Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #1851
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
We wouldn't need to discuss that until Day 6, actually. Because frankly, the baddies are taking a gamble if they let the Light seer live another night. Each night that goes by where they don't kill the Light seer is another night where they risk getting themselves outed.

If we don't have a plan it is certainly something they could do in order to totally screw us. What is the real seer scans a wolf then fake one ALSO scans a wolf? Who do we go with? We can't just let this keep going without thinking about the possible consequences. Being a wolf is all about risks, and with us actually having a CoT now they're going to have to take some more.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #1852
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
If we don't have a plan it is certainly something they could do in order to totally screw us. What is the real seer scans a wolf then fake one ALSO scans a wolf? Who do we go with? We can't just let this keep going without thinking about the possible consequences. Being a wolf is all about risks, and with us actually having a CoT now they're going to have to take some more.

I am willing to cross that bridge when we get there. I think today's vote will hopefully tell us more about who is on what side and if they both hand us a wolf, we can use some of that data to determine which is the safer choice (or do a run off between both of the wolfs possibly).

I think right now we have the upper hand, so no reason for us to do anything rash. Since this is FOFC, in football terms its the beginning of the 4th quarter and we have a 14 point lead. We don't need to throw any hail marys, we just need to get a good running game going and force them to try to make the huge play.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #1853
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith;1302651I still have quite a bit of trust for sublime.[B
VOTE SUBLIME[/b]

Please explain this. You have trust for Sublime, but you have voted for him the past two days. What am I missing?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #1854
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't have trust for sublime. If I said otherwise it was a wording error, I apologize.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #1855
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

That's what I figured. It just seemed odd to me.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #1856
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so ticked. Blade didn't have to die.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #1857
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I am so ticked. Blade didn't have to die.

Schmidty, is you could please fill us in on your role now it would be much appreciated.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:36 PM   #1858
Swaggs
Coordinator

Catching up now... looks like there were a few pages worth of posts.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #1859
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So Swaggs, you found out that jon, mr.w, and schmidty are all good? and by that fact thomkal must be good?

It is not certain, but I think that, if he Thomkal were evil, he would have thrown in a bad name so that the group would have a little bit of question. I doubt that he considered that someone with my ability would be in this game, but it is not impossible. For now, I think he is fine.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #1860
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Catching up now... looks like there were a few pages worth of posts.

One thing I asked of you earlier, but after you left..

How sure are you that the message you scanned definitly says Mr.Wednesday and Schmidty are good?

I believe your story, but I don't want to let people into the vouched list unless we are absolutely sure. If you are ok vouching for them then thats fine. I just want to make sure we are sure about them.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #1861
Lorena
Unregistered

I thought about what Brian mentioned: alant and LSG might be evil and for all we know, alan is coaching LSG on what to say. I mean who knows, once blade mentioned that he thought LSG was a seer, they could have used that and ran with it.

Dunno, just kinda thinking out loud.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #1862
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
It's interesting that YOU don't mention Thomkal as part of the 8 you trust completely, but yet you trust Swaggs list which includes Thomkal. Very, very interesting. It's like you're leaving a little wiggle room for yourself. "Well, I have my list of trusted people and I trust Swaggs, so combine my list with his and we're set".

Also, some people on your trust list have been highly suspected so the fact they're on your list makes me suspect even more.

Gosh darnit... my head hurts and I'm sleep deprived. I'm out for a few hours.

Here is why Thomkal isn't as certain: He could have seer abilities and know the allegiance of the players he scanned, but could still be on the dark side.

Right now, I doubt that, because I believe he would have put a ringer into his group if he were evil.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #1863
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
And to Tyrith, if they let both of them live another night then great. One more day of seer reads from both of them for us to use

I am not Tyrith, but let me say this. It also gives us another day of possibly a false seer read. Hiding one of thier kind among the clear.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #1864
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought about what Brian mentioned: alant and LSG might be evil and for all we know, alan is coaching LSG on what to say. I mean who knows, once blade mentioned that he thought LSG was a seer, they could have used that and ran with it.

I can't say for sure if LSG is bad or not. However I do have plenty of villagers that I do know are good that are backing me.

I can't say one way or another about you either right now, however I do think we'll learn alot from today's vote. My hope is that sublime and ntndeacon are on opposite bad guy sides and the bad guys are facing the delimna of what to do.

I think seeing us not finding a fast run away with a bunch of pileons makes me feel pretty good so far that people are in a delimna right now.

I feel pretty good about my vote with ntndeacon who yesterday had alot of people who currently are not vouched for not vote for.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #1865
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Day one- scanned blade
day two - scanned alant
day three - scanned lathum
day four - scanned izulde

Just for my notes.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #1866
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am not Tyrith, but let me say this. It also gives us another day of possibly a false seer read. Hiding one of thier kind among the clear.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not letting anyone that either seer say is good in the fully trusted circle until we get secondary backing at least. You have seen me asking Swaggs if he feels he can be completely sure or not because that is going to be a big part of whether or not I feel Schmidty and Mr.W can be fully trusted.

Getting the names from THomkal and LSG are still good though, because it gives us a chance to catch them in a trap of lying about someone. Plus we can just disregard the names of the people who the fake seer stated were good when we get to that point.

If they let both seers live another 2-3 days, then we'll have to make that call then, however we'll have 2-3 days more worth of seer scans and in a way kept our seer alive that much longer.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #1867
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Alan, if you believe his ability, then what we know is that Thomkal believes that all three people he named are good. If, arguendo, he's in one of the bad factions and that faction doesn't know members of the other faction, then we actually aren't completely cleared.

This is correct.

He believes all three are good. That doesn't clear him, by any means, but I think he would have mixed it up a bit unless he was aware of my ability. I am hopeful that, by the PM stating that "he believes," it means all three of you are cleared. I would hope it would say something to the effect that he was not certain if that were the case.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #1868
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

If I understand Swaggs comments correctly, he can only judge the truth of one thing stated that day. So it is possible that a false read could slip through without being detected.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #1869
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is correct.

He believes all three are good. That doesn't clear him, by any means, but I think he would have mixed it up a bit unless he was aware of my ability. I am hopeful that, by the PM stating that "he believes," it means all three of you are cleared. I would hope it would say something to the effect that he was not certain if that were the case.

Then to be completely fair, I think at this point we have to keep schmidty and Mr.W out of the cleared circle, but just not put them on the possible lynch list. I would like to clear them fully, however I think its too much of a gamble to do so unless you are sure Swaggs.

I would currently say that Thomkal, Lonestargirl, Schmidty and Mr.Wednesday are all not cleared, but not people I want to see lynched.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #1870
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, is you could please fill us in on your role now it would be much appreciated.

Nope. I won't/can't give out more info, partly because of rules in my role, and partly for the sake of the preservation of the town and myself.

I've been throwing out as many hints as I can, but even if the hints are figured out, as far as a traditional role, that's still only half the story. Sorry I can't be more clear as of right now.

I will say that my name is Lafe Eriksdotter, and was just passing through when the Black Riders came. I have decided to stay and help defend the town.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #1871
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
That's cool with me. You guys have no reason to believe that I am good. I get it. I just want you guys to know that I'm of the light.

My name is Nob and I am a stableworker, a hobbit servant of Barliman Butterbur at the Inn of the Prancing Pony. I am a paranoid little fellow, so I hide from everyone at night even if I trust them. I can choose to not hide if I want to, but I don't see any reason to do so at this point. If I say that I'm not hiding on a given night, then that just opens me up for the baddies. So, it's not worth it to me.

Spleen screwed up badly. He is not Nob. Chief Rum was Nob, as we learned after his death.

Vote Spleen1015
Old 11-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #1872
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Alan is saying that izulde will back him up about his role, but that doesn't make him for certain. This scenario is pretty much our nightmare case, and I'm not sure we'd be able to unscrew ourselves in time if it were true, so I'm just going to have to let it go for now.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #1873
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Nope. I won't/can't give out more info, partly because of rules in my role, and partly for the sake of the preservation of the town and myself.

I've been throwing out as many hints as I can, but even if the hints are figured out, as far as a traditional role, that's still only half the story. Sorry I can't be more clear as of right now.

I will say that my name is Lafe Eriksdotter, and was just passing through when the Black Riders came. I have decided to stay and help defend the town.

I think the last part gives me enough information to finally figure things out. I've been pretty stupid about this so far. Alright, thanks for cooperating as much as you can schmidty
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #1874
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Spleen screwed up badly. He is not Nob. Chief Rum was Nob, as we learned after his death.

Vote Spleen1015

Didn't spleen correct this by saying he ment hob and it was an honest mistake?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #1875
Lorena
Unregistered

It's times like this when I wish blade were still alive, he'd be all over this.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #1876
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't remember if Swaggs said he can scan someone's words once a day or if he can't do it anymore, but I've said several times that I am a good guy and I havent been converted and I'm on the side of light and anything else though about 200 posts. So I fully welcome Swaggs if he still has the ability to check me out next time he gets a chance.

Either way, I am pretty sure stuff that I have said will ring true to enough people. I also think that I'm pushing us in a way that will be the least damaging to us even if we guess wrong at the lynch. I also enjoy seeing the bad guys squirm a bit here in having to decide when exactly to kill the seer. They know which one is which where we don't.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #1877
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And Tyrnth, i can vouch for both alant and izulde, but for some reason all y'all are having a hard time vouching for me....
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #1878
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is correct.

Considering that we can't divine motivation through game abilities, I'd be willing to say that "he believes" is the same as "he saw". How else would the game mechanics deal with it? The GM won't ask him what he believes, so there must have been a reason for him to "believe". The only thing that may throw a wrench into this is having someone with the ability to mask their own affiliation, or the affiliation of someone else. Of course this would be a problem for LSG as well as Thomkal.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #1879
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

If they let both seers live another 2-3 days, then we'll have to make that call then, however we'll have 2-3 days more worth of seer scans and in a way kept our seer alive that much longer.

Ok I can buy this, but I still say to be careful about false seer reads. Keeping our seer alive longer is good, but the false seers visions of good or bad should be taken with a tub of salt.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #1880
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Alan is saying that izulde will back him up about his role, but that doesn't make him for certain. This scenario is pretty much our nightmare case, and I'm not sure we'd be able to unscrew ourselves in time if it were true, so I'm just going to have to let it go for now.

Yup, definitely a nightmare scenario, I was just thinking out loud, that is all. I tend to think things through without posting them.

Onward...
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #1881
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's times like this when I wish blade were still alive, he'd be all over this.

So just for the record, I want to hear you say that you trust lonestargirl enough that you feel thomkal should die, and if lonestargirl is in fact bad you would be bad also and to lynch you too?

I by no means want us to go that route, but this information will be useful for me to figure out what side you are on when we get to the point of figuring out which of them are lying in a day or three
Old 11-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #1882
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
And Tyrnth, i can vouch for both alant and izulde, but for some reason all y'all are having a hard time vouching for me....

I completely believe your story because of the way things went down last night. Right now I am about 90% certain Thomkal is bad. However, if you, Alan, and Izulde were playing with us, we'd be totally screwed.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #1883
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
One thing I asked of you earlier, but after you left..

How sure are you that the message you scanned definitly says Mr.Wednesday and Schmidty are good?

I believe your story, but I don't want to let people into the vouched list unless we are absolutely sure. If you are ok vouching for them then thats fine. I just want to make sure we are sure about them.

Not absolute. In fact, I suppose if one or more in a different faction and he made a fake reveal, he could "believe" that they are good without knowing for certain.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #1884
Tyrith
College Starter

The only problem with letting both seers live till tomorrow is that if they live through the night and both say they've found wolves tomorrow what do we do? For that matter what do we do if Thomkal says he's found a wolf tonight? And what if there is a fix in the works where Thomkal feeds us a bad guy so that we trust him, like Lathum the last game, and spend tomorrow killing LSG? These are legitimate problems we need to be thinking about now, lest we get something like Thomkal popping in 30 minutes to lynch and saying that I'm bad.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #1885
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Dodgerchick, i would do what alant says..... i promise i am of the light.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #1886
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

For the love of Christ woman, it's T-Y-R-I-T-H, no N!
Old 11-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #1887
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Guys, what is the point of me revealing today if i was bad? I wasn't on the chopping block...The only reason i revealed was because i knew Thomkal was full of crap and i wouldn't to explain why i got so heated last night. If i wasn't a seer i would have just let the game go the way it was heading....
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #1888
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I completely believe your story because of the way things went down last night. Right now I am about 90% certain Thomkal is bad. However, if you, Alan, and Izulde were playing with us, we'd be totally screwed.

Just to play along with the devil's advocate.. if LSG, Izulde and I were all on the same side and say we were all evil, it would mean we would have 2 seperate seer roles. Even if you cancel out the duplicates such as Lathum, myself and Izulde who are on multiple lists, it still leaves LSG having scanned Blade supposedly and me having information I dropped in hints for Swaggs, plus there is enough other information that I've dropped in hints for Jonathan, Grammaticus and Daddy Torgo that I'm guessing they would support me too.

So for this nightmare scenerio to be true, we would have to have either an 8 person bad guy team or have 1 team with many many seer scans.

Even though its WW, sometimes it really is the simplest scenerio that makes the most sense. I showed you my examples of what I left for Swaggs and Lathum well before any reveals. I left information for Izulde, grammaticus, Jonathan, Daddy Torgo as well which I'm guessing some if not all picked up on.

My interaction with Blade wasn't anything where I felt he was bad, it kept me alive long enough to try to figure out some form of COT. Now that we have it, we need to just carry it from there.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #1889
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
For the love of Christ woman, it's T-Y-R-I-T-H, no N!

Who cares? Its not our real names anyway. I could be saying for the love of God its L O N E S T A R G I R L, not LSG! It doesn't matter....
Old 11-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #1890
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
So just for the record, I want to hear you say that you trust lonestargirl enough that you feel thomkal should die, and if lonestargirl is in fact bad you would be bad also and to lynch you too?

I by no means want us to go that route, but this information will be useful for me to figure out what side you are on when we get to the point of figuring out which of them are lying in a day or three

What? Are you kidding me? So okay, because I said I wish blade were here I go for a sort of CoT to all of a sudden not so trusted?

Nice.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #1891
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Guys, what is the point of me revealing today if i was bad? I wasn't on the chopping block...The only reason i revealed was because i knew Thomkal was full of crap and i wouldn't to explain why i got so heated last night. If i wasn't a seer i would have just let the game go the way it was heading....

Actually, with blade gone and the way things went down last night, you probably were going to start taking some heat today in a less extreme fashion than I am/could be. Probably not lynch worthy but there would be some looking. However, that doesn't mean you aren't right and I still believe you're probably the seer.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #1892
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I scanned blade because i have found out in early games blade is a hell of a player, i wanted to know immediatly if he was bad. the second night i was tired of alant and blades bickering if they were on the same team, so i checked alant. After that lathum almost died, and he wasn't playing his normal game, so i checked on him. Last night I went after Izulde because i didn't want to check on thomkal, i figured he would be dead once i revealed today, and izulde has been against me since day one.

Seriously - Language.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #1893
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only problem with letting both seers live till tomorrow is that if they live through the night and both say they've found wolves tomorrow what do we do? For that matter what do we do if Thomkal says he's found a wolf tonight? And what if there is a fix in the works where Thomkal feeds us a bad guy so that we trust him, like Lathum the last game, and spend tomorrow killing LSG? These are legitimate problems we need to be thinking about now, lest we get something like Thomkal popping in 30 minutes to lynch and saying that I'm bad.

I am prepared for that. There might just be a small chance that I haven't said everything I know yet And if one does feed us a wolf, it doesn't change my feeling on killing the other. I still say we keep them alive until the bad guys do it for us.

Otherwise it would be easy for one bad team to feed us a wolf from the other bad team and then get us to kill our good seer. Too risky. Lets just let the bad guys kill the seer for us.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #1894
Swaggs
Coordinator

Guys, we need to lynch Spleen he is lying.

I said earlier that my name was Barliman Butterbur. If you all recall my odd request as to whether or not anyone's name rhymed with Chief Rum's name (Nob), it was because I looked myself up on wikipedia:

Barliman Butterbur is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's epic fantasy The Lord of the Rings.

Quote:
Butterbur was the owner of the Inn of the Prancing Pony in Bree. He was a Man, but as Bree was inhabited by both Men and hobbits, he had two hobbit employees: Bob, who worked in the stables, and Nob, a servant.

Why would my name be correct, Chief's name be correct, and Spleen's name be "Hob" rather than Bob? Spleen felt some heat even though there was none directly placed on him, made an unncecesary fake reveal, and had an "Oh Shit!" moment. Don't let this slide. One of the dark members screwed up and we can't let it go.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #1895
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What? Are you kidding me? So okay, because I said I wish blade were here I go for a sort of CoT to all of a sudden not so trusted?

Nice.

You haven't moved any in where I feel you are. You still are in the unvouched for group, and a very possible wolf. I am more interested in your absolute knowledge that Thomkal must be bad and we must lynch him. How do you know this?

I know alot in this game, alot more than I have probably let on, but even I dont know for sure which is good and which isn't. So I am just curious how you know this.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #1896
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Guys, we need to lynch Spleen he is lying.

I said earlier that my name was Barliman Butterbur. If you all recall my odd request as to whether or not anyone's name rhymed with Chief Rum's name (Nob), it was because I looked myself up on wikipedia:

Barliman Butterbur is a fictional character from J. R. R. Tolkien's epic fantasy The Lord of the Rings.

Why would my name be correct, Chief's name be correct, and Spleen's name be "Hob" rather than Bob? Spleen felt some heat even though there was none directly placed on him, made an unncecesary fake reveal, and had an "Oh Shit!" moment. Don't let this slide. One of the dark members screwed up and we can't let it go.

You're right. We probably won't learn alot from this lynch, but its the safest play.

UNVOTE Ntndeacon
Vote Spleen
Old 11-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #1897
Swaggs
Coordinator

Apologies about the language. I would edit it, but don't want to violate the rules.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #1898
Swaggs
Coordinator

With Anxiety's permission, I would like to change that post?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #1899
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Who cares? Its not our real names anyway. I could be saying for the love of God its L O N E S T A R G I R L, not LSG! It doesn't matter....

Sheesh woman, I was kidding, loosen up a little will ya? You did see my smiley right? Here's another one so you know I'm kidding

And for the record, I am leaning more towards you as being the seer of light so don't get your panties all in a bunch k?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #1900
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

vote spleen

Okay Swaggs, ill bite