Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #1851
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum's voting record, which is predicated pretty much on voting for me, isn't going to look great if/when I'm killed. But that doesn't make him a wolf. Wolves have the opportunity to have great voting records. Votes without context don't have all that much meaning.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #1852
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Beware the LoLCats!!! They are out there and they are dangerous!!!

... and another thing. I'm a LolCat and I'm only dangerous to the dogs.

Why are you going down in flames? If nothing else, I bet you're the brutal.

Vote EagleFan

If he's the brutal is this what we want to do? Reminds me of the recent game where the Duke was practically begging to be voted.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #1853
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
If he's the brutal is this what we want to do?

Uh, kill him? They all gotta go at some point.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #1854
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Lathum's voting record:
Day 1 -- unvote hoops, vote cronin at the end -- dunno what to make of it yet
Day 2 -- vote hoops, still don't know
Day 3 -- vote KWhit -- pretty good

What's wrong with it?

Here's athum's voting record from the first two days (I didn;t compuile more after that yet)

day 1 - vote Coffee Warlord (135)
day 1 - unvote CW, vote PB (187)
day 1 - unvote PB, vote mccollins (235) *** quickly following PB's switch to mccollins
day 1 - unvote mccollins, vote hoops (314) *** quickly following PB's unvote of mccollins
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote cronin (366)
day 2 - vote PB (516)
day 2 - unvote PB (528) *** claims vote was a joke after being called out fo it
day 2 - vote PB (594)
day 2 - unvote PB, vote hoops (670)

First he changes to mccollins once PB did, then moves off him once PB did as well. Day two he makes a late change to take his vote off PB to help sav him. We have one known wolf in PB and a voting record that follows that of PB and saving PB, again a known wolf.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #1855
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lathum's voting record, which is predicated pretty much on voting for me, isn't going to look great if/when I'm killed. But that doesn't make him a wolf. Wolves have the opportunity to have great voting records. Votes without context don't have all that much meaning.

But remember, he switched off you to cronin. IF you're good, then as a wolf he would have wanted to keep his vote on you.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #1856
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
To play my own devil's advocate, I did just re-check the rules, and read:
Note that not all roles may be in the game.

Meh. I don't take much from that. We're supposed to assume that for most games, but when there's 15+ players it's generally fine to believe that all roles are in there.

We can deal with these slim possibilities if things start not working out in the lynchings.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #1857
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm off to bed guys - see you all in the morning
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #1858
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I think we're aware of the difference, but the simplest explanation is that he is indeed the fool, not that he's the chihuahua claiming a fool role when no one else happened to have it, or that the fool stayed quiet. Keep in mind also that when he made his reveal, his intent was for the seer to stay quiet, and not worry about being the fool.

I think Lathum is legit - I'm just laying out everything that has to be in place for Eagle's conjecture to be remotely plausible.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #1859
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Meh. I don't take much from that. We're supposed to assume that for most games, but when there's 15+ players it's generally fine to believe that all roles are in there.

We can deal with these slim possibilities if things start not working out in the lynchings.

Oh I know, and I'm in agreement. Hell, I've been preaching stick on the uncleared and worry about the 'cleareds' for awhile now. Just throwing things out there while we chat.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #1860
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's athum's voting record from the first two days (I didn;t compuile more after that yet)

day 1 - vote Coffee Warlord (135)
day 1 - unvote CW, vote PB (187)
day 1 - unvote PB, vote mccollins (235) *** quickly following PB's switch to mccollins
day 1 - unvote mccollins, vote hoops (314) *** quickly following PB's unvote of mccollins
day 1 - unvote hoops, vote cronin (366)
day 2 - vote PB (516)
day 2 - unvote PB (528) *** claims vote was a joke after being called out fo it
day 2 - vote PB (594)
day 2 - unvote PB, vote hoops (670)

First he changes to mccollins once PB did, then moves off him once PB did as well. Day two he makes a late change to take his vote off PB to help sav him. We have one known wolf in PB and a voting record that follows that of PB and saving PB, again a known wolf.

I remember that interchange between Lathum/PB and that didnt strike me at all as odd. I do think it was a joke.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #1861
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
But remember, he switched off you to cronin. IF you're good, then as a wolf he would have wanted to keep his vote on you.

I'm not making the argument that Lathum is a wolf. He isn't the first person I would go after in the cleared list, if it ever comes down to that. So I'll drop this point of discussion.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #1862
mccollins
College Prospect

EagleFan (6) - CoffeeWarlord (1709), Passacaglia (1832), Jackal (1836), Oliegirl (1839), Lathum (1848), McCollins (1852)
Hoopsguy (2) - Cronin (1714), EagleFan (1724)
DanGarion (1) - Hoopsguy (1749)

As of 1860.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #1863
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, now that Lathum has moved his vote off of me I can be sincere in wishing him good luck in Vegas this evening.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #1864
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh I know, and I'm in agreement. Hell, I've been preaching stick on the uncleared and worry about the 'cleareds' for awhile now. Just throwing things out there while we chat.

As hoops has been saying, whether he is a wolf or not, the village appears to be in pretty decent shape even if we do have a wolf hiding amongst the clears. The only thing that'd be very dangerous is if olie was converted and we don't lynch any wolves the next few days, but that seems a slim possibility anyways.

So yeah, we're moving in the right direction. If EF isn't a wolf, lord, this has been a weird evening of play from him.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #1865
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
As hoops has been saying, whether he is a wolf or not, the village appears to be in pretty decent shape even if we do have a wolf hiding amongst the clears. The only thing that'd be very dangerous is if olie was converted and we don't lynch any wolves the next few days, but that seems a slim possibility anyways.

If olie's a wolf, we're seriously fucked. There's so many people and so much that has to be questioned after that, it's gonna be a clusterfuck.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #1866
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If EF is a wolf, lord, this has been a weird evening of play from him.

Also true.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #1867
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

EF, explain how no one has countered my role?

did I actualy get lucky enough to fake reveal day 2 with 16 people left in the game and no preassure on me and happen to pick a role not in play?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #1868
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, now that Lathum has moved his vote off of me I can be sincere in wishing him good luck in Vegas this evening.

I need luck just to get there
Old 06-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #1869
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, lets assume that Eagle is the brutal - is it worth having any discussion on who he would kill and why?

If we have that discussion out in the open, it might encourage him to go another direction just to mess with us.

However, it could potentially help us in getting ready for our next move.

I'll shit if he takes out me, Pass, or DanG.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #1870
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think he takes out Olie.

They have been afraid/ unsuccesfull so far so they probably think this is the best way to take her out
Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #1871
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'd almost like him to take me out to prove I'm really a cat, and to pester clap about the damn ruleset of this game while I watch from the sidelines.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #1872
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. But yeah. Brutal axes the seer, no question.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #1873
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

did I actualy get lucky enough to fake reveal day 2 with 16 people left in the game and no preassure on me and happen to pick a role not in play?

+1
Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #1874
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm wondering if Eagle is just waving the white flag on the game at this point ... realizing that he (and his team) is screwed so he might as well go Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory" (or in an interview, if you want to go non-fiction) on us in a final act of reckless defiance.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #1875
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Dola. But yeah. Brutal axes the seer, no question.

True, but they went after me on night 2 and took out ChiefRum on night 4. Not the most conventional moves
Old 06-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #1876
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
True, but they went after me on night 2 and took out ChiefRum on night 4. Not the most conventional moves

I think they were looking for the bodyguard.

IMO the bottom line is they are frustrated because they can't get to Olie
Old 06-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #1877
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Everyone was singing your praises and I wasn't sure what role I had at that point. My scans came back dark with PB getting lynched as the only thing I had to go on. I was either the seer or the fool. When jeheinz got lynched and his scan had returned dark the evening before I knew what my role was. By then you were being praised as this highly trusted person so it would seem like a stupid move to reveal then, especially since one vote of mine got questioned and put me on people's lists while your whole history got overlooked.

After two BG's seemed to exist I figured there was a chance that 2 fools existed. My role is now meaningless anyway as it tells us nothing so I have continued to play the game as I have done in the past (the one time I went far) which is by using my gut and watching to see what others have done. Which again point to Lathum's questionable vote.

You became like the pied piper with people believing everything you said while they ignored your actions. Your numbers are probably small enough that even after you get me, another kitten, lynched you will still be far behind.

I have been followed twice in the evening but nothing have done nothing. If I was the brutal (like what the current idea of the day seems to be) I would be doing plenty in the evening until found, not just playing with that same ball of yarn and eating catnip.

Either way, go kittens!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #1878
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I scanned PB night 1, came back dark.
Day 2 he gets killed and is a wolf.
Night 2 I scanned jeheinz, came back dark.
Day 3 jeheinz gets lynched and is a cat.
I scanned cronin that night, also came back dark.
I have submitted no more scans as it appears to be useless.

By then I knew I was the fool (a fool?) but Lathum was already on all the trust lists so my speaking up would not be worth it especially when the double BG situation came up it seemed like nothing would be gained by my speaking up except getting me lynched and adding to the confusion.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #1879
The Jackal
Coordinator

No, the wolves would be smart and send the person that would be least likely to be followed to do the killing.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #1880
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

There is no least likely to be followed in this game. It seems everyone has some kind of power, or powers.

I see this as kindof a hollow victory as we seem to have way too many powers on the light side to use against them. I should file a grievance that I got a crappy power.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #1881
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagle, I'll ask you the same question I asked PB on his reveal - did you leave information earlier in the thread that suggests your role?

Lathum's turnabout on Cronin from voting for him Day 1 to saying "I won't vote Cronin" on Day 2 was pretty visible - well, at least I noticed it at the time. That is why I didn't ask him for posts when he revealed. Oh, and he was also not contesting a role that had already been claimed and unchallenged for several days.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #1882
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

No, I didn't leave any hints (that I am aware of). Until I knew what I really was I didn't want to mislead anyone. After I found out what I was the Lahum coronation had already taken place and my role would not help us in any way so there was no need to.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #1883
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't understand this business about Lathum being so highly trusted and "coronated" and what not. We accepted that he was the fool and in such didn't want to vote for him, but it's not like he's been leading the discussion or we've been worshipping him.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #1884
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry if this double posts, had some trouble with quick reply.

I don't understand this business about Lathum being so highly trusted and "coronated" and what not. We accepted that he was the fool and in such didn't want to vote for him, but it's not like he's been leading the discussion or we've been worshipping him.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #1885
DanGarion
Coordinator

So can someone point me to the last voting record, I want to verify my information on olie.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #1886
DanGarion
Coordinator

vote hoopsguy
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #1887
The Jackal
Coordinator

Interesting.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #1888
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ok al PMs are out!

daybreak, you wake up from a restless (and long)night, to find Chief Rum dead

Chief Rum has bee nightkilled chief rum was a kitten!

next deadline is 11 AM tommorow, because of the move...

G'luck, kittehs!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #1889
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
There is no least likely to be followed in this game. It seems everyone has some kind of power, or powers.

I see this as kindof a hollow victory as we seem to have way too many powers on the light side to use against them. I should file a grievance that I got a crappy power.

i'm not caught up yet, but the first night-kill, Alan, was a mere kitteh.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:45 AM   #1890
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Guess I am caught up. Anyway, I told you to wait until the morning to reveal!!!!

I like hoops's idea that EF is very likely the brutal wolf. I also agree with him that we're probably looking at Dan and EF as our last wolves. In order to play it safe, maybe we should avoid the brutal.

UNVOTE EAGLEFAN
VOTE DANGARION
Old 06-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #1891
Seolian
n00b

VOTE EAGLEFAN
Seolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #1892
mccollins
College Prospect

Any idea when the board goes read only? Is it still set for 1pm?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #1893
mccollins
College Prospect

EagleFan (6) - CoffeeWarlord (1709), Jackal (1836), Oliegirl (1839), Lathum (1848), McCollins (1852), Seolian (1891)
DanGarion (2) - Hoopsguy (1749), Passacaglia (1890)
Hoopsguy (1) - DanGarion (1886)

As of 1892.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #1894
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Guess I am caught up. Anyway, I told you to wait until the morning to reveal!!!!

I like hoops's idea that EF is very likely the brutal wolf. I also agree with him that we're probably looking at Dan and EF as our last wolves. In order to play it safe, maybe we should avoid the brutal.

I hinted towards this last night after we started discussing the possibility that EF is the brutal. However, CW said we'd have to lynch the brutal at some point either way.

If we're sure that DanGarion is a dog and not just a newer player learning the ropes, then I might be inclined to go with this.

However, EF has been on my radar for days now.

What says the village?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #1895
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Any idea when the board goes read only? Is it still set for 1pm?
sez 12 45

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 AM   #1896
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

EagleFan (6) - CoffeeWarlord (1709), Jackal (1836), Oliegirl (1839), Lathum (1848), McCollins (1852), Seolian (1891)
DanGarion (2) - Hoopsguy (1749), Passacaglia (1890)
Hoopsguy (1) - DanGarion (1886)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:55 AM   #1897
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

EF counter is laughable.

Assuming he is correct and I am a dog

Explain to me why I would fake reveal on day 2 with a role that could easily counter me and nail me?

He is desperately trying to get you to suspect the player with the reputation as a solid wolf by saying I have been leading you around, which I havent been doing at all.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #1898
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

vote cronin

I am on the fence between him and PurdueBrad at this time though but cronin's subtle attempt to sway opinion in his recap makes me more suspicious of him.

Quote:
I scanned PB night 1, came back dark.
Day 2 he gets killed and is a wolf.
Night 2 I scanned jeheinz, came back dark.
Day 3 jeheinz gets lynched and is a cat.
I scanned cronin that night, also came back dark.
I have submitted no more scans as it appears to be useless.

By then I knew I was the fool (a fool?) but Lathum was already on all the trust lists so my speaking up would not be worth it especially when the double BG situation came up it seemed like nothing would be gained by my speaking up except getting me lynched and adding to the confusion.

so what you are trying to sell us is that you scanned PB night one and he came back dark. Now at this point you have been told you are the seer.

Yet you vote for St.Cronin instead then later in the day switch to hoops.

Now I don't claim to be a WW savant, but you can be pretty certain if I am the seer and I scan someone as dark I am going to vote for them, if for no other reason then I can reference back to it later when my reveal is countered.

Your comment about being on the fence abour perduebrad also reeks of gamensmenship.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #1899
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
so what you are trying to sell us is that you scanned PB night one and he came back dark. Now at this point you have been told you are the seer.

Yet you vote for St.Cronin instead then later in the day switch to hoops.

Now I don't claim to be a WW savant, but you can be pretty certain if I am the seer and I scan someone as dark I am going to vote for them, if for no other reason then I can reference back to it later when my reveal is countered.

Your comment about being on the fence abour perduebrad also reeks of gamensmenship.

I was starting to give EF a single tiny shred of credit since there really could be two fools, but this analysis nails it.

Anyone want more time for daybreak?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #1900
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I hinted towards this last night after we started discussing the possibility that EF is the brutal. However, CW said we'd have to lynch the brutal at some point either way.

If we're sure that DanGarion is a dog and not just a newer player learning the ropes, then I might be inclined to go with this.

However, EF has been on my radar for days now.

What says the village?

We do have to get the brutal at some point, but I'd prefer it to be our last dog -- that way we won't lose the seer. If we lynch Dan, and he comes up dog, then I say we go after EF, since he's probably the last of them. If Dan comes up cat, then I think we keep looking away from EF (and we don't scan him, for that matter -- we scan me or hoops, assuming we're both alive).