Grizzled Veteran

Sorry Katy -- I had the first vote on you
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #1802
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hmm, so she told the truth (is katy a guy or girl?) except that apparently she had been attacked already.

Good call, perhaps she was targeted last night?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1803
Danny
Head Coach

that is interesting because that means she certainly was targeted at night at some point. That means someone attempted a kill on her.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #1804
Danny
Head Coach

And she is not an informant, so I can only assume it was someone ability?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #1805
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

The first time anyone attacked her, they would be struck by her beauty and decide to attack someone else.[/b]

Ah, I read it over again and it doesn't say whether or not she was already attacked; CW was just explaining her ability.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #1806
Danny
Head Coach

Oh, so maybe it was only for being attacked and not for lynches?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #1807
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
I was really nervous with Lathum online and the ability to swing this thing.

you have Danny to thank, I was gonna do it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #1808
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Oh, so maybe it was only for being attacked and not for lynches?

RIght, attacks only.. as she explained it.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1809
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bhlloy, danny or Saldana would be my priority looks tomorrow if we continue to play the angle of one of the Latecomers beginning as a murderer.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1810
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think I will be checking in again until the morning, don't wanna be rusty in the morning when I reveal at 8:00am sharp! And I'll even explain the logic that I've been trying to use today to deduce the reasons that I believe that make sal a bigger target than one of the other unrevealed candidates.

Good night!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #1811
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
DQ with a fairly early vote for a villager that stuck all day. Bhlloy looks like he had no vote.

Which vote was this?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #1812
KatyLied
n00b

Good luck village!
KatyLied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #1813
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
Which vote was this?

Day 1 I presume, I didn't have a vote that day, I completely misread my PM and thought I could talk but not vote.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #1814
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, day 1
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #1815
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Bhlloy, danny or Saldana would be my priority looks tomorrow if we continue to play the angle of one of the Latecomers beginning as a murderer.

So everyone other than you then?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #1816
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well then. Processing.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #1817
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You awake to ... no new deaths?!?! Could it be over?!?!

As you slowly filter out of your rooms, you notice Mr Green, Lady Lavender, Sergeant Grey, and Mr Meadowbrook standing together, looking like they've been arguing. As they notice the rest of you approaching, Mr Green speaks up.

"We have to kill them! They'll rat us out to the cops."

Mr Meadowbrook pipes up, "I'm afraid he's right. Sergeant, can you handle the local authorities?"

The good Sergeant nods, gives a little wink to the old lady, Lady Lavender, and draws his service pistol, "Business first."

He opens fire on The Chief, The Singing Telegram Girl, Rusty Naylor, and Mrs Peacock, killing them all!

Together, the conspirators lock the bodies in the cellar, and depart the house. Between the Sergeant and the Lawyer, they are confident they would never be charged.

The Murderers Have Won!

DQ_BOY was Mr Green. Mr Green was a converted murderer!

bhlloy was Sergeant Grey. He could convert one player, and counted as a murderer for ratio purposes.

Danny was Mr Meadowbrook. He could perform a duke action if JAG was lynched, and counted as a murderer for ratio purposes.

DT was Lady Lavender! If he was targeted for a night kill, he would instead convert. He was attacked last night, which led us to this.

----

mau was The Chief! If The Cop or Sergeant Grey converted to full fledged murderers, he would immediately find out.

PF was The Singing Telegram Girl! He could send a message of 10 words or less to a character 3 times per game.

Saldana was Rusty Naylor! He could follow a player, and if they took a night action, he would discover if they were a murderer.

Lathum was Mrs Peacock! He could bribe a player and prevent them from voting the following day.

----

The murderers and their allies have acheived a 1:1 ratio with the village. Ballgame!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #1818
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Wtf
Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #1819
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

For the record. Yes. There really was only 1 wolf to start, JAG. (Danny and bhlloy had their roles to start, but they couldn't PM with JAG, nor could they perform night kills) Though he had a couple early game abilities that would prevent him from being lynched very early.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #1820
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Nice job DQ, good pick with DT.

Even with just one starting wolf (18:3 if you want to count it for ratio purposes), this was a fairly tough rule set for the village considering they lynched wolves 4 of 6 days and still lost (and would've had a hard time winning even if say Danny or bhlloy got lynched at the end). Granted the fontisian conversion was basically a mistake that shouldn't have happened and the bullet / Chief Rum thing was pretty lucky.

Nice job by bhlloy and Danny, both did better than me I think. DQ was an excellent conversion choice.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #1821
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Make that 3 of 5 days, not 4 of 6.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #1822
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Amusingly, it was tougher for the villagers than I expected. I figured the wolves would have a helluva lot harder time. The 4 kill night really nailed the village, and the fact that 3 of the 5 eligible Big 6 converted, for various reasons, and then bhlloy picked Mr Green to convert.

Had Danny or bhlloy gotten killed before they could use their power, it woulda been much different.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #1823
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

lol

fun game!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #1824
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Woot woot!

Thanks JAG for all the help! You really broke it all down for me!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #1825
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well I thought we had a few more days...

Why didn't I get a notice that sargeant gray transferred ?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #1826
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Amusingly, it was tougher for the villagers than I expected. I figured the wolves would have a helluva lot harder time. The 4 kill night really nailed the village, and the fact that 3 of the 5 eligible Big 6 converted, for various reasons, and then bhlloy picked Mr Green to convert.

Had Danny or bhlloy gotten killed before they could use their power, it woulda been much different.

Very true. I think it was logical the village focused on the group at the house first though since there was at least a confirmed murderer in that group, which meant neither of them were ever in much trouble until the end (which was after they used their abilities).

Opened up the speculation thread to all, which has some odds and ends about the game and reasoning for some of the choices I made:

Clue: Master Detective
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #1827
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

What was your power!?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #1828
hoopsguy
General Manager

So the "cultist" roles counted as wolves for the final count?

Pretty weird for a game where the villagers get >50% lynches right to end like this.

Also, it appears there were four separate conversions that took place - including two that were not triggered by informant deaths.

I'm really not sure how the village wins this ruleset if it was played ten times. I'm sure this sounds like sour grapes, but it really isn't intended that way. I had a lot of fun playing and thought it was a pretty interesting ruleset. But this sure felt like a steep hill for the village to climb with the rules I currently understand.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #1829
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm really not sure how the village wins this ruleset if it was played ten times. I'm sure this sounds like sour grapes, but it really isn't intended that way. I had a lot of fun playing and thought it was a pretty interesting ruleset. But this sure felt like a steep hill for the village to climb with the rules I currently understand.

For what it's worth, I'm in moderate agreement. Didn't get quite as balanced as I woulda liked. I think, with the weird starting condition of only 1 real wolf, I overcompensated for them.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #1830
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ah never mind he never became a full fledged murderer.

Not sure he should have counted as a murderer though for ratio in hind sight.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #1831
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Well I thought we had a few more days...

Why didn't I get a notice that sargeant gray transferred ?

He never technically did. If they night killed him (they didn't know who he was - only that such a character existed) he woulda converted and lost his conversion power - and you'da been told. Had he already used his conversion power and got attacked, he'da just died.

Your "radar" was more meant to make sure the Cop stayed on the good side.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #1832
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, way more complicated behind the scenes than I even guessed! So Bhlloy and Danny were basically Murderers. Did either of them know JAG?

Bhlloy could convert anyone? DT would get converted if killed. I know there were rules that would have converted me. And then the Big 6. Now I see why this could have been over quickly. We could have had a billion murderers by D2.

This was a fun game. Definitely seems in the Murderers' favor. Because of so many conversions the Seer is only 25% useful, and the bodyguard is less useful too with so many night actions. Imagine if the Big 6 had kept quiet about their roles! We would have been lynching villagers left and right and losing handfuls of them at night. But it didn't really feel frustrating, CW, so I think you got it right with trying to puzzle it all out, and everybody having something they could do, keeping people from feeling like they were getting their butts kicked.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #1833
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The only way I find out he's a murderer is if he killed someone and the only one he could kill was me...

I had a good game plan for this morning but ... game over
Old 03-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #1834
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I went back and forth on the counting for ratio part. My reasoning to do it that way went as such - since the wolves knew who Danny was, and they knew Sergeant Grey EXISTED, it woulda been exceedingly easy for them to do the math and realize they had a majority, when it came to that.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #1835
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Definitely a fun rule set and with some tweaks it could work for a future game similarly.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #1836
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This was a fun game. Definitely seems in the Murderers' favor. Because of so many conversions the Seer is only 25% useful, and the bodyguard is less useful too with so many night actions. Imagine if the Big 6 had kept quiet about their roles! We would have been lynching villagers left and right and losing handfuls of them at night. But it didn't really feel frustrating, CW, so I think you got it right with trying to puzzle it all out, and everybody having something they could do, keeping people from feeling like they were getting their butts kicked.

Also keep in mind there were basically 3 variations of seer available as well.

Brit just got bad luck. Miss Scarlet had an awesome power, but converted early. Rusty could do a seer power if the person he followed took an action.

Unlucky targeting for those three.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #1837
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So the "cultist" roles counted as wolves for the final count?

Pretty weird for a game where the villagers get >50% lynches right to end like this.

Also, it appears there were four separate conversions that took place - including two that were not triggered by informant deaths.

It was a bit odd, Danny and bhlloy counted as murderers for win purposes, but if DQ had been lynched the last day (which granted was not going to happen), the murderers would have lost. The village only had to remove Boddy and those he had PM contact with (the ones making the night kills).

Autumn, Danny knew me but not the other wolves. bhlloy only knew DQ, who he converted.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1838
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thanks for the game CW.

It was really tough for the village because of the conversion mechanic you really couldn't ever trust anyone. For example, DQboy would have coasted to the end. It made it really hard to analyze anything. Still fun thought. I enjoyed using my power on myself.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #1839
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Brit just got bad luck. Miss Scarlet had an awesome power, but converted early. Rusty could do a seer power if the person he followed took an action.

The problem I think is those scans are rendered useless a day later because there is always tohe possibility of conversion
Old 03-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #1840
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That's always the trouble with conversion games. And they're tough as shit to balance out - as just proven!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1841
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Also DV was trying to use his power to be a seer the night he died.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1842
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice job DQ - did you wolves pick up on my odd play and think I was the cultist-type role at all, or was it just a lucky guess? I was basically trying to get myself noticed by you all since D1!

Glad you picked just the right time for attacking me though!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #1843
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

I was shocked when CW told me. I was all ready to win this thing for the village then, out of no where and despite what I had been told I was converted.

Great job CW loads of fun!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #1844
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Today I was going to be pushing the fact that gray had not been converted yet and that it would be okay for the last two to reveal and I would have trusted bhlloy because of it so I would have been screwing up that way too.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #1845
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

DT, you were a lucky guess. It was between you and sal last night. Though the bickering between mau and sal made it easy to go with you to keep that hoha going.

My goal was to play "aggressive" insomuch as follow the crowd and try to stay under the radar.

I could plausibly deny all of my votes before my conversion because I really though I was villager.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1846
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Nice job DQ - did you wolves pick up on my odd play and think I was the cultist-type role at all, or was it just a lucky guess? I was basically trying to get myself noticed by you all since D1!

Glad you picked just the right time for attacking me though!!!

I told DQ even though you scanned good that you might be the corrupt cop because you acting weird and not to kill you unless he was sure you weren't. I was mostly thinking the cop was saldana or DT the day I was voted out until saldana's reveal.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1847
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

so why duke to me?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #1848
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Danny will have to answer that since he did it, but he may have thought brit was converted and you were pretty clearly on the wrong side.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #1849
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Did anyone pick up that I was the chief after I capitilized HONESTLY? LOL
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1850
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

SERIOUSLY?