Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #1751
st.cronin
General Manager

I am Aphrodite. I can use my role to do the following:

Force a player to vote a certain way.
Block all players actions, including their vote. (This is what I did to Lathum day 1).
Entice a player to guard me, if he has that ability. I attempted this on Anxiety on day 3, and failed, I assume because he does not have that ability - I attempted this on Lathum yesterday, because I was suspicious of him, and it succeeded, I assume because he IS the bodyguard.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #1752
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, now that I've read what Cronin said, let me

unvote Lathum

...awaiting Cronin's explanation and ideas to proceed.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #1753
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You know Cronin, I wouldn't look quite so retarded if you would have just been nice and waited till I posted each of mine before posting yours!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #1754
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Do not vote for Lathum, he IS the bodyguard. I know this for 100% now.

st.cro, can you shed some light?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #1755
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, so the big question is:

We have Cronin willing to vouch for Lathum, do we have somebody that is willing to vouch for RA using the game's construct as well?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #1756
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

unvote Lathum

That is intriguing, st.cronin.

I assume that you are saying that RA is lying, AND Anxiety as well?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #1757
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Alright, so the big question is:

We have Cronin willing to vouch for Lathum, do we have somebody that is willing to vouch for RA using the game's construct as well?

Unless someone else wants to reveal as Apollo.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #1758
Telle
College Starter

I don't know that Raiders Army is Apollo, but I know that Apollo is in the game.

Is it possible that a Titan could have an ability to guard someone?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #1759
st.cronin
General Manager

I am not saying that RA and Anxiety are lying. I can think of several ways for a villager to scan as a wolf - thus making RA's story true.

As for Anxiety, I don't really understand his story, but it looks awkward for Chief Rum.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 09:32 AM   #1760
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Can someone point me to two places:

1- IF he did, where/when did RA reveal?

2- At one point did RA start becoming a very trusted member of the Olympians?

I'm not yet saying I disbelieve him, I guess I just want to go back and look him over before we separate ourselves from him. This turns what should've been an easy vote into a rather interesting scenario now.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #1761
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Above should read for #2- At what point...
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #1762
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I don't know that Raiders Army is Apollo, but I know that Apollo is in the game.

Is it possible that a Titan could have an ability to guard someone?

That is certainly possible, but a long shot. Also Lathum has now been with on two nights that there was a kill - if you think there is just one Titan left, it CAN'T be Lathum, he couldn't have done the kill last night.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #1763
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can someone point me to two places:

1- IF he did, where/when did RA reveal?

2- At one point did RA start becoming a very trusted member of the Olympians?

I'm not yet saying I disbelieve him, I guess I just want to go back and look him over before we separate ourselves from him. This turns what should've been an easy vote into a rather interesting scenario now.

1.) We already got past this... go back several pages or so. RA practically did everything but say that he was Apollo. me and hoops were in agreements that RA was Apollo, and evetually he said he was.

2.) When he hinted at being Apollo on Day 3/4, and revealed to be Apollo after the Day 4 result, with noone refuting him.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #1764
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Pink - No Character reveal
Green - W/ Character reveal

Update on things that have happened:

1) Render - Killed Day 3 Hermes / Olympian
2) Barkeep - Killed Day 2 Zeus / Olympian
3) Chief Rum
4) PurdueBrad
5) St.Cronin - (No claimed Role) (Claims to have the ability to visit someone; visited Lathum/Anxiety)
6) Neon_Chaos - (No claimed Role) (Claims to be able to vouch for Telle, vouched for by Raiders Army)
7) Lathum - (Claims to be Heracles) (Confirms he was visited by st.cronin, says he is the bodyguard)
8) ntndeacon - Lynched Day 2 Dionysus / Olympian
9) ArlingtonColt - (Claims to be Hephaestus)
10) Passacaglia - Killed Day 1 Athena / Olympian
11) Telle - (Claims to be Ascelipus) (Claims that Apollo scanned her, and she knows Achilles is a role in the game, she also knows of a role not in this game, vouched for by Raiders Army)
12) Hoopsguy - Killed Day 4 Hades/Olympian
13) Path12 - Lynched Day 1 Cronus / Titan
14) Anxiety - (Claims to be Ares) (Claims to have been able to force someone to use their action against their will. Says that Chief Rum will be able to explain further.)
15) Ardent_Enthusiast - Lynched Day 4 Atlas/Titan
16) Racer - (Claims to be Odysseus) (Ardent said he was Odysseus, but was proven wrong.)
17) DaddyTorgo - (No Claimed Role) (Vouched for by Raiders Army)
18) Raiders Army - (Claims to be Apollo) (Has come out to say that Neon Chaos, Telle, and DaddyTorgo are good. Says that Lathum is a Titan.)
19) Schmidty - Lynched Day 3 Minotaur / Monster

Okay, we do have a problem. We've killed two Titans, according to CR's scans there are two titans left PLUS him as Medusa. Lathum does not give us end game if he is it.

So I think there are one of three scenarios at work:

A- Cronin and Lathum are the remaining two Titans working for self-preservation

B- RA and ???? are the remaining Titans trying to get to their own endgame with a lynch and night actions.

C- CR is actually lying regarding his scans and there is just one Titan left.

I am willing to discount C for now and we need to focus on A and B. Cronin, no offense, but for the good of the Olympians, can anyone else vouch for Lathum? Can anyone truly vouch for Raider's Army or even partly vouch?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #1765
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1.) We already got past this... go back several pages or so. RA practically did everything but say that he was Apollo. me and hoops were in agreements that RA was Apollo, and evetually he said he was.

2.) When he hinted at being Apollo on Day 3/4, and revealed to be Apollo after the Day 4 result, with noone refuting him.

Thanks Neon, a bit hungover and didn't want to dig too much although ended up doing some digging anyway for my other post.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #1766
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We have Coeus and Hyperion left out there according to CR and they might be tag-teaming together right now to get to end game.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #1767
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't believe anybody else will be able to vouch for Lathum.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #1768
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That is certainly possible, but a long shot. Also Lathum has now been with on two nights that there was a kill - if you think there is just one Titan left, it CAN'T be Lathum, he couldn't have done the kill last night.

There are two Titans left though, according to CR.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 AM   #1769
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't believe anybody else will be able to vouch for Lathum.

st.cronin, are you certain that Lathum is 100% good? Or just 100% that he has the ability to guard someone?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #1770
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

RA, glad that you're here. st.cronin says that Lathum is not a Titan.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #1771
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Do not vote for Lathum, he IS the bodyguard. I know this for 100% now.

He may be a bodyguard, but it may be for the Titans. With the Monsters out there and the roles of everyone, I'd guess that he could protect a Titan from attack.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #1772
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I'll be on and off today although after this twist I'll try to be on a bit more. Here is where I stand currently:

For RA- He hasn't pinged my radar much BUT somebody he has vouched for has pinged my radar pretty hard core. My thought is that if RA is a Titan, then he may have also vouched for one Titan and two Gods to make it harder to sniff out the last.

For Lathum- He has pinged my radar some as has Cronin to a degree (but again, not a ton). This seemed to be the runaway vote until Cronin stepped in and it is a Hell of a wolf-save if they are wolves but I guess, if Cronin is a wolf, it's a dumb play to put yourself on the line too this close to end game.

So maybe we try this: Who can vouch for Telle, Neon_Chaos, Daddy Torgo, and St. Cronin? Maybe if we can clear the COT RA or Lathum have developed, we can clear one of them. Otherwise I'm worried this comes down to a coin flip.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #1773
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

In the fog of my morning my above post made sense so I hope it does.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #1774
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
RA, glad that you're here. st.cronin says that Lathum is not a Titan.

If he isn't then he's showing up as a Titan. The scans I did on Barkeep and Telle led me to believe they were Olympians, but it wasn't 100%. The scan I did on Lathum yesterday was 100%. Let me check real fast.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #1775
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
st.cronin, are you certain that Lathum is 100% good? Or just 100% that he has the ability to guard someone?

I know that he has the ability to guard somebody. That, combined with the fact that there has been no counter-reveal, that two of the night kills could NOT have been performed by him, and I am willing to play as if he is good.

I also believe RA is good. My guess is there is some kind of counter to his ability that gave him a bad scan in this case.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #1776
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I just want to clarify that I don't FULLY trust either Lathum or Anxiety... I can't actually clear anybody.

On night 1 I actually prevented Lathum's vote from counting. This is why I was so skeptical of all the vote analysis that followed. That was a one-time ability.

I won't say my other abilities are, other than that they are relatively minor in their effects, and what I tried to do to Anxiety last night actually failed.

Cronin, what made you go from not being able to "FULLY trust" Lathum to being able to clear him now? Why did you use an action on him a second time?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #1777
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Alright, I'll be on and off today although after this twist I'll try to be on a bit more. Here is where I stand currently:

For RA- He hasn't pinged my radar much BUT somebody he has vouched for has pinged my radar pretty hard core. My thought is that if RA is a Titan, then he may have also vouched for one Titan and two Gods to make it harder to sniff out the last.

For Lathum- He has pinged my radar some as has Cronin to a degree (but again, not a ton). This seemed to be the runaway vote until Cronin stepped in and it is a Hell of a wolf-save if they are wolves but I guess, if Cronin is a wolf, it's a dumb play to put yourself on the line too this close to end game.

So maybe we try this: Who can vouch for Telle, Neon_Chaos, Daddy Torgo, and St. Cronin? Maybe if we can clear the COT RA or Lathum have developed, we can clear one of them. Otherwise I'm worried this comes down to a coin flip.

I will vouch for DaddyTorgo, he has been actively involved in the lynching of ardent and path12. He was primarily the reason for path12 being lynched, and basically convinced people to switch over and seal the deal on ae.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:03 AM   #1778
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay, going back Barkeep's scan led me to think he was an Olympian.
Telle's scan said she was an Olympian, but something was interfering with the scan.
Lathum's scan gave me dark and sinister feelings. He was a Titan.

I go through the Oracle to get my results apparently. On a different note, I keep getting the picture of the Oracle from the Matrix in my mind.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #1779
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I will vouch for DaddyTorgo, he has been actively involved in the lynching of ardent and path12. He was primarily the reason for path12 being lynched, and basically convinced people to switch over and seal the deal on ae.

I'll also vouch for DT, since RendeR told me to trust him. If anyone else had been contacted by RendeR, they should have gotten the same codeword I had gotten to figure out who he was: Pain heals.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #1780
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know that he has the ability to guard somebody. That, combined with the fact that there has been no counter-reveal, that two of the night kills could NOT have been performed by him, and I am willing to play as if he is good.

I also believe RA is good. My guess is there is some kind of counter to his ability that gave him a bad scan in this case.

Alright then Cronin, if both are good and we've put ourselves into a bad kind of Mexican stand-off (a la the end of Reservoir Dogs), where do you suggest we look next?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #1781
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hmmm. Is there a way that Coeus, the God of intelligence, could have interfered with RA's scan?

This doesn't add up.

RA says he is Apollo, the seer. Noone has refuted the fact.
Lathum says he is Heracles, the bodyguard. Noone has refuted the fact.

One of st.cronin's powers involve the same power as Anxiety's... wierd.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #1782
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I just want to clarify that I don't FULLY trust either Lathum or Anxiety... I can't actually clear anybody.

On night 1 I actually prevented Lathum's vote from counting. This is why I was so skeptical of all the vote analysis that followed. That was a one-time ability.

I won't say my other abilities are, other than that they are relatively minor in their effects, and what I tried to do to Anxiety last night actually failed.

Quote:

Block all players actions, including their vote. (This is what I did to Lathum day 1).
Entice a player to guard me, if he has that ability. I attempted this on Anxiety on day 3, and failed, I assume because he does not have that ability - I attempted this on Lathum yesterday, because I was suspicious of him, and it succeeded, I assume because he IS the bodyguard.

This seems legit to me since it's a good mirror of Aphrodite, although I wouldn't call forcing a player to vote a certain way a minor power.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #1783
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, what made you go from not being able to "FULLY trust" Lathum to being able to clear him now? Why did you use an action on him a second time?

I went to him a second time because I wasn't sure he was the bodyguard. On day 1 I used my action to try to secretly influence the vote. On day 3, for some reason I thought Anxiety was the actual bodyguard, and wanted to find out if that was true, but that turned out to be false.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #1784
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I wouldn't call forcing a player to vote a certain way a minor power.

Nor would I, to be completely honest.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #1785
st.cronin
General Manager

Also, none of my abilities are one-time use only. That was not completely truthful.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #1786
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Those of you that have been visited by Cronin, allow me to put forth this possibility. He is Hyperion, the God of Observation, and when he visited you he was attempting to see if you were one of our big three. Guys, I'm going to stay with RA on this and

vote Lathum
Old 10-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #1787
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If you guys give me reason to change, I will. I'm only basing my above vote on what I know of Hyperion (who is apparently still in the game) with Cronin's visits.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #1788
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Here is what I know:

Lathum is a Titan. He is not the bodyguard. From the Titan roles left:

I would guess that he is either Crius or Campe based upon what I suspect cronin and Anxiety's roles are. Furthermore, Anxiety's power is not what he says it is. If Anxiety could force an act, then at worst case scenario, he would've forced Lathum to observe or communicate with Barkeep. I don't believe this to be the case. I think that cronin's role is most likely Hyperion.

Those are the three I believe are Titans. I think that's all of them.

What I propose is to lynch Lathum and let me scan Anxiety. I am less sure about cronin, so let me get Anxiety next cycle. After Anxiety, cronin.

Oh, and if you didn't get it, I'm Apollo. I scanned Barkeep the first cycle, Telle the second (which was a weird message...she got me sick when I scanned her), and no one the third cycle (didn't get my PM in). I scanned Lathum and he came back a Titan.

VOTE LATHUM

Quote:
Those of you that have been visited by Cronin, allow me to put forth this possibility. He is Hyperion, the God of Observation, and when he visited you he was attempting to see if you were one of our big three. Guys, I'm going to stay with RA on this and

vote Lathum

I know you probably didn't see this before, but I'm glad we're thinking the same thing here.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #1789
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Anyhow, I'll be in and out today.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #1790
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know you probably didn't see this before, but I'm glad we're thinking the same thing here.

Damn, no, didn't see that before, I was all proud of myself! Yeah RA, I'm staying with you on this one. Nice job.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #1791
st.cronin
General Manager

Um, ok. Anxiety will confirm that I am Aphrodite. That would make this a 3-player conspiracy, right?

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #1792
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm willing to hear what Anxiety has to say but if I had to vote now, my vote is in place. Luckily we have until Sunday night.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #1793
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE CHIEF RUM

This is my vote.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #1794
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is exactly who I thought st cronin was, btw, based on his dscription in my pmincluding things like his staggering beauty and how I wanted her the entire time, etc.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #1795
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm. Is there a way that Coeus, the God of intelligence, could have interfered with RA's scan?

This doesn't add up.

RA says he is Apollo, the seer. Noone has refuted the fact.
Lathum says he is Heracles, the bodyguard. Noone has refuted the fact.

One of st.cronin's powers involve the same power as Anxiety's... wierd.

I don;t think so. He can hop votes, make someone guard him, or bg a person..wait a secon.

Cronin, doesn;t your power make YOU the bg?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #1796
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I don;t think so. He can hop votes, make someone guard him, or bg a person..wait a secon.

Cronin, doesn;t your power make YOU the bg?

No. I cannot guard anybody. I can make somebody guard ME, or I can entirely block somebody's activity, or I can change somebody's vote. I cannot tell somebody to guard somebody other than me.

knives out
Old 10-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #1797
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow...i need to seriously think about this.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #1798
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

we definitely have some liars, the only question is who.

NC...for better or worse...I have a degree of trust for you and I think your analysis has been strong in this game...i see you here...what are you thinking?
Old 10-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #1799
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I need someone to work through this with me
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #1800
st.cronin
General Manager

DT, why do you trust Neon? Is it just his analysis?

knives out