Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #1801
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Why would that be a surprise, you got a whippin? I don't think anyone expected you to have a decent amount of health. Unless of course you are supposed to have freakish regeneration powers.

But basically I guess you are saying that a special attack stopped you from healing as much as you should. Did Cannonball attack you? I think he said he was not going to admit to what his attack should have done. Maybe he can add something here.

(Cannonball)

I admitted I did one damage to both Iron Man and Hawkeye. I said I would not reveal how much I healed from a question from someone, Warpath I believe. My attack cannot prevent someone from healing.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #1802
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tell ya what Warpath, lets back up. Why don;t you list for me your reasons for killing me, in a nice simple list and then I'll respond to each.

-Hawkeye

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #1803
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
OOC - Okay everybody, hoops just sent me a PM saying that he screwed up and I have more energy than he thought I did. This is important for the following reason:

I have a special ability I can trigger at night where I can craft a super-special arrow of my choice, with GM approval. I am one energy away from this special ability.

I propose, that if you do not kill me today, I will try to craft an arrow tonight, pending approval of the GM, that will do something like reveal that I am on the side of light, or maybe a one time seer action, or whatnot. It would be pending GM apporval, but I'd be willing to spend all of my energy to do it if it'll clear me and keep me in a fun game!

-Hawkeye
One energy away means you would have to wait until tomorrow to do this, as you cant use the energy you will gain at the end of the night, no? If so, your asking us not to kill you today or tomorrow, which i might be ok with but others wont.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #1804
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(X)

My dear MoonKnight, I know I am part of The 12 because every night I can choose to spend energy casting about to find out the identity of a member of The 12. To find out who we need to protect. Happens that last night I cast around and found out that I am along with Captain America.

(ooc) seems kinda weird in character but its true. I find out 1 identity at random...last night the die apparently chose me

back to work now. home in 6 or so.

(/ooc)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #1805
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
One energy away means you would have to wait until tomorrow to do this, as you cant use the energy you will gain at the end of the night, no? If so, your asking us not to kill you today or tomorrow, which i might be ok with but others wont.

(ooc)Hmmm.. A valid point, I admit, and I hadn't thought of that. Forgot when energy was given duirng the night cycle and just looked it up(/ooc)

-Anxiety

Old 01-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #1806
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tell ya what Warpath, lets back up. Why don;t you list for me your reasons for killing me, in a nice simple list and then I'll respond to each.

-Hawkeye

One good reason is to figure out which side the people who actively had been trying to save you are on. No one came to Mystique's aid the same way or Ironman's aid the same way. The attacks were definitly maneuvered for your preservation yesterday and your story today screams out some need for preservation.

It just smells fishy to me, and if I'm wrong when you die I don't care if people come after me.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #1807
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
One good reason is to figure out which side the people who actively had been trying to save you are on. No one came to Mystique's aid the same way or Ironman's aid the same way. The attacks were definitly maneuvered for your preservation yesterday and your story today screams out some need for preservation.

It just smells fishy to me, and if I'm wrong when you die I don't care if people come after me.
I like this thinkin'.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #1808
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Any other reasons?

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #1809
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(X)

My dear MoonKnight, I know I am part of The 12 because every night I can choose to spend energy casting about to find out the identity of a member of The 12. To find out who we need to protect. Happens that last night I cast around and found out that I am along with Captain America.

(ooc) seems kinda weird in character but its true. I find out 1 identity at random...last night the die apparently chose me

back to work now. home in 6 or so.

(/ooc)
Im willing to believe this, im just trying to wrap my head around why the one person i trusted(for the most part) chose to go after you...again...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:54 PM   #1810
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
(ooc) ok just reread my pm. it looks like in my hasteto post quickly earlier at work I could have misinterperted (/ooc)

(X)

Sinister came to visit me last night as I was projecting an illusion of myself. He spoke of war making strange bedfellows and tentacles arose from the floor to encase the illusion of me as he approached with a drawn needle. At that point he realized it was an illusion and said that I was a fool and we could have done great things together (paraphrase). He stormed out, quite alive.

(ooc) apparently I drastically misread that in my haste to post and get back to work in like 4 minutes. if I had to guess now I would say that sinister was our seer and that that was his way of getting information (maybe night 1 target can verify?). So Sinister came to scan me, not kill me. Sorry I saw tentacles holding me and a needle and assumed "coming to kill me" and backed out and posted quickly. I just wasn't expecting the seer to be so...violent.

(/ooc)

What doesn't make sense to me is that if Sinister did have seer abilities, why was he scanning you last night? He had already come out and vouched for you.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #1811
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I really think everyone needs to look at Magneto, Warpath and Spiderman.

I know those three, and they are not on the level. I would put Deadpool next on the list.

Someone sure is getting defensive, aren't they?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #1812
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't know why he was scanning me after vouching for me. or maybe it was an illusion of some sort attacking me?

I'm late back to work. ttyl
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #1813
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I have a tough time believing hoops would screw up, actually.

DD

There is an insane amount of stuff to track in this game. I would encourage people to ask questions if there appears to be an issue with health/energy/whatever.

Most of the questions have revolved around the use of passive powers - they run every day, whether you use them or not. But in the case of Anxiety's I clearly read one thing on my spreadsheet and typed another.

I will neither confirm nor deny anything related to the rest of his post.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #1814
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll wait to discuss my attack further with my team before I launch one. I would like to know if Magneto and Cannonball will continue to go after Hawkeye with me. I for one am not willing to wait 3 days (today, tommorrow for him to get the point and the next day to find the results) to find out more information about him and the people who maneuvered things so he wouldn't die yesterday. By that point, Apocolypse could have won.

I would like to revenge Mystique's death, would like to find out where others stand and see who is still willing to try to defend Hawkeye today. Something smells rotten, and I don't think its the fish here.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:04 PM   #1815
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll wait to discuss my attack further with my team before I launch one. I would like to know if Magneto and Cannonball will continue to go after Hawkeye with me. I for one am not willing to wait 3 days (today, tommorrow for him to get the point and the next day to find the results) to find out more information about him and the people who maneuvered things so he wouldn't die yesterday. By that point, Apocolypse could have won.

I would like to revenge Mystique's death, would like to find out where others stand and see who is still willing to try to defend Hawkeye today. Something smells rotten, and I don't think its the fish here.

I asked earlier, still asking - do you have any other reason to vote for me other than "It would reveal my side, and you could sue that info."

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 04:15 PM   #1816
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I asked earlier, still asking - do you have any other reason to vote for me other than "It would reveal my side, and you could sue that info."

-Hawkeye

Not sure what else you want that I havent already given. I stated my opinion of your day 1 activity, your response was that you didnt use a special attack (even though the moderator notes stated you did), and that your arrows are special depending on the situation. Instead of allowing us to see if you have a normal attack the next day, you chose to not attack at all.

I brought up my concerns about you and a few others yesterday. Most of the others met my concerns with at least reasonable responses. Your response was to attack back and claim I was only going after you because of your connection issues. Despite having time to attack back, you chose not to take the time to attack however.

I then later gave my grading scale on my thoughts of people, not even based around you. I came out and said that I didn't view the points as meaning guilt or not, and in fact didn't even bring up the person tied with you in points on my scale as I felt ok with him. Yet you said once again I was attacking you because of not being online or having connection problems.

I stated several times that some individuals had gone out of their way to ensure someone other than you would be the main attack target yesterday, leaving us with a cloud of uncertainty about you and these others. It was highly odd that the attack was moved off of you to a member of the 12. I feel it would be very good to tie up loose ends and figure out where you and those people stand. If we do not do that today, then we will possibly lose the opportunity.

Your story seems very odd that you have this power that could have cleared you as good and instead of using it you chose to go out of your way to kill Ironman on day 1 (one of the 12.) I know if I had such a power, I would have focused on using it to clear me early on as something so special would obviously take priority over trying to make sure someone I don't know is good or not met their doom.

I feel really good about the possibilty of you being bad, and if by some chance you aren't, I highly doubt you are one of the 12 due to the way Mystique was killed and not you. I doubt you can convince me any longer, but I sure hope you don't cloud the mind of those who would like to see Apocolypse defeated today.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #1817
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I only have 2 minutes left on my short break at work but I just got my PM and want you all to know...MR. SINISTER IS EVIL!!

my plan of drawing attention to myself and projecting an illusion worked. sinister came to my room and attacked my illusion and left with me alive.

we have our first confirmed member of the side of evil. I call upon all mutants and heroes who are good to attack Mr. Sinister!

I shall do so on my half hour break in a couple hours. must work again now.

do not believe any lies he tells. note that he came out as trustung me completely BEFORE any night actions and thus the only way he could have known I was a member of the 12 (which I am I found out) is by being evil.

too bad you came after me sinister!

(OOC)This is what I get for heading to a movie after church (OOC)

(Mandarin)

This is confusing. didn't he support you yesterday Professor? I thought he was the first to really support you. If Sinister is evil, it looks as if we have a good candidate for day.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #1818
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's going to be fun to watch Mandarin catch up.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 04:25 PM   #1819
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The heroes spend a restless night deliberating on the events of the past two days. It has been much harder than expected to root out the forces of Apocalypse - in fact, you have been manipulated into taking the lives of two of the Twelve! The fear is that Apocalypse is conserving his strength for a mighty blow - one that comes on this evening.

The screams of Nathaniel Essex reverberate through the quarters. They come from just outside the quarters of Professor Xavier. Although the heroes assemble on the scene quickly, they are not in time to discover the identity of the attacker. You get only a glimpse of an armored figure, holding a glowing blade and Sinister's head, who is teleported away instantly upon your arrival.

Day 3 has begun.

(Mandarin)

wow. First Sinister is evil, then killed by the horseman. I need to mull this over. hopefully by the time I catch up, I will be less confused.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #1820
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
We know:

Sinister was good
Sinister publically stated he felt ProfessorX was his highest trusted person.
Sinister was killed outside of ProfessorX's home.

We assume:

Sinister either visited or was in the process of visiting ProfessorX last night.
Sinister wouldn't have been there to perform some form of good guy assasination attempt of someone he trusted.

We don't know:
Why Professor saw that He was attacked by sinister.

-------------------------

I would assume if Professor had been to kill sinister, the death would have occured at Sinister's home. With the death occuring outside of the professor's home, it seems to imply to me that Sinister set up the visit with the Professor.

I don't know what the Professor claimed to have seen, but this seems like a huge distraction tactic to me. Sinister felt we would be best served to eliminate Hawkeye today, and I agree with that approach. I feel someone wanted to create some form of huge diversion from that so Hawkeye could fade into the shadows and heal himself.

(Mandarin)

We also don't know if Sinister did not use those tentacles to attack Prof. X's image, then who did.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM   #1821
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay DT,

I asked once and so did Swaggs and Blade, how do you know that you are one of the 12? Also, if you posted the "I know Sinister is bad" message prior to night PMs, then you are saying you knew this from night 1?? What made you think Sinister was bad?

(Mandarin)

it took a few people asking about this before I went back and reread it. I am looking forward to finding out this answer as well.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 PM   #1822
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Compelled to say that, maybe?

Catching up quickly. This is what I am wondering.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:41 PM   #1823
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
As he said, he received his message from the aether, from this "PeeEmm". What it revealed is anybody's guess, and frankly, those who listen to voices in the dark are probably a little imblanced themselves.

-Hawkeye

(Mandarin)

MAybe he meant Emma Peel. (Oh wait that is the wrong Avengers)
Old 01-21-2007, 04:45 PM   #1824
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure what else you want that I havent already given. I stated my opinion of your day 1 activity, your response was that you didnt use a special attack (even though the moderator notes stated you did), and that your arrows are special depending on the situation. Instead of allowing us to see if you have a normal attack the next day, you chose to not attack at all.

I brought up my concerns about you and a few others yesterday. Most of the others met my concerns with at least reasonable responses. Your response was to attack back and claim I was only going after you because of your connection issues. Despite having time to attack back, you chose not to take the time to attack however.

I then later gave my grading scale on my thoughts of people, not even based around you. I came out and said that I didn't view the points as meaning guilt or not, and in fact didn't even bring up the person tied with you in points on my scale as I felt ok with him. Yet you said once again I was attacking you because of not being online or having connection problems.

I stated several times that some individuals had gone out of their way to ensure someone other than you would be the main attack target yesterday, leaving us with a cloud of uncertainty about you and these others. It was highly odd that the attack was moved off of you to a member of the 12. I feel it would be very good to tie up loose ends and figure out where you and those people stand. If we do not do that today, then we will possibly lose the opportunity.

Your story seems very odd that you have this power that could have cleared you as good and instead of using it you chose to go out of your way to kill Ironman on day 1 (one of the 12.) I know if I had such a power, I would have focused on using it to clear me early on as something so special would obviously take priority over trying to make sure someone I don't know is good or not met their doom.

I feel really good about the possibilty of you being bad, and if by some chance you aren't, I highly doubt you are one of the 12 due to the way Mystique was killed and not you. I doubt you can convince me any longer, but I sure hope you don't cloud the mind of those who would like to see Apocolypse defeated today.

This is what I was looking for thanks. Now I can see it all in front of me and respond in order:

1). You can't honestly punish me for not attacking yesterday because I didn't attack. One of your claims is that since I didn't attack yesterday, I can't prove that I have a bunch of different attacks. However, I have claimed I have a bunch of different attacks for a while. As proof:

Post 183, by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
We have a person with obvious energy oriented powers, someone with "sonar" and cool fighting abilities, and my arrows run the gambut with a variety of various tricks and attacks. That's pretty well rounded so far.

Also, you would expect some characters to have a diversity array of attacks, like Mandarin with his ten power rings or me with my qiuver of various arrows. Each of my special arrows use the same number of energy, so I can bascially choose the best fit for my needs. It's the same amount of energy I gain in a day, so I lose nothing in using it.

2. I have never claimed that you specially targeted me because I was out for a period yesterday, only that I thought some may have pushed my way.

Post 1110 by myself
Quote:
Sorry, hit enter too soon trying to type as quickly as I can, because itsa very intermittent.

that the person with the admittiedly conn problems is also the one under cscrunity. ask yourselfvew if 24 people the one is unde the microspace if that's not someone tyring to manipulate the sitaution.

3. You claim that unlike others, I just attacked you back yesterday. However, I never directly responded to anything you said, I didn;t have enough time. The only responde I made to anybody was in post 1086 when I responded to LSG's post. I never attacked you, never addressed you personally, and never respodned to a signle post of yours.

4. If I were a bad guy, with a large target on my back, standard bad guy strategy is to back away, not draw attention to yoruself by linking with a person who is about to die. If you defend a person about to die who is a bad guy, you are instantly suspected as well, and often taken down quickly. It is earlier to hide in a crowd of 18-20 than in a crowd of 1-3. Your claim that some people may have defended me flies in the face of this wisdom. That leaves you with two possibilities. Either I;m a bad guy and other baddies are keeping me alive which seriously endangers them, or I'm a good guy. Occam's Razor suggests the latter.

5. If others responded to your early thoughts with valid points, and you moved elsewhere, then I should be granted the same opportunity here. Instead of continuing to trade "I'm right, you're wrong barbs," I initiated a conversation where we could lay it all out on the table and deal with it constructively.

6. I think you misunderstand my power to craft an arrow. I can only do it at night - no help on Day One. I don't know what I can and cannot do until a higher authority tells me so, that's creates uncertainty, and it takes a ton of energy, more than I began with. I got my energy gain for yesterday with no attack, and I'm still short by a bit. It's a lot of eggs in one basket for the ability. That's why I wasn't worried about it early, although I did submit some early ideas for arrows including a sonic arrow and an adamantium arrow. With this clarification about hte ability (and to be fair, reiteration of stuff I said previously which you may have understood), I hope this helps.

The previous post, fyi:

Quote:
OOC - Okay everybody, hoops just sent me a PM saying that he screwed up and I have more energy than he thought I did. This is important for the following reason:

I have a special ability I can trigger at night where I can craft a super-special arrow of my choice, with GM approval. I am one energy away from this special ability.

I propose, that if you do not kill me today, I will try to craft an arrow tonight, pending approval of the GM, that will do something like reveal that I am on the side of light, or maybe a one time seer action, or whatnot. It would be pending GM apporval, but I'd be willing to spend all of my energy to do it if it'll clear me and keep me in a fun game!

You'll note that the important points - how much energy it takes, at night, and approval from a higher authority are all there. This is very in line with what I, Hawkeye, have done all my archer-lovin' life, I've crafted all of my arrows.

7. Attacking Mystique does not defend me. Multiple people can die, and attacking a vulnerable target and dealing more damage to her did not save me. Two people can die in a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Additionally, a second character who sustain a level of effective damage greater than or equal to twice their health rating (ex: Health of 6, if reduced to -6 or less they would fall under this rule) will suffer the same fate.

Therefore, attacking a weak person did not save me by replacing her with me. With that, the number of actions that you perceive as being for my benefit really isn't. I think you've built all of your premises on the assumption that I am a baddie, and are seeing everything through those glasses.

Hope this helps!!!

-Your Arrow Makin' Hawkeye

P.S. - Besides, if my Deus Ex Arrow plan works and is approved, wouldn;t that give you all of the info you want anyway, but without a good guy dying and you and others wastign a day attacking me? Isn't that int eh best interest of everybody.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #1825
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Did Cheif Rum ever get a replacement?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #1826
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Did Cheif Rum ever get a replacement?

Waiting on a response to a PM on this very topic. I'll post when we have a replacment and update the roster accordingly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #1827
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
(ooc) ok just reread my pm. it looks like in my hasteto post quickly earlier at work I could have misinterperted (/ooc)

(X)

Sinister came to visit me last night as I was projecting an illusion of myself. He spoke of war making strange bedfellows and tentacles arose from the floor to encase the illusion of me as he approached with a drawn needle. At that point he realized it was an illusion and said that I was a fool and we could have done great things together (paraphrase). He stormed out, quite alive.

(ooc) apparently I drastically misread that in my haste to post and get back to work in like 4 minutes. if I had to guess now I would say that sinister was our seer and that that was his way of getting information (maybe night 1 target can verify?). So Sinister came to scan me, not kill me. Sorry I saw tentacles holding me and a needle and assumed "coming to kill me" and backed out and posted quickly. I just wasn't expecting the seer to be so...violent.

(/ooc)

(Mandarin)
Well that explains part of it but not knowing he was/is of the 12
Old 01-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #1828
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hawkeye, it seems that I am the only one willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I am afraid that Warpath along with others will attack you today not only because of your low health, but because they feel there is nobody else worthy of death right now.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #1829
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Directed to AlanT -

Oh, forgot, you also claim that I once claimed that my Acid Arrow was not a special attack, and then changed my story. Actually, that's not true. Here is my first post about my attack:

Post 869
Quote:
I will come right out and put it all on the line, because I think this is how we snuff out the baddies. My arrow is specially powerful against armored foes and should have dealt five of the 19, barring pluses my tream may have gotten.

I was also the first to jump in and help out everybody with damage and whatnot. I admit that it's special then. Later, I address the arrow issue a second time:

Post 1587, in response to you:

Quote:
Is the fact that you targetted me because I used an acid arrow instead of a "quote" normal attack? Is that the bee in your bonnet? I have a whole quiver of special arrows designed for a large number of situations, every one is special dear.

I never made one claim and then jumped to another.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #1830
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here's a question I have on a completed unrelated matter. Spidey, you claimed numerous times early that you thought I was a bad guy, yet never attacked me or anybody else. Maybe you explianed it and I missed it in my speed reading through previous posts, but why?

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #1831
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is what I was looking for thanks. Now I can see it all in front of me and respond in order:

1). You can't honestly punish me for not attacking yesterday because I didn't attack. One of your claims is that since I didn't attack yesterday, I can't prove that I have a bunch of different attacks. However, I have claimed I have a bunch of different attacks for a while. As proof:

Post 183, by me

Also, you would expect some characters to have a diversity array of attacks, like Mandarin with his ten power rings or me with my qiuver of various arrows. Each of my special arrows use the same number of energy, so I can bascially choose the best fit for my needs. It's the same amount of energy I gain in a day, so I lose nothing in using it.

2. I have never claimed that you specially targeted me because I was out for a period yesterday, only that I thought some may have pushed my way.

Post 1110 by myself

3. You claim that unlike others, I just attacked you back yesterday. However, I never directly responded to anything you said, I didn;t have enough time. The only responde I made to anybody was in post 1086 when I responded to LSG's post. I never attacked you, never addressed you personally, and never respodned to a signle post of yours.

4. If I were a bad guy, with a large target on my back, standard bad guy strategy is to back away, not draw attention to yoruself by linking with a person who is about to die. If you defend a person about to die who is a bad guy, you are instantly suspected as well, and often taken down quickly. It is earlier to hide in a crowd of 18-20 than in a crowd of 1-3. Your claim that some people may have defended me flies in the face of this wisdom. That leaves you with two possibilities. Either I;m a bad guy and other baddies are keeping me alive which seriously endangers them, or I'm a good guy. Occam's Razor suggests the latter.

5. If others responded to your early thoughts with valid points, and you moved elsewhere, then I should be granted the same opportunity here. Instead of continuing to trade "I'm right, you're wrong barbs," I initiated a conversation where we could lay it all out on the table and deal with it constructively.

6. I think you misunderstand my power to craft an arrow. I can only do it at night - no help on Day One. I don't know what I can and cannot do until a higher authority tells me so, that's creates uncertainty, and it takes a ton of energy, more than I began with. I got my energy gain for yesterday with no attack, and I'm still short by a bit. It's a lot of eggs in one basket for the ability. That's why I wasn't worried about it early, although I did submit some early ideas for arrows including a sonic arrow and an adamantium arrow. With this clarification about hte ability (and to be fair, reiteration of stuff I said previously which you may have understood), I hope this helps.

The previous post, fyi:

You'll note that the important points - how much energy it takes, at night, and approval from a higher authority are all there. This is very in line with what I, Hawkeye, have done all my archer-lovin' life, I've crafted all of my arrows.

7. Attacking Mystique does not defend me. Multiple people can die, and attacking a vulnerable target and dealing more damage to her did not save me. Two people can die in a day.

Therefore, attacking a weak person did not save me by replacing her with me. With that, the number of actions that you perceive as being for my benefit really isn't. I think you've built all of your premises on the assumption that I am a baddie, and are seeing everything through those glasses.

Hope this helps!!!

-Your Arrow Makin' Hawkeye

P.S. - Besides, if my Deus Ex Arrow plan works and is approved, wouldn;t that give you all of the info you want anyway, but without a good guy dying and you and others wastign a day attacking me? Isn't that int eh best interest of everybody.

Post #559 (2:47PM) Hawkeye attacks Iron Man (Acid Arrow - special attack)
Post #1266 (5:31PM) Mandarin attacks Hawkeye (ring - fire)

One looks like a special attack, one doesn't. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the difference between the two are.

You can't tell me how bad guys act when cornered, because they all act differently all the time. Some players act entirely differently when a bad guy each time as well. I don't find your reply valid here as we have seen many many times a bad guy save another bad guy due to some power they have thats important to keep around.

Just like so often, right now I don't think I'll be able to target my efforts elsewhere until I have some form of conclusion here. You said you can only create your arrows at night, and you craft all of your arrows, yet you had some special arrows available before the first night. I just don't think I will have the patience to wait tonight for you to get enough points to make another arrow, the next night for you to put in the order, and the following day three days from now to present said arrow to us. In that time, 6-8 of the 12 could easily be targeted and we'll be in end game.

I don't buy your story, I think its a wonderful tale and one that you should be proud of as a bad guy.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #1832
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's going to be fun to watch Mandarin catch up.

DD

Just see to it, that I get to watch you catch up later.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #1833
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

(Wolverine)

Still trying to figure out the horse statue at Doom's doombot's death. Tonight's lynch didn't produce a horse statue.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #1834
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Here's a question I have on a completed unrelated matter. Spidey, you claimed numerous times early that you thought I was a bad guy, yet never attacked me or anybody else. Maybe you explianed it and I missed it in my speed reading through previous posts, but why?

-Hawkeye

I'm a really weak character. Realistically, if I'm going to attack, I can only do so once a day, so I need to make sure that it's a good attack. I waited until the end of the day to determine if I was going to attack you or not, but I felt that by then it wouldn't matter. I expected you to die, and therefore decided to hold on to my attack and not spend any energy that day.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #1835
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

Still trying to figure out the horse statue at Doom's doombot's death. Tonight's lynch didn't produce a horse statue.

(Mandarin)

True, Wolverine, however it did not leave a corpse either. Or if it did the head wasn't attached.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #1836
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think I believe the Professor. Thinking about how things might be setup, in large games often you need to weaken the seer role somehow to make things fair for the bad guys. I wouldn't be suprised to see a reduced seer, or some how a seer type component split among a few people.

I think the Professor might be pretty close to our seer or one of the pieces for us. It seems one of the things to make things easier on evil is they just have to eliminate the 12. So knowing who those are is a key component for us to be able to protect them. I am hoping the professor will be able to provide us more names in the near future. I just worry that as he names them they might become night target attacks, but it at least balances the playing field for us some.

One question for Captain America, you say you trust your teammate Britian. Do you have a factual reason to trust him, or is it just based off of feeling? If you can fully trust him with factual reason to, thats a three person CoT to start with (Professor, Cpt.America, Cpt.Britian) that can hopefully be built upon in upcoming days.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #1837
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Post #559 (2:47PM) Hawkeye attacks Iron Man (Acid Arrow - special attack)
Post #1266 (5:31PM) Mandarin attacks Hawkeye (ring - fire)

One looks like a special attack, one doesn't. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the difference between the two are.

Like I mentioned above, I never claimed that my attack was anythign other than special, just that I have numerous ones.

Here is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT

Note, I pointed out above, and quoted myself that I never made the claim that my attack was non-special, only that I have several. Your claim that "I responded that I didn't use a special attack" is simply false, as I quoted above.

Do you see how it all snowballs? You believe I'm on the side of apoc, and then you even honestly beleive that I'm saying things I never did (as evidenced by the posts that I quoted above). Now, despite the fact that I defended myself better than others did yesterday against your verbalized suspicions, and you moved on, you've become fixated. You are imaging me saying things I didn't, misinterpretating the first post hwere I mentioned my ability to craft a special arrow, and so forth. Step back, reread my posts that I quote and that I posted, and reassess.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #1838
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Now you all see why ProfessorX's story seems a bit off to me. I woke hearing Sinister cry out for help, but wasn't in time to see anyone. I don't know what to make of ProfessorX's story right now, but I can't imagine someone would post that right before killing Sinister if he was bad.

I wonder why you heard Sinister's cry, but no one else did (assuming no one else comes forward with a similar story)?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #1839
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Just see to it, that I get to watch you catch up later.
Throws flag.

Reaching. On the mandarin team. 15 yards, repeat of down.

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #1840
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
(Wolverine)

Good point!

DD
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #1841
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Throws flag.

Reaching. On the mandarin team. 15 yards, repeat of down.

DD

maybe so but funny nonetheless.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #1842
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
(Wolverine)

Could it be because last night was a successful attack, whereas the first night's attack on Dr. Doom was thwarted?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #1843
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm a really weak character. Realistically, if I'm going to attack, I can only do so once a day, so I need to make sure that it's a good attack. I waited until the end of the day to determine if I was going to attack you or not, but I felt that by then it wouldn't matter. I expected you to die, and therefore decided to hold on to my attack and not spend any energy that day.

SPIDER-MAN

Fair enough Spidey, thanks.

-The Hawkeye of Your Dreams

Old 01-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #1844
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like I mentioned above, I never claimed that my attack was anythign other than special, just that I have numerous ones.

Here is what you said:

Note, I pointed out above, and quoted myself that I never made the claim that my attack was non-special, only that I have several. Your claim that "I responded that I didn't use a special attack" is simply false, as I quoted above.

Do you see how it all snowballs? You believe I'm on the side of apoc, and then you even honestly beleive that I'm saying things I never did (as evidenced by the posts that I quoted above). Now, despite the fact that I defended myself better than others did yesterday against your verbalized suspicions, and you moved on, you've become fixated. You are imaging me saying things I didn't, misinterpretating the first post hwere I mentioned my ability to craft a special arrow, and so forth. Step back, reread my posts that I quote and that I posted, and reassess.

-Hawkeye

You stated that your attacks are all different types of arrows for as the correct situation arises. You compared it to Mandarin and his different rings. The difference is both of Mandarin's rings have been stated as normal attacks (1 electric, 1 fire), your only attack was listed as a special attack. Its clearly not the same thing. When I brought this up yesterday you disputed that you went out of your way to make sure one of the 12 died, but instead said you just have different arrows depending on what the need might be.

I have to assume if its like you say, your attacks would look more like Mandarin's attacks. Once again I find it discouraging that you couldn't prove me wrong yesterday by doing another "normal" attack and having it show up with the special attack flag.

Who knows, maybe I am way wrong, but to me it just feels like you had energy issues and needed to save up some for a night attack or such. You asked where my suspicion came from and I provided it to you.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #1845
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN

(Venom)

You lie Spiderman! If you did a regular 1 pt attack, you would still net the same energy as not attacking at all.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #1846
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Your math is correct, Venom, but you don't know my situation. Some energy needs to be conserved so that I might be of more use to everyone.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #1847
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Could it be because last night was a successful attack, whereas the first night's attack on Dr. Doom was thwarted?

SPIDER-MAN

Or possibly that the first attack was launched by a horseman, while Apocalypse himself launched the one on Sinister?

Other thoughts:

1) I am good. Both Captain Britain and Professor X have attested to that.

2) Professor X claims I'm one of the 12. If I am, it's without my knowledge. I checked the rules, and the only positive assertion I see there is that Apolcalypse and the Horsemen know the identities of the 12.

Thus, we have a trinary solution set to the Professor Problem in front of us.

A) The Professor is telling the truth, and has the ability to cast about for the identities of the 12, and in so doing, has learned that both he and myself are members of that illustrious cadre. If his truthfulness can be verified, that gives him an important role, but since the opposition knows the identity of the 12, this knowledge won't help us protect them at night, but WILL help us prevent from lynching them during the day.

B) The Professor is good, but is stretching the truth on the matter of knowing that we are members of the 12, possibly to provide buttressing support to somebody he otherwise knows is good, while also casting himself in a "protect me at night" light. This might be a matter of the ends justifying the means, if so.

C) The Professor is evil, and so would know if I am a member of the 12. Were I to be lynched or otherwise killed, and revealed as a member of the 12, he might gain a certain amount of credibility towards his asserted ability to detect their identities, and thus shift the spotlight away from himself for future lynches.

Given the results of the night actions, Professor, is it still your intention to join the Atlantic Alliance?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #1848
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I wonder why you heard Sinister's cry, but no one else did (assuming no one else comes forward with a similar story)?

SPIDER-MAN

I assume alan isnt telling us what he was actually up to last night, benevolent or not. There were other people out last night besides Prof. X and Sinister, so id imagine alan is not telling to truth. Whether its for good or evil i dont know...
Demotivation
Old 01-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #1849
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't out last night. I was awoken by "Piercing" cries of pain from Sinister.

I quote the piercing just as I'm not sure if it had any significance or was just supposed to mean it was quite loud.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #1850
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

It is slow here tonight, you heroes must be out partying it up.