Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #1651
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
EA has shifted the NBA Live series over to Tiburon (NCAA/Madden).

Yeah, was going to comment on this earlier. Apparently EA Canada got hit with major layoffs.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #1652
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm at the point where the rescue arrives and things go to shit. My biggest complaint with the game is they don't give you any time at all to explore or just run around killing zombies. You're always up against the clock.

I've really enjoyed the boss fights. Most are actually challenging, which is rare in games today. Killing zombies with a lightsaber is quite enjoyable as well.

I just wish I could stop for a few moments and just kill some fucking zombies.
Yeah. You could ignore saving survivors and just do the main missions, but that sort of defeats some of the fun with the game. It'd be great if they gave you more time to dick around, make weapons, and have fun with the environment. Maybe even a mode where you can turn off the missions and just play a free-for-all, or just don't have a clock at all.

I thought the loading times were ridiculous for a game made at this stage of the console cycle. There are load screens after load screens. I don't understand how Red Dead Redemption and other games can have these massive maps without loads and you can't enter/exit a room in DR2 without a 45 second load screen. Not to mention there are way too many cutscenes that run way too long.

It's a really fun concept for a game that is horribly done.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #1653
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
EA has shifted the NBA Live series over to Tiburon (NCAA/Madden).
That's not exactly good either.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #1654
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Anybody plan on getting Kinect tomorrow? I plan on picking it up and taking advantage of Target's buy two get one free. Just not sure what launch games to get yet...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #1655
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Almost all of my gaming time has been spent on pogo.com, although I do occasionally get one or two songs done in Rock Band 3.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #1656
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Anybody plan on getting Kinect tomorrow? I plan on picking it up and taking advantage of Target's buy two get one free. Just not sure what launch games to get yet...

Nope.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #1657
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Nope, but the Kinect launch is screwing up my ability to buy a regular ol' 250 GB console.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #1658
whomario
Pro Starter

Has anyone here played Enslaved - Odyssey to the West yet ? I started yesterday and so far it has been tons of fun. Not a too complicated game really (but has a nice atmosphere/storyline), but rather very fast paced and straight-forward.
Kind of has that old jump and run feel to it
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #1659
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone with kids know of a good 'Matching Game' game for kids, drop me a note. My daughter is addicted to them. All the ones I've found that are free flash type games usually only have 4x4 grids which gets boring for her.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #1660
Comey
College Starter

Nobody got Goldeneye? Reviews have it as a Game of the Year candidate. I can't wait to get it.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #1661
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Nobody got Goldeneye? Reviews have it as a Game of the Year candidate. I can't wait to get it.
Hey, look who just got his August 1997 issue of Nintendo Power!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #1662
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Hey, look who just got his August 1997 issue of Nintendo Power!

The remake is supposed to be incredible. I want it for the multiplayer, mainly.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #1663
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Zero interest. I've seen it in action, and while it's cool in theory, the technology isn't far enough along to make it worth all the hassle associated with it and the aggravation in using it and not getting the results you think you should.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #1664
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm getting one for Christmas so please post impressions!!!

Also, does anyone know what else might be needed if you have a normal Xbox (the one that came with the 20GB HD)?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #1665
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm getting one, and the Dance Central game (will probably replace DDR as my preferred workout.. I've already told my friends if they ever get a video of me doing it online, I will kill them)
Old 11-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #1666
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 has an awesome community sharing feature this year.

So far I have downloaded near perfect versions of Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, LOD's Hawk + Animal, Jeff Hardy, and Sting to go with passable versions of the Macho Man, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, The Ultimate Warrior, Kamala The Ugandan Giant, Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart. I also snagged some pretty poor TBH versions of Hulk Hogan + Earthquake. There are tons more guys, I've only touched the surface here and it seems like every time I log on there are new old timers uploaded.

On top of that Jake "The Snake", Terry Funk, Rock, Austin and Ricky Steamboat are all in the game as unlock-able characters.

I haven't played this series since 2009 but these old timers have me pumped for this game so far. I just wish I knew who half of the current wrestlers are. It is making the WWE Universe mode a little confusing since I have no clue what most of these guys finishers are.

Last edited by dubb93 : 11-03-2010 at 03:48 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #1667
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just pre-ordered Black Ops from walmart.com

Gave me a chance to use my $10 e-gift card I got for New Vegas and base price was $5 off. Wish I had pre-ordered back when they were offering a $20 gift card though
Old 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #1668
RainMaker
General Manager

Forgot about Black Ops. The commercial looked great. Is it worth $60 just for the single player? I know everyone loves COD multiplayer, but I'm more of a Battlefield fan myself. Not sure if they've changed the COD multiplayer at all in this.

Also have a Kinect coming tomorrow through Amazon. My XBox has been teetering on the brink of destruction and I've been wanting to get a bigger hard drive for awhile. So I figure I might as well just get a whole new 250GB system with the Kinect. Should tide me over till this console cycle is through.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #1669
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 has an awesome community sharing feature this year.

So far I have downloaded near perfect versions of Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, LOD's Hawk + Animal, Jeff Hardy, and Sting to go with passable versions of the Macho Man, Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, The Ultimate Warrior, Kamala The Ugandan Giant, Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart. I also snagged some pretty poor TBH versions of Hulk Hogan + Earthquake. There are tons more guys, I've only touched the surface here and it seems like every time I log on there are new old timers uploaded.

On top of that Jake "The Snake", Terry Funk, Rock, Austin and Ricky Steamboat are all in the game as unlock-able characters.

I haven't played this series since 2009 but these old timers have me pumped for this game so far. I just wish I knew who half of the current wrestlers are. It is making the WWE Universe mode a little confusing since I have no clue what most of these guys finishers are.

I picked this up last week at Gamestop. Had like $47 in trade-ins and couldn't find a game I wanted so just went with that. Pleasantly surprised with it. The Universe mode adds a lot to the replay value of the game. It still has some big issues with matchmaking, but does give a sort of never-ending career mode that can be customized on the fly.

Sad to see Nexus not make it in yet, but I heard that at least 3 of the guys will be in a DLC coming in December. And agree on the downloadable characters. Wondering though if there is a way to get their entrance music in the game too. Seems like there is a way.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #1670
RainMaker
General Manager

And one more thing. Has anyone played Fable 3? Thoughts? Was thinking of picking this up when I finished Fallout: New Vegas (which at this rate could be months from now).
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #1671
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I don't play any X-Box 360 games on-line and I never play the single player campaign, but, for me, MW2 was worth the money for the Spec-Ops missions alone. Hopefully there will be a somewhat robust co-op/split-screen campaign for Black Ops. That plus killing zombie nazis will be enough for me.

The Kinect does nothing for me. The only time I really ever play my Xbox 360 is when I have friends over and we're drinking. I don't want to be jumping around and shit when I'm drinking. No good will come of that in any way shape or form. I am not the most coordinated person in the best of circumstances and after several beers things will only get worse.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #1672
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post

Want it bad but can't really do it right now. Will almost definitely have it eventually.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #1673
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
And one more thing. Has anyone played Fable 3? Thoughts? Was thinking of picking this up when I finished Fallout: New Vegas (which at this rate could be months from now).

A lot of reviews are saying that it's not so great. The word that sticks out to me is "janky" (it's what the guys at Joystiq kept saying about it on the podcast). I read, probably on Joystiq, that the developer is acknowledging that there are bugs and is asking for bug report submissions. The Joystiq guys were also down on it because the interactions with town folk, etc were dumbed down (as compared with Fable 2) and that in general, it wasn't as nice an experience as Fable 2. Surprising they had so much disdain for it, they LOVED Fable 2.

/tk
Old 11-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #1674
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I picked this up last week at Gamestop. Had like $47 in trade-ins and couldn't find a game I wanted so just went with that. Pleasantly surprised with it. The Universe mode adds a lot to the replay value of the game. It still has some big issues with matchmaking, but does give a sort of never-ending career mode that can be customized on the fly.

Sad to see Nexus not make it in yet, but I heard that at least 3 of the guys will be in a DLC coming in December. And agree on the downloadable characters. Wondering though if there is a way to get their entrance music in the game too. Seems like there is a way.

I have read in two reviews so far that you can change the title rankings in the universe mode manually. Have you figured out how to do this? I would love to get The Outsiders off of Superstars and into the tag title hunt while moving some teams down the rankings that have guys involved more in singles matches.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #1675
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I have read in two reviews so far that you can change the title rankings in the universe mode manually. Have you figured out how to do this? I would love to get The Outsiders off of Superstars and into the tag title hunt while moving some teams down the rankings that have guys involved more in singles matches.
I haven't. Might require deleting teams ahead and then re-adding them. Otherwise you might just have to setup custom matches for them and have them win against teams ahead of them.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #1676
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Target has a buy 2 get one free deal on games. Seriously considering a splurge this weekend.

Now, to narrow down 4 choices to 3. Fallout New Vegas? Fable III? NBA 2k11? Goldeneye? I think Goldeneye is the only give me. Oh, the decisions!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #1677
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Want it bad but can't really do it right now. Will almost definitely have it eventually.

Ditto. Will eventually get it, but I rarely buy new games. Not really in the budget right now

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #1678
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Target has a buy 2 get one free deal on games. Seriously considering a splurge this weekend.

Now, to narrow down 4 choices to 3. Fallout New Vegas? Fable III? NBA 2k11? Goldeneye? I think Goldeneye is the only give me. Oh, the decisions!

Based solely on reviews for Fable 3, I'd say skip it.

On other news, my personal Operation: New XBox is now complete.

/tk
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #1679
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post

I would avoid Fallout. I'm not the only person who had the game corrupt all of my save games. That is the absolute worst thing a game can do to the player.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #1680
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I would avoid Fallout. I'm not the only person who had the game corrupt all of my save games. That is the absolute worst thing a game can do to the player.
Is that being fixed? I'm nervous about playing on in that game.

Kind of sad but I feel like every game these days is unplayable till it's patched.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #1681
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I don't play any X-Box 360 games on-line and I never play the single player campaign

Then what exactly do you do with them? Use them for coasters?

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #1682
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone played The Dark Decent? Just read a review and watched some of the game.. it really looks spooky.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 AM   #1683
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wasn't like we didn't see it coming...

NBA Elite 11 Officially Canceled, Franchise Future Moves to EA Tiburon - Operation Sports

Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #1684
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is that being fixed? I'm nervous about playing on in that game.

Kind of sad but I feel like every game these days is unplayable till it's patched.

I imagine it will be patched about as well as Fallout 3 was patched which would be fine by me. Just get rid of the save game killing bugs and I would recommend it.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #1685
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Then what exactly do you do with them? Use them for coasters?

Co-op/split screen games with my friends.

edit: Though, I will admit, that for the vast majority of the their lives, my games are coasters. I don't buy many games though. I only have a handful and most of them I bought used. In fact, I don't even technically own an Xbox 360. A buddy of mine was having horrible RROD issues back in the day, so he bought himself a spare one. I have his spare. I have had it for over 3 years now.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-04-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #1686
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Got Kinect at lunch... went to Target and got on the buy two get one free deal. I bought Motion Sports, Kinect Sports, and Kinectimals (for my daughter). I'll post some impressions once I fire it up...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #1687
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Did the Target deal. Ended up getting NBA 2k11, Fable III, and Goldeneye. Thought seriously about Red Dead, but Goldeneye looked too good to pass up (even if it ended up being my free one since it was $10 less). Seriously excited about the weekend now.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #1688
RainMaker
General Manager

I can't say much for the games, but the Kinect is pretty cool from a technology standpoint. Go into the video chat and it'll follow you around the room if you start moving. Not sure I've ever seen that from a camera before.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #1689
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wondering though if there is a way to get their entrance music in the game too. Seems like there is a way.

I have not tried this yet, but I will be trying it later on today when I have free time. I took some time to study this and picked this up nearly word for word off of an internet board elsewhere.

1. Download ''Any Video Converter'' (its free), install it ect.
2. Search any theme you want on YoutTube. Eg. search ''AJ Styles Theme''
3. Copy & Paste the URL, (good clean version, dont download crap sounding songs)
4. On the top right of Any Video Converter you will see a scroll down, select MP3 Audio
5.Go to ''File'' & ''upload video form internet'', Paste the URL then click ''convert''
6. Once done go back into file and click ''Open Output Folder'' and there you will see the MP3. Open it in iTunes.

Now obviously it isn't just that easy. After that you have to get it to your XBox. I'm going to try burning them to CDs, but I imagine a Microsoft approved flash drive would do the trick as well.

From there a quick look in the game tells me that each song has to be set as a playlist by itself within the 360 system. Then you start the game, go to custom entrances and select your music you want for each wrestler.

That is the theory atleast. I'm going to be trying it later tonight like I said.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #1690
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DOLA:

Still have a little editing to do and entrance music to add but for the most part my RAW brand split is done in my WWE Universe mode game I'm going to start.

Hollywood Hogan
Scott Hall
Kevin Nash
Randy Savage
Ric Flair
Arn Anderson
Chris Benoit
DDP
Sting
Lex Luger
Roddy Piper
The Steiner Bros
Eddie Guerrero
Goldberg
Raven
Sid
Kidman
Harlem Heat
Dean Malenko
Juvi
Bam Bam Bigelow
Perry Saturn
Buff Bagwell
La Parka
Steve "Mongo" McMichael
Bret Hart
Chavo
Big Show
Y2J
Finlay
Rey Jr.
Ricky Steamboat
The Bushwackers(I was grasping at straws here when I tried 4 straight tag teams and none of them were available so I snagged one of my all time favs and added them to this split)
Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #1691
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The above method works perfectly for getting the theme music in the game. I just tested it out.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #1692
BigDPW
College Prospect

For Themes I found this site...

Ìóçûêà ðåñòëèíãà — VSplanet.net — òîëüêî ìû çíàåì, ÷òî òàêîå ðåñòëèíã!

Most of the themes work great...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #1693
mckerney
Coordinator

Gran Turismo 5 once again has a release date and will possibly be coming out November 24th.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #1694
Atocep
Coordinator

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #1695
Tasan
College Starter

That...that was really, really funny.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #1696
rjolley
College Starter

Has anyone tried or heard anything about Create from EA?

Last edited by rjolley : 11-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #1697
miked
College Starter

Anyone want to sell me some Wii games they don't play anymore? I don't think there's anything I WANT to play enough to spend $50-80 on a new one...except maybe Goldeneye 007 (only because I used to love the N64 one).
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #1698
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2.5 million Kinect sold. Wow. Was expecting something in the very high six figures or low seven figures. I thought making five million by end of year was a pipe dream
Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #1699
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Price has absolutely been an issue. The industry has a long history of accessories that have cost over the $50-60 price range that fail miserably. There was an article in the past that detailed the overwhelming odds against a $60+ accessory having any real commercial success. If I can find it, I'll add it to this thread.

There's no real technology being pushed here. The Sony controller is an updated version of the Wii controller system. Natal is an updated version of what the Playstation Eye was doing a generation ago.

Even the support that the PS3 is providing to add Move functionality to old games won't help its case. People want something new, not just a new way to play something old.

Well they ended up selling a lot of these units that no one seems to want.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #1700
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody play Dragon Age on the PS3? I have it on XBox but as you may know if you follow me on Twitter or FB, my Xboox is going back to Microsoft for a faulty disc drive.

Thinking about trying to find a used copy of Dragon Age for PS3, I really want to give it a go...

/tk