Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #1701
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Assassin's Creed 4 is the one I keep thinking about trying out. Everyone says it's amazing. I tried #2 or #3 and couldn't get into it. Is 4 really worth the time?

I couldn't get into 2 or 3 but I love 4.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #1702
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My daughter uses skype so much I have to make sure I'm on my best behavior.

Voice commands are great.. no controller to be found, don't want to get up.. "xbox turn off" and I'm out like a light on the couch.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #1703
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
That's partly the issue in that I was hoping that the Xbox could replace the roku I have hooked up, mostly to reduce the clutter. The only thing is that I'm a big user of Plex and I doubt I could get that on the Xbox, so it may be a moot point anyway.

As far as running the cable box through, will it also control the tv turning on and off? So I would come into the room and just say 'Xbox watch TV' and everything would turn on? I guess I'm also trying to gauge how wife friendly it will be as well She's fine with tech but if it was much harder to get started up and going then she may sour on it.

My GF uses the Xbox more than I do. Just the other day she set it up so the Xbox signs her in automatically with the Kinect. The voice commands work pretty damn well. The only place I really want to use a controller is using Netflix. You can definitely get away with using just voice commands I just find it easier to use the controller. I'm not doing much gaming with my system yet, but the reason I wanted to get the system was to bring everything in living room onto one device and it does that for me.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #1704
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dragon Age: Inquisition: Discover the Dragon Age - IGN Video

I can't wait for this one..
Old 03-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #1705
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Inquisition is certainly on my radar, but its definitely a wait for reviews and then until it's available at a pretty big discount after Bioware's recent releases.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:15 PM   #1706
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Here's something you don't see very often......unless you're Canadian.

Sony's PlayStation 4 going up $50 | Gaming | Tech | Toronto Sun

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-15-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #1707
Mota
College Benchwarmer

There's about a 10% difference between CAD and USD right now, so why would the price of the new games be rising by 16%? As a Canadian that really pisses me off, and I will try to order my games from the US to avoid these stupid overcharges.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:13 PM   #1708
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
None of them were regular gamers, so I dominated our matches. My best friend's wife would get pissed because she would kill me one too many times and I would start targeting just her. It was fun.

A year ago I was certain I'd be buying a new console at launch, but now I could easily see it being 2015 before I pick up a new one.

1) I still have a handful of games I want to play on the 360/PS3 that I haven't gotten around to.

2) There are a couple of games only coming out for the "old" systems that I definitely want to play (currently playing Dark Souls 2 on 360), Persona 5 is coming to the old consoles in 2015 (kind of insane).

3) I bought a PS Vita off a friend a year back and put 100 hours into Persona 4 Golden. Not usually a fan of tremendously long games, but my last 6 months has been full of them.

4) Playstation Plus just keeps giving me a bigger backlog of games to play on PS3.

5) I was 100% an XBOX guy on this generation, and the way they have mangled every aspect of the XB1 has left a very sour taste in my mouth. It's almost something right out of "The Producers." They even broke things that were perfect on the 360 (party system, automatic sign-in). You just shake your head when you see the things they are fixing in patches. They over-thought this system soooo badly.

6) As you get older and and have much less free time, its' really incredibly hard to justify $500 on a system you know you'll only buy a few games for annually.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #1709
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You might like DagonRompa:Trigger Happy if you like Persona.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #1710
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Target selling repackaged PS4's for $280

http://n4g.com/news/1474234/target-sell ... es-for-280
Old 03-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #1711
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
A year ago I was certain I'd be buying a new console at launch, but now I could easily see it being 2015 before I pick up a new one.

1) I still have a handful of games I want to play on the 360/PS3 that I haven't gotten around to.

2) There are a couple of games only coming out for the "old" systems that I definitely want to play (currently playing Dark Souls 2 on 360), Persona 5 is coming to the old consoles in 2015 (kind of insane).

3) I bought a PS Vita off a friend a year back and put 100 hours into Persona 4 Golden. Not usually a fan of tremendously long games, but my last 6 months has been full of them.

4) Playstation Plus just keeps giving me a bigger backlog of games to play on PS3.

5) I was 100% an XBOX guy on this generation, and the way they have mangled every aspect of the XB1 has left a very sour taste in my mouth. It's almost something right out of "The Producers." They even broke things that were perfect on the 360 (party system, automatic sign-in). You just shake your head when you see the things they are fixing in patches. They over-thought this system soooo badly.

6) As you get older and and have much less free time, its' really incredibly hard to justify $500 on a system you know you'll only buy a few games for annually.

I'm in the same boat as you, still 15 or so games on PS3 plus some PS+ games, just spent 80 hours playing Bravely Default (still need to pick up a Vita and Persona 4 at some point) and have a couple other 3DS RPGs, plus who knows how many unplayed games on Steam. Will probably be a while before i pick up another console, though the next one I buy will probably be a Wii U.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #1712
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I picked up the Xbox One Titan Fall bundle last night. It was actually pretty hard to find. A number of stores said they had it in stock on their websites but when I went they didn't have it. Finally had to settle for GameStop and even then they only had one left and it was a preorder that they felt the guy wouldn't be in anytime soon to pick up so they gave it to me.

It was getting late so I didn't get a chance to dig too deep. It is a small thing but I was impressed with the packaging and the quality. It made it felt like it was quality, considering all the cash I forked over for it, this was nice.

I didn't have a Kinect for my 360 so it was my first exposure to it. I was impressed with how well it worked and how it integrated with the system using voice commands or recognizing me. My wife was interested in the zumba fitness game so we tried a demo of it and she really enjoyed it. She's not really a gamer but she wants us to pick it up so she can play it.

Titan Fall was a download and not a physical copy. All I had to do was scan a code with the Kinect and was able to get the game. It didn't take a long time to download but it took quite some time to install. In fact I didn't even get a chance to play it because it was getting pretty late by that point.

Today I am going to try titan Fall and also go through some more of the set up and features. So far I am impressed. I am really getting what MS was going for with the One and I like it.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 AM   #1713
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post

I hit this point about 6-8 years ago or so I think. For my entire life, I had always gotten every new system as it had come, but that pretty much stopped with the playstation2/xbox360/wii. I haven't bought a new console since those.

I keep looking in game stores for reasons on why I should get something new, but honestly with the pricing these days, it just does not justify spending that much for the very small handful of games that may interest me. I have way too many other forms of entertainment now.

I do occasionally get wii or xbox360 games for the kids, but they don't really play them that much. They almost always just prefer to play games on their ipods/iphones instead. So unless something changes in a big way, my household likely won't be buying anything in this generation of console either.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #1714
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Phil Spencer discusses the Xbox reveal last year.......

News: We shouldn't have "sugar-coated" the Xbox One controversy, admits Phil Spencer - OXM US
Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #1715
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting read on the biggest complaints on each current-gen console.

Report details biggest problems with next generation consoles | Plugged In - Yahoo Games
Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #1716
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

My friend brought his PS4 over on Friday night and me, him, and my brother played Towerfall. For like 4 hours. And it felt like 45 minutes. I can't say much about the system otherwise but that game is fantastic for getting together with a few dudes and chilling out.

Oh and I was pleasantly surprised by the controller. I've always hated PlayStation controllers but that one didn't bother me at all and I was holding the thing the whole night.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 PM   #1717
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Interesting read on the biggest complaints on each current-gen console.

Report details biggest problems with next generation consoles | Plugged In - Yahoo Games

I wish it was broken down by number and not percentage. For instance, last gen, the Wii and X360 numbers would still add up to 100% but the numbers would be vastly different.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #1718
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I wish it was broken down by number and not percentage. For instance, last gen, the Wii and X360 numbers would still add up to 100% but the numbers would be vastly different.

SI

Agree. The numbers are interesting none the less.

The disc drive from MS obviously wasn't as big of a problem as it was made out to be one day one. I have both and haven't had a problem with either.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #1719
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Some good news for MS......

Titanfall boosts Xbox One sales by 96 per cent in the UK • News • Xbox One • Eurogamer.net
Old 03-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #1720
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Title of this article is inaccurate as the actual survey conveys the opinions of people who previously owned both PS3 and X360, but interesting information nonetheless.

Xbox owners are deserting Microsoft consoles for the PlayStation 4 - Yahoo Games
Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #1721
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shocker that once a console selling game is released, consoles are sold!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #1722
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Shocker that once a console selling game is released, consoles are sold!

The PS4 throws a pretty big wrench in that theory. It's the fastest selling console in history and has no console-selling exclusives.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-17-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #1723
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

How does that throw a wrench in his theory or did I miss where he said that was the only way consoles sell.

You can remove the Sony binky, can't you?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #1724
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was talking about titanfall.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #1725
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
How does that throw a wrench in his theory or did I miss where he said that was the only way consoles sell.

You can remove the Sony binky, can't you?

It's not a binky. It's an honest point. For so long, the console sales have been driven by pack-in games or packages. Nintendo is the clear leader in that category, with Super Mario Bros. and Wii Sports literally driving those two consoles to success. MS has made good hay with Halo on its previous two consoles and now look to do the same with Titanfall.

Obviously, Sony has some titles coming, but they continue to sell at a record breaking pace with no clear must-have title. It's great for Sony, but it's clearly going to change the thinking going forward on what you need to focus on when you launch a console.

Edit: It should be noted that MS wasn't the only one to see a huge jump in sales last week. The PS4 sales jumped 72% in the same week and actually sold almost as many units as XB1.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-17-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #1726
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Honest point like saying "You're wrong, the grass isn't" after someone says "The sky's blue".

You're like a cartoon character.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #1727
BillJasper
Pro Starter

It really comes down to who has better marketing. Most people are sheep.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #1728
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think price point played a big role in it too.

Or to be more accurate...releasing the Xbox without a system-selling game made the $100 price difference seem even larger to those buyers who were open to persuasion.

If there was a system-selling game to back up the higher price point it might have been one thing, but with just the "non-gaming" features, trying to push the higher price point was an additional mountain to climb.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-17-2014 at 01:48 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #1729
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think price point played a big role in it too.

Or to be more accurate...releasing the Xbox without a system-selling game made the $100 price difference seem even larger to those buyers who were open to persuasion.

If there was a system-selling game to back up the higher price point it might have been one thing, but with just the "non-gaming" features, trying to push the higher price point was an additional mountain to climb.

I agree. Plus, I think they simply released too close to the Playstation 4. The decision forced people to pick one coming out of the gate and leave the other sitting on the store shelf. These numbers may be totally reversed had they released a week prior to Sony instead of a week later.

Last edited by BillJasper : 03-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #1730
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

First Tretton, now Whitten.....

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-marc-whitten
Old 03-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #1731
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

PS4-exclusive Infamous: Second Son lead designer leaves Sony - GameSpot
Old 03-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #1732
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I agree. Plus, I think they simply released too close to the Playstation 4. The decision forced people to pick one coming out of the gate and leave the other sitting on the store shelf. These numbers may be totally reversed had they released a week prior to Sony instead of a week later.

Yeah, and without a "system selling" game and coming out of a recession, the $100 extra was probably a tough pill for a lot of the "persuadable" buyers I'd venture to guess.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #1733
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This smells like another designer looking to go indie. While the AAA titles do make more money, a lot of these guys feel like they lose flexibility and control on these huge development teams.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #1734
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

New regions for September X1 release......

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Xbox One Coming to 26 new markets in September :
Old 03-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #1735
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I imagine it's not uncommon for designers to move around after what they spent years designing is "complete".

Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #1736
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another big director moving around. Should be fun to see where all these people land.

God of War Dev Stig Asmussen Leaves Sony Santa Monica - IGN
Old 03-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #1737
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Project Morpheus revealed.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ject-morpheus/
Old 03-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #1738
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

ID@Xbox games revealed.....

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-i...mes-first-look
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #1739
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Eve: Valkyrie coming to PS4:

CCP states EVE: Valkyrie's Oculus co-publishing deal was exclusive to the PC, game coming to PS4 | Polygon
Old 03-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #1740
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I love how these game companies keep pimping VR shit to people that have routinely dismissed it and such. I would guess this morpheus thing costs at least $200 or more, unless it gets heavily subsidized. Oculus Rift goggles are like $300.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM   #1741
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I love how these game companies keep pimping VR shit to people that have routinely dismissed it and such. I would guess this morpheus thing costs at least $200 or more, unless it gets heavily subsidized. Oculus Rift goggles are like $300.

It's definitely reaching a breaking point. They need to make this round work or it's going to be awhile before they get another shot. I believe that Sony is hoping to make it down to the $200 price point.

MS also has one in the works for X1, but is reportedly a bit behind the other two at this point of development.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #1742
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
It's definitely reaching a breaking point. They need to make this round work or it's going to be awhile before they get another shot. I believe that Sony is hoping to make it down to the $200 price point.

MS also has one in the works for X1, but is reportedly a bit behind the other two at this point of development.

I would guess MS is:

1) Probably further along than they are letting on
2) Going to wait until the other two come out before taking a dive
3) Probably has a few more things up their sleeves before they make this move.

I am NOT saying MS is going to win the round of consoles or that what they do have will workt. I am saying MS knew exactly what Sony was working on and the Rift. Them not announcing anything could either be seen as them not having any plans or them planning on throwing a surprise out of their rear ends. I'm guessing the latter.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #1743
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I would guess MS is:

1) Probably further along than they are letting on
2) Going to wait until the other two come out before taking a dive
3) Probably has a few more things up their sleeves before they make this move.

I am NOT saying MS is going to win the round of consoles or that what they do have will workt. I am saying MS knew exactly what Sony was working on and the Rift. Them not announcing anything could either be seen as them not having any plans or them planning on throwing a surprise out of their rear ends. I'm guessing the latter.

Regardless of how far along they are, I bet they go ahead and make some sort of announcement at E3 just so they don't get trumped by Sony in any way. It doesn't have to be ready at that point. They just need to show it's on the way.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #1744
SackAttack
Head Coach

I would expect anything VR-related in this generation to end up more or less how the Kinect did in the 360 generation. That is, it will come out late in the lifecycle and to prime the pump for the subsequent generation. You'll see a selection of PS4 and Xbox One games that use VR goggles, either the Oculus Rift or something proprietary. Next generation, the tech will be included in the box, or will be sold separately for around $60-100.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #1745
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

No surprise here. Rumor that Titanfall 2 will not be X1 exclusive.

Report: EA lands deal for Titanfall 2, sequel won't be Microsoft exclusive | Polygon

Leaked pics of next Assassin's Creed game. May be what Sun Tzu was talking about.

Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

Current numbers on PS4 camera sales. Would explain why it's been nearly as tough to find as the console for the first few months.

PS4 Camera "severely supply constrained" - GameSpot
Old 03-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #1746
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No VR device for PS4 this year...

PS4's Project Morpheus VR device won't launch in 2014, $1000 price point unlikely - GameSpot
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 AM   #1747
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I am very tempted to get an Oculus Rift devkit2 when they come out this July, especially if Star Citizen releases something that's playable and entertaining by then.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #1748
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I am very tempted to get an Oculus Rift devkit2 when they come out this July, especially if Star Citizen releases something that's playable and entertaining by then.

It's amazing how different the paths have been for Oculus Rift vs. Morpheus. Oculus has been out in front of the public for some time now as it moves towards a release. I was shocked to see that Sony actually has been developing Morpheus longer than Oculus, yet this is the first time we officially hear about it.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #1749
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

one thing is for certain, it won't sell for $1000. They can price it like that if they want to.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #1750
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
one thing is for certain, it won't sell for $1000. They can price it like that if they want to.

Reports from yesterday said $200-300 was expected retail.