball at any moment.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #1605
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
OK, so who was Alan tailing on Night 1? Is there harm in revealing this information at this point?

hoops, he was tailing NTNDeacon, he mentioned that earlier in the thread
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #1606
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Thomkal, you've had your ability blocked each of the last two days? Getting spam ads each time?

If that is the case, then we have an unclaimed ability that has been used three times that I know of:

Day 1: ???
Day 2: Alan
Day 3: Thomkal
Day 4: Thomkal

Yep Hoops, blocked both times. But I do have a percentage chance the spy power will fail. I really don't think I'd be getting a spam ad when I fail a die roll, but I suppose in this crazy game its a possibility.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #1607
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Other then the fact that Render ca communicat with CR what clears him from being sylar?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:40 PM   #1608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- and I personaly think Render should scan Alan, he is excersising a bit to much control this game.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #1609
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just got back home.. its a sad statement when I think about WW games while in the car for an hour drive...

Anyways just thinking through various things.. one of the questions Hoops has is whether or not there is another company member beyond Lathum (if he is company). I think the answer is yes.. I had been trying to work under the assumption of conversion that night to answer no kill... but I think it was a failed kill attempt, and the one Path spoke about. I think that was the company kill.

I think even though several of us gave the opportunity for that to be framed or staged as a possible good guy kill attempt, DaddyTorgo was afraid to mention as much.. I'm leaning towards thinking that DaddyTorgo is the last company member after lathum and the fact Path can survive a kill attempt is why there was no kill that night.

What threw me off was the death of oliegirl previously and her being West with flying power making me think Sylar killed oliegirl then learned flying power and then attempting to kill Path... Last night with both of them killing makes me think that no longer was the case. I think there was some condition met that Sylar could start to kill.. whether it was a certain day of the game, a certain person dying, or some other mechanism that allowed him to start.

So Render, not sure if you are taking suggestions for whom to scan.. (I learned from Hoopsguy that giving suggestions isn't always a great idea though).. but the group I would choose from would be whomever isn't lynched of: Lathum, Greyroofoo (possibly being Sylar), DaddyTorgo or Claphasma.

I would probably put them in that order for my suspicion levels, with Claphasma being a possibility if DT isn't company.. I'm having to think that we're running out of possible company people at some point though.

why do you think i'm company? i'm confused? because I didn't do what?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #1610
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- and I personaly think Render should scan Alan, he is excersising a bit to much control this game.

Please read the thread =)

I already scanned Alan, Alan is a hero.

My scans tell me wether you are a hero, a company man, or sylar. I have not found any company men or sylar at this time. I will put in a scan for monday when I vote tomorrow.

You and Grey are probably highest on my list at this point as others seem to have some sort of corroboration to give them credibility.

I'm also very concerned that everyone is accepting schmity as a hero when the very description of his abilities screams sylar to me. Then again I don't know the show and maybe there is a hero like that.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #1611
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

render, did you scan alan befor or after night 3 when there was no kill
Old 03-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #1612
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
render, did you scan alan befor or after night 3 when there was no kill

Alan was my night 2 scan, so if you're thinking of a possible conversion then there might be some issue for re-scanning him, though i still feel there are others more deserving of a first scan than that.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #1613
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Alan was my night 2 scan, so if you're thinking of a possible conversion then there might be some issue for re-scanning him, though i still feel there are others more deserving of a first scan than that.

If you want to re-scan me again to make sure, then I have no problem with it.. as I feel pretty good about who I think the last company members, and I plan on being just as vocal and active in pushing for those as I did pushing for Ardent, Cronin and NFG. So if you want to play it safe and be sure, then thats fine with me.

I think my reasons to lynch Lathum today are sound though regardless of what type of things he tries to throw my way because of it.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #1614
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Alan- Go ahead and vote me if you want, I don't have any more of a defense then I put up already. Nor do I have the energy

I think GRF or Mr.Wed are better options
Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #1615
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Well I think Lathum is a better option than I
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #1616
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Well I think Lathum is a better option than I

note this statement was made right after a post in the drunk guy thread
Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #1617
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE LATHUM
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #1618
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
note this statement was made right after a post in the drunk guy thread

just means i'm posting with clarity
Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #1619
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Haven't read through the thread yet. Pretty great weekend to rest up.

Several thoughts regarding the peculiar happenings on Night 3.

Now that we've seen an actual Sylar kill, do we have a general idea of what happened on night 3? I think that oliegirl wasn't a Sylar kill, considering jeheinz' description of Sylar's kill on Narcizo was definite.

I will say that Narcizo did not tell me through our PMs that he successfuly blocked anyone.

My belief is that only three likely scenarios happened:

Scenario 1: The Company attacked Sylar and now know who he is, and aren't talking (in the hopes of Sylar increasing the kill count at night)

Scenario 2: A conversion occured in favor of the Company on Night 3. I think this is most likely. If there are 4 or 5 company members at the start of the game, and 3 are dead, I would think that there are 2 or 3 remaining Company members.

Scenario 3: Schmidty was able to block a Company kill on Night 3. Schmidty, did you already have kill-blocking powers by Night 3, and were you able to block anyone?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #1620
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just in case I'm busy in the morning at work. Want to get a vote in

Vote Lathum
Old 03-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #1621
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
VOTE LATHUM

Care to provide any reason for this vote? Just basing it on my hunch, even though my hunch said that I thought you were the other company member left with Lathum? Or just expecting that enough people would go with my hunch for another day and Lathum is a goner, so getting a vote in to look "good" once he turns up a wolf?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #1622
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Care to provide any reason for this vote? Just basing it on my hunch, even though my hunch said that I thought you were the other company member left with Lathum? Or just expecting that enough people would go with my hunch for another day and Lathum is a goner, so getting a vote in to look "good" once he turns up a wolf?

the former
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #1623
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to put my vote on Lathum as well, although I think this may turn into a runaway. I'm pretty surprised at Lathum's seeming disinterest in going to the matresses, and not sure how to read it.

VOTE LATHUM
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #1624
RendeR
Coordinator

I going to get my vote in now in case I get "tied up" tomorrow and can't get on before 1pm.

I've got 3 people that worry me, lathum has a couple votes already, I'm gonna go with Greyroofoo for now, but I might change my mind later.

VOTE GRF
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #1625
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote GRF

his late reveal has me concerned
Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #1626
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

vote lathum

looks like i'll be needing votes on lathum to save my own skin. I probably won't be around tomorrow until after deadline
Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #1627
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to do some reviewing about over what's happened the last few days. So we'll see if I change my vote, but for now, so it's not a runaway on Lathum I'll vote:

vote grf
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #1628
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sheesh, 3 votes in one minute.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #1629
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mauboy, explain why it should be a runaway on me

because of some crazy theory Alan came up with?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #1630
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm conflicted.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #1631
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm conflicted.

I'm here if you want to discuss anything
Old 03-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #1632
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here is my question on Grey:

Why would NFG (known Company) try to push the heat over to Grey (suspected Company) on Day 3 after they had lost Ardent already?

It's the same question that I've got with Lathum - I don't see the Company racing to push each other under the bus on Days 3 and 4 when they are quickly moving to a disadvantage situation. It is why my vote on Lathum isn't dead-set at this point, but I'm just about positive it isn't going to Grey today.

If I'm picking the person that I think is playing most against their type so far this game it is Mauboy - very conservative/quiet game from a guy that I haven't seen play that way in the past as a villager. But I'm not pushing this hard quite yet ... just noting that I want him in the mix of people to view over the next day or two.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #1633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

because grey was suspected to be sylar
Old 03-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #1634
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Why would NFG (known Company) try to push the heat over to Grey (suspected Company) on Day 3 after they had lost Ardent already?

Yeah, I don't suspect him of being company. I'm actually almost 100% sure he isn't, because I highly doubt NFG knew someone would be able to read his last PM, or even time that. There's a chance heinz gave the wolves a chance to feed a fake PM, but I doubt it.

Not sure what to ask, Lathum, but I should be around before the deadline.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #1635
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Vote GRF
Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #1636
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The choice between Lathum and GRF is pretty difficult for me, but I'm going to have to side with the guy who fed us a wolf, which is why I'm voting with Lathum on this one.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #1637
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's the same question that I've got with Lathum - I don't see the Company racing to push each other under the bus on Days 3 and 4 when they are quickly moving to a disadvantage situation. It is why my vote on Lathum isn't dead-set at this point, but I'm just about positive it isn't going to Grey today.

If I'm picking the person that I think is playing most against their type so far this game it is Mauboy - very conservative/quiet game from a guy that I haven't seen play that way in the past as a villager. But I'm not pushing this hard quite yet ... just noting that I want him in the mix of people to view over the next day or two.

It is eery how similarly we think sometimes. I have to come up with a vote, since I will be going to bed and incommunicado for most of the next day, as usual. I agree with your logic that would argue against either GRF or Lathum being a Company member, and I don't know that I agree there were five original Company members. It's a risky play to build trust this way.

And I have also been very curious about mauboy1, whom has been quieter than I have come to expect. If I felt more strongly about a player with evidential backing, I would go that way, but I don't have anyone like that in mind.

So I am down to hunches and reads on behavior, and in that sense, mauboy1 strikes me as suspicious purely on his approach to the game this time around.

VOTE MAUBOY1

Old 03-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #1638
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Easily explained. When I've been a villager in the past and babbled on about nonsense I got the boot quickly. The last game I was a villager and was semi-quiet; which is what I'm doing this game and it has worked. I'm a villager plain and simple.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:57 AM   #1639
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quick question: Daylight Savings Time is back on, correct?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #1640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, kicked in yesterday.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #1641
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chief Rum has been very good as of late as a villager. Mau's play has seemed different. Perhaps for the reason he stated, perhaps not. But there are so few hard facts that this is enough.

Vote mauboy1
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #1642
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The choice between Lathum and GRF is pretty difficult for me, but I'm going to have to side with the guy who fed us a wolf, which is why I'm voting with Lathum on this one.

Neon's posts bother me a bit. He tied it up 4-4 between lathum and GRF and this was his reasoning.. instead of siding with the guy who's been 3 for 3 on wolves so far this game.

Seems a little off to me.

Anyways right now I have the vote total as:

Lathum - 4
GRF - 4
Mauboy - 2
Old 03-10-2008, 06:34 AM   #1643
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quick list of hard facts:

RendeR, an uncountered seer, has scanned Hoops, Alan, and Thomkal (Days 1-3)

Alan scanned Barkeep Night 4 and seems to trust him based on the results.

Feel free to jump in with others ... I'll check back in when I get to the office.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:37 AM   #1644
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quick list of hard facts:

RendeR, an uncountered seer, has scanned Hoops, Alan, and Thomkal (Days 1-3)

Alan scanned Barkeep Night 4 and seems to trust him based on the results.

Feel free to jump in with others ... I'll check back in when I get to the office.

re: Barkeep.. I don't have the ability to "scan" someone and say if they are good or not. I do however without a doubt believe Barkeep is not Sylar and was truthful about his role (at least to what I could see). He could verywell be company, I have no way of knowing that.. but I do feel he is not Sylar.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:44 AM   #1645
Thomkal
Head Coach

Like Jackal, I'm conflicted on who to vote for too. Grey has that connection with nfg, plus his hesitancy to reveal, make him seem suspect. Lathum gave us a Company member, but the red-hot Alan suspects him. Plus he has a power that could explain the blocks of my and Alan's power. And he's a member of my family, and with my wife already revealed as a hero, and myself being cleared by a seer, it makes me wonder if Jeheinz would really make all three of us heroes.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #1646
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Neon's posts bother me a bit. He tied it up 4-4 between lathum and GRF and this was his reasoning.. instead of siding with the guy who's been 3 for 3 on wolves so far this game.

Seems a little off to me.

Anyways right now I have the vote total as:

Lathum - 4
GRF - 4
Mauboy - 2

Ok, I went back through most of the posts, and did find a glaring glitch on Lathum's apparent ability.

For those of us with PM abilities, I believe that jeheinz has been able to give us free reign on our PM abilities, and hasn't requested (well, me and The Jackal, in my case) that we CC him during our PMs. The only time he interferes is at the start, the initial mental link to confirm that it is valid.

How would jeheinz be able to give Lathum the messages between nfg and another company member if, by following the above standard, jeheinz doesn't really keep track of them?

Either jeheinz keeps track of the Company PMs, or Lathum had inside information regarding the PMs of the Company.

Unvote GRF
Vote Lathum
Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #1647
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Don't get me wrong.. I don't think GRF is a bad choice for a vote as I said previously.. I'm just trying to read in to people's reasons for voting people. Neon's reason for voting GRF was kind of just off.. similar to how I was confused about DaddyTorgo's reason for voting Lathum.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #1648
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, I went back through most of the posts, and did find a glaring glitch on Lathum's apparent ability.

For those of us with PM abilities, I believe that jeheinz has been able to give us free reign on our PM abilities, and hasn't requested (well, me and The Jackal, in my case) that we CC him during our PMs. The only time he interferes is at the start, the initial mental link to confirm that it is valid.

How would jeheinz be able to give Lathum the messages between nfg and another company member if, by following the above standard, jeheinz doesn't really keep track of them?

Either jeheinz keeps track of the Company PMs, or Lathum had inside information regarding the PMs of the Company.

Unvote GRF
Vote Lathum

Yeah, Narcizo brought that up previously. There are plenty of holes in Lathum's story right now.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #1649
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Don't get me wrong.. I don't think GRF is a bad choice for a vote as I said previously.. I'm just trying to read in to people's reasons for voting people. Neon's reason for voting GRF was kind of just off.. similar to how I was confused about DaddyTorgo's reason for voting Lathum.

I went with The Jackal's vote, basically. We had talked about how GRF's ability is conveniently fit to him being as Sylar. The Company can't night kill him, and he's given a basic threat that he can kill anyone who votes for him. Essentially giving him the power to be unlynchable via fear / unkillable by the Company.

But then, I did look back on Lathum's post, and I didn't really find much basis in the arguments against him.

I did find a big reason to vote for him after culling through the thread and jogging my brain for some common sense.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #1650
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I went with The Jackal's vote, basically. We had talked about how GRF's ability is conveniently fit to him being as Sylar. The Company can't night kill him, and he's given a basic threat that he can kill anyone who votes for him. Essentially giving him the power to be unlynchable via fear / unkillable by the Company.

But then, I did look back on Lathum's post, and I didn't really find much basis in the arguments against him.

I did find a big reason to vote for him after culling through the thread and jogging my brain for some common sense.

Yeah, the big reason I'm not pushing too much right now on the vote is that I don't really have a huge problem with GRF being voted off either.. If I had to guess, I think people might be right about him being Sylar.

The main reason I want to see Lathum lynched first is because I have no idea what the company is capable of in means of game changing plays (Conversions/etc) and a lynch of Lathum could possibly help provide us more information about where to look next.

I'm assuming enough people are suspicious of GRF now that some of them should be able to report back more on him tommorrow to help cement any thoughts on him.