Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2006, 01:38 AM   #1751
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:41 AM   #1752
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
This could be an awesome drinking game.

Everytime there is a spelling mistake....1 shot
Yardage bug.....1 shot
Logo infringment....2 shots
Etc,Etc

this won't work bbor.. we'd all be roasted before the game even got released
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:51 AM   #1753
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Dude, why didn't you tell us that you were really from Wisconsin? It's not THAT embarassing. And to tell you the truth, I never fell for the whole Dutch Boy act. Really...football fans in The Netherlands? WhatEVAR!
Okay, I admit it, it was all a trick, the bad English, the football knowledge, it never made sense. The time I told y'all that wooden shoes and wind mills are no longer used in the Netherlands should have showed you all my true identity.

I'm really John Dixon, former Cleveland Browns linebacker, cut a day after being signed as a undrafted rookie free agent. I'm 47, had a wife, three kids from a previous marriage, and I've only gotten onto FOFC because I'm anxiously awaiting FOC. I actually never played volleyball and never even saw the Atlantic Ocean.

I didn't realize I misspelled my screen name with an additional I until now... I guess that the 19th attempt to sign on was just lucky.

By the way, it's actually Wiscounsin, I've got English roots.

Still, the Houston Oilers are still the best football team in Texas, no matter how many games the Dallas Cowboys will win!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #1754
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just want to say that the First Baptist Church "Maixmum" sign and the "Cauiton, slippery when backpedaling" sign have me laughing like a little boy here, great stuf Rizon!

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 02-28-2006 at 07:11 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 AM   #1755
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

OK - these are the last logos that I could find - I was digging through the v43.323 of the "gold" copy for some time last night. Whew! Again, any similarity you may find between these logos and actual trademarked logos are purely coincidental and subject to adjudication:

Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:31 AM   #1756
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The rooster and the buffalo are amazing.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #1757
Bee
Pro Starter

The Iraqi Information Director has announced no release today. Come back tomorrow.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #1758
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Damn, just had this waiting in my inbox...

Quote:
Yahoo! AlertsYahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert
Tuesday, February 28, 2006, 1:51 AM PST
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) Police say at least 15 people killed in an attempt to get some prerelease information for Maixmum Football.
Visit Yahoo! News for more details or search for this story on Yahoo! News Search.

FM
Old 02-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #1759
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

unconrollable laughter to start the morning...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #1760
1stAnd10
n00b

What a trainwreck.

If I paid $40 for the enjoyment I've gotten out of this thread it would be a much smarter purchase than $40 for that game.
1stAnd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #1761
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's taking over my life.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #1762
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The Minister Of Information strikes again...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1059856
RE: Week of 2/13 - 2/12/2006 8:04:51 PM
Erik Rutins
Administrator

I think most gamers are used to the schedules followed by the mainstream publishers, which are aimed at retail distribution. Based on those schedules, the gap between gold master and retail shelf can be 4-6 weeks due to physical production times and distribution snags. However, that pretty much means that 4-6 weeks before release, someone can say "this game is going to be out in a month".

In our case, that gap is much smaller. We don't see any reason to keep you all waiting an additional 4-6 weeks, so we often have only a few days between gold master and release. In a few cases, it's been as little as a day if previous release candidates were well tested and stable.

To make a long story short, I've been working on finishing the GM this week and weekend. It looks likely that I'll have it finished and ready for final checks by tonight. That makes a release by Wednesday (15th) likely. If there's a final snag of some kind, I still couldn't see this pushed back beyond next Monday or Tuesday (20th/21st). So, like I said - a release in February is certain, mid-February is likely.

Believe me when I say we have no reason to want to hold release info back, we're just waiting to be sure before giving out the exact date - we're not sitting on the finished gold master and throwing darts at a calendar...

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations

but then today...
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1073537
RE: Release Info - 2/28/2006 1:29:36 PM
Erik Rutins
Administrator

We are still working on the last issue on the list, no release today, sorry folks.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development and Business Relations
Old 02-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #1763
Ben E Lou

Dola:

Now that the link is posted, I wonder how long it will take for someone to bump the "a release in February is certain" comment. More good times a-comin' today, I would think.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #1764
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Couple thoughts:

1.) I think that Baboonheart is one of our "well respected" posters over here. No reasoning behind that, just a gut feeling.

2.) I give lots of credit to Erik. I am sure that Matrix now realizes the problems they got when they signed up with Maximum Football. But they are not throwing Mr. Winter under the bus. They are doing what they can to take responsibility for the product themselves. For instance, when the movie showing the down and distance bug was posted, David Winter's response was (if you noticed) to shift the blame to Erik for posting the video taken from the Gold Master. Erik, graciously, did not tell David Winter to shove his Gold Master up his ass and point out that he did not actually program the game, but accepted the blame for the mistake himself.

Matrix made a mistake here by taking on M-F, but they are handling the mistake with class.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #1765
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
Man, I've got to say you guys have been on a role this entire thread... I salute thee! To make this thread complete we obviously need an antmeister song and a fiere cartoon.

I seriously thought about doing a flere tribute image, but I'll leave that to him. I'm getting better at Photoshop coming up with these.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #1766
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa Daaaaaaaaaaaa Daaaaaaaaaa

DA DA

bom bom bom bom

(ok.. can't do the theme. )
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #1767
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody thinks this thread should be retitled "MAIXMUM FOOTBALL"?

FM
Old 02-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #1768
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Couple thoughts:

1.) I think that Baboonheart is one of our "well respected" posters over here. No reasoning behind that, just a gut feeling.

2.) I give lots of credit to Erik. I am sure that Matrix now realizes the problems they got when they signed up with Maximum Football. But they are not throwing Mr. Winter under the bus. They are doing what they can to take responsibility for the product themselves. For instance, when the movie showing the down and distance bug was posted, David Winter's response was (if you noticed) to shift the blame to Erik for posting the video taken from the Gold Master. Erik, graciously, did not tell David Winter to shove his Gold Master up his ass and point out that he did not actually program the game, but accepted the blame for the mistake himself.

Matrix made a mistake here by taking on M-F, but they are handling the mistake with class.

Just wanted to say I agree. I think Erik is doing a good job, but is in a bad situation. I thought it was bad form for Daivd to hang Erik out to dry on the video thing.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #1769
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Just wanted to say I agree. I think Erik is doing a good job, but is in a bad situation. I thought it was bad form for Daivd to hang Erik out to dry on the video thing.

It was HORRIBLE form by Daivd. Very, very unprofessional.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #1770
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
...I seriously doubt he is going to be committed to squashing any bugs

Bah! Squashing bugs is a job for third-party modders.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:41 AM   #1771
SFL Cat
College Starter

dola -- I agree about Erik over at Matrix. He's been a trooper, making the best of a bad situation. I'm sure he's downing a bottle of Maalox every day.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #1772
Bee
Pro Starter

I think it's funny that the apologists are referring to us here as whining. The only whining I see are from them. We are criticizing (often harshly, but almost always with humor). There's a difference between whining and criticizing which obviously they understand on about the same level of clarity as the actual rules to football.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #1773
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Couple thoughts:

I agree. I believe Matrix will do its best to try to minimize losses and to have everyone save face. I think they were promised something that was not delivered so that's why I thought about them just releasing this as a budget title and be done with it. The "last thing on the list" is just developer/publisher-speak for "last thing needed to make the game run before we call it 1.0". How it runs become irrelevant for a dead title.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #1774
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I think it's funny that the apologists are referring to us here as whining. The only whining I see are from them. We are criticizing (often harshly, but almost always with humor). There's a difference between whining and criticizing which obviously they understand on about the same level of clarity as the actual rules to football.

I was going to come over here and post essentially the same thing...

I see no whining in this thread... I see serious questions.. I see mocking.. I see limmericking... I see damned funny photoshopping.... But I don't see ANY whining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #1775
KWhit
Coordinator

The doctored images are starting to make their appearance on the MF forums.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #1776
1stAnd10
n00b

Quote:
Couple thoughts:

I have to agree. Matrix is doing the best they can but a dog is a dog and sometimes you have to put it down.

I have a feeling Matrix didn't know the honest state of the game until recently and now they are stuck in a tough position. What's worse for them, release a crap game & try to recoup whatever money they have invested in it at the risk of damaging their reputation, or pull the plug on it and lose the money that they have already invested plus the flack they will get for doing it?

It's tough to be a small publisher and having to deal with indie game developers. For most indie's, game development is a hobby and they work on their games in their spare time. It has to be frustrating for the publisher to have money in something and you're depending on a guy who has a full time job to finish this investment. It also has to be frustrating from the developer's standpoint to have a company breathing down your neck everynight expecting you to finish a checklist of thing and upload a new build by 12-1am each night after you've probably finished a full time day of programming. But like I said, if you can't hack it, stick with game development as a hobby, once you cross over that money line, sympathy goes out the window. I'm sure Matrix and DW are getting frustrated with each other by this point in time.

Erik is usually more forthcoming with information. His post today struck me as having a different tone, either he's tiring of putting up with the trolls or there's more tension going on behind the scenes. I have a feeling it's a little of both.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #1777
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stAnd10
Erik is usually more forthcoming with information. His post today struck me as having a different tone, either he's tiring of putting up with the trolls or there's more tension going on behind the scenes. I have a feeling it's a little of both.

It appears that the uber-Mod for Matrix has now made an appearance. Some guy by the name of VicKevlar has laid down the law on cheap shots and personal attacks at the Matrix forums, while at the same time referring to us (I'm guessing) as the Vinnie and Doggie Mad Cow Steakhouse.

I guess he didn't take his fiber for the past month or so.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #1778
1stAnd10
n00b

If they banned everyone who complained about the game they'd have 2 people left posting in that forum. Erik & David.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #1779
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
It appears that the uber-Mod for Matrix has now made an appearance. Some guy by the name of VicKevlar has laid down the law on cheap shots and personal attacks at the Matrix forums, while at the same time referring to us (I'm guessing) as the Vinnie and Doggie Mad Cow Steakhouse.

I guess he didn't take his fiber for the past month or so.

Gotta defend the Matrix guy again.. I'm somewhat with the others that these Matrix guys are not the bad-guys here...

http://www.madcowssteakhouse.com/

Looks like off of their main forum listings this is an actual forum...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #1780
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Dola,

So I'm guessing Doggie is SkyDog. That ranks up there in smart moves along side doubting the power of a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. The questions that remain are:

Who is Vinnie, and
Where did the steakhouse reference come from? If anything, they've been providing us the beef to feast on.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:00 AM   #1781
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Gotta defend the Matrix guy again.. I'm somewhat with the others that these Matrix guys are not the bad-guys here...

http://www.madcowssteakhouse.com/

Looks like off of their main forum listings this is an actual forum...

Ah, I see. I thought he was referring to the "Funny read while you wait" post that led people over here.

Last edited by cartman : 02-28-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:01 AM   #1782
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
Ah, I see. I thought he was referring to the post that led people over here.

I did too at first, that's why I checked to make sure there wasn't really something called that (I figured, no way!)... but there it is, next to last link on their main forum listings...

Quote:
Old 02-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #1783
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #1784
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I did too at first, that's why I checked to make sure there wasn't really something called that (I figured, no way!)... but there it is, next to last link on their main forum listings...

He laid the smack down on druez early on before most of us started posting there as well. The post was almost the same word for word (I'm guessing he just copies and pastes it).
Old 02-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #1785
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
He laid the smack down on druez early on before most of us started posting there as well. The post was almost the same word for word (I'm guessing he just copies and pastes it).

I did notice that.. the whole "I've checked your history, and this isn't the first time... I've got my eye on you"................... shakin in my boots!

Quote:
Old 02-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #1786
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
I did notice that.. the whole "I've checked your history, and this isn't the first time... I've got my eye on you"................... shakin in my boots!

So:

VicKevlar in Matrix Forums = Ardent Enthusiast in the barracks?

Last edited by cartman : 02-28-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:09 AM   #1787
gstelmack
Pro Starter

After he started this whole thread, I want to know where Bubba Wheels got off to...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #1788
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
After he started this whole thread, I want to know where Bubba Wheels got off to...

maybe he's busy posting as zowee over on the Max FB boards.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #1789
KWhit
Coordinator

Nah, he's been busy with his role as lead beta tester.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #1790
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
maybe he's busy posting as zowee over on the Max FB boards.
I was thinking he was masquerading as that German fanboy: Tullywhatever. Tullywhatever actually sent me a PM over at Matrixgames trying to get me to do something about the evil FOFCers badmouthing the paragon of perfection that has been the Maximum Football pre-release PR.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #1791
Ben E Lou

Heh. They deleted the "Funny Read While You Wait," thread that linked to FOFC.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #1792
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog

Well, there are 31 people viewing this thread right now and 22 people on the Max FB thread. I think I'd delete the link too.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #1793
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Blasphemy! People lost posts!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #1794
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
OK - these are the last logos that I could find - I was digging through the v43.323 of the "gold" copy for some time last night. Whew! Again, any similarity you may find between these logos and actual trademarked logos are purely coincidental and subject to adjudication:

The New York Jettys, Buffalo Big Woods, Indianapolis V's, Seattle Toucans, Philadelphia Roosters and Chicago Not The Bears...BRILLIANT!

I don't see how anyone could say these logos are copyright infringements! Well, maybe those FOFC haters would, but we all know how they are.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 02-28-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #1795
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee

Wasn't that Erik who told druez off? I could be wrong, but I did notice the similarity between the two posts...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #1796
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Wasn't that Erik who told druez off? I could be wrong, but I did notice the similarity between the two posts...

nope, it was the same guy. Vic whatever
Old 02-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #1797
cartman
Death Herald

Wow, I guess they are planning a league to be based in the middle east:

Old 02-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #1798
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19

Okay, I admit it, it was all a trick, the bad English, the football knowledge, it never made sense. The time I told y'all that wooden shoes and wind mills are no longer used in the Netherlands should have showed you all my true identity.

I'm really John Dixon, former Cleveland Browns linebacker, cut a day after being signed as a undrafted rookie free agent. I'm 47, had a wife, three kids from a previous marriage, and I've only gotten onto FOFC because I'm anxiously awaiting FOC. I actually never played volleyball and never even saw the Atlantic Ocean.

I didn't realize I misspelled my screen name with an additional I until now... I guess that the 19th attempt to sign on was just lucky.

By the way, it's actually Wiscounsin, I've got English roots.

Still, the Houston Oilers are still the best football team in Texas, no matter how many games the Dallas Cowboys will win!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #1799
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
nope, it was the same guy. Vic whatever
RE: Release Info - 2/28/2006 10:32:15 AM
VicKevlar
Administrator

quote:

Ooooh...the spotlight is on me! I suppose I need a Bible to claim context is everything. But, if moderating a forum fishing for reasons to ban people gives you a feeling of power you can't get in real life, then by all means get off.

Actually, in the entire history of Matrix Games only 5 users have been banned in perpetuity from the forums.

He needs some lessons in how to be a dictator sometimes, it would appear.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #1800
Bee
Pro Starter

No kidding...Just 5? That's a slow week around here.