Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2007, 06:21 AM   #1651
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
We understood you the first time. Stop cluttering up the boards....

Mustang, do you think Narcizo's a Tarq? He won't believe my innocence.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #1652
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hey. It's hoops. Jump in whenever you like.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #1653
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
As for my suspicon, I have stated before (I think) that I did not bid for a service Day 1. I know that in itself is suspicious, but to be honest I hadn't really understood that part of the rules then and didn't bother with it. I did bid for a service (and lost) on Day 2, bid and won on day 3, bid and lost for tomorrow.

What Day 3 service? The only one I have matched up there so far is Anxiety on Pimpus.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #1654
hoopsguy
General Manager

Great, now that I'm caught up on the night developments I'm the only one in the thread.

I like Rum's thoughts on who got the killer on Day 1. As an add-on, I would suggest that once they bought the killer that day it would have been a priority for them on Day 3 when they once again successfully won the bid. So a look at the top of the wealth chain from that day makes sense as well.

Day 3 Wealthiest
Bulletus Spongeus (Dead, confirmed good)
Dodgus Erchickus
Imus Thecrewus (Dead, confirmed good)

The following Senators are known to be extremely wealthy (no change):
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus
Ironsus Headus
Lonestarus Girlus (in jail already)
Marcus Vaughnus (inactive)
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus (Dead, confirmed good)

I'm not convinced we drop down to the third level as Rum did on Day 1. I really think this would have been a priority service for the Tarqs so this is where I'm going to focus my conversation unless some other detail (attorney scans) emerges.

Dodgerchick
Day 1: attorney
Day 2: sex slaves
Day 3: ???

Warlord
Day 2: jailed, no services

Ironhead
Day 1: priest
Day 2: killer

I know that I advocated earlier that I would rather make a mistake with a poor Roman than a wealthy Roman. But that was also when we were operating with less information. At this point in the game we have content to digest; we beleive we understand how many of the rules operate.

I'm certainly willing to listen to feedback from others, but right now my plan would be to arrest one of these people. With that in mind, I'll try to advertise my final selection early enough so someone with an attorney can use their "scan" on one of the people who will be spending the day in jail. That should allow us to make an informed release/kill decision - something we have not yet been able to do this game.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:10 AM   #1655
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, here is the game opening wealth list. I have included notes on who is dead and who hired Day One services:

The wealthiest men in Rome are:

Bulletus Spongeus-- DEAD (vouched to be good by AE & Schmidty)-- Won service of legionnaire
Dodgus Erchickus-- won service of Ardent
Imus Thecrewus-- DEAD (vouched to be good by AE)--claimed to not bid on any services

The following Senators are known to be extremely wealthy:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- won service of Swaggs
Ironsus Headus-- won service of priests
Lonestarus Girlus-- not too active
Marcus Vaughnus (replaced by Passacaglia)-- not too active
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus-- DEAD (definitely good)

The following Senators are known to be moderately wealthy:

Abeus Anxietus-- won service of horse owner
Antus Meisterus
Autumnus Leavus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Pathus Twelveus
Peregrinus Barbarus
Snus Dvlus-- DEAD (definitely good)
Westvus Fanus (replaced by Mustang)

The following (remaining) Senators are of ordinary wealth for the Senatorial class:

Alanus Teeus-- DEAD (definitely good)-- won service of horse owner
Ardentus Enthusiastus-- Won service if legionnaire
Chiefus Rumus
Daddyus Torgous
Grammus Atticus
Hoopus Guyus
Kayus Whitus
Narcizus Lispus
Neonus Chaosus
Saldanus Lathumus-- DEAD (unknown)
Swaggus Swaggus-- DEAD (definitely good)
Tyrus Ithus

From hoops, services gired below:

Services won for Day One

Day 1:
Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire (Ardent)
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire (Bullet)
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood (Ironhead)
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses (Alan)
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses (Anxiety)
Swaggus Swaggus (Coffee)
Ardentus Enthusiastus (Dodgerchick)

Some of this guesswork, but I don't think there is anything above we are assuming too much here. We know where most of the services went. We know wealth is how service hiring is determined. We're fairly certain the ex-warlord is the sword killer, seemingly confirmed now by Coffee Warlord, if we had a doubt. The only dead person we have a real doubt on for allegiance is saldana, and he was too low on the wealth totem pole at the beginning to be likely to win a service anyway.

Someone hired the warlord on Day One, someone who used that warlord to murder Swaggs. A Tarq. It had to be someone with enough wealth to outbid others. It would help us tons if we knew of anyone we can confirm as good as having bid on the warlord and failed on Day One. We can then eliminate everyone below that person as being the Day One sword killer patron (although certainly not as a Tarq).

The top tier is pretty clear. DC said she hired AE. No one has denied this. She hasn't said anything to my knowledge that hasn't checked out.

Bullet and ITC are both almost certainly good, and the only way they aren't is if ardent is bad. I think that's a stretch right now (that ardent is bad), because he would have had to be playing a brilliant game so far to get this far without more suspicion. Plus, Schmidty is guaranteed good (killed by Tarqs), and he confirmed bullet's goodness. Finally, ITC himself stated he didn't bid on any services on Day One (or Day Two or Day Three, way to go). So the sword killer patron is not in the top tier.

In the next tier, Coffee Warlod's hirng of Swaggs was confirmed by st. cronin. Schmidty, as mentioned, is confirmed good. Ironhead has a lot of evidence in his favor for being good, and everything he has said that could be has checked out. That leaves Marc Vaughan and LSG from this tier. LSG posted on Day One and not since. She may have put in an order for the killer and used it and then gone away (for whatever reason), but regardless, she is already under arrest. I think we should throw her off the rock anyway; this possibility she is the sword killer patron is only a further excuse to do it. MV hasn't posted at all, or maybe once, and now he has been replaced by Pass. Pass also stood in for him on Day One. It's possible Pass sent in a bid and kill order for MV. But if MV was a wolf, I believe, he would have been repalced sooner than four days in. My point is, I think LSG and MV are longshots to be the sword kilelr patron (but possible).

That puts us into the next group, and the group I think we need to make our primary focus as being where our sword killer patron is hiding. Anxiety claimed to hire horses and no one denied it. Did he send a message and someone confirmed? I forget. But I believe he hired the horse owner. SnDvls is confirmed good by death at the hands of the Tarqs. And WVU Fan was a consul and didn't do a thing and was replaced. I think it's unlikely he was the sword killer patron from Day One.

That leaves this group: Anthmeister, Autumn, Barkeep, Path12 and Peregrine.

Some of these guys have already been bandied about abit. Barkeep's unfortunate circumstance tonight certainly muddies his waters as well. We have a Tarq in this group, guys, at least one. I almost guarantee it. I think Alan T was extremely fortunate to nab a service in the tier lower than that. He got lucky with that. I doubt greatly the warlord fell past this group.

I have given five (plus Passacaglia if you think he could have put in a kill order for MV on Monday). I would welcome discussion of all five as potential Tarqs. Two of them should be the targets of our arrests. Two others should be the targets of our scans.

Haven't read anything after this, but -- did anyone even die after Day 1? In other words, I didn't put in a kill order.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #1656
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I realize I'm giving Passacaglia a walk on the Day 3 analysis. If people think that Marc Vaughn was not posting but sent in an order then please voice that opinion as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #1657
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
What Day 3 service? The only one I have matched up there so far is Anxiety on Pimpus.

I hired Animus Sentus on Day 3.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #1658
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dodgerchick, why did you choose to scan Autumn with your attorney yesterday? Was he someone high on your distrust list?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #1659
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Haven't read anything after this, but -- did anyone even die after Day 1? In other words, I didn't put in a kill order.

Just had a thought on my way to work -- even if no one died after Day 1, I think someone was poisoned after Day 2, so we can't discount the fact that a kill order was made on Day 1. I didn't order one, though.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #1660
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, I realize I'm giving Passacaglia a walk on the Day 3 analysis. If people think that Marc Vaughn was not posting but sent in an order then please voice that opinion as well.

Thanks..I think. I think the most likely scenario is that MV wasn't doing anything -- otherwise why replace him? If that's too much of a meta-game thing, then I take it back.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #1661
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can't recall, did we get consul vote results yesterday?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:13 AM   #1662
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also, as I said before, I was told that "I" didn't purchase any services while I was Marc Vaughan, so "I" wasn't doing anything on that front. As for kills, I wasn't told that I made any -- probably since it's assumed that loyal Senators don't kill people!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #1663
KWhit
Coordinator

Nice late night analysis, Chief Rum. I tend to agree with you that there is a Tarq from this group: Antmeister, Autumn, Barkeep, Path12 and Peregrine.

I have a pretty good vibe about Autumn. He's had some good insights and seems to be a good guy. I think he's on the up-and-up. I'm not confident enough in that to claim him to be trusted or anything like that, but I feel that it is unlikely for him to be a Tarq.

I have neutral feelings about Path, BK, and Peregrine. Could be good - could be bad.

But Antmeister? I get bad vibes from him. Primarily because of how hard he came after me after the arrest snafu the other night. It seemed that he started to casually try to cast suspicion my way, and when no one took the bait, he became more and more accusatory. I know it's human nature to get defensive when someone comes after you, and maybe that's part of what I'm feeling, but I just feel like he was trying to make me look bad for a reason - I'm very active, was a Consul at the time, have a lot of wealth, and seem to be able to get more wealth pretty much at will. He seemed to want to take advantage of the arrest issue to try to take me down and that gives me a bad feeling about him.

So for right now, I would arrest Antmeister.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #1664
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Personally, I would arrest path12, and after kwhit's thought process of antmeister, I might arrest antmeister as well.

I sent the horses to someone suggesting I would select barkeep, but I'd relent given his response that he doesn't fake real life obstacles.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #1665
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardent Enthusiast sues Anxiety for being rich.
Ardent Enthusiast sues Dodger Chick for not paying me.
Ardent Enthusiast sues Kwhit because the third time's the charm (though I don't recall suing him two times before, just once).
Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #1666
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
For the record, I sent my day 2 horse message to BK, who was apparently prevented from sending a reply because of his RL problem. GRR.
For the record I received no day message from Tyrith or from cronin for Tyrith.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #1667
KWhit
Coordinator

Interesting...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #1668
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, there was a mistake in communication, not on my part. I tried to correct it immediately, but was unable to. So I have no freaking idea what happened.

This is correct. I made a data entry error, and Pass's bid was entered in the wrong place. I didn't discover this until after pms had gone out, and at that time decided to leave it as is. Whenever I have to make a decision like this, I consider whether it is fair to all parties, and in this case I think it was.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #1669
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
For the record I received no day message from Tyrith or from cronin for Tyrith.
This does stir the pot.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #1670
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Keep in mind, ardent said bullet was good without knowing Schmidty would get a confirming email. He might have played it cautiously, but I consider that a point in his favor. Ardent could have played immense havoc with things as a Tarq by saying bullet was a Tarq.

Anyway, food for thought. There are a lot of people, including ardent, I would like to see scanned.

To explain why I've got a bad feeling about Ardent - I keep coming back to the kill on Swaggs on day two before the real importance of lawyers was (widely?) known. At the time my thoughts were that the pimps or the priest would be providing seer-like services, certainly not the lawyers. It now turns out that lawyers are very important/crucial in the game (a seer-role who can also read allegiance when someone dies). If Ardent were bad might he not presume that the top lawyer in Rome is always going to supercede him and, potentially, expose him. Or that Ardent potentially was given more information about his role then Swaggs got. There's also his, well, post-boosting, for want of a better word. He's posted an awful lot but has he actually said anything of note? With regards to bullet I don't see it as a huge mark in his favour. He might also be aware that lawyers get info about the killed person and suspect that the replacement lawyer would also get the info. I think it would be pretty risky for him to say that bullet was a bad guy.

So basically that's why I'm not very trusting of Ardent at the moment. On the other hand I think we can remove the question of his continued survival having any meaning beyond this point. It's likely that the bad guys will let him live from now on to increase suspicion of him. So me pointing that out might cost him his life. Sorry if that's the case.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #1671
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Personally, I would arrest path12, and after kwhit's thought process of antmeister, I might arrest antmeister as well.

I sent the horses to someone suggesting I would select barkeep, but I'd relent given his response that he doesn't fake real life obstacles.

Why would you arrest path?

And I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're saying about the horses. Probably just me being stupid though.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #1672
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Not really, Narc. I actually just assumed when bullet died that he had somehow hired me...that I was looking after his will or something. I did not, in fact, expect to have someone come in and authenticate my announcement.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #1673
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This is correct. I made a data entry error, and Pass's bid was entered in the wrong place. I didn't discover this until after pms had gone out, and at that time decided to leave it as is. Whenever I have to make a decision like this, I consider whether it is fair to all parties, and in this case I think it was.

Thanks for getting my back.

Anyway, my vote for who to arrest would be Neon Chaos. I don't see why we shouldn't scan both lawyers, to make sure they're on the up-and up, especially the one that doesn't want to be scanned.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #1674
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Narc, as for why path: Here's better than just a 38 post guy. At least, my memory tells me he is. I can't recall reading anything he's posted, honestly. I could see path setting up the game as it has gone so far...I could see a number of players doing so, honestly. But Path has been quiet and I'd like to hear more from him.

The horse guy is who I bid on, and won, yesterday...meaning I can communicate with one person today. It's not entirely useful, but I'm sure the person reading the message understands it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #1675
KWhit
Coordinator

I am also suspicious of Ardent and Neon and would have no problems if one of them were arrested as well.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #1676
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Warlord
Day 2: jailed, no services

Day 3 was Furius, I bid on Schmidty last night, and we all know how that went.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #1677
st.cronin
General Manager

Note for the Consuls: You may not issue arrest warrants for a Consul or Tribune. The Consuls are Hoopus Guyus and Narcizus Lispus. The Tribune is Antus Meisterus.

knives out
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #1678
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Can lawyers do their job while in jail?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #1679
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Can lawyers do their job while in jail?

There is one way to find out.

knives out
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #1680
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I am also suspicious of Ardent and Neon and would have no problems if one of them were arrested as well.
By all means, have me arrested. I'm not scared. I'm one of the good guys.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #1681
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
There is one way to find out.
Can I defend myself?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #1682
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Can I volunteer for jail?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM   #1683
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Note for the Consuls: You may not issue arrest warrants for a Consul or Tribune. The Consuls are Hoopus Guyus and Narcizus Lispus. The Tribune is Antus Meisterus.
Well, there goes that.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #1684
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I know hoops is a consul, who got the other spot?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #1685
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Dude, look at the post you just quoted.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #1686
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Doh. Wasn't thinking about the consuls when I quoted, actually breezed right by it. I went to the name antmeister...and realized that we couldn't jail him.

Narc, by all means, jail me. Let's roll those dice.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #1687
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Old 04-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #1688
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Seriously, let's have at it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #1689
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can I defend myself?

Same question here. I'm loyal to the Senate, but when it comes to blows, I'm looking to stay alive.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #1690
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't want to jail you Ardent. I want the lawyers out there doing some good. If I was going to jail a lawyer it would be Neon who isn't going to provide anything today anyway.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #1691
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm really struggling with why Tyrith would lie about sending me a message. Really struggling.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #1692
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Actually, Neon, I meant in court. Can I defend myself in court. Not sure if that's how it came across.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #1693
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm really struggling with why Tyrith would lie about sending me a message. Really struggling.
Miscommunication?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #1694
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Seriously, let's have at it.

Watch out, Narc. When AE gets his masochism going, he'll hound you for your entire term as Consul, until you throw him in jail.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #1695
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I don't want to jail you Ardent. I want the lawyers out there doing some good. If I was going to jail a lawyer it would be Neon who isn't going to provide anything today anyway.
So be it. I won't be opposed to going, if that's what needs to happen.

I'm not sure how me going to jail proves that I'm guilty or innocent, but if it's what the masses want, it's what the masses get.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #1696
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Miscommunication?

It's possible. It wouldn't be the only time it happened that night.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #1697
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dodgerchick, why did you choose to scan Autumn with your attorney yesterday? Was he someone high on your distrust list?

Where did I miss this information?

What was the result of the scan (post # possibly)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #1698
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ardentus Enthusiastus has decided to sue everyone...in hopes that me being the lawyer that I am that perhaps I can get more information from the suing of people.

Coffeeus Yakus Warlordus
Ironus Headus
Passus Caglius
Pathus Twelvus
Peregrineus Barbarus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Autumnus Leavus
Antus Meisterus
Chiefus Rumus
Narcizus Lispus
Lonestarus Girlus
Daddyus Torgous
Grammus Atticus
Hoopus Guyus
Mustangus Sallus
Neonus Chaosus
Tyrus Ithus
Old 04-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #1699
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
One last note: I do not have the list of suits that will be heard on day V ready yet. I will put that up in the morning. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Did you ever post this?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #1700
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Note: of the suits I've filed so far, I haven't had any information. Just trying this out for size.