Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1701
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yep better late than never. And its a roguelike so you can play it over and over again even if you win

And keep playing until you get all 1225 achievements.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #1702
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
And keep playing until you get all 1225 achievements.
Good God. That's a bit overkill. But whatever floats you're boat.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #1703
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I wonder if they will have AC4 for the PC on sale then?

Hey Bucc, GMG sent out a code for 30% off of a plethora of games, and AC4 was one of them. Use this code: TAREM-598HC-6O8XK
It expires Thursday.

Exp

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #1704
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Hey Bucc, GMG sent out a code for 30% off of a plethora of games, and AC4 was one of them. Use this code: TAREM-598HC-6O8XK
It expires Thursday.

Exp

Thank you but dumb question, how does GMG work compared to Steam?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #1705
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Thank you but dumb question, how does GMG work compared to Steam?

You know, I've only used it a couple of times, and when I have I've gotten Steam codes, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. I know a few other guys have used it quite often though. I figure it's probably as good as any other platform that isn't Steam.

Like Steam?

Old 12-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #1706
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've got the same experience as PilotMan. Only used them a couple of times, each time was given a Steam code, loaded up Steam and downloaded the game.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #1707
mckerney
Coordinator

You probably won't get a Steam key for AC4. Most Ubisoft games you'll just get a key for UPlay, Ubisoft's Steamlike platform.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1708
PilotMan
Head Coach

You're right. It's not a steam key.

Like Steam?

Old 12-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #1709
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
While it has the typical trappings of any F2P type of game, Might and Magic: Duel of Champions has sort of a M:TG and Summoner Wars vibe to it.

This isn't a bad little card game at all. I've played it off and on for short stints over the last few weeks, but I got stuck in a tutorial part with not having enough money to buy something, and I didn't feel like figuring out how to get more of what I needed without buying it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #1710
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
This isn't a bad little card game at all. I've played it off and on for short stints over the last few weeks, but I got stuck in a tutorial part with not having enough money to buy something, and I didn't feel like figuring out how to get more of what I needed without buying it.

I've been consistently playing it. I have stepped away from the campaign to try other ways to play and have done some online matches against players. I was buying smaller packs and stopped long enough to horde up to get the cheapest box they had. I would love to save up for a new starter deck, but those things are costly as hell. There are cards based on ice, but yet I see no ice based deck. I want that so bad. I got up to level 3 with only subbing in a few new cards. Since I got the box, I'll go back and edit more. Just dumping some of the crap cards and putting in good ones and emphasizing what your deck is about really helps.

Until I got stuck on a campaign match, I had lost once. I had a couple close calls as my life would go down to 3-5 with their health being vastly untouched. I had a couple matches that I thought might get drawn out enough to where we ran out of cards and thus would lose a point of damage when we couldn't draw a card, but I eventually overtook my opponent. The campaign match was...not fun. Pure weeny spam that take 1/2 damage from non-magical sources. The deck literally could produce 1-3 creatures per turn and often was putting out 2. I have a Stronghold deck so I have some big creatures, but I was getting nailed too fast to get a foothold. It took me five matches before I had a good enough early draw to finally hold off the initial offense.

I fear what high end decks are like. Lightning Bolt is a staple for taking out a bigger creature. 4 "mana" cost with needing 4 of the vales as a requirement to do 6 damage. Well, Father Sky's Wrath bumps those requirements to 5s but returns target enemy creature to owner's hand and then does 6 damage to all enemy flying creatures. I also got one of the towers that enchants a creature with Infect 3(poison counters) and if they are a Necro creature, they get 2 regen. The 3 "mana" cost is the highest requirement for it. Oh dear God, I just realized the fire based creatures can hit multiple targets. If Infect goes on all of them...

I would recommend some non-campaign matches. My first online match I won 20-0 which is both encouraging and depressing depending on how you are looking at it.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #1711
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just noticed Wasteland 2 is out on steam, early access version, though by all accounts it is pretty polished. Price is a bit steep, but it is definitely on my must buy list. Anyone else playing it at the moment?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #1712
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Just noticed Wasteland 2 is out on steam, early access version, though by all accounts it is pretty polished. Price is a bit steep, but it is definitely on my must buy list. Anyone else playing it at the moment?

Wasteland 2 beta review • Reviews • PC • Eurogamer.net

Quote:
Even so, it's tough to recommend buying into the beta at this point - but not because of anything Wasteland 2 really does wrong. It's more because, like all narrative-led games, you're only going to get one first playthrough, and it makes sense to wait until it's the best it can be. A final release date has yet to be set, but fans have already waited 25 years for a Wasteland sequel. Holding on a few more months makes sense and shouldn't hurt too much, especially with the hardest of the hardcore already on board, drilling into the systems and feeding back suggestions and complaints and bug reports over on the official forums.

What the beta does offer, though, is the best evidence so far that inXile is on the right track here. Already, Wasteland 2 has the spirit of the original firmly in place, and puts its designers' Kickstarted money where their mouths were during the campaign in terms of how it's been updated and to what extent. This game is more than a little clunky and certainly isn't a looker, but is leaving no stone unturned to be both the sequel that Wasteland deserves and a great RPG in its own right. That's what was promised. That's what seems to be on its way. That's what counts more than anything else, and I eagerly await the rest.

It will also be much cheaper once it's released. I have it through Kickstarter and have only gone through character creating and then played around in game to get a feel for in for about 5 minutes for the reasons listed above.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1713
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

And thus ends the beginner's luck phase of my Might and Magic playing. Three straight online loses starting with a higher ranked dude, nearly double my points, telling me to go back to my ancestors and then followed up by two 20-0 shutouts and this being after I tweaked my deck for the better. And yes, fire based decks are going to be a bitch to face.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #1714
oykib
College Starter

The Humble Bundle Store has Europa Universalis IV for $9.99. It activates on Steam. You can also get it DRM-free for PC, Mac or Linux.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #1715
oykib
College Starter

DOLA

Actually, I just got it and had to redeem it on Steam. No DRM-free version.
The key on the product page is misleading. Still only $10 though.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #1716
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure that Paradox games on Steam are DRM free.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #1717
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Isn't Steam a form of DRM?
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #1718
mckerney
Coordinator

No. Steam is a distribution platform that has a built in form of DRM called CEG. Not all games on Steam use CEG though.

Last edited by mckerney : 12-17-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #1719
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib View Post
The Humble Bundle Store has Europa Universalis IV for $9.99. It activates on Steam. You can also get it DRM-free for PC, Mac or Linux.

Thanks, I had been wanting to get this!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #1720
gstelmack
Pro Starter

A warning about phishing attempts: my wife just got one of those "your Steam account is being accessed from a new computer, here's the code" emails, except that it was to her work account (not the email she has with Steam), but it also has a subtle wording change to open the attached HTML access report if it was not a legit request. Pretty sure the ones I've received don't have attached HTML, but this was a pretty convincing phishing attempt. Luckily she's smart enough to ask me first.

Keep an eye out.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #1721
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
A warning about phishing attempts: my wife just got one of those "your Steam account is being accessed from a new computer, here's the code" emails, except that it was to her work account (not the email she has with Steam), but it also has a subtle wording change to open the attached HTML access report if it was not a legit request. Pretty sure the ones I've received don't have attached HTML, but this was a pretty convincing phishing attempt. Luckily she's smart enough to ask me first.

Keep an eye out.

Very very interesting.

Yes - the legit ones definitely don't have HTML attachments.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #1722
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

Mid to late level 3 and certainly in level 4 is where the repeated kicking of your nads starts happening. It was pretty newbie friendly up to that point. Campaign is one 20-0 sweep after another. My last match was sealed within 5 rounds at most. You have to deal with creature spam one way or another. You just kind of have to get lucky with online opponents. You could be matched up against a new player or somebody who has been getting their butt kicked as of late but has at least worked on their deck a bit, which means if you are the newbie, cover your nads. So depending on how far you got, I see your point of view. I feel far away from having a competent deck for where the game is asking me to be.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #1723
Ryan S
Quarterback

Steam winter sale has started.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #1724
Ryan S
Quarterback

If you are after Arkham Origins, don't buy it from Steam.

Green Man Gaming has it at 50% off, plus another 20% with the code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #1725
mckerney
Coordinator

Also don't but Burial at Sea Episode 1 on its own, the Bioshock Infinite season pass that has both episodes and the arena DLC is cheaper.

Last edited by mckerney : 12-19-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #1726
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like they fixed the price of the season pass. Thought I saw it at $5, clicked on it and it was $20. $5 didn't make sense for me, for reasons stated, was going to jump all over it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #1727
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Amazon games sale is on too.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #1728
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Looks like they fixed the price of the season pass. Thought I saw it at $5, clicked on it and it was $20. $5 didn't make sense for me, for reasons stated, was going to jump all over it.

I grabbed it as soon is it was up cause I thought that might be the case. Glad I got it when I could, thank goodness for the Steam app.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #1729
PilotMan
Head Coach

Cross Post from my announcement in the FOFC Steam group.

FOFC is a great place and a great resource, but here on Steam we have the ability to chat in realtime. The room has been there for some time, but I really hadn't thought about it until recently. This group has been around for quite some time, and for the most part we are pretty familiar with one another. Why not use it more?

So with the start of the Winter Sale I invite whoever is around and wants to stop in and say hi. No big deal. I plan of at least being in the room and having it open when I can. It can be a place to discuss sales, arrange gaming sessions, to trade cards or bitch about whatever is on your mind. No pressure, just an extra place to call home.

Like Steam?

Old 12-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #1730
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is on a Community's Choice sale for 80% off ($1.39) for the next five hours. What a steal

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-21-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #1731
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cloudsync absolutely fucking sucks. Steam can lick my hairy balls.

I'm so fucking tired of it.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #1732
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Cloudsync absolutely fucking sucks. Steam can lick my hairy balls.

I'm so fucking tired of it.

you can disconnect it. right click on the game in your library and pull up properties and updates.

Or settings/cloud and disable too.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-21-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #1733
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
you can disconnect it. right click on the game in your library and pull up properties and updates.

Yeah - I think I'm going to have to. It's just unacceptably horrible. Looking at console - I see it connecting, and then a message saying "updating...status busy. updating complete...status busy" and then it never bothers to actually try again??

That's just fucking...shoddy.

And that's just one example. Lots of times now it's not even picking up the savegame files. Hell - I created a new file to try to get that to sync, and it didn't even "see" it.

Keep getting some message about some texture file being missing or invalid. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Steam on both machines in question.

It's just ridiculous that it's that unreliable IMO.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #1734
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've had massive problems with it and Walking Dead. Lost too much playing time over it.

Like Steam?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #1735
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah. I just sent them an angry support message about it.

It's a POS really at this point.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #1736
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

i crafted the Snow Globe badge and got a rare "The War on Smissmas Battle Socks" which goes for $6.00 on the marketplace, but unfortunately can't sell it on the marketplace. Has anyone else crafted a Snow Globe badge and if so is your redeemed item marketable?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #1737
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

No Snow Globe badge for me yet, but the sale has rekindled my interest in badges, as well as made me realise that I haven't received a booster pack since the summer sale. Has anyone had any of those over the past few months?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #1738
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Just got one this morning.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #1739
Grover
Pro Starter

I've got 1 and 5.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #1740
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
i crafted the Snow Globe badge and got a rare "The War on Smissmas Battle Socks" which goes for $6.00 on the marketplace, but unfortunately can't sell it on the marketplace. Has anyone else crafted a Snow Globe badge and if so is your redeemed item marketable?

I crafted a snow globe badge and got Santa's Hat mkIII. That was tradeable and marketable. Don't know why you can't market yours.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #1741
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

is there anything useful that I can do with these globes and cards and stuff?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1742
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I crafted a snow globe badge and got Santa's Hat mkIII. That was tradeable and marketable. Don't know why you can't market yours.

Advice i got on steam forum is if it is a Team Fortress item, you need to download and install Team Fortress first.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #1743
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
is there anything useful that I can do with these globes and cards and stuff?

Sell them. I've got 3-4 games for free off selling the cards in the marketplace.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #1744
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've probably made a solid 15 bucks selling cards since they introduced them. Minimal effort, usually .10 to .20 a pop. I've sold them upwards of .50 to .75. Then the cash just sits in your account and is applied towards your next purchase.

Last edited by jeff061 : 12-23-2013 at 02:15 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #1745
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Sell them. I've got 3-4 games for free off selling the cards in the marketplace.

I sell them too as i did't see any other useful thing about them, but i wonder why others are buying them from me, what is it's use?

Last edited by Icy : 12-23-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #1746
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I sell them too as i did't see any other useful thing about them, but i wonder why others are buying them from me, what is it's use?

They use them to craft badges, which in turn raises their "Steam level." Not sure what Steam level does for anything, though.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #1747
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
They use them to craft badges, which in turn raises their "Steam level." Not sure what Steam level does for anything, though.

Higher Steam level increases your chances of getting free card drops. Plus, it increases your nerd-cred. So, bottom-line: sell them.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #1748
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I missed the first day, were Fallout 3/New Vegas on a deep discount that day? Those are basically the only other games I have interest in during this sale.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1749
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Do you think Assassin's Creed IV will go on sale before Christmas? If it's after, it wouldn't be more than 10%, would it?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #1750
Thomkal
Head Coach

If you don't have skyrim yet, its on a flash sale for 8 hours for 75% off ($7.49)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote