Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #1751
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Because at the time, I was the second richest Senator in Rome. There was only one Senator who could have outbid me.

Maybe I'm getting my games screwed up. The only way the Tarqs can kill at night is if they hire the services of a killer? (I'm used to other WW games where there is a kill regardless)

If my above statement is true then now I understand your assumptions.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #1752
Autumn
Head Coach

Senator Mustangus seems to be trying an awful lot to raise suspicions in the rest of us, in this case about a Senator I've seen no reason yet to wonder about. That itself seems rather suspicious.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1753
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alright, so Day 1 starts out and Swaggs and I are the 2 lawyers. Day 2 rolls in and we've thrown CW in jail. Swaggs is still alive. Day 2 ends with CW out and Swaggs dead. BS goes on the block.

Day 3 starts with me the best lawyer and Schmidty #2. At the end of the day we kill BS, Alan dies by Tarq, and both me and Schmidty know that BS is good. ITC on the block.

Day 4 Schmidty and I are the lawyers. We kill ITC, but Schmidty dies by Tarq. LSG on the block. Neon is the new lawyer.

My guess, and the reason I did this, is that maybe Neon didn't get info because he just started the job.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1754
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This is a pretty good idea, but I'm inclined to trust barkeep without worrying about it too much. If he was really tarqing around with his inabilit to arrest anyone, I don't think he would go off on KWhit like that. Then again, I don't think I've played with him all that much.

Yeah, when I said I was getting suspicious vibes off of Barkeep I was talking about earlier in the game. In retrospect I've a tough time thinking that a wolf is going to avoid putting in two arrest orders and then go after the other consul about it. As KWhit pointed out a bad guy is much more likely to nominate a villager than do nothing. I've huge difficulty imagining a wolf putting himself in the spotlight early on by running to be consul and then drawing even more attention to himself by allowing there to only be one candidate two nights in a row.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1755
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Senator Mustangus seems to be trying an awful lot to raise suspicions in the rest of us, in this case about a Senator I've seen no reason yet to wonder about. That itself seems rather suspicious.

See my above question. I think I'm getting my game mechanics screwed up.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #1756
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Maybe I'm getting my games screwed up. The only way the Tarqs can kill at night is if they hire the services of a killer? (I'm used to other WW games where there is a kill regardless)

If my above statement is true then now I understand your assumptions.

Our belief is that the Tarqs can kill by poison every night. They can only kill by sword if they gain the services of the fellow Passacaglia bid on.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #1757
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Alright, so Day 1 starts out and Swaggs and I are the 2 lawyers. Day 2 rolls in and we've thrown CW in jail. Swaggs is still alive. Day 2 ends with CW out and Swaggs dead. BS goes on the block.

Day 3 starts with me the best lawyer and Schmidty #2. At the end of the day we kill BS, Alan dies by Tarq, and both me and Schmidty know that BS is good. ITC on the block.

Day 4 Schmidty and I are the lawyers. We kill ITC, but Schmidty dies by Tarq. LSG on the block. Neon is the new lawyer.

My guess, and the reason I did this, is that maybe Neon didn't get info because he just started the job.

I figured that's why he didn't get the info as well. That's the reason you did what?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #1758
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Narcizo, another option we have is to jail Barkeep and Tyrith and hope that we are able to sort this mess out between them with attorney scans today.
Assuming, of course, that people hire us to do just that. I don't think it'll happen.

I wish I could just check in on it myself.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #1759
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Our belief is that the Tarqs can kill by poison every night. They can only kill by sword if they gain the services of the fellow Passacaglia bid on.

Right. By sword. I believe they can poison on their own (as they did to cronin). But the sword kills are probably from a hired man, for better or worse.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #1760
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Ok.. well then, my question was valid and still remains.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:48 AM   #1761
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Ah, I had remembered that differently, I was thinking Schmidty started up the job and got that PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #1762
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I'm not sure that this is necessarily the case. It seems logical that the lawyers would be allowed to decide what they report.
It would seem that way, but since I have no clue what I'm doing, it's hardly the truth.

We haven't had a lawyer yet that's said, "Holy cow, look at all the cool stuff I can do."
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #1763
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Right. By sword. I believe they can poison on their own (as they did to cronin). But the sword kills are probably from a hired man, for better or worse.
This seems correct based on the evidence available to us.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #1764
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think it's pretty established that the sword kills are from a hired service, the only question is whether we can keep hold of that service.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #1765
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Does a hiring of Schmidtyus not pass on to Neonus? I assume so, but don't know if anyone is sure of that. Another good reason for the traitors to keep killing lawyers.

Keep in mind also that jailing someone at least keeps them from bidding for a service. So it makes sense to jail someone we suspect with enough wealth to do damage. I think they still get to use the service they have already hired before they go to jail though.

My presumption is that as the person hired Schmidty (he's listed by name) not Lawyer #2 then they won't be getting a lawyer service today. Time will tell on that one.

Yes, you can still use a service when you're in jail. CW did so on day 2 when he used Swaggs to defend himself.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #1766
st.cronin
General Manager

LoneStarGirl is apparently having technical difficulties. I'm looking for a fill-in.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #1767
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I figured that's why he didn't get the info as well. That's the reason you did what?
Did this bit of research. It was painful, too. St. Cronin's listing on the start and end of days isn't entirely accurate.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #1768
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
LoneStarGirl is apparently having technical difficulties. I'm looking for a fill-in.
Perfecto. Another wasted bit in this game. Nothing against WVU, LSG, MV, or the rest of the junk that's happened, but dang it. We can't seem to catch a break.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #1769
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We haven't had a lawyer yet that's said, "Holy cow, look at all the cool stuff I can do."

We need Johnus Cochranus. If the toga don't fit.. you must acquitus
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #1770
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
By the way, if you were a loyalist, why would the Tarqs sit back and allow you a guaranteed win for a potential killer?

Either -

A. You're a Tarq.

B. The Tarq's are hoping someone came to this conclusion to set you up.

Do you mean this question? I already answered it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #1771
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm also looking into this problem.

~BK, YFWWM
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #1772
path12
Coordinator

Catching up bottom of page 32. Man, four pages overnight? This game is a bear to keep up with.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #1773
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Do you mean this question? I already answered it.

You did but, the answer didn't make sense. I'm not sure what being the 2nd richest has to do with my question. If you are a loyalist, the Tarqs would want to attempt to block that in some way I would think. Either by poisoning you, having the only other possible person that would beat you bid on them or just letting it go.

I just don't understand why the Tarqs would just let it go unless the suspicions you have been casting have been completely wrong and they felt safe that you would select someone that was a loyalist anyways.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #1774
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
To all: If you have lawsuits not listed please point me to the post number and I'll add them. I know I have already added a few back in that somehow didn't get cut n pasted right.

Post #1278 I had Saldana (not happening now) and Narcizo. Basically trying to figure out where I sit on the pecking order of winning lawsuits.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #1775
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
That's what I hate "analysis". Around 45 useless posts that end up answering nothing every hour or so.

This is something we should revisit at some point. You don't have to have hundreds of posts to be an active participant. The problem is that many of those with middle numbers of posts have interesting points that get lost in the chatter. I don't have a great solution to that though.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #1776
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I don't have a great solution to that though.

Probably should be its own topic. I wonder if color coding would help.

red = GM remarks
blue = question
green = answer
purple = analysis
black = idle banter

That way, you could scan quicker I would think... but, anyways.. don't want to get too off on a different tangent.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:07 AM   #1777
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I like that idea.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #1778
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You did but, the answer didn't make sense. I'm not sure what being the 2nd richest has to do with my question. If you are a loyalist, the Tarqs would want to attempt to block that in some way I would think. Either by poisoning you, having the only other possible person that would beat you bid on them or just letting it go.

I just don't understand why the Tarqs would just let it go unless the suspicions you have been casting have been completely wrong and they felt safe that you would select someone that was a loyalist anyways.

I think the Tarqs had bigger fish to fry than me -- the poison kill last night was Schmidty, a lawyer. They're probably more interested in getting a Tarq a nice lawyer position (or maybe the top two spots), to see what that does for them. Also, there's a chance that a poison kill might not happen until the next day, meaning they wouldn't have been able to kill me yesterday, unless they chose to do it two days ago.

I see your point a little more (hadn't thought too much about them killing me). It's also worth noting that my triumphant return came pretty close to the deadline, so a Tarq might have put in a bid for Macro earlier in the day, not knowing that I planned to.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #1779
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I like that idea.

Aye, only because you won't ever have to change from the default colour.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #1780
Passacaglia
Coordinator

In fact, while I hope this is not the case, my guess is that Macro was hired by someone -- otherwise. If no one hired him, cronin could have easily just given him to me, and maybe given Maximus to whoever else might have bid on him. What worries me is the fact that a loyalist was probably less likely to hire him (then again, a loyalist might have tried to hire him earlier in the day before I showed up, too).
Old 04-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #1781
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I like that idea, also. Perhaps two colors for questions -- one for other players, one for questions to the GM? That can probably be worked out in another thread.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #1782
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Aye, only because you won't ever have to change from the default colour.
Don't use that Navy crap on me.

And I did about 5 minutes or research earlier today. THAT would be purple...and I've doled out what info I get when I get it...that would be some other color...puke green, maybe.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #1783
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Okey dokey. I'm off now. I'll be back later this evening (afternoon) hoping for a bit more guidance of where to place a provisional arrest order. I'll also be back tomorrow before deadline to see if the night has magically cleared up the picture allowing me to nail a bad guy.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #1784
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't use that Navy crap on me.

And I did about 5 minutes or research earlier today. THAT would be purple...and I've doled out what info I get when I get it...that would be some other color...puke green, maybe.

tennessee orange
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #1785
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Barkeep, I am at work and I used your link and it still look me 45 seconds or so to log in. If I can't get in at home I am going to let Cronin know to find me a replacement
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #1786
Tyrith
College Starter

This really aggrevates me. I sent the stupid PM. It was addressed to the same person the PMs I have sent that have been responded to were sent. It's sitting there, in my inbox, all nice and timestamped.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #1787
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I see your point a little more (hadn't thought too much about them killing me). It's also worth noting that my triumphant return came pretty close to the deadline, so a Tarq might have put in a bid for Macro earlier in the day, not knowing that I planned to.

Good point. I had forgot that you returned later. I was out the day myself so, when I started posting you started posting so... seemed like you were around all day too.

Although, that would tend one to believe that the moves were already in so, one would tend to look for Tarqs that were around earlier but, not when you returned. I think someone around at the same time as you still might have wanted to change and not allow you a free kill.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #1788
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
tennessee orange
Alan T, you're moving up my friends list.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #1789
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
We need Johnus Cochranus. If the toga don't fit.. you must acquitus

LOL, if this be idle banter, let's have more of it!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #1790
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Perfecto. Another wasted bit in this game. Nothing against WVU, LSG, MV, or the rest of the junk that's happened, but dang it. We can't seem to catch a break.

I'm feeling very much the same. I'd rather have this all turn out to be a clevery traitor ploy, then at least there'd be some satisfaction in getting butchered. But it seems between snafus and missing players we're just not catching a break anywhere.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #1791
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Personally, I would arrest path12,

Any particular reason for that? If not:

Pathus Twelvus sues Ardentus Enthusiastius for slander.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:33 AM   #1792
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Narc, as for why path: Here's better than just a 38 post guy. At least, my memory tells me he is. I can't recall reading anything he's posted, honestly. I could see path setting up the game as it has gone so far...I could see a number of players doing so, honestly. But Path has been quiet and I'd like to hear more from him.

OK, so there's a reason. Wrong, but a reason nonetheless. My suit stands, however.

And there is still the continuing question of why one particular lawyer seems to be able to stay alive when none of the others have.......
Old 04-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #1793
Tyrith
College Starter

They don't want to kill AE, his random posts are a distraction that clog up our browsers and our brains and stop us from getting to some of the more analytical posts
Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #1794
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If lawsuits could expose a traitor, would a traitor really want to do alot of lawsuits? They need to expand their wealth (unless they are wealthy already) but, at a risk of exposure so, if someone is in the middle or low on the wealth chain with alot of lawsuits, I would tend to lean more towards them not being a Tarq. I'd more target those people in the middle that have done a few lawsuits but, haven't gone overboard (risk/reward... maybe they don't want to push their luck but, they have to do something)

Considering the fact that to the best of my knowledge no case heard so far has contained any information that could either clear or damn someone I have a hard time believing that a Tarq is going to be too worried about that at this point.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #1795
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
OK, so there's a reason. Wrong, but a reason nonetheless. My suit stands, however.

And there is still the continuing question of why one particular lawyer seems to be able to stay alive when none of the others have.......
By all means, have me jailed.

And Tyrith, your lack of reaction is surprising, to say the least.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #1796
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Already had 2 people suggest Ant to be arrested and it is early. If 10 people want to arrest Ant obviously there is suspicion there beyond me.

Since we can't arrest the Tribune this seems to be a pointless road to go down, and strikes me as a bit suspicious too.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #1797
Tyrith
College Starter

To the Barkeep thing? I sent the damn PM. It's sitting in my sent items folder. Since I know I sent the PM...well, I'm not going to get too worked up about it -- I remember how crazy it was helping to run Marvel, and I wasn't even in the driver's seat. One PM is something very easy to get lost in the mess.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #1798
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith, there was already one instance where our friendly neighborhood moderator Cronin came out and said there was a mix-up on PMs. He hasn't said that in regards to you and Barkeep so far.

So, without him coming out and indicating moderator error we are left to draw the conclusion that there is not moderator error.

Why would you lie about sending him a PM?
Why would he lie about receiving a PM?

If we are heading down this path for arrests - which I would listen to but there doesn't seem to be a widespread hue and cry for this approach - then those are the questions I would be looking to understand.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #1799
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It seems that the ability to use the lawyers to scan somebody is out of the control, or knowledge of the lawyers. So, in other words I don't think we have to worry about them lying.

Why? If they are the ones who get the PM's with the results, what's to prevent them from saying whatever they want?

That of course refers to other players having them scan a particular player. There is the double check factor for the dead senators, and I agree that as long as there are two lawyers active that information should be accurate.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #1800
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, since at this point it's more or less accepted that I had the service that day...the only reason I can think of to lie about it would be to lure BK into saying he didn't get the message, then try to spring some sort of a double fake where I turn the lie into him being a wolf trying to condemn an innocent man. However, that play would take more elegance, guts, and ability to convince people than I seem to have in this game.

I fully suspect this is just another PM mixup. No big deal -- I honestly had nothing to share with him, and I more or less said so in the message I sent him. However, I had the service so I felt like I should use it and get into contact with someone that knows more and is better at this game than I, hoping that maybe something good would happen.