Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #1751
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I might be a goob and not know better (it's happened before), but wouldn't thinking you've been attacked signify you're one of the twelve? I mean, that's who Apoc and his gang are going to go after, right?

DD

Doom was attacked.... does that mean he is one of the 12? And if so, why do people keep attacking him? Does that mean the people attacking him are automatically bad?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:52 PM   #1752
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
We know:

Sinister was good
Sinister publically stated he felt ProfessorX was his highest trusted person.
Sinister was killed outside of ProfessorX's home.

We assume:

Sinister either visited or was in the process of visiting ProfessorX last night.
Sinister wouldn't have been there to perform some form of good guy assasination attempt of someone he trusted.

We don't know:
Why Professor saw that He was attacked by sinister.

-------------------------

I would assume if Professor had been to kill sinister, the death would have occured at Sinister's home. With the death occuring outside of the professor's home, it seems to imply to me that Sinister set up the visit with the Professor.

I don't know what the Professor claimed to have seen, but this seems like a huge distraction tactic to me. Sinister felt we would be best served to eliminate Hawkeye today, and I agree with that approach. I feel someone wanted to create some form of huge diversion from that so Hawkeye could fade into the shadows and heal himself.

Assumption based on assumption based on assumption. What happens when it all falls apart, because your root assumption, that I'm one of apoc's guys or apoc himself, falls through?

Each day we should reassess our assumptions in light of new information instead of continuing to build even more on old ones.

-Hawkeye

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #1753
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Doom was attacked.... does that mean he is one of the 12? And if so, why do people keep attacking him? Does that mean the people attacking him are automatically bad?
Got me. Just throwing stuff out there.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #1754
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

"Ah'm leaning towards not believing the Professor here since he attacked me, and Ah'm not Apocalypse or one of the Horsemen but tentacles could indicate Venom I think, not sure if Mr. Sinster has tentacles or not."
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:56 PM   #1755
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I might be a goob and not know better (it's happened before), but wouldn't thinking you've been attacked signify you're one of the twelve? I mean, that's who Apoc and his gang are going to go after, right?

DD

That was my initial thought Daredevil, but then I looked at it again, and its not phrased like he meant it that way. It's phrased like he found out separately.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #1756
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

DD

Well I think we are suffering with a rift between perception and reality right now. I don't doubt that the Professor perceived what he said. I highly doubt thats what happened however.

I am curious to what could have caused the difference between reality and perception however.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #1757
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
He posted it as the pms were being sent. i would like to know how he knows he is one of the 12 too though

Yes he did, but then he posted, saying he made the post prior to receiving a night 2 PM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #1758
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

"Ah'm leaning towards not believing the Professor here since he attacked me, and Ah'm not Apocalypse or one of the Horsemen but tentacles could indicate Venom I think, not sure if Mr. Sinster has tentacles or not."

I am curious to hear more about why that would signify Venom. I have Venom as #3 on my distrust list behind Hawkeye and Marvel right now, but for an unrelated reason that I do not think its the time to talk about just yet. I didn't really focus on this much at the time since I didn't want to get distracted off of Hawkeye.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM   #1759
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, Cannonball and Deadpool received the role-play bonus for Day/Night 2.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #1760
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Yes he did, but then he posted, saying he made the post prior to receiving a night 2 PM.

Thats not really what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wow. so sinister is one of the 12 and dead? makes me look BAD. nice job evil. the only thing I can think of is someone other than me with the ability to shapeshift/mess with minds.

quickly in myown defense (still at work): note that I posted my post BEFORE night actions came out. so I had no way of knowing what was going on. if I was evil I would have kept my mouth shut not gone off crowing about the pm I got seconds before.

wow. evil did a great job setting me up here. because they know I am one of the 12 . I will investigate my pm later on my break/at hom for further clues.

is there anyone else with mental powers in their character? that would be our easiest route to finding them. otherwse someone has a non-canon power.

wait a second...I think (will check) the pm said something about tentacles from all around my illusion trying to crush it. who would that point to comic-guys???

You can see from my reply right after his that I also had received my PM and was wanting to see what night results had to say before continuing. (Since my Night PM indicated Sinister was dead)
Old 01-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #1761
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

DD

Yes, but he never said he was attacked. Also, it seems prudent to explain why you think you are one of the 12 if you are going to go ahead and out it. Right now it leaves many of us wondering, because only the bad guys are supposed to know who one of the 12 are.

So maybe you should not be giving him answers to questions that HE needs to answer.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #1762
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I only have 2 minutes left on my short break at work but I just got my PM and want you all to know...MR. SINISTER IS EVIL!!

As he said, he received his message from the aether, from this "PeeEmm". What it revealed is anybody's guess, and frankly, those who listen to voices in the dark are probably a little imblanced themselves.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #1763
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
By the way, Cannonball and Deadpool received the role-play bonus for Day/Night 2.

I am pretty sure I won the award for the worst day2 mistake
Old 01-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #1764
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

Venom had no tentacles and has nothing to do with tentacles.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #1765
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Yes, but he never said he was attacked. Also, it seems prudent to explain why you think you are one of the 12 if you are going to go ahead and out it. Right now it leaves many of us wondering, because only the bad guys are supposed to know who one of the 12 are.

So maybe you should not be giving him answers to questions that HE needs to answer.
Duly noted, I'm just trying to figure this out.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #1766
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I am curious to hear more about why that would signify Venom. I have Venom as #3 on my distrust list behind Hawkeye and Marvel right now, but for an unrelated reason that I do not think its the time to talk about just yet. I didn't really focus on this much at the time since I didn't want to get distracted off of Hawkeye.

Please do tell. I've done nothing to signify that I am bad. I assure you that I am good and have no clue as to my status as one of the 12.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #1767
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
As he said, he received his message from the aether, from this "PeeEmm". What it revealed is anybody's guess, and frankly, those who listen to voices in the dark are probably a little imblanced themselves.

-Hawkeye

Okay, that makes sense. He was saying he got the new info from his night two PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #1768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Please do tell. I've done nothing to signify that I am bad. I assure you that I am good and have no clue as to my status as one of the 12.

Based on some things you said yesterday just struck me the wrong way. I do not have any desire to assault you today at least however. I am pretty sure my rage will be targeted at Hawkeye once again.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #1769
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Based on some things you said yesterday just struck me the wrong way. I do not have any desire to assault you today at least however. I am pretty sure my rage will be targeted at Hawkeye once again.

Is it because Spiderman corrected my post? I swear I will kill him if he is trying to set me up. I'm pretty sure that Spiderman is bad anyway.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #1770
Blade6119
Coordinator

LOL Raiders, you drew Hell Atlantic into the thread with your team titles!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #1771
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I really think everyone needs to look at Magneto, Warpath and Spiderman.

I know those three, and they are not on the level. I would put Deadpool next on the list.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #1772
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im currently trying understand what happened with DT/sinister/a 3rd party. I might have something for you later, i might not. Im still trying to decide if what i know will help or hurt us
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM   #1773
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I really think everyone needs to look at Magneto, Warpath and Spiderman.

I know those three, and they are not on the level. I would put Deadpool next on the list.
?

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #1774
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'll give you guys some info that surprised me from the evening. Yesterday's beating not only damaged my physical body but also left me tired. I have significantly less energy today than I normally would. I can launch an attack fine, but I'm depleted. I'll probably die, so I wanted to let you know so others would not be surprised.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #1775
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am pretty sure I won the award for the worst day2 mistake

Agreed. Attacking me was a mistake Of course, it was a smart play if you are one of Apoc's people.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #1776
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. Attacking me was a mistake Of course, it was a smart play if you are one of Apoc's people.

-Hawkeye

I don't think that was the mistake I made Hopefully I'll correct my mistake today with your death!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #1777
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Was that really the mistake, or did I miss something again?

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:25 PM   #1778
Poli
FOFC Survivor

??

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #1779
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think that was the mistake I made Hopefully I'll correct my mistake today with your death!

Don't be so eager or giddy. People will remember it once it has been revealed that I'm just an ordinary schlub.

-Br'er Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #1780
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ok. on break for 20. I will check my pm and reread on this lil screen.

any questions for me though?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #1781
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, I'll give you guys some info that surprised me from the evening. Yesterday's beating not only damaged my physical body but also left me tired. I have significantly less energy today than I normally would. I can launch an attack fine, but I'm depleted. I'll probably die, so I wanted to let you know so others would not be surprised.

-Hawkeye

Why would that be a surprise, you got a whippin? I don't think anyone expected you to have a decent amount of health. Unless of course you are supposed to have freakish regeneration powers.

But basically I guess you are saying that a special attack stopped you from healing as much as you should. Did Cannonball attack you? I think he said he was not going to admit to what his attack should have done. Maybe he can add something here.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #1782
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

How do you know you are one of the 12?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #1783
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why would that be a surprise, you got a whippin? I don't think anyone expected you to have a decent amount of health. Unless of course you are supposed to have freakish regeneration powers.

But basically I guess you are saying that a special attack stopped you from healing as much as you should. Did Cannonball attack you? I think he said he was not going to admit to what his attack should have done. Maybe he can add something here.

(ooc) I was trying to say in roleplaying speak that my energy dropped significantly, in addition to my obvious health drop. That I did not expect. Maybe I missed in the rules where energy drops after a beating, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that it happens (/ooc)

Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #1784
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(ooc) I was trying to say in roleplaying speak that my energy dropped significantly, in addition to my obvious health drop. That I did not expect. Maybe I missed in the rules where energy drops after a beating, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that it happens (/ooc)

I could imagine the energy dropping more after performing some night activities last night.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #1785
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Sounds like someone's attack had an energy drain component.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #1786
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

How do you know your part of the 12?
Demotivation
Old 01-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #1787
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I think Prof. X is jerking our chain
Old 01-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #1788
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

OOC - Okay everybody, hoops just sent me a PM saying that he screwed up and I have more energy than he thought I did. This is important for the following reason:

I have a special ability I can trigger at night where I can craft a super-special arrow of my choice, with GM approval. I am one energy away from this special ability.

I propose, that if you do not kill me today, I will try to craft an arrow tonight, pending approval of the GM, that will do something like reveal that I am on the side of light, or maybe a one time seer action, or whatnot. It would be pending GM apporval, but I'd be willing to spend all of my energy to do it if it'll clear me and keep me in a fun game!

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #1789
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OOC - Okay everybody, hoops just sent me a PM saying that he screwed up and I have more energy than he thought I did. This is important for the following reason:

I have a special ability I can trigger at night where I can craft a super-special arrow of my choice, with GM approval. I am one energy away from this special ability.

I propose, that if you do not kill me today, I will try to craft an arrow tonight, pending approval of the GM, that will do something like reveal that I am on the side of light, or maybe a one time seer action, or whatnot. It would be pending GM apporval, but I'd be willing to spend all of my energy to do it if it'll clear me and keep me in a fun game!

-Hawkeye

I don't believe you.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:36 PM   #1790
hoopsguy
General Manager

General note - Anxiety's energy level in the PM was incorrect and has since been modified.

Getting whupped physically does not have a direct correlation with losing energy.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #1791
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't believe you.

Which part. The arrow crafting ability or that hoops lied about my energy?

Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #1792
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I have a tough time believing hoops would screw up, actually.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #1793
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Thanks Hoops
Old 01-21-2007, 03:37 PM   #1794
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nevermind.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #1795
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I am somewhat unfamiliar with Venom, but I thought that was how he attacked?
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #1796
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which part. The arrow crafting ability or that hoops lied about my energy?

Your crafting ability for a super special one time arrow that can prove you are good or whatever. This entire day has been set up to keep y ou in the game by several people and I just don't buy it. Your death will tell us all alot about a few people.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #1797
Thomkal
Head Coach

edit to above, how he attacks in the comic books.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #1798
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc) ok just reread my pm. it looks like in my hasteto post quickly earlier at work I could have misinterperted (/ooc)

(X)

Sinister came to visit me last night as I was projecting an illusion of myself. He spoke of war making strange bedfellows and tentacles arose from the floor to encase the illusion of me as he approached with a drawn needle. At that point he realized it was an illusion and said that I was a fool and we could have done great things together (paraphrase). He stormed out, quite alive.

(ooc) apparently I drastically misread that in my haste to post and get back to work in like 4 minutes. if I had to guess now I would say that sinister was our seer and that that was his way of getting information (maybe night 1 target can verify?). So Sinister came to scan me, not kill me. Sorry I saw tentacles holding me and a needle and assumed "coming to kill me" and backed out and posted quickly. I just wasn't expecting the seer to be so...violent.

(/ooc)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #1799
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Your crafting ability for a super special one time arrow that can prove you are good or whatever. This entire day has been set up to keep y ou in the game by several people and I just don't buy it. Your death will tell us all alot about a few people.

Mind's made up, don't confuse you with the facts, eh? Of course, I would have revealed this ability as soon as the night actions were sent but then didn't because of my lower energy. I was thinking about it all night.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #1800
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mind's made up, don't confuse you with the facts, eh? Of course, I would have revealed this ability as soon as the night actions were sent but then didn't because of my lower energy. I was thinking about it all night.

-Hawkeye

I don't see any "facts" from you. Just a bunch of maneuvering from you and others the last two days to keep you alive.