Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2023, 05:24 PM   #1851
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

what in the Cinnamon Toast FUCK was that play.

"A Bully Circle/Ring Around the Rosie Huddle with a Wildcat QB pitching to the REAL QB who throws a pass."

Got called back due to a penalty, but someone's having fun, and it ain't the raiders.

https://twitter.com/ringernfl/status...57033782874113

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-07-2023 at 05:28 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:41 PM   #1852
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My 2 kids were there Monday night and I was watching at home.

Going from that scene to the man being responsive, communicative, and on his way to recovery less than 4 days later is just remarkable.

I don't know that everything could've gone any better considering the incident that happened.

If the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl this year, you really hope it is the Bills year at this point.

There was already a camaraderie between Bengals and Bills fans, and it just strengthened from this.

You do wonder what will happen to these two teams especially. Where will their mindset be this weekend and in the playoffs?

It didn't matter to me two days ago, but now hearing about Hamlin and how it seems like he will recover, it does seem ok to turn back to the joy of competition itself. Hopefully the joy of that combined with the joy of his recovery will make this an end of season to remember.

I think that if he had died or had serious complications, it would have been hard for the Bills or Bengals to re-focus this year. But him getting (it appears) better frees them up to focus on football and possibly even use it as a team-building thing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:25 AM   #1853
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

what's sad is that he is only news when things were looking bleak for him. now that everything is positive, everyone has moved on
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:32 AM   #1854
miami_fan
Coordinator

Seeing the spinning huddle play from the KC-Vegas game last night provided a surprising amount of chuckles this morning.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:30 AM   #1855
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Raiders owner reportedly ’embarrassed’ by team’s fans

WOW, something can actually embarrass a guy who has that haircut.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:04 PM   #1856
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

There's no way that just happened.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:08 PM   #1857
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

unreaL
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:12 PM   #1858
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
what's sad is that he is only news when things were looking bleak for him. now that everything is positive, everyone has moved on

Are you kidding? Every #3 on every 30 yard line in the league is highlighted for him. Every player, coach, and league official and a fair amount of media that I saw in pregame shows talked about him and/or had his name or number on their clothing. And he was the lead story on every morning show that I saw.

I’m not trying to be rude, but what media are you consuming that has moved on? I imagine it will remain a story into the playoffs as long as the Bills or Bengals are alive and his rehab will be a story into the offseason.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:17 PM   #1859
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Crazy, but on the CrimsonFox late night posting crazy scale probably not super high
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 12:54 PM   #1860
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Keep it coming, Houston.

Bears on their way to the #1 overall.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:04 PM   #1861
Ksyrup

Quote:

... Again!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-08-2023, 02:06 PM   #1862
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Getting faster, too. His first was 96 yards in 14 seconds. This one was 101 yards in 13 seconds. First two kickoff return TDs of his career, fifth and sixth in the NFL this season.

Last edited by Solecismic : 01-08-2023 at 02:06 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:54 PM   #1863
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The Falcons finally beat Tom Brady! In a meaningless last game of the season, but still. He won't retire undefeated versus the Falcons.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:01 PM   #1864
Ksyrup

Houston is trying REALLY hard not to have the #1 pick.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:06 PM   #1865
Ksyrup

I have to give Tomlin credit - they can't make the playoffs but how he managed a winning record out of this team is hard to believe.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #1866
bhlloy
Coordinator

If the Texans miss out on whatever QB they want and he goes on to have a great career, the articles that will get written about those few plays. I get you play to win the game but man, that’s one of the wildest endings you can possibly imagine.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #1867
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I have to give Tomlin credit - they can't make the playoffs but how he managed a winning record out of this team is hard to believe.

Yeah, that's a huge credit for the way this team came around at the end.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #1868
GrantDawg

As the Ridder watch, this was his best game by far though he was playing basically the second or third team Buc's defense. Finally threw a TD pass, and then a second. He hit a couple of deep balls, and had 7.5 yards per catch, which is much better than his 5.6 average for the season.

The best thing you can say about him is that he did a good job protecting the ball. He didn't throw an interception in any of his four games. He should have had two in his first game, but those were really his only dangerous throws.

I'm not sure what the Falcons do in the post season. I doubt they end up taking a QB in the draft considering they are the 8th pick. They might be in the Lamar Jackson lottery if the Ravens let him walk, but I really hope not personally. Carr would be a terrible fit. Tannehill has the obvious connection with Smith. If the Titans cut him, I do wonder what a deal for him would look like. I also wonder if he is going to expect a starting job, because I see him more coming in competing for the job not being signed as starter.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:12 PM   #1869
GrantDawg

Do the Bears trade down, or do they pick a QB with Fields already there?
Edit: I say this because the Texans picking 2nd means they still get the QB they want inless the Bears take one or they trade down.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-08-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:15 PM   #1870
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Do the Bears trade down, or do they pick a QB with Fields already there?

I'm still not convinced Fields is an NFL quarterback, but Poles would have to have balls made of depleted uranium to pick a QB.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:17 PM   #1871
Atocep
Coordinator

Bears will have the number 1 pick and the most cap space in the NFL to add to a team that went 1-7 in one score games.

Time for Poles to step up.

I'm guessing they look at trading down, then look at Jalen Carter, then Will Anderson in that order.

If they trade out of the top 5 you're probably looking at a safe pick like Skoronski.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:18 PM   #1872
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I imagine the Bears just sit tight and take one of the two best defensive guys in Carter or Anderson, unless they get blown away by an offer for the first pick. Bryce Young seems to be the only consensus top QB, so if one QB-needy team falls in love with him it could happen.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:19 PM   #1873
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The Falcons finally beat Tom Brady! In a meaningless last game of the season, but still. He won't retire undefeated versus the Falcons.

How does that work? Brady left the game when it was 10-10 in the second quarter. I track both starter-wins and then a win/loss somewhat like baseball's, only without a five-inning requirement for starters.

I wonder if the Bears trade out of #1. They could get a lot if someone falls in love with a quarterback. But they'd be stupid to pass up on Will Anderson. On the other hand, they'd probably be just as stupid to think Justin Fields is their future. They'll find a way to screw this up.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:23 PM   #1874
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Fields is an amazing runner. He’s right up there with Lamar Jackson. He hasn’t shown much as a passer, but it’s hard to judge given how terrible his offensive line has been and the lack of talent around him in terms of receivers.

The Colts have lost some games in amazing fashion this year. Very annoyed they lost today. I wanted them to leapfrog the Rams.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:28 PM   #1875
Ksyrup

If I was the Bears I would hold the #1 pick hostage for the Texans and anyone else who wants a top3-5 QB. Stroud right now is that guy, right? I can't believe Levis will still be that high up or that anyone would pick him that high, but we'll see.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:30 PM   #1876
Thomkal
Head Coach

Isisah Likely with his first 100 yards receiving game, woot!
Old 01-08-2023, 03:31 PM   #1877
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I think Atlanta goes QB if one of the big three lasts.

So... AFC
Chargers at Jaguars, Ravens at Bengals, Dolphins at Buffalo, Chiefs with the bye. And if Buffalo plays Kansas City in the AFC championship, it's on neutral ground, same if Cincinnati plays Buffalo.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:31 PM   #1878
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
If I was the Bears I would hold the #1 pick hostage for the Texans and anyone else who wants a top3-5 QB. Stroud right now is that guy, right? I can't believe Levis will still be that high up or that anyone would pick him that high, but we'll see.

Some of the metrics I've seen like Stroud and some like Bryce Young. Scouts seem to prefer Young right now. I prefer Stroud as I think he'll have an easier transition to the NFL than Young. Levis seems to be on the edge of the top 10, but he's a guy someone could fall in love with because his arm talent is crazy.

Anthony Richardson is probably the guy that gets mocked too high and slides during the draft.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:32 PM   #1879
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:

Probably Bryce Young if it were this minute, but there's still a long way to go before the draft.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:36 PM   #1880
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bears traded their 2nd rounder for Chase Claypool, so it makes sense to trade down and recoup some depth picks if they don’t go QB.

I feel like Young may end up looking better than Stroud by the time everyone works out, but I’d hate to mark that choice. Young is small and that would concern me. I suspect both will go in the top 5 or 6, but Anderson and Carter look like 10-year starters and cornerstone players for sure.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:37 PM   #1881
rjolley
College Starter

Fields has shown enough to build around for next season. Picking a QB this year doesn't make sense because there's so many holes in the roster right now. They should trade down, hopefully in the top 5, get some picks, then take Anderson or Carter. If they're gone, trade back again or take the OL. There are other DL prospects as well that look like top 10 picks.

I'd like to see them get more talent around the roster, especially with not having what is now the 32nd pick.

Now, that view may change after early free agency depending on how the Bears spend their money.

Last edited by rjolley : 01-08-2023 at 03:40 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:40 PM   #1882
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Probably Bryce Young if it were this minute, but there's still a long way to go before the draft.

Tua.0
Old 01-08-2023, 03:43 PM   #1883
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, I wasn’t suggesting for a moment that the Bears will take a QB, but they are not smart if they aren’t at least making the Texans give up something to not put the pick on the market and I think Young will be hyped enough by draft night they could probably get quite a bit.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #1884
Ksyrup

Bears only get screwed if Stroud/Young are so close that the teams who need a QB just say no thanks we'll deal with a team below you and the Texans are good with either one.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:46 PM   #1885
Swaggs
Coordinator

They won’t trade him, given their QB situation, but what would Purdy fetch in a trade this off season? Entering his age 23 season, cheap contract, 4 year starter at a P5 program, that will already have six NFL starts with very good performances.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:35 PM   #1886
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Bears only get screwed if Stroud/Young are so close that the teams who need a QB just say no thanks we'll deal with a team below you and the Texans are good with either one.

I feel like this doesn’t end up happening in practice though. NFL teams convince themselves they are super smart and fall in love with one or the other. And even if this is true, it needs the team at #3 to play ball. I think the Bears have to work pretty hard to screw this one up.
Old 01-08-2023, 04:47 PM   #1887
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Bears have to trade the pick. Come on.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 05:01 PM   #1888
Ksyrup

Old 01-08-2023, 05:18 PM   #1889
Ksyrup

Strange.

Old 01-08-2023, 05:21 PM   #1890
Ksyrup

What Denver has done in the past 2 weeks since firing Hackett is interesting. Almost beat KC and now leading LAC who is playing its starters. Russ has been better.

EDIT: To wit -

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-08-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:30 PM   #1891
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
The Bears have to trade the pick. Come on.

Yeah, they have to maximize this and they don't need a QB, or at least won't pick one.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:55 PM   #1892
Ksyrup

Old 01-08-2023, 06:03 PM   #1893
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Old 01-08-2023, 06:16 PM   #1894
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Doink!
Old 01-08-2023, 06:32 PM   #1895
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Boy that personal foul on Ramsey was pretty ridiculous. Smith ran into him, he had nowhere to go
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:33 PM   #1896
Ksyrup

Jefferson doesn't even attempt to come back to the ball, allows the INT - while Diggs goes straight to the LAR sideline, pointing at Wagner (I believe)... no call.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:35 PM   #1897
Ksyrup

As much as that sucks for Detroit, if they played like a playoff team a couple weeks ago against the Panthers, pretty sure they would have controlled their own destiny.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:36 PM   #1898
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah these officials haven’t gotten the memo that NBC wants a winnand in situation tonight.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:39 PM   #1899
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Boy that personal foul on Ramsey was pretty ridiculous. Smith ran into him, he had nowhere to go

He got flagged for bracing for a hit from a guy who was still running at about 75% up the field straddling the OOB line and initiated contact after the whistle.

I've about had it with putting 100% of the onus on the defense to adjust to everything the offense does.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-08-2023 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:51 PM   #1900
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As much as that sucks for Detroit, if they played like a playoff team a couple weeks ago against the Panthers, pretty sure they would have controlled their own destiny.

Sorry, but that's no excuse for shitty officiating.