Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #1801
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't advise scanning Dubb. If I was a wolf in his spot I would want the last scan to be a waste.

Thanks for scanning me Norm! I say scan CR also, or USFL.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #1802
TheNorm
Mascot

Well with Jackal's last few posts it's apparent we got one of 'em...and also very apparent that I've got maybe two days left here tops. Gotta make 'em count.

I haven't decided whom to scan when night falls, but I'll be sure to post it once I turn my action in. I'm all for listening to discussion on it the next little while though.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1803
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
While I should not be in a trust list, I think my pushing so strong for Jackal yesterday should buy me a little bit of trust.

When you posted that it gave me a good cover to throw my vote out there--unfortunately the situation changed and it forced me to defend myself. Appreciate it though!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #1804
Danny
Head Coach

I strongly agree with Lathum that it would be best not to scan Dubb. I would love CR cleared/caught personally, but I think USFL isn't a bad choice either.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #1805
TheNorm
Mascot

Hey Abe, is it possible to investigate someone while they are in jail?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #1806
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post

What are you, invisible?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #1807
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't advise scanning Dubb. If I was a wolf in his spot I would want the last scan to be a waste.

?????

How the fuck does that make any sense? If I was a wolf I would want the last scan to be a waste, but yet I want myself scanned? Wouldn't that out me if I was a wolf??????

That doesn't make ANY fucking sense.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #1808
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I strongly agree with Lathum that it would be best not to scan Dubb. I would love CR cleared/caught personally, but I think USFL isn't a bad choice either.

Why are you trying to railroad me? You don't want me scanned so I'm an easy target for you tomarrow?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #1809
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Clearly wanting to be scanned by the seer is a wolf move.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #1810
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Cross-referencing your list and my list, I can narrow it to three that I would consider (and maybe a fourth as I'm consider the USFL arrest, although that move seems Hoopsian [he's my nemesis, so I measure any clever moves agains him, it's kind of like WWHD or What Would Hoops Do (in order to screw me over)]). So I would look DT, Dubb, CR, and yeah, I guess USFL.

Also, embarrassingly enough, it wasn't until three days ago that I realized Hoops wasn't playing. And I thought Alan was too for a while.

Stuff like this is why I can't quit you, PurdueBrad

I'm pretty sure I would have had fun this game, but my work schedule was really, really hectic this week. I only caught up with reading the game this morning.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #1811
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
?????

How the fuck does that make any sense? If I was a wolf I would want the last scan to be a waste, but yet I want myself scanned? Wouldn't that out me if I was a wolf??????

That doesn't make ANY fucking sense.

are you serious?

your reaction tells me even more you are a wolf.

it's pretty simple actually.

You think you are the vote tomorrow, you ask to be scanned so instead of us clearing another villager we just reaffirm our lynch choice.

You are way to smart a player to not see the logic there.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #1812
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
are you serious?

your reaction tells me even more you are a wolf.

it's pretty simple actually.

You think you are the vote tomorrow, you ask to be scanned so instead of us clearing another villager we just reaffirm our lynch choice.

You are way to smart a player to not see the logic there.

Whatever, just fucking vote me. Show how smart you are.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #1813
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I was obvious caught by Lathum's awesome analysis here. It's so good he has managed to convince himself a laborer is a wolf.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #1814
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Whatever, just fucking vote me. Show how smart you are.

why you so touchy?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #1815
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Why are you trying to railroad me? You don't want me scanned so I'm an easy target for you tomarrow?

Why are you taking it so personally? Fact is, you're likely to be the target next lynch. By scanning you, you can avoid either us catching another wolf or clearing someone like CR who would be of great value to us as a trusted person.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #1816
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Welcome aboard glen.. first matter of business - get your orders in on time!

I'm caught up enough enough to get this now.

I have to admit a few pages back, I was saying "Oh If those bastards vote me out after reading 1500 posts of their bickering"
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #1817
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

So much for getting a good perspective reading all at once there....TheNorm's reveal pretty much had me tossing out my suspect list. My instincts are all wrong. First I figured Poli was a company man, then I was torn between TheNorm and The Jackal(Okay so somewhat on target).

I'd say I was rusty, but that would imply that I used to have some chops. In any case, I'll now announce my presence in this game by making a very safe move.

VOTE The Jackal

I won't say that my instincts were all wrong though. Before the mission today I was shouting at my computer "NO...NO....Don't leave no margin for error. Remember the Arrest!" On Danny's suggestion to send all 20 on the mission....I would have gone the other way. no one on the mission, focus all on converting the camp.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #1818
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

All that work catching up...and now I'm stuck with the realization that I'm playing with myself.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #1819
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm here for you man
Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #1820
Danny
Head Coach

*quietly leaves the room after reading the last two posts*
Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #1821
Danny
Head Coach

I also think Glengoyne is likely good as well. We've all commented on how Schmidty is more active when he has a role and I think he was a villager.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #1822
Poli
FOFC Survivor

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE THE JACKAL

Good job, Norm. Looks like I wasn't too far off base in the last game day, then.

So, Jack, how'd you like the protect job I pulled on Eaglefan? Wasn't that awesome?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #1823
Poli
FOFC Survivor

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #1824
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why are you taking it so personally? Fact is, you're likely to be the target next lynch. By scanning you, you can avoid either us catching another wolf or clearing someone like CR who would be of great value to us as a trusted person.

Fact is by voting me tomarrow and not scanning me tonight you waste a vote on a villager.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #1825
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

You guys wonder why I'm getting so pissed..

You are telling me that I'm the vote tomarrow.

I'm asking to be scanned.

You are saying this is a wasted scan as I'm going to be the lynch tomarrow.

You tell me I'm getting lynched tomarrow and that by scanning me you are missing a chance to clear someone else, that I guess, I should just accept my lynching.

Am I not worth being cleared? And why should I just accept my lynching when I know I'm a villager?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #1826
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Fact is by voting me tomarrow and not scanning me tonight you waste a vote on a villager.

I don't really buy the play when a vanilla villager says scan me. If I was a possibility to be scanned I would rather Norm scan someone else and potentially find a wolf and have everyone lynch me then have no chance at finding a wolf by scanning me.

Asking to be scanned usually has an ulterior motive and since we have our roles out there, it's likely not the motive of clearing someone with an important role.

You may be good, but I still don't like the play of pushing to be scanned yourself.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM   #1827
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
You guys wonder why I'm getting so pissed..

You are telling me that I'm the vote tomarrow.

You are saying this is a wasted scan as I'm going to be the lynch tomarrow.

You tell me I'm getting lynched tomarrow and that by scanning me you are missing a chance to clear someone else, that I guess, I should just accept my lynching.

Am I not worth being cleared? And why should I just accept my lynching when I know I'm a villager?

You shouldn't accept your lynching, but if you are a villager then you should want someone else who might be a wolf scanned and then try and avoid the lynch the old fashioned way.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #1828
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Is there a cunning? If there is, that doesn't completely clear the good scans.

Not saying we should suspect them, just don't want us to overlook that, or the chance that someone could be bribed.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #1829
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Is there a cunning? If there is, that doesn't completely clear the good scans.

Not saying we should suspect them, just don't want us to overlook that, or the chance that someone could be bribed.

Of course and there's definitely the chance someone was bribed the first night that there was no kill. Every other night we a night action that eliminates a bribe.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #1830
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post

While someone is arrested they are not in the game at all.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #1831
Danny
Head Coach

My opinion that a bribe has not been done yet as the first no kill night seems too early in the game for a bribe. I'm guessing the wolves accumulate money each night and probably couldn't start off the game with a bribe.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #1832
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't really buy the play when a vanilla villager says scan me. If I was a possibility to be scanned I would rather Norm scan someone else and potentially find a wolf and have everyone lynch me then have no chance at finding a wolf by scanning me.

Asking to be scanned usually has an ulterior motive and since we have our roles out there, it's likely not the motive of clearing someone with an important role.

You may be good, but I still don't like the play of pushing to be scanned yourself.

So you are saying that a CoT has never won a game? A CoT is the easiest way to win a game, the bigger the CoT the easier the game becomes. It is not always about finding wolves. If a seer can come out and clear half the villager he has done more than he would have if he came out and figured a wolf or two.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #1833
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 1831:

Work:
Hunting - Danny (1534), Barkeep49 (1536), jeheinz72 (1593), ntndeacon (1599), The Jackal (1626), TheNorm (1651), EagleFan (1706), dubb93 (1724), PurdueBrad (1729) (9/10)
Patrol - Chief Rum x3 (1528), Lathum (1709) (4/10)
Mission - claphamsa (1588), DaddyTorgo (1608), Poli (1620) (3/?) - locked (1632)
Jail - USFLTecmo (1642)

Voting:
Jackal 9 - TheNorm (1545), Lathum (1708), EagleFan (1743), dubb93 (1745), Danny (1752), PurdueBrad (1758), DaddyTorgo (1795), Glengoyne (1817), Poli (1823)
TheNorm 1 - jeheinz72 (1682)

No work orders: Glengoyne, RendeR

No vote: claphamsa, ntndeacon, Chief Rum, The Jackal, RendeR, Barkeep49
Old 05-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #1834
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So you are saying that a CoT has never won a game? A CoT is the easiest way to win a game, the bigger the CoT the easier the game becomes. It is not always about finding wolves. If a seer can come out and clear half the villager he has done more than he would have if he came out and figured a wolf or two.

Any by scanning someone else he can also clear a villager, but there is the possibility he finds a wolf. It's not a question of a 6 person CoT vs 1 wolf, we already have 5 in the CoT. Finding a wolf is far greater than clearing one more person. I stand by what I said, as a villager I would rather have someone else scanned which will either clear them or find a wolf and then have me lynched then be scanned. It's not the selfish play, but a better villager play, I don't see how any logic could say otherwise.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #1835
Danny
Head Coach

I think moving forward is when we really have to worry about a potential bribe.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #1836
Poli
FOFC Survivor

What's the 3/? on me for, Eags?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #1837
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Any by scanning someone else he can also clear a villager, but there is the possibility he finds a wolf. It's not a question of a 6 person CoT vs 1 wolf, we already have 5 in the CoT. Finding a wolf is far greater than clearing one more person. I stand by what I said, as a villager I would rather have someone else scanned which will either clear them or find a wolf and then have me lynched then be scanned. It's not the selfish play, but a better villager play, I don't see how any logic could say otherwise.

All logic says lynching me is a horrible play. I can't sit by and let myself get lynched. If you are saying that by scanning someone else there is a chance of villager/wolf then why are you not willing to admit I could be villager? Why do you appear to be dead set for lynching me and not allowing me to be cleared?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #1838
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

CoT:
Poli
Barkeep
TheNorm
EagleFan

Outer Ring (a possible cunning is all the keeps him fro a lock at the moment):
Lathum

Good feel about:
Glengoyne/Schmidty
Danny
RendeR

Sympathiser
The Jackal

4. dubb - a lot of suspicion around him at the moment
5. claphamsa - no good read at the moment
6. ntndeacon - is he playing?
7. USFLTecmo - wolf plan to arrest their own?
11. Chief Rum - haven't seen his usual lay it all on the line posts that I've seen from him when he is a villager
12. DaddyTorgo - seems to be doing a lot of following, have seen that as a wolf
14. PurdueBrad - still suspicious of the switch from the mission day 2, especially now with TheNorm being good and Jackal being bad (didn't Jackal go on the mission that day? It would make sense that they did not want multiple wolves on the mission when they decided to arrest me)
20. jeheinz - I always think he is a wolf, need to look at a little more as Ihave no read at the moment.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #1839
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
What's the 3/? on me for, Eags?

That was the mission totals. We had 3 people with an unknown number needed, hence the 3/?.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #1840
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
All logic says lynching me is a horrible play. I can't sit by and let myself get lynched. If you are saying that by scanning someone else there is a chance of villager/wolf then why are you not willing to admit I could be villager? Why do you appear to be dead set for lynching me and not allowing me to be cleared?

I already said you could be good and I never said I am certain to vote for you.

You still can't create an argument that refutes the logic I laid out that as a villager it is a better play for the village to encourage someone else to be scanned. Worse case a different villager gets cleared. Best case, a wolf is nabbed.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #1841
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think moving forward is when we really have to worry about a potential bribe.

I agree whole heartedly. I would guess that Lathum or I would be the top targets for a bribe at the moment. Of course there is always the risk for them that we can't be bribed. I wonder how an unsuccessful bribe would hurt them. Realistically you would think that the person would be uncovered as it should be pretty obvious who you are turning down for a bribe.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #1842
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Realistically you would think that the person would be uncovered as it should be pretty obvious who you are turning down for a bribe.

I'd have to think so and that is the risk in the wolves attempting a bribe. Otherwise there is no downside to the wolves attempting the bribe.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #1843
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Hunting shows us a 9/10 so far but that should probably read 8/10 as Jackal shouldn't be counted.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #1844
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gotcha, and agreed. I'm hitting the hay, gentlemen.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #1845
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Work Breakdown

Day One
Gladhandling: jeheinz72, claphamsa, dubb93, Lathum, Schmidty
Oratory: Passacaglia, PurdueBrad, Autumn, DaddyTorgo, Chief Rum, USFLTecmo, path12

Mission: Poli, Jackal, RendeR, ntndeacon, Danny, EagleFan, Barkeep49, TheNorm

Day Two
Patrol: Chief Rum, USFLTecmo
Food Distirbution: Lathum, Barkeep49, PurdueBrad, jeheinz72, dubb93, Autumn, TheNorm, Danny, Passacaglia
Organizing: claphamsa, Schmidty, ntndeacon, DaddyTorgo

Mission: Poli, Jackal, RendeR

Arrested: EagleFan

Day Three
Gladhandling: dubb93, claphamsa, jeheinz72
Oratory: DaddyTorgo, Autumn, RendeR
Treasury: Barkeep49, EagleFan, USFLTecmo, Lathum, TheNorm, Chief Rum
Organization: PurdueBrad, ntndeacon, Poli, Jackal, Passacaglia
Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #1846
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What if Schmidty (now Glengoyne) is a sympathiser.

We were succeful on day one. Day two we failed because they had me arrested, day three we failed because Schmidty did nothing, day four we will probably fail because of an arrest.

Each failure was due to a x3 missing work. We know that 2 were directly because of the actions of sympathisers. The day that Schmidty missed both Jackal and Pass were on the same task. They could not have been planning on faking work and giving us at least a 2/5 chance of nailing a sympathiser.

Could Schmidty missing have been part of the plan?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #1847
Danny
Head Coach

I really don't think Schmidty planned to not be active, miss his work and then drop the game. Even if he was a sympathizer I don't think he missed his work on purpose.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #1848
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
[color="Green"]
11. Chief Rum - haven't seen his usual lay it all on the line posts that I've seen from him when he is a villager.

Well, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I could pull something outta my ass if you want.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #1849
RendeR
Coordinator

I'll add my one point to finish off Hunting and of course vote Jackal

WORK HUNTING

VOTE THE JACKAL

may not be back on before deadline tonight, I'll catch up whenever I can make it back.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #1850
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote jackyl

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote