Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #1801
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Does a hiring of Schmidtyus not pass on to Neonus? I assume so, but don't know if anyone is sure of that. Another good reason for the traitors to keep killing lawyers.

I bid on Schmidtyus yesterday and got no result. Did anyone else? If so, did they get the services of Neonus? This should be something we can easily sort out.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #1802
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Why? If they are the ones who get the PM's with the results, what's to prevent them from saying whatever they want?

That of course refers to other players having them scan a particular player. There is the double check factor for the dead senators, and I agree that as long as there are two lawyers active that information should be accurate.
Silly goose.

We don't get told about our investigations. We get told about who was thrown off the rock. I came out and said BS was good before Schmidty did, and I didn't know that Schmidty even had that info.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #1803
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Silly goose.

We don't get told about our investigations. We get told about who was thrown off the rock. I came out and said BS was good before Schmidty did, and I didn't know that Schmidty even had that info.

Oh, I didn't realize that. I thought you received the results for both. So that I understand then, the person who hires you and asks to scan someone is the person who receives the result? So the answers we get are dependent on whether the person hiring you is a Tarq or not?

That sucks if that's the case. Unless we clear the people hiring you, then we can't put full trust in the results that we get back.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #1804
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Why? If they are the ones who get the PM's with the results, what's to prevent them from saying whatever they want?

That of course refers to other players having them scan a particular player. There is the double check factor for the dead senators, and I agree that as long as there are two lawyers active that information should be accurate.

About the bolded statement (the bolding is mine, BTW):

That is true until the Tarqs get both lawyer positions - which seems to be their MO at the moment (since lawyers seem to be dying at a very fast rate). If they do that, we're screwedus.

This makes me suspect AE because he's still alive (as I believe Narcizo and others have already mentioned).

I'm starting to believe that AE needs to be high on our watch list. Perhaps even arrested tonight.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #1805
Tyrith
College Starter

To the analytical side for the moment. I have no reason to disagree with CR's assessment of the situation. This game I haven't done the independent tracking hoops and CR have, but I don't see any flaws with what they are thinking at this time. Leaving the group of:

Ant - I'm pretty much ambivalent so far on him, not getting much of a vibe.

Autumn - Has really been contributing, even if I don't always agree with the analysis. Being so talkative as a wolf as a first timer would be ultra brave...but possible, we've gotten some good players lately. Regardless, Autumn has really impressed me so far in general, glad to have you onboard

BK - The bad coincidences are starting to stack up; however, there have been legitimate reasons up until this point. Still, I find myself getting a little nervous about him...but I'm going to squash that feeling until something else odd happens. But I'm paying attention to him.

path - Has been pretty quiet so far. That is no real indicment in and of itself -- I've been quieter than normal, and the nature of this game still being so large means that it's hard for a lot of players to talk as much as normal. Still, out of this group he'd probably be my #1 choice for lack of better alternatives.

Peregrine - I'm getting a good vibe from him. Seems to have generally been helpful and not gotten involved in any messes.

It's not much, but that's all I've got for now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #1806
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Oh, I didn't realize that. I thought you received the results for both. So that I understand then, the person who hires you and asks to scan someone is the person who receives the result? So the answers we get are dependent on whether the person hiring you is a Tarq or not?

That sucks if that's the case. Unless we clear the people hiring you, then we can't put full trust in the results that we get back.
Yep, that's the case. Yep, that sucks. I've been moaning about it here and in PMs to Cronin.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #1807
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I'm starting to believe that AE needs to be high on our watch list. Perhaps even arrested tonight.
Have at it, hoss.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #1808
Tyrith
College Starter

Realistically, about AE...this another one of those dangerous double fake opportunities. We need to watch him carefully, because the #2 lawyer sure does have a bad habit of dying. However, if they were trying to get their people in position as lawyers and haven't been having luck so far...wouldn't it make sense to keep killing the #2 lawyer, then wait for us to kill AE for them? This kind of gets into an odds game -- how likely do we think it was one of the bad guys was cast as this lawyer at the start of the game? However, this is one of the few circumstances we have where there's some more concrete reason to suspect someday, so color me somewhat suspicious.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #1809
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Realistically, about AE...this another one of those dangerous double fake opportunities. We need to watch him carefully, because the #2 lawyer sure does have a bad habit of dying. However, if they were trying to get their people in position as lawyers and haven't been having luck so far...wouldn't it make sense to keep killing the #2 lawyer, then wait for us to kill AE for them? This kind of gets into an odds game -- how likely do we think it was one of the bad guys was cast as this lawyer at the start of the game? However, this is one of the few circumstances we have where there's some more concrete reason to suspect someday, so color me somewhat suspicious.

Yep. There's always the double-fake. But, I've had a bad vibe about AE for a while anyway (primarily due to his 'post a hundred times but say nothing' strategy). I don't know.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #1810
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Alright I just woke up so I'm gonna post what I got by PM. I acquired the services of Ardent for Day IV and I had him check Autumn... he's in the clear no evidence of wrongdoing.

Now I gotta get ready for work... cya'll later.

Someone asked about this - Mustang, I believe.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #1811
hoopsguy
General Manager

Starting to work our way through the services from Day 3, but still have a few blanks:

Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves (Anxiety)
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood (Peregrine)
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed (Coffee)
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses
Ardentus Enthusiastus (Dodger)
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #1812
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Yep. There's always the double-fake. But, I've had a bad vibe about AE for a while anyway (primarily due to his 'post a hundred times but say nothing' strategy). I don't know.
It's either this, or study HVAC system software. You be the judge.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:12 AM   #1813
Poli
FOFC Survivor

And now that I think of it, I may post a lot because I'm bored, but I take offense to the POST NOTHING bit.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #1814
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've reported everything that I've known as soon as I've known it.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #1815
KWhit
Coordinator

See what I mean?

Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #1816
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heh.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #1817
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
path - Has been pretty quiet so far. That is no real indicment in and of itself -- I've been quieter than normal, and the nature of this game still being so large means that it's hard for a lot of players to talk as much as normal. Still, out of this group he'd probably be my #1 choice for lack of better alternatives.

Regarding my post count this game. First, it's true I've been a bit quieter than normal. I'm usually slightly above average in post count, and the majority of that comes later in the game. But I tend not to post unless I have something to note, and this has been a tough game to analyze. If that makes me suspicious, so be it, but I do think it's clear that I am paying attention to what's going on at least.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #1818
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Regarding my post count this game. First, it's true I've been a bit quieter than normal. I'm usually slightly above average in post count, and the majority of that comes later in the game. But I tend not to post unless I have something to note, and this has been a tough game to analyze. If that makes me suspicious, so be it, but I do think it's clear that I am paying attention to what's going on at least.

I can definitely sympathize with this -- in this case I think we're pretty much in the same boat. There's not a whole lot separating most of that group you're in, though, right now...
Old 04-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #1819
hoopsguy
General Manager

For better or worse, today seems like a pretty quiet day.

I'll give feedback on the arrest nominations so far:
- not looking to arrest an attorney right now. We don't know if they can provide their services from jail and I want to have access to information. If Ardent continues to stay alive over the long haul I may change my stance on this, but that would be after my Consul term is over anyway
- similarly, I'm not looking at path all that hard today. I don't think his posting habits are out of character for him up to this point

We've shed two of our top financial resources already and have a third up for vote today, all under the "inactive" blanket reasoning. Yet the Tarqs have had the financial werewithal to double-kill twice already while we were learning the roles and figuring out how to play nicely together. With that in mind, I'm now flip-flopping from my earlier thoughts on not taking shots at the wealthy to trying to figure out who has benefitted from the wealthy deaths (including, potentially, LSG).

So, that is where I'm at right now, although I'm willing to pursue a BK/Tyrith strategy if Narcizo wants to go down that path. I would prefer that we are arresting both or neither, and giving the people hiring the attorneys the luxury to pick between them for a scan tomorrow.

Narcizo, I'll be on here up to the deadline and you won't so if you are willing to post either who you are voting for or alternately a small group that will help me to avoid any funny business like the last few days.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #1820
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Remember deadline is 9am EDT saturday morning!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #1821
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops, I'll see what I can do about resolving the PM mess. Although, to be honest, killing me is not going to be a loss besides just hitting generic_villager_01.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #1822
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

THey aren't the ones who get the PM. The person who hired the lawyer receives the PM, and the lawyer's player has no knowledge of it, is how it's been represented to us so far.

So we need to trust the person saying they've hired the lawyer, but not the lawyer.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #1823
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Starting to work our way through the services from Day 3, but still have a few blanks:

Gallus Clarus, ex-legionnaire
Titus Ludius, ex-legionnaire
Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves (Anxiety)
Animus Sentus, person rumored to be affiliated with the Priesthood (Peregrine)
Furius Lucius, former warlord of Gaul, enslaved and now freed (Coffee)
Lexus Postus, owner of many horses
Blakus Fortunatus, owner of many horses
Ardentus Enthusiastus (Dodger)
Schmidtyus Schmidtyus

One of the legionnaires Narcizus said he used on himself.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #1824
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For better or worse, today seems like a pretty quiet day.

I'll give feedback on the arrest nominations so far:
- not looking to arrest an attorney right now. We don't know if they can provide their services from jail and I want to have access to information. If Ardent continues to stay alive over the long haul I may change my stance on this, but that would be after my Consul term is over anyway
- similarly, I'm not looking at path all that hard today. I don't think his posting habits are out of character for him up to this point

We've shed two of our top financial resources already and have a third up for vote today, all under the "inactive" blanket reasoning. Yet the Tarqs have had the financial werewithal to double-kill twice already while we were learning the roles and figuring out how to play nicely together. With that in mind, I'm now flip-flopping from my earlier thoughts on not taking shots at the wealthy to trying to figure out who has benefitted from the wealthy deaths (including, potentially, LSG).

So, that is where I'm at right now, although I'm willing to pursue a BK/Tyrith strategy if Narcizo wants to go down that path. I would prefer that we are arresting both or neither, and giving the people hiring the attorneys the luxury to pick between them for a scan tomorrow.

Narcizo, I'll be on here up to the deadline and you won't so if you are willing to post either who you are voting for or alternately a small group that will help me to avoid any funny business like the last few days.

What makes you think the Tarqs were responsible for the second kills?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #1825
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Day 4 wise, I purchased the 2nd horseman Billy Oceanus.

The first day we could purchase them, I used my ex-legionaire on myself.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #1826
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What makes you think the Tarqs were responsible for the second kills?
Indeed. CW has claimed the saldana kill as his own.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #1827
Autumn
Head Coach

Some thoughts on some suspects:

Antus Meisterus - very high, but we can't arrest him.
Cofeeus Warlordus - I had him as fairly trustworthy, but his kill of Saldana, though admitted, makes me wonder. Especially if there's the possibility of conversion.
Neonus Chaosus - I have bad vibes on him, but don't know for sure.
Barkeepus - I want to believe his rl story, but there's not a lot more suspects and I wouldn't be surprised if he was a traitor
Mustangus - hard to get a handle on coming in later, but again some bad vibes
Ardentus - the fact that he's living is suspicious, and his posting style worried me early on, but otherwise is playing as trustworthy
Peregrinus - hard to read. His rise is wealth is a bit suspicious considering the amount he's posted.
Abeus Anxietus - Again, a rapid rise to wealth, and a few bad vibes, but hard to read. Seems like we must have a couple traitors out of this wealth level.

I'm not sure who to arrest out of this bunch. The wealthier of them, I suppose, and at least they won't be able to bid while locked up.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #1828
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Well kids, I screwed up.

Yes. I had the sword last night, and used it on Saldana. It was a calculated risk that, well, failed miserably. From the beginning, I frankly thought there was a chance that the Tarqs might start with one position of power, and Tribune was the only position that none of us could challenge. Add to that the fact that Saldana was posting very sparingly, and I had a suspicion in the back of my head that he could be bad.

So...yesterday I bid on the murdered, and had him executed. I took a shot on a gut feeling, and blew it. May have screwed us royally, and if so, my apologies.

If you wanna gut me, go ahead. Still not a traitor, though I freely admit I done messed up on that one.

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:03 PM   #1829
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Post #1278 I had Saldana (not happening now) and Narcizo. Basically trying to figure out where I sit on the pecking order of winning lawsuits.

added

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-13-2007 at 01:08 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #1830
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Indeed. CW has claimed the saldana kill as his own.

Good point by both you and Pass.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #1831
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tyrith, there was already one instance where our friendly neighborhood moderator Cronin came out and said there was a mix-up on PMs. He hasn't said that in regards to you and Barkeep so far.

So, without him coming out and indicating moderator error we are left to draw the conclusion that there is not moderator error.

Why would you lie about sending him a PM?
Why would he lie about receiving a PM?

If we are heading down this path for arrests - which I would listen to but there doesn't seem to be a widespread hue and cry for this approach - then those are the questions I would be looking to understand.

I sent a PM when I won the horsey to someone, and I never got a reply back either. Maybe he didn't get it as well?

KWhit, did you get my message?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #1832
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Remember deadline is 9am EDT saturday morning!

Narcizo, with this deadline I can be up and around for last minute discussions if you will be visiting FOFC on the weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #1833
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets re-examine some assumptions I made based on the Tarqs buying the killer both on Day 1 and Day 3, despite CW saying that he bought it on Day 3 (oops).

Working with the assumption that wealth is calculated by the time you bid on the service (pre-lawsuits at end of day), here is the Day 3 wealth:
Wealthiest: Bullet, ITC, Dodger
2nd Tier: Warlord, Ironhead, LSG, MV/Pass, Schmidty

I still believe that the wolves are incented to make this purchase if at all possible.
- Pass was ahead of Warlord on the wealth scale, since he moved up to the next level at the start of day 4 when Bullet was killed. But Pass has claimed that there were no bids on services by Marc Vaughn (right?)

So that leaves three people at the same level as Warlord on this day, where we don't know who would have had preferred treatment.
- Schmidty is dead, we aren't going to get info from him
- LSG is unlikely to give any info on her bids due to connectivity issues
- Ironhead, what did you end up with on Day 3?

So the bad guys knew on Day 3 that there was a killer out there - it had been used on Day 2 and Ironhead mentioned that service in the thread on Day 3. Can you think of a service that would be more important for them to have than the killer on this day?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #1834
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the by, yours truly was SUPPOSED to be off work today, but here I am, posting from work.

Do the math on the day I've had. My posting is gonna be limited today.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #1835
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
One of the legionnaires Narcizus said he used on himself.

Correct. Titus Ludius. Sorry for not being explicit at the time.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #1836
hoopsguy
General Manager

A step that would be extremely helpful - can people submit their list of purchase attempts (and indicate success) by day? I'll start:

Day 1 - failed to hire Blakus Fortunatus (horses)
Day 2 - successfully hired Faustus Felix (horses)
Day 3 - sent message to Alan, failed to hire Animus Sentus

Note - I didn't include Day 4 because those are still in play.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #1837
st.cronin
General Manager

I have put my email address in post 1. Feel free to use that if my inbox fills up.

knives out
Old 04-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #1838
hoopsguy
General Manager

Most surprising purchase for me so far is that Narcizo got a bodyguard on Day 3.

Also, we have both attorneys outstanding on Day 2 - was there something revealed prior to the end of that day that would have spooked the Tarqs into wanting to hire Ardent/Swaggs? Especially if they were killing Swaggs at the end of that day?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #1839
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I sent a PM when I won the horsey to someone, and I never got a reply back either. Maybe he didn't get it as well?

KWhit, did you get my message?

NO. I DID NOT RECEIVE IT. NO MESSAGE FROM YOU OR ST.CRONIN.

And my inbox has been clear all week.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #1840
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

havn't really had a chance to check in yet today. been computer-less
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #1841
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A step that would be extremely helpful - can people submit their list of purchase attempts (and indicate success) by day? I'll start:

Day 1 - failed to hire Blakus Fortunatus (horses)
Day 2 - successfully hired Faustus Felix (horses)
Day 3 - sent message to Alan, failed to hire Animus Sentus

Note - I didn't include Day 4 because those are still in play.

Sure, why not:

Day One - Won Blakus Fortunatus
Day Two - Sent message to KWhit - he never responded. Failed to get Macro Gothicus
Day Three - Bid on the sex slave owner Durus Pimpus, won them
Day Four - Sent Sex Slaves to someone, failed to get the top Legionnaire

I've been pretty open about this stuff the entire game, too.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #1842
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
NO. I DID NOT RECEIVE IT. NO MESSAGE FROM YOU OR ST.CRONIN.

And my inbox has been clear all week.

Seriously?

Well, then, folks, we have a problem. Maybe some game mechanic is preventing the horses from always reaching their target (interception by Tarqs?)

I doubt we have TWO Tarqs that wer targets of horses and BOTH chose to lie about it. There's no real reason for a non-Tarq to lie.

Maybe the GM messed up?

Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #1843
KWhit
Coordinator

Seriously.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #1844
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets ask the question as directly as possible:

Cronin, have there been any moderator issues that has impacted the delivery of the horse messages this game?

I just want to know how heavily to weigh this when evaluating people.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #1845
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
OK, lets ask the question as directly as possible:

Cronin, have there been any moderator issues that has impacted the delivery of the horse messages this game?

no

knives out
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #1846
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
no

Very interesting.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #1847
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, next question - not sure if this one will be answered:

Are bids for services processed processed before or after lawsuits are completed?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #1848
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
OK, next question - not sure if this one will be answered:

Are bids for services processed processed before or after lawsuits are completed?

before

knives out
Old 04-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #1849
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola (see if I can sneak it in) - nice redundant use of processed, Hoopus Guyus
Old 04-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #1850
st.cronin
General Manager

Dolabusted