Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #17101
Suicane75
Coordinator

It had to be close to 30 inches. How did I do that? You'd think I'd feel so much better than I do.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #17102
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
It had to be close to 30 inches. How did I do that? You'd think I'd feel so much better than I do.

That's what she said.

(beat everyone else to the punch)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #17103
PilotMan
Head Coach

I just realized that 15 years later, I've finally hit 10,000 posts. I'm gonna use that on a job interview (if I need to) to demonstrate my perseverance. I thought this moment would be filled with more balloons and vodka.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 09-22-2017 at 06:23 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:23 PM   #17104
PilotMan
Head Coach

dola

holy shit. I can't believe I've been dealing with you wonderful motherfuckers for 15 years.

Like Steam?

Old 09-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #17105
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Today is Bilbo Baggins birthday
Old 09-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #17106
21C
College Prospect

Godammit! I can't stand static electricity!

It has been really dry here lately and the static electricity at times is unbearable. It's bad enough when you know it's coming but the worst ones are when you brush against the car or go to open a screen door and get zapped.

I've taken to wearing an anti-static wrist strap around the house but, even then, I still get the odd shock when I forget to clip in.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #17107
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

How many Courics is that?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #17108
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Looks like David Meade was wrong on this one. Doomsday has actually been delayed to October 15th.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #17109
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Instead of advertising, I really think I shoulda found a more stable, sane, and respectable line of work.

Crack dealer, cold-call time share salesman, SOMETHING.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #17110
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Instead of advertising, I really think I shoulda found a more stable, sane, and respectable line of work.

Crack dealer, cold-call time share salesman, SOMETHING.

I've got a dairy farm here you could run. Oh wait, you said stable and sane.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #17111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I've got a dairy farm here you could run. Oh wait, you said stable and sane.

Both likely share a similar bovine fecal aroma.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #17112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The early morning Panera/McDonald's crowd sure are mad about something. I'm not sure what exactly it is, but it's sewious!
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #17113
molson
General Manager

I'm really terrible at corn mazes and very impressed by people who can just wander around them and figure out how to get out. I'm talking the big ones with cruel wrong turns that lead to a maze-within-a-maze that doesn't ultimately go anywhere except back where you started. I get turned around and lost so quickly when I'm surrounded by corn. It all looks the same!

Last edited by molson : 09-26-2017 at 05:25 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:49 PM   #17114
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I get turned around and lost so quickly when I'm surrounded by corn. It all looks the same!

That's maizist.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #17115
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm really terrible at corn mazes and very impressed by people who can just wander around them and figure out how to get out. I'm talking the big ones with cruel wrong turns that lead to a maze-within-a-maze that doesn't ultimately go anywhere except back where you started. I get turned around and lost so quickly when I'm surrounded by corn. It all looks the same!

Do those other people amaze you?
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #17116
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't believe there's a kernel of truth in any of that.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #17117
Suicane75
Coordinator

About an hour ago I started getting a constant swoosh in my ear like water running out or my eardrum being played like a drum. I'm going mad. Slowly.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #17118
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Same here, Suicane. Been constant since mid-afternoon. Have had a head cold since yesterday, and I am prone to dizziness with my ears anyway. Not looking forward to tomorrow with this.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #17119
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Same here, Suicane. Been constant since mid-afternoon. Have had a head cold since yesterday, and I am prone to dizziness with my ears anyway. Not looking forward to tomorrow with this.

It'll go away overnight. It has to. It has to. I'm going insane. It feels like there's a bug crawling around in my ear hole.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:38 AM   #17120
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
That's maizist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Do those other people amaze you?

Quote:
I don't believe there's a kernel of truth in any of that.

Oh you guys....

Seriously though, I was scared and grumpy and that corn maze kicked my ass....And I think it was easier than previous years (the lines were the part of the maze you walked through, everything else was evil, stinking, dirty corn.) I think we cheated by going up on an employees-only platform used for finding lost losers like us. (Though worst case scenario, we would have simply walked through the corn in the right direction rather than call 911, which, according to my post-maze-hell googling, is remarkably common).

Last edited by molson : 09-27-2017 at 01:14 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:16 AM   #17121
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've seen a couple of shitty horror movies based on corn mazes and it's amazed me every time how they could take something so simple and terrifying and fuck it up.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #17122
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

They need to make one with Maisie Williams.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #17123
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post

Quote:
It'll go away overnight. It has to. It has to. I'm going insane. It feels like there's a bug crawling around in my ear hole.

Can you guys link the timing of the sound with your heartbeat? I don't want to be alarmist, but my sister's boyfriend just had major neurosurgery due to a Dural Fistula, and a ton of the online documentation indicates that this very symptom is how most of them are diagnosed.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #17124
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

If a Siamese twin masturbates, is it incest?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #17125
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Can you guys link the timing of the sound with your heartbeat? I don't want to be alarmist, but my sister's boyfriend just had major neurosurgery due to a Dural Fistula, and a ton of the online documentation indicates that this very symptom is how most of them are diagnosed.

I don't think so, and mine slowed down and then stopped after I popped my ears last night. But now I think I'm suffering from major anxiety. THANKS!
Old 09-28-2017, 03:17 AM   #17126
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

4a, trying to get my head around something.

Single car crash near the town I grew up in, killed a 69 year old woman & her 2 year old great-granddaughter.

I went to elementary & high school with the woman's daughter. Not someone close to me or anything, but someone that I've known pretty much my whole life since I was maybe 5 years old.

I cannot quite fathom trying to deal with the loss of your mother AND your grandaughter at the same time, all in an instant.

I don't think this is one you entirely can get your head around, or at least I can't.

Don't mean to be a downer, just really sort of mindfucked by this, moreso probably from learning about it at 4 in the f'n morning. (I'd seen an "identities not yet released" version of the story maybe eight hours prior, obviously never thinking I'd have some connection, however minor, to those involved)
Old 09-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #17127
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Mine was constant. Not discernible pattern. It went away and came back today. But I really think mine is allergy related. My ears clog fairly easily and this time of year wrecks havoc on me.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:42 PM   #17128
Suicane75
Coordinator

Mine has not come back, knock on wood. But everyone else in my house has some sort of cold/allergy related symptom(s), so I'm betting that's what it was.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #17129
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The wife and I were looking at cars and one of the features the salesman was describing was how the car senses an oncoming object and automatically brakes for you. It got me thinking what if I needed to take out a gunman or plow through a fence to get away from zombies. Seems like a good story arc for the walking dead with a luxury car from back then.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:49 AM   #17130
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
The wife and I were looking at cars and one of the features the salesman was describing was how the car senses an oncoming object and automatically brakes for you. It got me thinking what if I needed to take out a gunman or plow through a fence to get away from zombies. Seems like a good story arc for the walking dead with a luxury car from back then.

1) i think those stupid options can probably be disabled, but i am not for sure.
2) these stupid options just enable more bad drivers imo. lets make more stuff that 'auto detects' so that you can text more, put on your makeup, do whatever else you need to do that causes you NOT TO PAY ATTENTION WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING A DAMN VEHICLE.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #17131
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
1) i think those stupid options can probably be disabled, but i am not for sure.

You can disable them.

Source: I just got a Toyota with many of these features. Like "emergency braking" to avoid collisions, but if anything the thing that tells me to brake is more distracting than the guy that has slammed on his brakes in front of me. I don't know how helpful it is for good drivers.

There is also "lane assist". Which comes in distinctly UN-handy when you are just trying to pass a garbage truck in the median or something like that. It beeps at you and actively tries to steer you back in your lane instead of allowing you to give the obstacle a wide berth. Yes, it is all override-able, it will yield to overpowering human response... but it still has some kinks to be worked out, let's say.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #17132
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

My parents new Kia has those features and it's great for them. They're in their late 70s and have never been particularly good drivers. I would probably not even get those options for myself.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #17133
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My parents have an Acura SUV with some of these features. They can be disabled. I tried some of them while driving on vacation in June. I didn't really like them.

The main one was the lane-sensing technology that allowed for virtually hands-free driving. It can either be turned off entirely, or once you take control, it will relinquish control to you in the moment. I could not get comfortable with trusting that the car would stay within the lane. So I was essentially hovering over the wheel ready to take control in a split-second if I felt it wasn't sensing the lanes.

The biggest issue is on and off ramps. That's why you see those dotted lines now. It's so the lane-sensing technology can still find a lane and not drive you off the road. The other thing is that it would alert you to cars in your blind spot, but I found that it alarmed me more than alerted me. When the sensor went off, I felt like I was supposed to be doing something, not that it was just telling me "don't try to change lanes there's someone there."

It was only a week's worth of driving my dad's car and the technology is cool in the abstract, but I didn't enjoy it while driving.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #17134
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

If you have a blowout does it keep your tire straight.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:33 AM   #17135
Ksyrup

I didn't find out!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #17136
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of cars, I have to get a new one due to some idiot deciding he really wanted to be in my lane and didn't really check to see if I was there (maybe he disabled his blind spot sensor as well). Anyways, I've decided on a 2017 Mazda 3 and the two dealerships I'm dealing with can't be more different. One (Hennessy Mazda) is really chill - just sending me the info over email and answering my questions. The other (Jim Ellis Mazda Atlanta) is all over the place - calling, trying to get me to call, sending emails, etc. Jim Ellis also was playing games with the offer, but eventually offered me the lowest rate. So I just asked Hennessy if they'd match it and they said yes.

Anyways, I have an appointment with Hennessy at 9:30 tomorrow and with Jim Ellis at 11. If Hennessy tries to play games, I can leave for JE, but if Hennessy is straight forward, then I guess I'll 'miss' my appointment with JE. So I set all this up on Wed. Didn't contact either yesterday - this morning JE calls me, sends me "URGENT" email asking to confirm if I was coming tomorrow...

Yeah, even though I was going that way anyways, that definitely makes me want to go with the ones who didn't act like a clingy girlfriend.

(though I did tell JE that I plan on going there tomorrow - My plans, though, have seeing another dealer first).
Old 09-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #17137
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

That lane-change beeping stuff is why I fully expect my wife to end up in an accident sooner than later. She appears to be overly reliant/trusting of it after about a year with it ... but then she drives a car that doesn't have it occasionally or a rental car ....
Old 09-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #17138
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of driving ... here I sit, just over a week after the possibility first arose, trying to decide whether to make the 2+ hour drive back to my old hometown for tonight's game vs the ol' arch-rival. It should be a thorough & complete thrashing as said rival is very likely one of the 4-5 worst teams in the entire state, regardless of classification. They're not just bad, they are truly epic in their badness.

I've gone back & forth about it constantly for over a week, I'm within a couple hours of needing to leave if I'm going to go, I still honestly haven't decided.

There just really isn't much of anything I despise more thoroughly than being in the car. Given the competition for that crown, that says something.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:57 AM   #17139
Kodos
Resident Alien

I always have a rule that goes like this: If I'm spending more time traveling to an event than I will attending the event, it's not worth it.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-29-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #17140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I always have a rule that goes like this: If I'm spending more time traveling to and event than I will attending the event, it's not worth it.

That's my general rule as well. The mitigating circumstance was the chance to see a several people who I actually like but haven't seen in person in a couple decades.

As the week has worn on, one by one the people of most interest have backed away from attending so it's getting pretty lean for me at this point.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #17141
Suicane75
Coordinator

Unless it's an orgy.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #17142
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unless it's an orgy.

Umm, I don't think you heard me ...
Quote:
As the week has worn on, one by one the people of most interest have backed away from attending

Old 10-02-2017, 07:10 AM   #17143
PilotMan
Head Coach

Apparently, Marylin Manson was also a victim of 'gun' violence.

Marilyn Manson was knocked down by oversized pistol props onstage. He has been hospitalized. [TIME]

Like Steam?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #17144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Apparently, Marylin Manson was also a victim of 'gun' violence.

Marilyn Manson was knocked down by oversized pistol props onstage. He has been hospitalized. [TIME]

It wasn't the guns, it was his idiotic attempt to climb the stage prop.

There's actually speculation that this was -- for some reason -- all staged. He'd just "broken his ankle" the night before, then this.

Which kinda makes no sense since radio was allllll over his (very weak) new single, tripling it's spins for a 47-->24 jump this week.

Then again, not sure that recent events won't stick a fork in a song titled "KILL4ME"
Old 10-02-2017, 06:59 PM   #17145
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was getting ready for my medical this week and part of that is reporting my flight time to the FAA. In that process, I realized that I've crossed over the 10,000 hour threshold this year, probably late July or early August. It took me about 14.5 years to get here, and my calculations mean it should take me about 16 years to get the next 10,000. Using the same math, if I stay healthy I should finish my career with about 25,000 flight hours.

Like Steam?

Old 10-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #17146
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Snoop Dogg is hosting a revival of the game show Joker's Wild on TBS later this month. I have no concept of how those words in that order form a true statement.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #17147
cuervo72
Head Coach

Toker's Wild
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #17148
Suicane75
Coordinator

Higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, higher, higher!
Old 10-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #17149
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Today is National Taco Day
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #17150
Ksyrup

So the "Yeah he is!" kid from that incessantly aired DQ commercial is providing opportunity for maximum annoyance of my family.

"Are we going to the store soon?" "Yeah we are!"

"Is dinner still at 5:30?" "Yeah it is!"

"That's really annoying, can you please stop?" "Yeah I can!"

"Are you trying to drive me crazy?" "Yeah I am!"