Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2006, 02:52 PM   #1901
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's funny because the night before I believe cronin was suggesting you should be sheriff. How do we know that wasn't the attempt for the cowboys to get one of their own in the position? Seems to me you and I both were "trusted" by cronin at various points.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #1902
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's funny because the night before I believe cronin was suggesting you should be sheriff. How do we know that wasn't the attempt for the cowboys to get one of their own in the position? Seems to me you and I both were "trusted" by cronin at various points.

yeah, but i have a reason to be trusted...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #1903
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
What reason is that?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #1904
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What reason is that?

how about the night I was arrested my story matches perfectly with ntn and anxiety. Saldana also stated my gun was fully loaded and cold. That was the night thomkal was shot so unless there was a mechanish for me to be trying to kill anxiety while thomkal was shot ( maybe by you ) i think that pretty much puts me in the clear.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #1905
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

yea pardner, what reason is it?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:11 PM   #1906
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
yea pardner, what reason is it?

i see you posted
Old 10-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #1907
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I see bulletsponge likes to quote himself.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #1908
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I see bulletsponge likes to quote himself.
He seems to do it a lot.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #1909
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
how about the night I was arrested my story matches perfectly with ntn and anxiety. Saldana also stated my gun was fully loaded and cold. That was the night thomkal was shot so unless there was a mechanish for me to be trying to kill anxiety while thomkal was shot ( maybe by you ) i think that pretty much puts me in the clear.
Since when does talking clear you?

And I hate to tell you but I don't have a gun. I referenced this way back on day 1 when bullet was saying he should shoot me.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:19 PM   #1910
Barkeep49
Coordinator

In fact we KNOW talking doesn't clear you since ntn talked to cronin and cronin was a bad guy, unknown by ntn. And that was someone who has some kind of seeresque ability. You're telling me by talking to somebody without any seer abilities you're clear?

I'm not saying you're a bad guy, but I'm certainly not saying you couldn't be.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:20 PM   #1911
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Since when does talking clear you?

And I hate to tell you but I don't have a gun. I referenced this way back on day 1 when bullet was saying he should shoot me.

well the only way to find out for sure is throw you in the pokey. If you ain't packin' then i'll have a little more faith in you but seriously, what kind of bartended in the old west doesn't have a gun?
Old 10-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #1912
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
well the only way to find out for sure is throw you in the pokey. If you ain't packin' then i'll have a little more faith in you but seriously, what kind of bartended in the old west doesn't have a gun?
Well I suppose as long as I'm released the next day, so I could use my bartending skill, a day in jail isn't the worst thing as it does seem to be clearing people. But then again we don't get closer to winning the game by throwing me in jail when we could just, you know, throw someone who is a cowboy in jail.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #1913
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
In fact we KNOW talking doesn't clear you since ntn talked to cronin and cronin was a bad guy, unknown by ntn. And that was someone who has some kind of seeresque ability. You're telling me by talking to somebody without any seer abilities you're clear?

I'm not saying you're a bad guy, but I'm certainly not saying you couldn't be.

i'm not saying talking has anything to do with it. If I was a cowboy at anxieties house to kill him and there was no kill that night I would say string me up but since thomkal WAS killed that should be more then enough, I just don't see your argument.
Old 10-14-2006, 03:35 PM   #1914
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So you didn't kill thomkal. Why couldn't you still be a cowboy? I agree it's likely you're not, but think your logic for jailing me is weak sauce.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #1915
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, it has been really, really dead today.

Racer, since you are viewing right now - you are one of the people who I have not come close to putting on a role. Can anyone vouch for you in this game at all, except for you suggesting that you shared a PM with LoneStarGirl? Which, I would suggest, is fairly convenient - you initiate a conversation asking for a word, then verify that it is the right word. If this was a bi-directional clearing between you and LSG (she questioned you as you questioned her) I would put more stock in this.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #1916
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Wow, it has been really, really dead today.

Racer, since you are viewing right now - you are one of the people who I have not come close to putting on a role. Can anyone vouch for you in this game at all, except for you suggesting that you shared a PM with LoneStarGirl? Which, I would suggest, is fairly convenient - you initiate a conversation asking for a word, then verify that it is the right word. If this was a bi-directional clearing between you and LSG (she questioned you as you questioned her) I would put more stock in this.

No one can vouch for me although I invite anyone who has a night role that allows you to visit someone to visit me.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:54 PM   #1917
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Okay, so I've skimmed over almost everyone's posts individually. Path12 and Fouts haven't really posted anything substantial, but that doesn't neccessarily make them Cowboys. After reading all of St. Cronin's posts at once and then doing the same with all of Glengoyne's posts, I get the sense they may be Cowboys. I am not sure what to think of Hoopsguy based on him saying someone was converted last night without providing evidence. Obviously, I was wrong about Splene. I got a villager vibe from Grammaticus and I think SnDvls is probably a villager as well but I wouldn't say I trust him at this point. So ntndeacon, my opinion I think you should jail the following people tonight:

Jail St. Cronin
Jail Glengoyne

That is my two cents and take it for what it's worth given that I was probably wrong about Splene.

I posted this on the 11th Hoopsguy, but I doubt calling for St. Cronin's jailing several days ago really clears me of anything. Anyways, here are my votes on who to jail tonight

Jail Glengoyne
Jail Path12
Old 10-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #1918
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
ok, so I was going back and reading some of St. Cronins old posts and I came across this. About 5 posts earlier St.Cronin voted to elect barkeep then he posts this.

Myself, ntn, and anxiety have already been linked at this point but why is barkeep in this list? I think the cowboys were making an attempt to gat one of their own in office, it would also explain the early push by barkeep for the role reveals.

I say jail barkeep or one of the quieter people like racer.

I didn't post yesterday or today hardly at all because I was at a Cross Country meet and didn't have internet access at the hotel.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #1919
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I work in the morning (until 2pm EST) so I won't see the results til then by my orders have been sent in.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #1920
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

To the new person I jailed: What have you been doing each night?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #1921
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chubby, I see there are alot of people here currently, can you say who you jailed?
Old 10-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #1922
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

(I meant I work til 5pm EST tomorrow, doh)
Old 10-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #1923
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum - It's a surprise, I don't want that person tipped off that we're coming for him.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:04 PM   #1924
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

fair enough, your question confused me. I am assuming it is meant to be answered after night actions are posted...
Old 10-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #1925
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Lathum - It's a surprise, I don't want that person tipped off that we're coming for him.

good I'm glad you heeded my advice. we are/were tipping our hats too much for the cowboys.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:51 AM   #1926
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, It's to be answered once night results are posted.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:19 AM   #1927
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to random.org being down for some silly reason, today's randomness is provided courtesy of randomnumbers.info
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #1928
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The townspeople watch once again a new sheriff is elected and sworn in as deputy and then most all head to the nearby saloon for drinks and dinner. People enjoy light conversation, cardplaying, stories and the like before at some point most turn in for the evening.

After a good night sleep, most are awoken to the news that there has been yet another death in the evening. This time the word is that Sndvls has been found dead inside of his home.

Tired players:
Barkeep
Ntndeacon

Current Sheriff:
Chubby

Currently in Jail:
Lonestargirl
Barkeep

Deadline for Day6: 9:00pm EST Monday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (8 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Barkeep and Lonestargirl. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (8 votes)

Edit: Edited the tired player list, adding ones I missed

Last edited by Alan T : 10-15-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #1929
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm the big surprise? People keep pointing fingers at me, and I'm the big "unknown"? Jeez. I got so excited that I wasn't going to be in jail when Chubby said that.

Anyhow, it's clear I haven't killed anybody. I don't have a gun therefore I couldn't have killed GE or Thermkal. And I'm not st.cronin so I couldn't have killed Fouts.

As for what I have been doing at night, after the first night I decided to switch to "off nights" and then when I saw people weren't suspicious of those who were tired, plus since I thought I was a likely jail suspect, I did back to back actions. I have used my bartender role to look at the following three people:
Night 1 - Fouts (no vice)
Night 4 - Chubby (no vice)
Night 5 - Glengoyne (has a vice, but I won't, for the time being, say what it is as it could help the Cowboys).

So that's what I've been up to.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 AM   #1930
Swaggs
Coordinator

BK, can you clear Glengoyne, then?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #1931
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
BK, can you clear Glengoyne, then?
No, I have no real clearing ability. It's why, after Fout's scan, I wasn't so hot to use my power. I'm not really sure if knowing what someone's vice is does much. But I recently changed my mind and decided the more information collected the better.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #1932
hoopsguy
General Manager

If the vice isn't money, I don't know how publishing it would help the Cowboys. Not suggesting that you say anything one way or the other here, but my vice (drinking) seems to be unrelated to Cowboy activity. Bullet has already demonstrated what the effects of the vice are in-game.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #1933
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well if Glengoyne doesn't mind me publishing his vice I would be happy to do so as a way to prove my innocence.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #1934
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - if anything, I would suggest you just say it isn't money even if it is money. Hopefully Glen would understand - if his vice is money - that you are trying to help him out rather than think you are gunning for him in this case.

Why Glengoyne, by the way?
Old 10-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #1935
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Because I have no sense for him. I'm hoping that if I ever scan a cowboy their vice will come up different. For instance, does anyone have a vice for power? Perhaps the Cowboys have that one (as it makes loose sense). I also get to see what people, if any, people interact with at the bar. So, for instance, I can confirm that Chubby followed Fouts out of the saloon (not that this was in doubt). Neither Fouts nor Glengoyne interacted with any people in the saloon.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #1936
hoopsguy
General Manager

I learned that Bullet is good at cards last night - happy that I did better in real life cards Friday night than I did in Tombstone last evening.

If anyone followed me last night I'm unaware of it. But I would be happy if they could vouch for me (at the very least not being involved in a killing) - I'll be able to cross-vouch for them if they tell me where I went last night.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #1937
spleen1015
Coordinator

SnDvls was the miner. He was shot once in the head and once in the body.

While I am here...

LYNCH Barkeep
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #1938
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hmmm. I think you should free me, lynch barkeep and jail somebody else.
Somebody quiet. Like Path, or Glen, or Spleen.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #1939
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i heard 2 shots last night but saw nothing. this after cleaning Hoops of all his hard earned money.

Hoops what should i buy with your money?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:51 AM   #1940
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola - if anything, I would suggest you just say it isn't money even if it is money. Hopefully Glen would understand - if his vice is money - that you are trying to help him out rather than think you are gunning for him in this case.

Why Glengoyne, by the way?

I do have a vice, and BK can reveal it. I'm not too afraid of my vice in this particular case, but there is a reason.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #1941
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Unfortunately I've got to head off to church, so I won't be able to confirm BK's information until later.

I'll check back before I go.

It is also unfortunate that BK jailed, when I think his voting record doesn't suggest him as Cowboy. However, since my assessment is based entirely on his voting record, and that evidence is specious at best. I guess my inclination to trust him could absolutely be wrong, so I can't declare that this jailing was a bad idea.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #1942
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Hmmm. I think you should free me, lynch barkeep and jail somebody else.
Somebody quiet. Like Path, or Glen, or Spleen.

I've had enough of that.

Lynch LSG

If that's all you're bringing to the table it's not worth keeping you around.

I heard two gunshots last night but that makes sense since SnDvls and I both live in the NE.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #1943
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Well if Glengoyne doesn't mind me publishing his vice I would be happy to do so as a way to prove my innocence.

Quote:

First off, I don't doubt that Barkeep has the ability to discover a vice. I don't see how that automatically makes him good.

What I do think is that any public revelation of a vice helps the cowboys. I think it's a bad idea, you guys.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:11 AM   #1944
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well if I just couldn't help but look at women, as Glengoyne does, I wouldn't be shy about it either .
Old 10-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #1945
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
First off, I don't doubt that Barkeep has the ability to discover a vice. I don't see how that automatically makes him good.

What I do think is that any public revelation of a vice helps the cowboys. I think it's a bad idea, you guys.
Well that's why I'd held off until recently on revealing it. If people agree it's a bad idea going forward I can keep any future results to myself.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #1946
hoopsguy
General Manager

I still am of the opinion that we should be lynching, rather than keeping people around in jail. What is the plan for today? Neither BK nor LSG had a weapon, so they did not commit the night kills.

Here are our options if we do not lynch - I personally think they are pretty unattractive:
1.) We can keep them both in jail for another day - this is not going to slow down the killing as there is AT LEAST one Cowboy out there with a gun doing the killings.
2.) We can release one of them - which one is better than the other? Why?
3.) We can release both of them - that means we have no one to lynch the next day
Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #1947
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I would like you to use the money to bribe Alan T into allowing you to have another showdown.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #1948
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I looked in on Racer last night. I do know that he has not succumbed to his vice. (The only one who has was Surprise Surprise Bullett, But we all knew that anyway.)
So Cronin, and Racer did not sucumb. Of course this does not clear Racer, but if there is a converted Cowboy it isn't him.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #1949
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Ntndeacon visited me last night. I believe I now know his role and his night action. I revealed some information about myself to him last night. However, unless he picked up on additional information about me, I have no idea how he can conclude whether I am a cowboy or a villager (or past people for that matter). Given the information I gave to him and the questions people have about my allegiance, I think it is incredibly unlikely he is a Cowboy. If he were a Cowboy, I'm pretty sure he would be visiting people who were thought to be defintely villagers.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #1950
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well we have the bartender and the singer in jail so the bar is probably a pretty boring place right about now

BK seems to have a more helpfull role up to this point. IMO if chubby confirms that BK did not have a gun on his person I am willing to give him some slack. I just don't understand lsg's game, if we lynch her and she comes up good we can at least look at the people she was mentioning, especially path who was pretty quick to reply. I'm going to hold tight but if chubby confirms no knife I am probably gonna vote to lynch lsg.