Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #1851
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
But my current spreadsheet isn't up to that task, It'll require another spreadsheet where I work out all the possible scenarios of those 20 games, which would Excel hopefully be able to calculate as it'll require 3^20 number of scenarios... I think I'm going to pass on that, for this week.
3^33. Yeah, about that. I might be better of brute force looking at it.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #1852
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
And Brady TD #700 is a walk off OT winner.

At what point can we start talking about the details of Brady's deal with the devil?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:56 AM   #1853
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Playoffs Scenarios for week 15
AFCNFC
1New England9-41Arizona10-3
2Tennessee9-42Green Bay10-3
3Kansas9-43Tampa Bay10-3
4Baltimore8-54Dallas9-4
5LA Chargers8-55LA Rams9-4
6Indianapolis7-66San Francisco7-6
7Buffalo7-67Washington6-7
8Cleveland7-68Philadelphia6-7
9Cincinnati7-69Minnesota6-7
10Denver7-610Atlanta6-7
11Pittsburgh6-6-111New Orleans6-7
12Las Vegas6-712Carolina5-8
13Miami6-713Seattle5-8
14NY Jets3-1014NY Giants4-9
15Houston2-1115Chicago4-9
16Jacksonville2-1116Detroit1-11-1

Tennessee
win + Indianapolis loss -> division champions
Tennessee has head-to-head tie-breaker over Indianapolis.

Dallas
win + Washington-Philadelphia tie -> division champions
win + Philadelphia win + 1 or more from these 6: NY Jets loss/tie, Denver loss/tie, Detroit loss/tie, New England win/tie, LA Chargers win/tie, Minnesota win/tie -> division champions
Washington can still get common games tie-breaker over Dallas (after losing in week 15 and Dallas winning in week 15).
Philadelphia (after losing in week 15 and Dallas winning in week 15) can still get strength of victory tie-breaker over Dallas, requiring good results from NY Jets, Denver and Detroit and bad results from New England, LA Chargers and Minnesota (Philadelphia needs the first three to combine for 12-0 and the last three to combine for 0-12 in weeks 15 through 18). If that ends up tied, Dallas will have strength of schedule tie-breaker over Philadelphia.

Green Bay
win/tie -> division champions
loss + Minnesota loss/tie -> division champions
loss + Minnesota win + at least 2 of 3 from: San Francisco loss, Philadelphia-Washington tie, New Orleans loss/tie -> playoffs
Minnesota will have head-to-head tie-breaker over Green Bay if they end up tied at 10-7.
Green Bay has head-to-head tie-breaker over San Francisco, or conference record tie-breaker over San Francisco in any three-way tie (including a three-way with New Orleans).

Tampa Bay
win/tie -> division champions
loss + New Orleans loss/tie -> division champions
loss + New Orleans win + Washington-Philadelphia tie + Minnesota loss/tie -> playoffs
New Orleans will have head-to-head tie-breaker over Tampa Bay if they end up tied at 10-7.
Tampa Bay has head-to-head tie-breaker over Atlanta.
There cannot be a three-way tie due to the Atlanta at New Orleans game in week 18.
San Francisco will have conference record tie-breaker over Tampa Bay if they are tied at 10-7 (or better).

Arizona
win/tie -> playoffs
loss + at least 1 of 3 from: Washington-Philadelphia tie, Minnesota loss/tie, Atlanta and/or New Orleans loss/tie -> playoffs
Arizona has head-to-head tie-breaker over San Francisco, still in three-way involving LA Rams.
San Francisco isn't mentioned because if Atlanta and New Orleans both win, that also means San Francisco lost to Atlanta.

LA Rams
win + at least 1 of 3 from: Washington-Philadelphia tie, Minnesota loss/tie, Atlanta and/or New Orleans loss/tie -> playoffs
San Francisco isn't mentioned because if Atlanta and New Orleans both win, that also means San Francisco lost to Atlanta.

I can't see a scenario where New England, Tennessee or Kansas wins and all the other results in the AFC fall their way to secure at least a wild card in week 15.

I mentioned a Washington-Philadelphia tie several times, the game itself makes it that the loser won't be able to reach a 10-7 record anymore, but a tied game will make them both end up at 9-7-1 at best.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:46 AM   #1854
Thomkal
Head Coach

Arizona did not clinch last night.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #1855
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My dislike of bro-genius McVay and my desire to see him crash and burn is fighting my happiness of seeing Stafford finally in an offense that lets him show his talent.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #1856
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not that the Rams aren't a good team, but I fully expected Arizona to win that game. Crazy W/L differential between home and road - 7-0 on the road and 3-3 at home.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #1857
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just like how the Colts got moved into a playoff spot without having to play a game this week.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #1858
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not that the Rams aren't a good team, but I fully expected Arizona to win that game. Crazy W/L differential between home and road - 7-0 on the road and 3-3 at home.

yeah its usually very much the other way around for them-can't explain it, just glad they play in Detroit next week
Old 12-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #1859
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...investigation/

Dan Snyder tried to derail the NFL's WFT investigation.

My prediction: The NFL is going to make Snyder the fall guy for everything and give him the Don Sterling treatment. And then they will be like "Look at all the horrible stuff that he did that isn't a problem with the NFL anymore b/c he is gone."

By January 1, 2025 or sooner, I predict that the WFT will be under new ownership.
Old 12-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #1860
QuikSand
lolzcat

i like both the prediction and the outcome
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #1861
molson
General Manager

Me too, but, it sure seems like everything the NFL has done with this whole thing is intended to protect Dan Snyder. Like he's more powerful than the league itself.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:23 PM   #1862
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal
just glad they play in Detroit next week

Very little upside to that game for them I would think. At least if it was a traditional bye week instead of an on-field one, they would have the chance to get healthier rather than risk key injuries.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #1863
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Very little upside to that game for them I would think. At least if it was a traditional bye week instead of an on-field one, they would have the chance to get healthier rather than risk key injuries.

yeah Hopkins and Conner both got MRIs today. I hope if its a blowout they will take Murray out to try to keep him healthy
Old 12-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #1864
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
yeah Hopkins and Conner both got MRIs today. I hope if its a blowout they will take Murray out to try to keep him healthy

They could sit Murray, Hopkins and Conner and beat Detroit easily. The Lions are pretty terrible at their best and last week they were missing 20% of their roster. They’ll get a little more healthy this week post-COVID outbreak, but it still won’t matter.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #1865
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Is it bad that I'm already 'looking forward' to seeing how the Lions ruin/run Aidan Hutchinson out of town?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #1866
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Is it bad that I'm already 'looking forward' to seeing how the Lions ruin/run Aidan Hutchinson out of town?

He seems like a decent guy. I hope that the Lions give him an unusually bad evaluation, but Houston is a bad situation as well. Maybe Jacksonville, once they get someone in there who knows what to do with Lawrence?

Right there you have three of the four franchises never to play in a Super Bowl. It really isn't coaching alone or the players alone. That level of futility requires poor ownership.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:34 AM   #1867
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...investigation/

Dan Snyder tried to derail the NFL's WFT investigation.

My prediction: The NFL is going to make Snyder the fall guy for everything and give him the Don Sterling treatment. And then they will be like "Look at all the horrible stuff that he did that isn't a problem with the NFL anymore b/c he is gone."

By January 1, 2025 or sooner, I predict that the WFT will be under new ownership.

What would be the catalyst for this happening? Given what he has been allowed to do so far, he would have to been caught knocking his wife out on tape Ray Rice style. And even then he may only get an 18 months suspension similar to the one he has now.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #1868
miami_fan
Coordinator

What exactly was the sell of getting Urban Meyer.for the Jags? I understand the sell of Chip Kelly, Kliff Kingsbury and even Steve Spurrier. Offensive geniuses whose system would work in the NFL. I even get Saban and Greg Schiano. Defensive gurus who at least spent some time on NFL staffs. At the very least, you might think Saban or Schiano was one of those hardcore disciplinarians. Whether you agree or disagree, the sell for these guys was them impacting one side of the ball or the other. Is Meyer in any of these camps?

The reason I ask is looking back over the Jags staff and there are guys like Darrell Bevell and Brian Schottenheimer are on the offensive side. I assume this is the side where you would expect the biggest impact from Meyer but you have two experienced coaches that are not from the Meyer coaching tree and I would not expect to run Meyer's style of offense (if he has one).

Wouldn't that be something that he runs himself or at least has an offensive coordinator familiar with his system run for him? I compare it to the Cardinals. That is a Kliff Kingsbury offense that Kliff Kingsbury runs to the point that there is no offensive coordinator at all.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #1869
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What would be the catalyst for this happening? Given what he has been allowed to do so far, he would have to been caught knocking his wife out on tape Ray Rice style. And even then he may only get an 18 months suspension similar to the one he has now.

The biggest thing that he has going for him is that team owners really really like to preserve the norm of never being forced out. They like the idea that they will get to own their team as long as they want.

But, sometimes, a Don Sterling situation happens and it just goes too far.

I don't know what one event would change things with Snyder. But I also don't think that the Washington Post runs this story without leaks/permission from the higher ups in the NFL. The fact that the story came out is what makes me think that certain people wanted this story to come out.

I am guessing that all of the secret findings of the WFT investigation have been talked about in back rooms by the Maras and Joneses and Rooneys for a while. And then you start replacing some old guard owners like Jerry Richardson with new blood like David Tepper who might care more about making $$ than protecting perverts, I can see how sentiments might have turned.

How does an owner like Snyder get pushed out? Slowly at first. Then all at once.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #1870
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It will be interesting, especially if Bezos becomes the new owner as has been rumored for a while now. If the NFL wants this, obviously the Post will print whatever the NFL wants it to print.

I'm not a Gruden fan at all, but I would hope his lawsuit could reveal some of this relationship. Might as well see all the emails, now that the door is open.
Old 12-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #1871
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

It looks like a sprain for Hopkins that will keep him out for the regular season, but he is getting a second opinion. Conner is day to day
Old 12-15-2021, 07:01 PM   #1872
RainMaker
General Manager

Another leak on Meyer today. Sort of wonder if this is done on purpose so that ownership can find a way out of a terrible contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What exactly was the sell of getting Urban Meyer.for the Jags?

Terrible owner who thinks being a successful college coach translates to the NFL. Different leagues and different skill levels.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #1873
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Josh Lambo is accusing urban Meyer of having kicked him in training camp. The Jaguars remain a joke of a franchise. Goddell should invoke some sort of for the good of the game clause and get Trevor Lawrence out of there before they ruin him.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #1874
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Josh Lambo is accusing urban Meyer of having kicked him in training camp. The Jaguars remain a joke of a franchise. Goddell should invoke some sort of for the good of the game clause and get Trevor Lawrence out of there before they ruin him.

If Goodell was interested in "the good of the game", he'd have long ago put an end to letting the inmates run the fucking asylum.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:32 PM   #1875
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If Goodell was interested in "the good of the game", he'd have long ago put an end to letting the inmates run the fucking asylum.

I realize that one of the places that you and I probably have to agree to disagree is on the question of whether an employer should have the right to physically beat their employees with impunity

But, leaving that aside. Either Lambo is just making this up, or Meyer is going around kicking his players. Either version of the story shows that Jax is just a clown car pretending to be a professional football team.

#FreeTrevor
Old 12-15-2021, 09:44 PM   #1876
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I realize that one of the places that you and I probably have to agree to disagree is on the question of whether an employer should have the right to physically beat their employees with impunity

But, leaving that aside. Either Lambo is just making this up, or Meyer is going around kicking his players. Either version of the story shows that Jax is just a clown car pretending to be a professional football team.

#FreeTrevor

I'm picturing - even from the description of a disgruntled former player - a "show kick" more than anything intended to cause any physical distress.

Who knows, maybe Meyer tried to shoot kick the guy and just ain't got the mustard left for it to have any impact but that's not what I'm picturing.

And if a player in pads is bitching about what it sounds likely to have been, it's way beyond time to just shut the whole shitshow of a league down permanently.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:46 PM   #1877
Ksyrup

I'd fire him for referring to himself as the "head ball coach" more than for the kick, personally.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-15-2021, 09:52 PM   #1878
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

They're football players, not rodeo clowns. If Lambo's story is true, the disrespect is the issue. I don't think that would fly in college these days, either.

I don't know what's going on in Jacksonville, but every story I read gives me the impression Meyer never wanted this job and is doing everything he can to lose it and go back to his happy restaurateur life.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:55 PM   #1879
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
They're football players, not rodeo clowns. If Lambo's story is true, the disrespect is the issue. I don't think that would fly in college these days, either.

I don't know what's going on in Jacksonville, but every story I read gives me the impression Meyer never wanted this job and is doing everything he can to lose it and go back to his happy restaurateur life.

He found out he doesn't have a town to cover for him when he lets a coed sit in his lap and grind on him.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:47 PM   #1880
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Urban Meyer? He gone (officially)
Old 12-15-2021, 11:48 PM   #1881
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

The Inmates ARE running the asylum. From the owner's box.
Old 12-15-2021, 11:49 PM   #1882
Ksyrup

Good riddance. It was a weird hire to begin with. Jacksonville is major UF territory but even UF fans hate Meyer.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:22 AM   #1883
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Everybody can relax now.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:26 AM   #1884
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Leftwich to the Jags as their new HC would make a ton of sense.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:04 AM   #1885
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Urban Meyer? He gone (officially)

Does this mean he was the source?
Old 12-16-2021, 06:44 AM   #1886
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Leftwich to the Jags as their new HC would make a ton of sense.

I like that.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:36 AM   #1887
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to put my name out there as available to fuck up a franchise for a year while making 70 mil.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:39 AM   #1888
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'd like to put my name out there as available to fuck up a franchise for a year while making 70 mil.
I'd do it for 35 million.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #1889
Ksyrup

When you're mentioned in the same sentence as Bobby Petrino, that's not great. But even Bobby left on his own for another job.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:59 AM   #1890
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I wonder if the Lambo thing gave the Jags reason to fire him "for cause," which would keep them from having to pay the rest of the contract.

I have no idea how that all really works. But I can see the Jags jumping on that as the reason to do it if they thought that it could save them some money.

At a minimum, it might encourage Urban to settle for less than full value to keep the incident from being litigated in the press.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:52 AM   #1891
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I wonder if the Lambo thing gave the Jags reason to fire him "for cause," which would keep them from having to pay the rest of the contract.

I have no idea how that all really works. But I can see the Jags jumping on that as the reason to do it if they thought that it could save them some money.

At a minimum, it might encourage Urban to settle for less than full value to keep the incident from being litigated in the press.

The timing of that, and a Thursday AM departure before a Sunday game, that seems like a very good bet.

How much is a verbally and physically abusive disgraced NFL coach worth in the college football landscape these days? $120 million maybe?

Last edited by molson : 12-16-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:03 AM   #1892
Ksyrup

Next year's season tickets go on sale next week too, so someone on twitter suggested that could be part of the timing. Buy tickets expecting a fresh start under a new coach, I guess.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:54 AM   #1893
Ksyrup

Someone's angling to bypass Fox Sports and go straight for a Fox News gig, it appears...

Old 12-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #1894
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kraken rum has to be so pissed that it hasn't become the MAGA spirt of choice yet.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #1895
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dude is not a good person, never has been, unless being an arrogant, self absorbed, adultering, douchebag who protects killers and abusers to win football games is now considered good???

Met him once at a coaches clinic, which I may have mentioned before. One of the most egotistical pricks I have ever met in the coaching profession, and that is saying something. Even outshined Rich Rod in that area.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #1896
molson
General Manager

Urban was done dirty by that notorious tree-hugging socialist bastard, Shad Khan.
Old 12-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #1897
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Dude is not a good person, never has been, unless being an arrogant, self absorbed, adultering, douchebag who protects killers and abusers to win football games is now considered good???

Always has been. If the Jags were playoff contenders no one would give a nickel about the stories coming out about Urban.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:13 AM   #1898
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Even outshined Rich Rod in that area.

Oh do tell. I'm always down for a good Rich Rod story. There's so many and they never get old.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #1899
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Oh do tell. I'm always down for a good Rich Rod story. There's so many and they never get old.

I got two LOL. We are at the Glazier Clinic in Phoenix would be 8-9 years ago I believe, but it was after his first season at UofA and he was a speaker. A coach I know from another HS and one from our staff both tried to interact with him.

The coach from the other HS encountered him after his talk in the bathroom and asked him a question as they were standing at the urinal, yeah, kinda tacky, but Rich Rod looked at him and said "Well, I can answer your question, but I would have to turn to you and finish pissing on your leg" My buddy laughed, as if it was a joke, and Rich Rod then finished and said "there is a reason we take questions after we talk, so we don't have to answer them here, speak up next time" and walked off. (Again, may not be word for word, but you get the gist.

Later when he was at the bar our guy asked him about what type of coverages gave him issues and he replied "Nothing you could come up with at your level" He then asked the bartender if he could have drinks sent up to his room where he could get some peace and walked off.

Conversely, Todd Graham was early in his ASU stint and also spoke, one of the nicest, most approachable guys you would ever meet. Made it easy on who to root for in the duel in the desert game LOL.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #1900
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I got two LOL. We are at the Glazier Clinic in Phoenix would be 8-9 years ago I believe, but it was after his first season at UofA and he was a speaker. A coach I know from another HS and one from our staff both tried to interact with him.

The coach from the other HS encountered him after his talk in the bathroom and asked him a question as they were standing at the urinal, yeah, kinda tacky, but Rich Rod looked at him and said "Well, I can answer your question, but I would have to turn to you and finish pissing on your leg" My buddy laughed, as if it was a joke, and Rich Rod then finished and said "there is a reason we take questions after we talk, so we don't have to answer them here, speak up next time" and walked off. (Again, may not be word for word, but you get the gist.

Later when he was at the bar our guy asked him about what type of coverages gave him issues and he replied "Nothing you could come up with at your level" He then asked the bartender if he could have drinks sent up to his room where he could get some peace and walked off.

Conversely, Todd Graham was early in his ASU stint and also spoke, one of the nicest, most approachable guys you would ever meet. Made it easy on who to root for in the duel in the desert game LOL.

That sounds 100% on brand and this would have been after he was humbled a bit after his time at Michigan. The Rich stories are never ending though. It seems like there's a million of them.

Graham was a guy I always heard good things about from his brief time at WVU on Rich's staff. Butch Jones, on the other than, was always described as Rich but weirder.