mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ehhh. Oscar the grouch...

Post count!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #1702
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Does it sit well with me Mau? No, not at all, as I said above I can't see how attacking Zinto for unknown gain when a wolf could NK him assuming he's good and gets a huge attack bonus is a better move than attacking the top 1-2 wolf candidates right now instead.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #1703
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1700

Keyser: Melisandre
Melisandre: Keyser
Dwight: Mal, Jayne
Oscar: Athena, Dwight
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #1704
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinto
Originally Posted by Zinto
I think if you are going just by what has happened in the game you have:

DV-Most likely a neutral character

Jag, Jackal, NTN, Eagle, and Schmidty All have not been scanned and have not done anything to prove theirselves as villagers or wolves

Zinto, Mauboy, and Chubby-Have performed an action either clearing someone or do some action against the wolves

Autumn-Blocked for hoops and attacked by wolves

Barkeep-100% clear in my book since I soothseyed(I believe that is what it is called) him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
This closely mimics my tiers that I have so it saves me some time from having to type everything out (tho it's not exact).

I don't think it's worth our time to vote DV and I think our last wolf is in the next tier (with ntn already being exposed and killed).

I brought this up yesterday and a little this morning (didn't want to get into it too much as it was still predeadline when I had to leave for work) but Jag is at the top of my list right now for what seems like to me, trying to stall ntn's death. He seems to have a lockon onto Jackal like he has information but he has admitted he doesn't.

This in no way means I have any confidence in Jackal, just that Jag's action ping me higher than Jackal and the other's in that tier.

Jag used the bomb on ntn at night but then wouldn't vote for him. He also would not budge even when it was clear the village thought the best course of action was to ensure ntn's death. If he had been on ntn then switched late to try and get a 2nd target, it would have pinged me a lot less than his actual actions did.

my $0.02

Super Grover 2.0 attacks Melisandre of Asshai
Oscar the Grouch attacks Melisandre of Asshai

this is by no means set in stone but he is at the top of my list with the information we have currently.

What has changed from yesterday besides being led astray from a good plan (we had yesterday)?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #1705
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I really don't think we should be wasting attacks on Zinto. I don't see any potential benefit outweighing the opportunity costs of having those attacks directed elsewhere.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #1706
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I really don't think we should be wasting attacks on Zinto. I don't see any potential benefit outweighing the opportunity costs of having those attacks directed elsewhere.

Agreed, as I also said above I think we would need DV to do it anyways which I haven't seen him post today.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #1707
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
What has changed from yesterday besides being led astray from a good plan (we had yesterday)?

My tier post really where not my definite thought on where people should be placed more so it was a post to help DV know where people stood so he could make a quick decision on who he wanted to vote for without the bias of my thoughts. It doesn't even take into account voting record.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #1708
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Fair enough. I'll drop that idea.

mal and jayne unattack dwight
mal and Jayne attack keyser soze
Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #1709
Zinto
College Starter

I am not one hundred percent on you Chubby and there is a decent chance I can be convinced to move my vote. Also like yesterday if the majority wants to go after a different candidate I will move my vote once again.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #1710
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Can I suggest you attack super grover instead?

Yep

Dwight unattacks Oscar
Dwight attacks Super Grover
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #1711
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know why I'm going with jag after being sure he was a wolf. I may have to look into this some more when I get home. But for now we'll leave as is.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #1712
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Has anything changed from yesterday? You have confirmation that Scmidty is good, someone Jackal voted for twice. EF is dead, so he probably isn't deserving of suspicion anymore.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #1713
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chubby:

To answer your question nothing has changed except the weight I'm willing to give to your attack on the Dormouse. That to me is the only concrete action which you deserve credit for. As we've talked about with Zinto and me, a wolf clearing a villager is an easy action. Especially when the wolves then take out that cleared player. I also think a wolf killing another wolf character, without killing the player, is a way to build trust early on. In a wolf attacks wolf scenario, no matter which player gets killed first, the attacker or the attackee, the other can claim that it shows his innocence as you do now. Yesterday I was willing to give you some credit when I thought there was a better alternative to attacking you. I don't see a better alternative in JAG/Jackal personally hence the reason I'm back onto you.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #1714
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think there's much we can do about the following but I would like some opinions on it:

DV has 3 missed votes, 1 invalid vote and 3 attacks.

So far the only reasons against me seem to be "gut" feeling whereas other people with actual reasons against them seem to be getting a free pass, why?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #1715
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think there's much we can do about the following but I would like some opinions on it:

DV has 3 missed votes, 1 invalid vote and 3 attacks.

So far the only reasons against me seem to be "gut" feeling whereas other people with actual reasons against them seem to be getting a free pass, why?
Because we tried attacking him for two days and he took no damage. He then claimed a neutral role. It seemed like a waste of attacks to continue to attack someone who takes no damage.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #1716
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

With jag meaning with his plan.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #1717
Zinto
College Starter

If we attack DV we can not hurt him. I really doubt he is a wolf since I do not think that Danny would unbalance the game in such a way, unless we also had a character like that on our side. It would be a waste to attack him again.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #1718
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Has anything changed from yesterday? You have confirmation that Scmidty is good, someone Jackal voted for twice. EF is dead, so he probably isn't deserving of suspicion anymore.

All of which implicates me how? That's where I'm having the problem seeing it as anything but a wolf play to changed the focus onto me or some reason.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #1719
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
If we attack DV we can not hurt him. I really doubt he is a wolf since I do not think that Danny would unbalance the game in such a way, unless we also had a character like that on our side. It would be a waste to attack him again.

I'm not concerned with why people aren't voting him, I've said myself that's why I haven't and why we shouldn't. I'm curious as to why there has been almost no discussion (at least since early on) of his lack of votes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #1720
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think he's actually claimed a neutral role, but he's been attacked by villagers and presumably wolves (a special attack one time, Dracula?) and it seems like that's the niche he fills.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #1721
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not concerned with why people aren't voting him, I've said myself that's why I haven't and why we shouldn't. I'm curious as to why there has been almost no discussion (at least since early on) of his lack of votes
What can we do about his lack of votes if we're not going to try and kill him?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 PM   #1722
Zinto
College Starter

His lack of participation is concerning but he has been on and voted the last three days so I can only assume he will be on and be able to vote once again today.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #1723
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
All of which implicates me how? That's where I'm having the problem seeing it as anything but a wolf play to changed the focus onto me or some reason.

It doesn't really I wouldn't think, unless you attacked Schmidty yesterday (can't recall if you did or not) But then I'm not advocating a vote on you, unless it's runoff after being sure we have enough to eliminate Jackal. I'm feeling pretty confident he's all that's left with his trying to play the 'wolf cleared a villager' card, which if I die before him he would have to pursue anyway.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #1724
Zinto
College Starter

I understand what Jag is saying about Jackal planting the seeds of how he would like to see the discussion go tomorrow but say we kill Jag today and see he is a villager I am 90% sure I would vote Jackal tomorrow or vice-versa.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #1725
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I understand what Jag is saying about Jackal planting the seeds of how he would like to see the discussion go tomorrow but say we kill Jag today and see he is a villager I am 90% sure I would vote Jackal tomorrow or vice-versa.

As much as I have said in the past I don't think it's an either/or kinda thing, I don't have an issue with this logic because I understand the argument. They are also the last 2 in my least trusted tier.

I am heading to an ice cream social with my wife and son but I'll be back a little later.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #1726
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Think about that Zinto. If the wolf isn't Jackal, why hasn't the wolf pushed to kill him, knowing it would mean another villager in myself would likely go down tomorrow? Why did Jackal not want to come after me initially? Because it would put him in the situation you're describing.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1727
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Think about that Zinto. If the wolf isn't Jackal, why hasn't the wolf pushed to kill him, knowing it would mean another villager in myself would likely go down tomorrow? Why did Jackal not want to come after me initially? Because it would put him in the situation you're describing.

Or.. you are a wolf pushing to kill me. That doesn't mean you'd be the next lynch. Multiple people have said they think this might be villager-villager. I'm tired at this point, my death probably doesn't cost us the game at this point, so if you've convinced enough people to follow you, so be it.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #1728
Zinto
College Starter

I am honestly confused on where I want to go. I am waiting on Mau to figure out if he wants to stay on Jackal and then hopefully we can get some input from DV one way or the other. If Mau stays on Jackal that is more then likely where I will end up also.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #1729
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Or.. you are a wolf pushing to kill me.

Well, that's not an argument to sway me at least.

I know what you mean re: being tired of it. If you really are a villager I will offer profuse apologies for what it's worth and congratulate the wolf / wolves for a job well done.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #1730
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well.. I'm not sure either. I can't imagine super Grover will have more than 5 HP so if we can find out how much AP cthulu has then maybe I can switch to Grover with if he can't cover it and ten you can switch to jackal.. I guess I'm assuming you have higher AP than my two.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #1731
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So I'm assuming Athena can cover grouch on her own. Probably only needs to be 3 HP since its not super grouch. 3 HP is what I got for each three.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #1732
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah assuming I have more attack power then your characters is probably not correct. I only have one attack power.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #1733
Zinto
College Starter

Which is part of the reason I really wanted that attack power boost since I am pretty weak.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #1734
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

back from the ice cream social, YUM!

i thought i had voted earlier but I don't see it

Super Grover attacks Melisandre of Asshai
Oscar the Grouch attacks Melisandre of Asshai

If I was a wolf and the village was onto me yesterday, I'd be trying to change the conversation ASAP. I think that is what is going on here, there's been no revelations to change people's trust levels from yesterday so I see no reason to change.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #1735
Zinto
College Starter

With Chubby's vote we are getting to the point where we maybe stretched to thin. We still have time but we are going to need some consolidation before the deadline or we aren't going to have a lynch once again.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #1736
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
With Chubby's vote we are getting to the point where we maybe stretched to thin. We still have time but we are going to need some consolidation before the deadline or we aren't going to have a lynch once again.

Well I'm clearly not voting for myself

For the villagers out there, don't let the wolves cloud the argument, there must be a reason they're trying to change gears from yesterday. Yes, this is the same argument I used to say people should stay on ntn and not switch.

My $0.02
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #1737
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

and one last argument before dinner:

why, if I was really the last wolf and ntn was the next to last wolf would I jump and vote for ntn right away on the day he was killed, stay on him all day, and convince others to stay on him? I wouldn't have if I was a wolf, I would have at minimum let the day play out and see if there was a way to survive...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #1738
Zinto
College Starter

Well I am willing to move off you for now Chubby. I do not agree with you that Jag is a better target then Jackal though so I am going to move on to him.

Unattack Grover
Attack Keyser
Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #1739
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne unattack keyser soze
mal and Jayne attack super grover

BK. Might I suggest having you attack super Grover if your AP is over three? Then zinto and I can switch to grouch. If Grover is more super than grouch (more than three HP) then Dwight and my two will not be able to kill him
Old 07-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #1740
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

LOL nice timing.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #1741
Danny
Head Coach

As of 1740

Keyser: Melisandre, Dwight
Melisandre: Keyser, Super Grover, Oscar
Oscar: Athena
Grover: Mal, Jayne
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #1742
Barkeep49
Coordinator

My attack is only 1. I am not very powerful in that regard.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #1743
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

OI
Old 07-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #1744
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

mal and Jayne unattack super grover
mal and Jayne attack keyser soze

Interesting to see Chubby and Jackal voting for JAG. Not sure wolves would be voting together in this situation as it would be too obvious... right?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #1745
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

But I guess it's not obvious who should be killed - I'm acting under the impression that Jackal is indeed a wolf. And then maybe JAG is too and they're just bantering back and forth to generate trust while the other one dies.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #1746
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well I'm clearly not voting for myself

For the villagers out there, don't let the wolves cloud the argument, there must be a reason they're trying to change gears from yesterday. Yes, this is the same argument I used to say people should stay on ntn and not switch.

My $0.02

Are you suggesting BK is a wolf since he is the one who brought up your name today? Otherwise I don't understand your point as I've attacked Jackal the past few days, which is hardly changing gears.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #1747
The Jackal
Coordinator

Can I ask why you've decided on me after saying you felt JAG was a wolf a day or two ago, mau?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #1748
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you suggesting BK is a wolf since he is the one who brought up your name today? Otherwise I don't understand your point as I've attacked Jackal the past few days, which is hardly changing gears.

I'm not suggesting anyone in particular is a wolf besides you based on your actions, which yes, may have been the actions of an over-zealous villager but make you more suspicious of the two of you and jackal (who are the last ones left in my lowest tier of trust).

I think the conversation was steered directly or indirectly away from yesterday's conversation. I doubt you would want the focus to remain on you, would you?
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #1749
Zinto
College Starter

Chubby I would not say that Jag tried to move the conversation away from him. After the deadline he said he was going to go after Jackal until one of them died. He also was against me voting for you today.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #1750
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby I would not say that Jag tried to move the conversation away from him. After the deadline he said he was going to go after Jackal until one of them died. He also was against me voting for you today.

I wouldn't and didn't say that either.

However, if I was in jag's shoes and other people were turning the focus away from me and yesterday do you think I'd be saying anything to get them back on point? He voted jackal and won't change, no matter what anyone says he isn't going to change his vote. Even when most people feel they have a wolf in their sites and its best to be unitied to ensure the kill (ntn) he still won't switch. That pings me in a huge way. We all have gut feelings but I'm going to act in the best interest of the village and not my gut.