Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #1651
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
I'm certainly willing to cast my day's attack on Mimic. He claimed to be willing to sacrifice himself against Galaticus (which would obviously serve the traitor's goals as well). But would this have exposed him as a traitor?

Regardless, claiming that you are willing to do something and actually doing it, especially in this case are very different things.

The biggest reason I think I am holding off on attacking mimic today and instead going with nightcrawler is he claims that he can take care of Galactus, and I believe he says that he can do it by tommorrow. He also claims that it would fully clear him when he does it... so even though nearly zero of his arguements the past few days have made me feel comfortable, I am thinking perhaps based on risk vs reward it is worth waiting one more day to see how he performs vs Galacticus. If he doesn't, and it was all smoke, then we'll come after him strong at that point I guess.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #1652
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Dr. Doom orders Jean Grey to guard Dr. Doom

Professor X, Cable, Aardwolf and Colossus will be ordered by the other Prelates to guard each other.

Well, let's narrow down the options. I don't think we should attack these fellows.

From the Herald list I made earlier:
1. Nightcrawler
2. Emma Frost
9. Professor X
10. Mr. Fantastic
11. Iron Fist
13. Henry Pym
19. Firebird
22. Aardwolf
23. Nick Fury
25. Spider Man

Take off Emma Frost, Professor X, Mr. Fantastic (who has supposedly created a machine to the Negative Zone), and Aardwolf and you're left with:

Nightcrawler
Iron Fist
Henry Pym
Firebird
Nick Fury
Spider Man

I think if we go from this list, we'll either hit the Herald or a rebel. Thoughts?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #1653
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

You have a probing mind, indeed, Dr. Grey. Lord Doom has no reason to think these pathetic rebels had the ability to understand the genius of Dr. Doom. While they planned for victory they have tasted defeat.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #1654
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

One concern I have with how much everyone is hopping around teams is that one of the bonuses we receive is:

Quote:
Teams:
5.) Opportunity for additional rewards based on duration of team

I don't have any idea of what type of rewards we are talking, but unless there is a good reason to move, perhaps people should find teams that they like or trust and stick with them to try to give us additional rewards or bonuses to meet our goals.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #1655
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

I see no reason to think your list would find a rebel, Mimic. Finding the identity of the Herald is essential, but it is rebels that we need to kill.

FIND DOOM THE REBELS
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #1656
ProfessorX
Mascot

I reject the characterization of me as weak - in fact...if I wanted somebody dead, I have ways of making quite sure that that would happen.
ProfessorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #1657
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorX View Post
I reject the characterization of me as weak - in fact...if I wanted somebody dead, I have ways of making quite sure that that would happen.

Professor X, I hope you weren't taking my joking as anything but that, joking. I respect you and your academy to the fullest, you've boldly gone where no mutant has gone before. It's an impressive enterprise, really.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #1658
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Someone had the suggestion earlier that Galacticus's attack on SuperSkull (aka Human Torch) was action driven. Does anyone have a quick list of who has not expended points today by going on either mission? (Even though Galacticus mission hasn't left yet, we know who has signed up for it). I fully realize I am on that list, but I am curious if anyone is as a possible sign whom the herald might be.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #1659
ProfessorX
Mascot

Of course.

It was more bristling at the characterization of me as weak or expendable. I believe I am anything but.

Last time I utilized my powers too much and too often. This time I intentionally laid back and gathered some strength so that I might use them later.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #1660
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
The biggest reason I think I am holding off on attacking mimic today and instead going with nightcrawler is he claims that he can take care of Galactus, and I believe he says that he can do it by tommorrow. He also claims that it would fully clear him when he does it... so even though nearly zero of his arguements the past few days have made me feel comfortable, I am thinking perhaps based on risk vs reward it is worth waiting one more day to see how he performs vs Galacticus. If he doesn't, and it was all smoke, then we'll come after him strong at that point I guess.

Correction: I can hopefully take care of Galactus in two days...and that is dependent upon another. I should know more hopefully later today.

I think Jean is either the Herald and wishes to stop me or she is severely misguided. I'm tending to think the former as opposed to the latter at this point. She knows my plan and I have laid it out for her. Perhaps that was a mistake, but she was to be a key part in my continuing on in the game.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #1661
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

I may have urgent business to attend to elsewhere soon, which may take the rest of the day. So I would like to share my suspicions now, before it is too late.

I feel that Mimic has been acting erratically, and against the best interests of our goals. His actions are questionable, but his explanations and theories are, at best, incoherent, and at worst, dangerously distracting.

This run on Nightcrawler has merit, but I do not see Firebird's discovery as fully damning as yet, and I think it possible that some of the move toward him is born of distraction.

For now, I will act, and time permitting I will attempt to provide examples leading to my concern about Mimic. I know not when I will be called away today.

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC

ACTIVATE DEFENSE
Old 10-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #1662
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Nightcrawler seems the victim of a telepath, most likely. Forcing him to death may not be the best path. Though he may instead be a Skrull, it is hard for us to say now.

Doom will know better where these traitors lay soon. Our former leader was much too lax in rooting them out and much work remains to be done. Doom is eager to hear other suspects than Nightcrawler before the deadline.

Doom also reminds all to commit to the mission to Galactus or face retribution.

Then I shall give you some suspects Lord Doom.

Since you believe there was one or more traitors on the original council, it may make sense to attack one of them. And I agree that there was likely at least one on the council to begin with.

How about Spiderman? We are all kind of forgetting about him because he's barely participating, but remember he apparantly did nothing in the first Galactus mission. Others proposed he simply was not suited for the space mission, which seems to be a weak reasoning to me. Perhaps he is this Herald of Galactus we appear to be looking for now, and thus he could not harm his master?

To be honest I'm not sold on this theory myself, but perhaps it is one worth exploring.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #1663
Mimic
High School JV

When's the last time Spidey's been here?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #1664
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
I may have urgent business to attend to elsewhere soon, which may take the rest of the day. So I would like to share my suspicions now, before it is too late.

I feel that Mimic has been acting erratically, and against the best interests of our goals. His actions are questionable, but his explanations and theories are, at best, incoherent, and at worst, dangerously distracting.

This run on Nightcrawler has merit, but I do not see Firebird's discovery as fully damning as yet, and I think it possible that some of the move toward him is born of distraction.

For now, I will act, and time permitting I will attempt to provide examples leading to my concern about Mimic. I know not when I will be called away today.

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC

ACTIVATE DEFENSE

Not that I feel you are that off base about mimic.. but I don't understand your comments about Firebird... Nightcrawler basically admitted what firebird said was true, but played it off as someone has been controlling him or something.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #1665
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom believes the following have not acted or committed to act this day.

Nightcrawler
Iron Fist
Firebird
Nick Fury
Spiderman
Scarlet Witch
Silver Samurai

I expect the Scarlet Witch to aid the Galactus mission from earth. The others will be in the fist of Doom if they choose to remain silent.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #1666
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC

ACTIVATE DEFENSE

Do what you will android, but beware I have your power and memories as well.

[ooc]Damn, that's the power I should've made up...if someone attacks me, I find out if they're a traitor[/ooc]
Old 10-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #1667
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Okay folks, here is wha thappened during my night action. I got a message on Night One that one of my teammates was wrong somehow. Last night I explored that feeling and was told that Nightcrawler is either not as he seems or is possesssed somehow.

ooc - I am leaving in abiout ten minutes. I need to replenish the energy that I used to explore my visions surrounding Nightcrawler, so I am just putting out a quick vote and will beg off missions today.

Nightcrawler will have a chance to let us know what is going on in the thread, and he is my teammate, but for now, I have to attack someone, and I may not be back before deadline tonight. As such.

Standard Attack on Nightcrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
I'm afraid this might be true. I've been getting similar PMs since night one (though about myself, not a teammate). I have a feeling one of the telepaths has the ability to control me, but that they haven't exerted it yet. I didn't want to say anything because I'd hoped to figure it out first, but now I just hope that it's a good-aligned telepath..

I guess I don't understand why people are thinking there is not much to this.. Firebird has been getting this message multiple days (She refers to both night 1 and night 2 messages) that Nightcrawler is not what he seems. Nightcrawler basically admits to it but says someone has been controlling him (for two days?).. So that means there has to be someone who is telepathic that hasn't gone on a mission for two days that is controlling nightcrawler to make him evil or not as he seems? Is there anyone who even fits that category now? I think pretty much anyone who is telepathic has used up a Special action or at least gone on a mission one of the days right?

I guess I am having a hard time seeing how nightcrawler is a good guy here.. At worst he is a third party, possibly skull.. possibly herald, possibly something else..
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #1668
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr F - While I don't think Nightcrawler is a bad place to attack today, I think just chalking it up as a lets-all-vote-there situation is a bad tactic if we really want to be successful here. If we're wrong, we just wasted a day. We have the time, let's discuss, and I say that full well knowing one of the likely topics of discussion is the original Prelates of which I was one.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM   #1669
ProfessorX
Mascot

Reed - I am telepathic and I have not. However I have not utilized my telepathic powers to control anybody to this point. I suppose you all will have to take my word for that though. I have been building up my energy so that I have the energy to do it twice without recharging.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #1670
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Ah good. Lord Apocalypse has returned. I look forward to seeing his wisdom and selection of the next Prelate.

Quote:
Lord Apocalypse, we have a vacancy left with the traitors killing Stephen Strange last night. I would not presume to prod you, but you may select a new Fifth Prelate.

Yesterday, these 2 comments made me suspicious of Mimic. Why so much interest in having the new Prelate appointed? Adding in some of the new research folks have been doing today with regards to traitor motives, I believe Mimic was the Prelate traitor.

I was going to do this much sooner, but I had to dig up these 2 posts. With work getting in the way, it took me a few to find them.

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #1671
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
Mr F - While I don't think Nightcrawler is a bad place to attack today, I think just chalking it up as a lets-all-vote-there situation is a bad tactic if we really want to be successful here. If we're wrong, we just wasted a day. We have the time, let's discuss, and I say that full well knowing one of the likely topics of discussion is the original Prelates of which I was one.

I have been a part of the discussions regarding other things, I have no problems with multiple topics of discussion at the same time if we have good reason for it. I simply mean in regards to today's attacks. I feel I did an adequate job of detailing last night how it likely would be in the bad guy's best interest to try to spread the attacks around as much as possible to weaken as many people as possible. Unless we are certain about multiple people, it seems like a recipe to get multiple people killed one days to which the percentages are not in our favor.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #1672
HenryPym
Mascot

In Firebird's defense Lord Doom, she did say she would be away today, and did provide us with a potential suspect in Nightcrawler. In fact I think she may be a good person to protect with Dr. Richards device if Nightcrawler does indeed turn out to be a traitor.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #1673
ProfessorX
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
Yesterday, these 2 comments made me suspicious of Mimic. Why so much interest in having the new Prelate appointed? Adding in some of the new research folks have been doing today with regards to traitor motives, I believe Mimic was the Prelate traitor.

I was going to do this much sooner, but I had to dig up these 2 posts. With work getting in the way, it took me a few to find them.

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC

Interesting conclusion, and one that I do not disagree with (which is not to say that I agree with it either, just that the idea has merit).
Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #1674
Punisher
High School JV

Here's a question I'd like to know, maybe one of you can answer it:

Is Firebird some sort of telepath type? If not, how did she come up with the information on Nightcrawler?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #1675
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Not that I feel you are that off base about mimic.. but I don't understand your comments about Firebird... Nightcrawler basically admitted what firebird said was true, but played it off as someone has been controlling him or something.

Yes, Reed, to be sure, I am not casting aspersions on Firebird. I am suggesting that the data she brought to light is by nature incomplete, and may not, by itself, indicate Nightcrawler's need to die tonight.

I am not attempting to clear Kurt Wagner, but I am instead voicing my growing concern about the former Second Prelate. I believe Mimic, if evil, is a greater threat to our cause than Nightcrawler.

Two quick items: 1) Nightcrawler at least played a key role in a successful mission. 2) Mimic has set an artificial (I believe) timetable for success against Galactus which, had Doom not assumed the mantle of leadership, would have given the rebels time for victory, assuming that the two-rebels-on-the-council theory were true.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #1676
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
In Firebird's defense Lord Doom, she did say she would be away today, and did provide us with a potential suspect in Nightcrawler. In fact I think she may be a good person to protect with Dr. Richards device if Nightcrawler does indeed turn out to be a traitor.

I second this.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #1677
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I guess I don't understand why people are thinking there is not much to this.. Firebird has been getting this message multiple days (She refers to both night 1 and night 2 messages) that Nightcrawler is not what he seems. Nightcrawler basically admits to it but says someone has been controlling him (for two days?).. So that means there has to be someone who is telepathic that hasn't gone on a mission for two days that is controlling nightcrawler to make him evil or not as he seems? Is there anyone who even fits that category now? I think pretty much anyone who is telepathic has used up a Special action or at least gone on a mission one of the days right?

I guess I am having a hard time seeing how nightcrawler is a good guy here.. At worst he is a third party, possibly skull.. possibly herald, possibly something else..

Is Firebird some sort of telepath type? If not, how did she come up with the information on Nightcrawler?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #1678
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Yes, Reed, to be sure, I am not casting aspersions on Firebird. I am suggesting that the data she brought to light is by nature incomplete, and may not, by itself, indicate Nightcrawler's need to die tonight.

I am not attempting to clear Kurt Wagner, but I am instead voicing my growing concern about the former Second Prelate. I believe Mimic, if evil, is a greater threat to our cause than Nightcrawler.

Two quick items: 1) Nightcrawler at least played a key role in a successful mission. 2) Mimic has set an artificial (I believe) timetable for success against Galactus which, had Doom not assumed the mantle of leadership, would have given the rebels time for victory, assuming that the two-rebels-on-the-council theory were true.

Lets weigh the reward/risk of each though... Nightcrawler does not seem to have any option to prove himself to be other than what Firebird has said, while Mimic has at least said that his actions on the third day would prove his not being a traitor. If he is unable to do so by tommorrow, then I'll likely join in with you on this vote.. but I think that the risk ratio of being wrong about nightcrawler is much less than that of being wrong about mimic I guess.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #1679
Punisher
High School JV

I think I'm with Cable.

REVOKE ATTACK ON NIGHTCRAWLER

ATTACK MIMIC
Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #1680
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

According to Wiki, she has precognition or ESP as a talent so it likely entered this game.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #1681
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post

STANDARD ATTACK MIMIC

I dunno why I would have so much interest.

Quote:
Minority ("Good"): Easy way: Overthrow the tyrant (ie - kill Apocalypse, er DOOM!), plus assume majority of seats on ruling council.

The guy I believed should be the Fifth Prelate is now a Prelate of Doom. Go figure.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #1682
Mimic
High School JV

there should be some extremely interesting results today. I look forward to it!

Anyhow, I'm sort of drawing some conclusions here.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #1683
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I am concerned that Silver Surfer and myself may be at danger if we do not receive more assistance in our mission.

Now I must depart.
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #1684
ProfessorX
Mascot

Emma - do you believe that what Mimic says might have merit and Jean may be the Herald / a rebel? Or do you feel that Mimic is perhaps a rebel?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #1685
ProfessorX
Mascot

If you believe one of these to be true, and you release me from my guarding mission, I can ascertain whether it is true...
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #1686
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I am caught up on the happenings and I am troubled that neither Magneto nor Professor X would accept my offer to go on the mutant mission. I am suspicious of their actions so

I order The Beast to go with them.

I trust Hank McCoy will be able to find any untrustworthy individuals on the mission, although I hope this is not the case.

This is the first intance I found, and while not overly concerning, it was at the time considered by some to be a random, and unstrategic move.

Quote:
[ooc]I apologize, my connection to FOFC seems to be running extremely slowly at the moment. I'm a big comic geek, but I'm not familiar with certain characters playing the game. [/ooc]

There are certainly characters that could create the storm, including myself. Without going back to check on the mutant the team was going to get, there's a possibility that he/she was the one who created the storm, etc. I remember he/she was an Omega level mutant.

Another possibility was that it was some evil faction within our midst who prevented the mission from occuring. Certainly, the servants of Apocalypse knew who was going on the mission and if there are unloyal ones who did not go on the mission then they would have had a leg up in coming up with a strategy to defeat those that went.

A third possibility was that it was some unrevealed foe. The Mole Man comes to mind with his minions, but he does not have psionic powers.

Here, I contend that Mimic is using the classic strategy of declaring his exact methodology, but casting away suspicion since he is the one to bring it up.

Another note, I may be called away at any moment, I'll try to continue as long as I may.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #1687
Mimic
High School JV

Well, to get this out in the open this was what happened (as told to Magneto, Professor X, Jean Grey, and later the Scarlet Witch (I also think Quicksilver and Colossus got a hold of this story as well)):

When Iron Fist came up with a power that could delay Galactus, I thought "how convenient". Then I realized with the "Make Your Own Power" power I could make up my own power. I made up a power that would let me absorb Galactus' might and defeat him, thus eliminating him from the game. Well, it doesn't work that simply. I need 20 energy in order to do it and another player to boost me to a level to which I could absorb Galactus' power. Also, a bad side effect of using this power is that I will die. That first night I was prepared to accept that and go down in a blaze of glory...

Also, I would be cleared in the process.

Yesterday I thought about it more and realized that this is a freakin' comic book game. Characters come back from the dead all the time. I came up with the idea that perhaps Jean could bring me back from the dead with her "Make Your Own Power" but when I joined the Brotherhood, that didn't work out as well as Magneto not being able to boost my power. I had to seek someone else out and initially believed Doom could do this. Doom wouldn't join me for a private conversation so I kept that under wraps. Hopefully the Scarlet Witch can boost my power as I have 15 energy at the moment and will reach 20 in two more days.

Now that this is out in the open, I can only fear the Herald as the Rebels know I will eliminate a threat to them as well.

Can I still come back from the dead? I have some ideas with certain characters that I would need help from, but it would be worth it to bring me back since I would be a known quantity and have some pretty good powers...some of which you'll see today if you continue to attack me.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #1688
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Beast, Henry Pym and Quicksilver go with you too Emma, and Scarlet Witch assists from the earth.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #1689
Mimic
High School JV

Oh, I believe Emma knows this as well and can at least back up that everything I've written is what I've PMed with them about.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #1690
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Now that we have all gathered for attacks, I can use the combined intellect of Reed Richards, Victor Von Doom, Professor X, Hank Pym, Hank McCoy, and Bruce Ban....er....forget that last guy.

This may be a little late in coming, but I propose the following strategy:

A truce between the traitors and the loyal servants of Apocalypse. We conduct standard attacks and gain energy and focus our energies on our common enemy: Galactus. Once Galactus is out of the picture, we can root out the traitors.

How does that sound?

Quote:
The traitors must stop Galactus.

[ooc]If this is a normal game of Werewolf, then there are certainly fewer of them than there are of us[/ooc]

The traitors need our assistance. I don't expect them to accept the proposal, but I do expect extreme cooperation in defeating Galactus. If everyone agrees to this, then it also might be easier to discern who is sandbagging it.

There is another option, which I will explore with the GMs to take care of Galactus....

This was a pronouncement by mimic which, you may recall, was widely panned by the assembly. Stop looking for traitors? A truce? Hmm.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #1691
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
This is the first intance I found, and while not overly concerning, it was at the time considered by some to be a random, and unstrategic move.

Here, I contend that Mimic is using the classic strategy of declaring his exact methodology, but casting away suspicion since he is the one to bring it up.

Another note, I may be called away at any moment, I'll try to continue as long as I may.

You're not making any sense. How would I cause the storm when I didn't go on the mission? What, did I give Beast some of my power? It ain't possible.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #1692
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I have not yet joined any teams, Magneto. Until I am sure who to include in my private circle of trust Doom will keep his own counsel.

As you wish, Lord Doom.

One of the issues I wish to discuss is a potential vulnerability of Galactus. He relies on his body armor to regulate his functions. If those functions can be disrupted, I expect he would become much weaker -- perhaps weak enough for Mimic's scheme to succeed.

I have a certain...aptitude...for disassembling devices, as was seen on the mission against the destroyer.

If anyone can find a way to affect the armor, it would be you, Lordship.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #1693
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Strange! I thought you were too exhausted from your mission to be able to attack anyone.

Please inform me, how hard are your normal punches? I would prefer a verbal response rather than a physical demonstration, if at all possible.

Hence my statement that if you had asked earlier, IE prior to the mission, I could have reserved a point for your demonstration.

And since Mr. Storm has now been eliminated and verified my distrust of him I can be honest with my abilities.

I do 2 points of damage per ep I expend. I hit him with 3 points because I suspected he was not what he said he was. I have no solid evidence, it was a gut feeling, luckily my instincts were correct in this case.

I postured strongly to keep everyone leery of trying to attack me for fear of my retaliation.

Victor, I will do as ordered if you so choose, (guarding tonight) however I am still very weak from the attack on Galactus and fear that I may not be the best person to protect anyone this evening.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #1694
ProfessorX
Mascot

This was indeed the idea that Mimic came up with and presented to us.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1695
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well, to get this out in the open this was what happened (as told to Magneto, Professor X, Jean Grey, and later the Scarlet Witch (I also think Quicksilver and Colossus got a hold of this story as well)):

When Iron Fist came up with a power that could delay Galactus, I thought "how convenient". Then I realized with the "Make Your Own Power" power I could make up my own power. I made up a power that would let me absorb Galactus' might and defeat him, thus eliminating him from the game. Well, it doesn't work that simply. I need 20 energy in order to do it and another player to boost me to a level to which I could absorb Galactus' power. Also, a bad side effect of using this power is that I will die. That first night I was prepared to accept that and go down in a blaze of glory...

Also, I would be cleared in the process.

Yesterday I thought about it more and realized that this is a freakin' comic book game. Characters come back from the dead all the time. I came up with the idea that perhaps Jean could bring me back from the dead with her "Make Your Own Power" but when I joined the Brotherhood, that didn't work out as well as Magneto not being able to boost my power. I had to seek someone else out and initially believed Doom could do this. Doom wouldn't join me for a private conversation so I kept that under wraps. Hopefully the Scarlet Witch can boost my power as I have 15 energy at the moment and will reach 20 in two more days.

Now that this is out in the open, I can only fear the Herald as the Rebels know I will eliminate a threat to them as well.

Can I still come back from the dead? I have some ideas with certain characters that I would need help from, but it would be worth it to bring me back since I would be a known quantity and have some pretty good powers...some of which you'll see today if you continue to attack me.

Mimic, this is indeed a bold plan. Do we have any way of supporting it, though? How are we to know that you were not just selling a bill of goods to Magneto, Jean (actually I suspect she may be in the plot with you anyway), and Scarlet Witch?

If I find myself convinced, and I can get in before the deadline I'll certainly be willing to remove my attack.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #1696
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
This was a pronouncement by mimic which, you may recall, was widely panned by the assembly. Stop looking for traitors? A truce? Hmm.

Sure I've made mistakes, but c'mon you must have a short-circuit if you think that a traitor would be so heavy handed.

I hesitate to write this since I'm sure you'll respond with something like

That's what you want us to think. I can feel it in my android joints that you are the rebel/traitor.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #1697
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mimic, this is indeed a bold plan. Do we have any way of supporting it, though? How are we to know that you were not just selling a bill of goods to Magneto, Jean (actually I suspect she may be in the plot with you anyway), and Scarlet Witch?

If I find myself convinced, and I can get in before the deadline I'll certainly be willing to remove my attack.

I still think since we surely are looking for more than one traitor, what is the harm in giving Mimic tommorrow to prove he is not just trying to sell us a bill of sale here. Many of the same concerns you bring up are ones I have already voiced (and as far as I know, I was the only one who voted for mimic yesterday and couldn't get anyone else to join me). If all will be proven before the weekend as he says, we have another decent candidate today to focus on anyways. It is not like we have to randomly choose as if this was day 1.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #1698
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

I can confirm that my discussions with the Watcher indicate that Mimic has been working on a plan that would enable us to defeat Galactus. The words of the Watcher were specific enough that I am convinced that Mimic is not lying about this.

Lord Doom may have similar insights. Mimic turned to him next to determine if there was a magical or mechanical means through which his power could be boosted.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #1699
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Moderator question: Is the "ruling council" the five prelates of Apocalypse/Doom. Or everyone.

In the event that this has not yet been answered, the "ruling council" does not include Apoc/Doom since they have to be eliminated. It does make up whatever number of prelates are in the game at the time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #1700
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Sure I've made mistakes, but c'mon you must have a short-circuit if you think that a traitor would be so heavy handed.

I hesitate to write this since I'm sure you'll respond with something like

That's what you want us to think. I can feel it in my android joints that you are the rebel/traitor.

Vision is an Android, he doesn't "feel" anything.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote