Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #1701
Autumn
Head Coach

I presume though that they could still try to kill Pass and that might prevent him from releasing the prisoner. And since we're not sure about the Dark One that makes it still dicey.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #1702
Danny
Head Coach

You guys are really boring
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #1703
hoopsguy
General Manager

zzz
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #1704
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 5 Lynch Vote(What I have atleast):

Lathum Lynch - 11 - Jackal (1510), Autumn (1514), USFL (1526), BK (1546), MartinD (1602), Path (1608), Abe (1614), Saldana (1649), RendeR (1676), Leriuqs (1682), CR (1685),

Lathun Jail - 1 - SnDvls (1565),

Barkeep49 Jail - 1 - Pass (1607)

Yet to Vote: Lathum
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #1705
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I could make this interesting and just day kill everyone that is alive and turn all the dead into zombies. Not sure where we could go from there but I'm sure it would be fun.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #1706
Autumn
Head Coach

That's a great surprise game concept. Everyone who got killed early ends up playing instead.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #1707
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Imagine if we had voted to jail me. Then we just would have done this again tomorrow (or Monday, whatever) in lynching Lathum. So thank God we went with this.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #1708
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I'm sure you'll be protected tonight Chief...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #1709
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
I'm sure you'll be protected tonight Chief...

Well, it's the only thing to hope for, really, at this point.

I would offer up scan choices for discussion, but I would rather not give anything away to the wolves.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #1710
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This is ending tonight, isn't it?

Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #1711
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This is ending tonight, isn't it?

huh?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #1712
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Processing
Old 06-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #1713
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 5 Final Vote Count:

Lathum Lynch - 11 - Jackal (1510), Autumn (1514), USFL (1526), BK (1546), MartinD (1602), Path (1608), Abe (1614), Saldana (1649), RendeR (1676), Leriuqs (1682), CR (1685),

Lathun Jail - 1 - SnDvls (1565),

Barkeep49 Jail - 1 - Pass (1607)

Did Not Vote: Lathum
Old 06-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #1714
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
huh?

I meant the day was ending tonight, not going into the weekend. Was surprised to not see anything yet from dubb at 20-something after. But he's working it now, so everything seems to be good.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #1715
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As the day comes to an end the stench of death blows through Metou. The people of Metou set their sights on Lathum. It was Lathum who had led the charge against Kwhit and put blood on the hands of every citizen of Metou. That night on the side of the dirt road you all lost what was left of your innocence. For this you have decided that Lathum must pay.

You find Lathum in the oddest of places. You find him in the Brotherhood of the Sword Sanctuary. He appears to be the leader of this band of noble bounty hunters. The Brotherhood of the Sword stand up for the citizens of Metou when all seems to be lost, they fight for justice when even justice itself is unwilling to fight. Surely he can’t be a follower of The Dark One. It seems you have made a mistake, but it is much too late to correct this one. Lathum must pay.

The mob is bloodthirsty. Lathum, trapped in the Sanctuary with nowhere to run, stands his ground and fights. His brothers stand next to him. By the time night has fallen one of the worst atrocities in the history of Metou has occurred. The entire Brotherhood of the Sword has been slain. Will this ever end?

You search Lathum’s office and are shocked to find that the Brotherhood of the Sword has actually been in league with The Dark One all along. If The Dark One had this noble band of heroes under his wing his power must be even greater than you could have ever imagined.

Lathum was Captain of Brotherhood of the Sword and a follower of The Dark One

Quote:
The Brotherhood of the Sword is a group of bounty hunters that are well known and respected in Metou. No one suspects the Brotherhood of being in line with The Dark One. For game purposes you are a vanilla wolf.

Day 5 has come to an end. Night 5 has begun. Night actions are due by 4p EST Saturday.

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia - Elected King Day 3
8. Telle - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 4
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn
12. Lathum - Lynched Day 5, Follower of The Dark One
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo - Diffama Fabula - Killed Night 3
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit - Lynched Day 4, Vanilla Villager
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #1716
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, well, he wasn't the Cultist. That calls the COT into question a bit, especially if the Dark One is back.

That doesn't mean I am ready to buy that any of those I have scanned are bad, but it will have to be something we keep in mind as we move forward.

The good news is, the wolves clearly still don't know crap about the bodyguard.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #1717
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Chief, if you're around, has BK been scanned?
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #1718
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't really get Lathum's role. He was just a wolf, and the Brotherhood stuff is just flavor? Or does that mean something?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #1719
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't really get Lathum's role. He was just a wolf, and the Brotherhood stuff is just flavor? Or does that mean something?

He was a vanilla wolf. The Brotherhood was flavor.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #1720
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

that's what it looks like, dubb does say that he was a vanilla wolf
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #1721
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
Chief, if you're around, has BK been scanned?

Not by me.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #1722
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm wondering if Lathum put heat on BK on day one to make it look like they were on different sides, then laid off of him after day one because he didn't want to get a fellow wolf in trouble. It's a long shot, but something I think we need to look at a bit.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #1723
path12
Coordinator

Might as well toss a trust list out there:

Trust
Chief
Abe
Autumn
path12

Mostly Trust
Pass

Neutral/No read
Martin D
USFLTechmo
SnDvls
The Jackal

Wonder About
saldana
Barkeep49
lerriuqs
RendeR
Old 06-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #1724
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, well I'm mostly out until tomorrow night probably. I'll try to catch up when I can.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #1725
saldana
Pro Starter

better than we thought...lying furry SOB.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 AM   #1726
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I do think we need to ask ourselves whey Lathum makes this play then. Why trade himself for KWhit? To draw out the seer? That's why he sacrificed himself? I feel like there has to be something else behind the play besides that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #1727
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I do think we need to ask ourselves whey Lathum makes this play then. Why trade himself for KWhit? To draw out the seer? That's why he sacrificed himself? I feel like there has to be something else behind the play besides that.

It's definitely not a move you'd expect by the "World's Greatest Wolf" -- maybe he was going to be busy next week and figured he'd mess up some stuff before dying? Or maybe he just wanted to see if he could out the seer and the BG. I can't really think of much more than that.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #1728
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am going to be at a family lunch when the deadline hits, so don't expect any announcements from me right at deadline. I will be home shortly after, though, probably within an hour after. Should I survive, of course, I will reveal my scan choice and the result.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #1729
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

I donno, he's Lathum, he probably figured he'd be scanned by day 5 and wanted to get something out of being a vanilla wolf.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #1730
The Jackal
Coordinator

He got a random person out of the game, focused two lynches away from meaningful discussion, and the seer revealed, and the BG was probably even thinking about it, I'd say that's solid reasoning for making that play
Old 06-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #1731
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Deadline
Old 06-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1732
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As morning comes you can't get last night out of your mind. You can't believe what your mob did to the Brotherhood, alas it had to be done. The Brotherhood had become corrupted. You grab your morning paper and are not surprised by the headline:

Brotherhood of the Dark One

You can't read the story. You don't want to be reminded of last night. Just then there is a knock on your door. It's the local sheriff and his men. As you open the door they barge in. You are asked several strange questions as they take it upon themselves to quickly search your entire house. As they go to leave to realize that your entire house is a mess. “Wait!” You scream as they are leaving. “What is this about?”

“The King.......he is dead. We must find out who did this.” With this news your heart sinks. King Pass is dead. The sheriff and his men leave.

Later in the morning you learn the gruesome details surrounding Passacaglia's death. He was found this morning frozen solid. It was a most unusual death. You learn that law enforcement from all around Metou are currently rounding up all the mages they can find to bring them in for questioning.

Passacaglia was Arbitro and your elected King

Quote:
You are Arbitro. If you are attacked by The Dark One you will not only fight him to a draw, you will learn the identity of The Dark One. However, if a follower of The Dark One attacks you they will kill you.

Night 5 has ended. Day 6 has Begun. King Election Deadline 7p EST Monday. Day 6 Ends 11p EST Monday

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia - Elected King Day 3, Killed Night 5, Arbitro
8. Telle - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 4
9. The Jackal
10. Danny - Lord Righteous, Killed Night 2
11. Autumn
12. Lathum - Lynched Day 5, Follower of The Dark One
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo - Diffama Fabula - Killed Night 3
18. Tyrith - The Dark One, Duked Day 2 by Schmidty
19. path12
20. KWhit - Lynched Day 4, Vanilla Villager
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1, Killed Day 2 by Tyrith, Vanilla Villager

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-16-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #1733
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sweet
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #1734
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Peace out all. Bring it home!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #1735
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to see Pass gone, although we all knew it was just a matter of time.

Interesting result from the scan.

I could not get a read on saldana. The point was made that I tried numerous times over the course of the night, and simply couldn't get a read on him. Thoughts?

Old 06-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #1736
RendeR
Coordinator

Hrm, well Pass was an obvious target because he really couldn't defend himself, nor would the BG bother protecting him. I'm not sure what it gains the wolves though?

It forces a new election, so that alone adds to the confusion, perhaps that was the reason? along with solid assurance he wouldn't be protected at all?

Chief have you had that result on anyone else? Even something like "you tried multiple times before getting a result"?

Saldana jumps into the target as, at the very least, a jailing target for the night. Thoughts on anyone else?

I'm on the side of jailing instead of lynching since at least we got Abe BACK. Unlike the chances of doing so with a lynch vote.

Lynching has its place, but without MORE information that place is not today. Without knowing more I present that jailing is the first best option and with CR's results I would suggest jailing Saldana.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #1737
RendeR
Coordinator

Although I remember that Sal is the strongest presenter for lynching...would you rather we just lynch you Sal instead of pushing for a Jail vote? =)
Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #1738
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Chief have you had that result on anyone else? Even something like "you tried multiple times before getting a result"?

Nope. First time my PM was more than a sentence, and usually a simple one at that. You can probably figure out how those sentences generally went.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #1739
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think it is fairly obvious the BG would have protected me last night.

So I hope the BG was thinking second level and didn't protect me. Then when the wolves come calling again, they might be in for a nasty surprise.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #1740
RendeR
Coordinator

Just strange that you wouldn't get a read at all on Saldana. IF the dark one is back he is both cunning and brutal, so the cunning skill would give you a false reading, not an empty one. So we're looking at some other sort of back-end mechanic at work here.

This does not please me at all.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #1741
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Although I remember that Sal is the strongest presenter for lynching...would you rather we just lynch you Sal instead of pushing for a Jail vote? =)

I think I might be the strongest pro-lynch person so far. Barkeep and sal are up there as well though.

I might be able to be talked into a jail vote today. We'll see.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #1742
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just strange that you wouldn't get a read at all on Saldana. IF the dark one is back he is both cunning and brutal, so the cunning skill would give you a false reading, not an empty one. So we're looking at some other sort of back-end mechanic at work here.

This does not please me at all.

Yeah, I checked the rules. They are pretty clear the Dark One comes back as light aura.

Personally, I still think the Dark One is gone for good. I think dubb's just introducing flavor really.

I would prefer to lynch today.

I will be curious to see what saldana has to say. There is nothing in the rules that states a role that would explain my being unable to get a read on him.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #1743
Autumn
Head Coach

Interesting result, Chief. glad to see you still among us. I wonder if the cultist could give you that reading? particularly if he is in the process of converting or some such.

In addition it could have been some interference. If Saldana was out doing something at night, or if someone else was doing something to him.

Those are my thoughts. Seems worth jailing him to me.

And what about King? Do we King Chief to make it easier for the BG?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #1744
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting result, Chief. glad to see you still among us. I wonder if the cultist could give you that reading? particularly if he is in the process of converting or some such.

In addition it could have been some interference. If Saldana was out doing something at night, or if someone else was doing something to him.

Those are my thoughts. Seems worth jailing him to me.

And what about King? Do we King Chief to make it easier for the BG?

How does that make it easier for the BG? The king can be killed as easily as anyone (aka Pass is dead) and if he protected CR last night he still can't protect him tonight, right?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #1745
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't know what to make about your scan, CR. I'd be on board with putting sal in jail.

As for king.. CR is the most trusted but he's clearly going to be a target, whether or not the BG pulled the guard bluff off, so I think we can choose from one of the people he's scanned.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #1746
The Jackal
Coordinator

Are we still worried about Abe having a chance of being the cultist since Lathum wasn't it? I think my vote leans towards path at the moment for the next king.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #1747
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Are we still worried about Abe having a chance of being the cultist since Lathum wasn't it? I think my vote leans towards path at the moment for the next king.

I disagree, I think Abe's role has been established and we should look towards him for King. With the cultist still out there, I'm not sure we can totally trust Autumn or Path at this point...
Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #1748
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
I disagree, I think Abe's role has been established and we should look towards him for King. With the cultist still out there, I'm not sure we can totally trust Autumn or Path at this point...

Fair enough. What did we establish his role as, just someone who can spring someone one time from prison?
Old 06-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #1749
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Remind me has Abe been scanned? I'm inclined to let someone who has been scanned (vs not having a contested role claim) be king.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:09 PM   #1750
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Fair enough. What did we establish his role as, just someone who can spring someone one time from prison?

Yes. And that doesn't seem like something that would be within that cultist role...