Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #1851
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I was gonna comment, that I dont really trust DT.... hes not angry, when was the last time that happend in a WW game?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #1852
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Jackal

What's our reasoning against dubb?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #1853
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And I mean before the whole "scan me" thing. If I'm a villager, I'm not willing to just lie down and die as someone suggested and so I would want to be scanned. I know 100% that I'm good. If I die there's a 0% chance of finding a wolf. Anyone else? Maybe a wolf. So if I'm a villager, please scan me. I don't find anything improper about dubb wanting to be scanned.

That said, I'm hardly convinced of his innocence. That's why I'm hoping to be reminded what made people suspicious of him in the first place. It seems like Lathum/Danny started pushing him hard out of nowhere.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #1854
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

OK where should I put my work effort?

Does it matter? From my understanding we're doomed for another day, but maybe I'm missing something.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #1855
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And I mean before the whole "scan me" thing. If I'm a villager, I'm not willing to just lie down and die as someone suggested and so I would want to be scanned. I know 100% that I'm good. If I die there's a 0% chance of finding a wolf. Anyone else? Maybe a wolf. So if I'm a villager, please scan me. I don't find anything improper about dubb wanting to be scanned.

That said, I'm hardly convinced of his innocence. That's why I'm hoping to be reminded what made people suspicious of him in the first place. It seems like Lathum/Danny started pushing him hard out of nowhere.

look at the votes from day 2, he was all over the place, that raised red flags for me.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #1856
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Do we get any points for pushing over the requirement for hunting?

If so, then I'll opt for that, but I don't believe we get partial credit.

So for now I'll throw my one point of labor into patrol.

WORK Patrol

If I someone can make a reasonable argument to do more than 10 units of hunting, then I'm willing to swap. But given my previous track record of shirking responsibility, I want to get a work action in place.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #1857
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

On the Dubb thing. I'm pretty much a noob, but asking for a scan seems reasonable, when the alternative is rolling over for the proverbial gallows.

On the logic that we gain nothing scanning him, if he is a wolf. I'm not so sure I buy in. It seems to me that we would get the fact that he was a wolf, not having to be distracted for a day debating who to vote for. That clarity of thought is worth something, and it provides another day to figure out the patterns that might tie other players to the wolf.

My,albeit inexperienced, take is that any successful scan is win win. You find a wolf or you clear someone.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #1858
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
On the Dubb thing. I'm pretty much a noob, but asking for a scan seems reasonable, when the alternative is rolling over for the proverbial gallows.

On the logic that we gain nothing scanning him, if he is a wolf. I'm not so sure I buy in. It seems to me that we would get the fact that he was a wolf, not having to be distracted for a day debating who to vote for. That clarity of thought is worth something, and it provides another day to figure out the patterns that might tie other players to the wolf.

My,albeit inexperienced, take is that any successful scan is win win. You find a wolf or you clear someone.

You and BK disagree with me, but I still say it's a better vanilla villager play to suggest someone else to be scanned and try and not get lynched the old fashioned way. I think pushing hard for a self scan is either a selfish play or one with an ulterior motive.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #1859
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Dubb's voting from the day you duked looks really bad, plus I did not like his reaction to the scan thing.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #1860
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
look at the votes from day 2, he was all over the place, that raised red flags for me.
Why ever move away from RendeR though if dubb is a wolf?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #1861
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Dubb's voting from the day you duked looks really bad, plus I did not like his reaction to the scan thing.
Ok playing this out, using the info from 1784:
when dubb votes for Render, that puts Render up 4-2 over Jackyl. Clearly a strike against him.
When dubb votes for me, the vote is actually closer, as it is now 4-3 Render over Jackal. Seems like a poor time to switch
An hour later (50 posts) dubb switches to Jackal and puts Jackal up 4-3.
Pass moves his vote from clap to Render tying it up 4-4.
Several votes later dubb moves back to Render. However, Jackal is still in the lead, 6-5. There are 8 minutes left before deadline at this point.
With 2 minutes left dubb switches to Schmidty.

With that series of votes I definitely get the suspicion of dubb.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #1862
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like that thinking, BK, and I have had a bad vibe off of dubb myself.

Since I know you're good, though, your suspicion tells me a lot, too.

So I might change this if I read a little something further in, but for now, I think that's a good spot for my vote.

VOTE DUBB

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #1863
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I like that thinking, BK, and I have had a bad vibe off of dubb myself.

Since I know you're good, though, your suspicion tells me a lot, too.

So I might change this if I read a little something further in, but for now, I think that's a good spot for my vote.

VOTE DUBB

Easy there Chief, we need to lynch Jackal first.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #1864
Danny
Head Coach

Also, I know you tend to post the same way wolf or not, but that above post pings me back to when we were wolves together.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #1865
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, I know you tend to post the same way wolf or not, but that above post pings me back to when we were wolves together.

Seems like everything I am saying is pinging you as a wolf, Danny. Why don't you just vote me?

In any case, I am not a wolf. Your instincts in this case are wrong.

And I told you and everyone before--I don't think The Jackal is a wolf. So my vote's not going there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #1866
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Seems like everything I am saying is pinging you as a wolf, Danny. Why don't you just vote me?

In any case, I am not a wolf. Your instincts in this case are wrong.

And I told you and everyone before--I don't think The Jackal is a wolf. So my vote's not going there.

I guess you missed where TheNorm revealed as seer and scanned Jackal as bad. Assuming this isn't faked, I guess it makes me feel a little better about you
Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #1867
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Because I'm not going to just vote of paranoia when there is more objective evidence available. Still won't stop me from posting about it though
Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #1868
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess you missed where TheNorm revealed as seer and scanned Jackal as bad. Assuming this isn't faked, I guess it makes me feel a little better about you

Wow, really?

Okay, how on Earth did I miss that? I'll admit I have had to cherry pick a bit because of a busy schedule, but usually with my skimming I do a good job of catching the big ones. Wow...

(feeling like a dumbass)

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE THE JACKAL

Old 05-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #1869
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Yeah, I was going to do this because I think I've dropped enough hints already, and since it appears this camp is at a loss for us it's important that we thin the sympathizers out a little bit. *Puts on Encyclopedia Brown hat*

On night 1 I investigated Lathum purely on reputation--he's Labor.
For the next few nights I chose to investigate those that went on the mission because I thought it was an absolute certainty a sympathizer would go there. Poli turned up as labor on night two. I chose Jackal on night 3 and he is definitely working the other side.

...and EF, I've read over my description a bunch of times and I'm only a x1 without a gun.

Well, sonofab...

Way to go, TheNorm.

BTW, next time, could you separate the part about The Jackal? And use bolded terms, like "HE'S EVIL!!!" and stuff like that? M'kay thx.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #1870
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 1869:

Work:
Hunting - Danny (1534), Barkeep49 (1536), jeheinz72 (1593), ntndeacon (1599), The Jackal (1626), TheNorm (1651), EagleFan (1706), dubb93 (1724), PurdueBrad (1729), RendeR (1850) (10/10)
Patrol - Chief Rum x3 (1528), Lathum (1709),Glengoyne (1856) (5/10)
Mission - claphamsa (1588), DaddyTorgo (1608), Poli (1620) (3/?) - locked (1632)
Jail - USFLTecmo (1642)

Voting:
Jackal 13 - TheNorm (1545), Lathum (1708), EagleFan (1743), dubb93 (1745), Danny (1752), PurdueBrad (1758), DaddyTorgo (1795), Glengoyne (1817), Poli (1823), RendeR (1849), claphamsa (1850), Barkeep49 (1852), Chief Rum (1868)
TheNorm 1 - jeheinz72 (1682)

No vote: ntndeacon, The Jackal
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #1871
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Good game going on right now. Duck/Red Wings under 10 minutes left in double OT.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #1872
Danny
Head Coach

You'd think the wolves would have wanted to avoid the mission and instead do work today knowing that they could lock USFL up which stops us from completing our work anyway. Or since I don't remember was it pretty much decided by the group who would go on the mission?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #1873
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Good game going on right now. Duck/Red Wings under 10 minutes left in double OT.

So did you notice my posts were coming in intermission-timed intervals?

Old 05-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #1874
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So did you notice my posts were coming in intermission-timed intervals?

3rd about to start, looks like no Chief for a few.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #1875
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
3rd about to start, looks like no Chief for a few.

I'm back sooner than expected.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #1876
TheNorm
Mascot

I'm sleepy...so where's this scan going tonight?
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #1877
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
I'm sleepy...so where's this scan going tonight?

I guess scan me or Dubb, to clear one of us (or nail one of us to the wall). Cut down the options for vote tomorrow, as it seems likely we're not getting the camp today.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #1878
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess scan me or Dubb, to clear one of us (or nail one of us to the wall). Cut down the options for vote tomorrow, as it seems likely we're not getting the camp today.

This sounds good to me. I think DT and USFL are decent targets too if you want to go a different direction.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #1879
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You'd think the wolves would have wanted to avoid the mission and instead do work today knowing that they could lock USFL up which stops us from completing our work anyway. Or since I don't remember was it pretty much decided by the group who would go on the mission?

I don't think the mission volunteers mean anything this time around. Yesterday there were rewards associated with going on mission. It made for a pretty good bet that the wolves would have wanted at least ONE of them to go out. I don't think that argument holds true today.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #1880
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I don't think the mission volunteers mean anything this time around. Yesterday there were rewards associated with going on mission. It made for a pretty good bet that the wolves would have wanted at least ONE of them to go out. I don't think that argument holds true today.

I meant it as the opposite, that because there were no rewards maybe the wolves would avoid the mission to not stand out.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #1881
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Thinking about the arrest mechanic a bit.

I was thinking that the wolves would be trying to push the mission/camp equation tight, so that an arrest would prevent conversion. Then it occurred to me that since the wolves all know our strengths, and multipliers they can easily just arrest a x3 person, and almost no margin of safety looks safe. So the wolves don't really need to push it tight to make the arrest work.

Given that, we need to closely manage our safety margin to prevent a surgical arrest.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #1882
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

been out all day doing the walk for hunger. hooray for 20 mile walks.

anything i need to know as we move towards deadline? I voted for Jackal back on like Friday
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #1883
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

feel free to scan me - you'll see that i'm good
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #1884
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
feel free to scan me - you'll see that i'm good

What your hand tells you on an hourly basis has nothing to do with werewolf....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #1885
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

OK, I'm heading to my office to begin processing Day 4.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #1886
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The day comes to an end here at Paint Creek. The sun winks its final goodbye through the treetops of the Appalachian hills. The miners are busy today and the work is hard. You’ve tried to set up some patrols to keep the miners safe as well as sent your men our hunting for game and food for the large camp.

However, the day’s task falls short:

Patrol just 5 man hours completed.

Hunting 10 needed and completed

You manage to bring back some game to feed the miners but you fail to set up defensive perimeters so the miners so not feel safe. Therefore, today is yet another failure.

After doing the tasks for the day, a large movement begins to Oust The Jackal. He barely resists, and within a moment, you have thrown him on a train bound for places unknown. You receive confirmation that he is a Sympathizer when you pick up the ledger that dropped out of his pocket, showing the days and amount he got paid by the company.

Night four has begun and ends at 1 am.

Tomorrow will be a long day. You have failed at converting camps three days in a row, but tomorrow is the beginning of a rally, you can feel it! You will also be voting to Oust tomorrow.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #1887
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In early 1913, scab Phillip Cajano, 22, arrives in paint Creek and immediately joins the union. He is fired, beaten by three men including the operator of the coal mine, and tossed out of the company town. This is witnessed by others. No one was prosecuted.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #1888
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Norm, nice job! Hopefully tomorrow's camp gives us much better results.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #1889
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Abe, what days and how much did Norm get paid?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #1890
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Is there a reason that you are talking about Norm in the past tense?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #1891
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Do you mean Jackal here?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #1892
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It was just flavor, don;t read into my write ups, I don;t drop clues.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #1893
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I meant Jackal.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #1894
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Processing shortly

Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #1895
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another night ends another dismal time. You sleep fitfully. You found another sympathizer, but more must still be out there.

The dawn brings new information, and new energy. The adjacent mines at Cabin Creek have joined the strike! The conflict is now heating up!

You decide to make a new stand in Cabin Creek and leave Paint Creek for now. Cabin Creek is where you will make the final stand of the conflict.

Due to its importance, you will be spending TWO days in Cabin Creek. Work done on Day Five is cumulative with Day Six. At the end of Day Six, all work must be complete. If it is, it counts as winning two camps. If not it counts as losing two, and on Day Seven, you will vote to Oust two players instead of one.

Cabin Creek Work:

Patrolling – 10
Food Distribution – 10
Gladhandling – 10
Oratory – 10

Good luck miners!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #1896
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There is no mission today. There will be one tomorrow.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #1897
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another scab, George Lawson, and two confederates objected to the gun toting men who were guarding them, and tried to leave. George had two front teeth broken off by the butt of a Baldwin-Felts detective’s rifle in order to prevent them from leaving.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #1898
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Work Gladhandling
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #1899
Danny
Head Coach

No kill again, just like last time they arrested someone. Like I thought, they can't make a kill when they arrest. I didn't want to say this in case I was wrong, but I have a good feeling Poli picked up on this as well and this could mean another two scans.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #1900
Danny
Head Coach

Work Food Distrubution