Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #1751
Autumn
Head Coach

I sent you a raven yesterday, I think, Cersei, and have not heard back.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #1752
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I sent you a raven yesterday, I think, Cersei, and have not heard back.

I am not aware that I am at your beck and call Lord Stannis. As I mentioned at the time any messages sent late to me yesterday arrived too late for me to reply to them. I have my debt to pay off before I can give you my full consideration.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #1753
Autumn
Head Coach

I was simply informing you, as apparently several ravens have been lost in the crossing. I did not see your message saying you had messages you had not replied to. It seems your debt comes with an increase in attitude.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #1754
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I would remind anyone with passing interest in my council that I shall be unavailable later today. (ooc about 3pm EST to give me the chance to react).

This made me think that you were urging people to contact you soon, not to wait at your leisure.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #1755
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Stark banner has been seen passing through the Twins. It appears that an emissary is on his way to King's Landing and King Joffrey.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #1756
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

What am I playing at? I've been a victim of fate, or at best an unwitting accomplice. My head was in the hands of Robb Stark, and he has seen it fit to allow it to remain attached to my body in exchange for my services. He's an honorable man who kills only when necessary, as can be seen by taking a quick look at his dealings with Tywin Lannister, a man who no one expected to be in such a position after what happened to Eddard and Bran.

My desire is to live freely and die honorably and there is nowhere I am able to do that in greater capacity than with Robb. I'll bathe my sword in the blood of the men who would seek to kill him for personal gain.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #1757
Autumn
Head Coach

Kind of a big day. No one around?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #1758
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I am here. I would not miss the chance to see one or other of the forces that would ganged up on my son be motally wounded.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #1759
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm here. I'm just out birds.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #1760
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

of birds.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #1761
Danny
Head Coach

I have now heard from all four kingdoms. I have to say, I am less than impressed with two of you, but two of you have my ear.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #1762
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Forgive me brother but are there not five houses currently pursuing the crown? I guess Joffrey has absented himself from the race.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #1763
MrBug708
Head Coach

I suppose you are in no hurry Lord Tyrion?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #1764
Danny
Head Coach

hah! I would rather be a bannerman for a wild pack of sheep than that smuck Joffrey.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #1765
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I certainly wouldn't be wanting to commit myself before learning the result of the coming battle.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #1766
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Forgive me brother but are there not five houses currently pursuing the crown? I guess Joffrey has absented himself from the race.

Only two are pursuing the Iron Throne. Two are pursuing independence and the last is trying to maintain order.

Unless we are talking about the Targaryan girl. Then I'd be worried Cersei even if you both tend to sway both ways
Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #1767
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
hah! I would rather be a bannerman for a wild pack of sheep than that smuck Joffrey.

So you are joining the Ironmen?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1768
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Only two are pursuing the Iron Throne. Two are pursuing independence and the last is trying to maintain order.

Unless we are talking about the Targaryan girl. Then I'd be worried Cersei even if you both tend to sway both ways

I am confused. Which house is maintaining order? I presume that would be Joffrey - the rightful king of Westeros? I thought the Ironmen were seeking to convert us all to their dreary, aquatic god.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #1769
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I am confused. Which house is maintaining order? I presume that would be Joffrey - the rightful king of Westeros? I thought the Ironmen were seeking to convert us all to their dreary, aquatic god.

I cannot speak for Joffrey, but I would imagine that would be his goal. You do not do him many favors however.

I also do not speak for the Ironmen.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #1770
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You come back now, Karstark?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1771
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have not heard a response yet
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #1772
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #1773
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I cannot speak for Joffrey, but I would imagine that would be his goal. You do not do him many favors however.

I also do not speak for the Ironmen.

That seems to be exactly what you were presuming to do my lord.

Regarding Joffrey I am surprised but pleased to hear the Hand of Robb Stark admit that Joffrey is the rightful owner of the throne.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1774
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
That seems to be exactly what you were presuming to do my lord.

Regarding Joffrey I am surprised but pleased to hear the Hand of Robb Stark admit that Joffrey is the rightful owner of the throne.

You presume continue to presume too much. I was merely speaking as to who currently sits on the Iron Throne.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #1775
MrBug708
Head Coach

Strike the first presume...haha
Old 06-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #1776
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Ah.

My task has some solid news however. I will relay it once my current task is complete.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #1777
Zinto
College Starter

I am around now, don't worry your rightful king who has no one to call him so is back
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #1778
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
My other task has some solid news however. I will relay it once my current task is complete.

As to avoid confusion, fixed
Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #1779
Zinto
College Starter

There is a vote in 25 minutes right?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1780
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a quiet evening in the hills near Cracklaw Point.

A large contingent of King Stannis's army has settled down for the night, on the road from Duskendale to their destiny with fate at Maidenpool.

The fires die down to a low ember, and the volume of voices with them. The men have mostly settled down to sleep, knowing another hard day's march awaits them on the morrow.

A coursing wind from out in Blackwater Bay to the east brings the small of salt to the air... and hides the approach of quiet feet.

With bloodcurdling screams and hollers, all of a sudden the rocks and scrubby hills around the encampment come alive with motion!

Arrows whistle through the air, sentries falling clutching fletchings jutting out from their breastbones and gullets. Dark forms run trhough the camp, as Stannis's men start to stumble awake. The sounds of men dying fill the air.

Battle-hardened men wake quickly wehn death comes calling, so it is not long before the men of Dragonstone have gathered their wits and started to strike back. A small contingent of the raiders run toward the supply tent, where Stannis's treasury wagon lies. The guards are quickly killed, but before the raiders can break down the wagon door, Stannis's men are upon them! They drive them back!

The raiders are suddenly away, faster than they charged on the attack. Stannis's men made to follow before the commander called them back.

He could already see these raiders would not be found. They know the land too well.

KING STANNIS HAS BEATEN OFF A SNEAK ATTACK FROM THE MOUNTAIN MEN ALLIED TO TYRION LANNISTER!!!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #1781
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
There is a vote in 25 minutes right?

No. The vote is suspended for Day Eight, and will start again for Day Nine.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #1782
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well that was unexpected.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #1783
Autumn
Head Coach

Tyrion shows his allegiance already. A surprising move if not a wise one.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #1784
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well this is all very exciting unfortunately I shall have to retire to my chambers. I find myself thankful that the imp has left the keep. One presumes that Stannis' approaches were one of the ones that did not pass muster.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #1785
Autumn
Head Coach

Politely asking questions is not his way, it seems.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #1786
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, the die will soon to be cast for the realm. Anyone who chooses to put themselves into this battle risks losing a bannerman, and I can only hope that the penalty goes to those who deserve it. We will all certainly learn who can be trusted.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1787
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alea iacta est.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #1788
The Jackal
Coordinator

The watery depths shall feast upon salted blood and flesh tonight.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #1789
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

WAR!

War will be joined today at Maidenpool. The last chance for retreat or surrender is gone to either side. King Renly and his host gathers in the fortifications around Maidenpool, and King Stannis's men gather upon the scrubby hills ringing the town.

Battle will soon be joined. But will only two banners flutter in the wind today?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #1790
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The banners of House Baratheon of Storm's End fly over Maidenpool, and King Renly's mighty host has marched out upon the fields in front and about the town. The ships of Storm's End's fleet, a not insignificant number, sail back and forth in formation in Maidenpool's harbor, deep inside the Bay of Crabs.

King Stannis's men march out in tight formation, and make their way to their own line, just out of arrow shot. Battle will be joined shortly.

A massive fleet flying the Dragonstone colors sails somberly closer to the gathered Storms' End ships. Its size is formidable.

A call cries out from the crow's peak atop Ser Davos Seaworth's lead ship, pointing out sails from further out in the Bay of Crabs!

A lot of sails... the Drowned Man has arrived. House Greyjoy comes to fight--for whom does King Balon bring his unmatched fleet?

At nearly the same time, scouts for both of the armies afield have come before their Kings as well.

Men from the west... the Young Wolf approaches.

The armies shift to meet these new approaches. From whence will attack come, and upon whom?

At long last the brillint trilling of horns announces the last arrival. It had been thought they would sit this one out. But, no, at the end, the red and gold lions are riding, coming up from King's Landing!

But will they stand beside Dragonstone... or fall upon them, swords seeking blood?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #1791
MrBug708
Head Coach

No one sits on the sidelines
Old 06-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #1792
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well, here goes the neighborhood.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #1793
MrBug708
Head Coach

Renly calls for aid...who will answer?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #1794
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Hey... I was fishing in the Bay of Crabs ya jerks.

Thanks for ruining my day.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #1795
Danny
Head Coach

This will be interesting
Old 06-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #1796
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Tyrion shows his allegiance already. A surprising move if not a wise one.

I needed to get in the action a little, you happened to be the one who dismissed me the most before I came into my army. I still have things up my sleeve
Old 06-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #1797
Autumn
Head Coach

I wouldn't think you would prefer a fawning fake, Tyrion. I don't recall giving you any offense, but I certainly prefer to speak plainly. I hope that you have more to offer the realm than highway robbery attempts.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #1798
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems all the realm has a stake in this battle. We shall see where you line up.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #1799
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This will be interesting

Lord Tyrion, I cannot answer until tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #1800
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The battle lines are drawn, and now everyone knows who will fight whom.

King Renly and King Robb Stark stand side by side, and the Ironborn warriors have joined them with King Balon. Among this mighty host of some 125000 men plus mercenaries are a wealth of Storm's End, Stark and even Lannister banners, courtesy of Tywin Lannister. As always, Brienne of Tarth stands ready to add her battlefield prowess to the mix, and this time, Robb Stark's wolf Greywind fights beside her.

King Joffrey leads his formidable host next to Stannis's Dragonstone men. Even with an immense number of Lannister men, loyal to the current holder of the Iron Throne, there is but 65000 men plus mercenaries.

Out on the sea, Dragonstone's fleet has been joined by Lannister, and it is sizable, with nearly 200 ships. But that is not nearly enough to meet the great force before them--dominated by the immense Greyjoy ships, the fleet for Storm's End numbers three ships for every two of Dragonstone's.

It seems that King Stannis and King Joffrey have picked a fight with a much larger opponent than anticipated.