Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #1901
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Remember, just getting someone's health down to zero does not kill them.

SPIDER-MAN

No, it doesn't.

But again, we don't know how much damage was done, nor how much health he had. If Doom was used as a diversion for Hawkeye, we don't know at what point that decision was made, and certainly there was no way to know then whether Deadpool/Wolverine would be an anomaly in the day's attacks, or if there would have been further attention paid. I believe a third person ended up attacking Doctor Doom, if I'm not mistaken. Four or five of us attacked Mystique - and if Hawkeye is one of the Twelve, the Horsemen really wouldn't have minded one way or the other whether Mystique or Hawkeye was the one to go.

Basically, Doom was either a distraction to allow the Horsemen to try to knock off two members of the Twelve, or he's a third member of the Twelve and the Horsemen were really trying to sow confusion. For the former, it doesn't matter whether he was in imminent danger of death - only that his example was capable of distracting from the attack on Hawkeye.

Or I'm wrong, Wolverine is right, and Doom is a baddie.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #1902
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
(ooc)Bad news, just heard from a PM that hoops will allow me to build an Aura Flare Arrow that will visably display to us all what side a person is on, but that I cannot use it on myself. It will also deal a damage to the target (it IS an arrow afterall). So I can do it, just not on myself.

-Anxiety

I would recommend using it on someone like the Hulk, Wolverine, or Juggernaut. Someone that is easily capable of absorbing a blow. I would also suggest that the rest of us agree not to attack the person chosen, until the arrow's results are known.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #1903
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

(ooc) guys, cut me a break on the sinister debacle. it would be a moronic play for a bad guy to make. and i honestly was working 12-10 tonight and i wanted to get the info to you all as soon as possible. my pm arrived at like 2:26...i had to be back on the floor at 2:32. that's 6 minutes to type and transmit it...on my tinyass lil phone. and i corrected it on my half-hour break like 2 hours later okay? (/ooc)

I am very wary of those who are trying to push you all towards voting for me, although I think it would be a poor play by evil to be one of those people, but I can't rule it out, with Swaggs and GoldenEagle both mentioning it.

As for why I switched teams...Blade and i were the only two members of our team active. And I have already said that I am looking to hopefully bring Blade into the Atlantic Alliance soon (pending discussion with captain america and captain britain of course). And I know I can trust captain america (and by extension captain britain i suppose, although i do not vouch for him). Nice to have someone I can trust watching my back.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:49 PM   #1904
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Again though, not for 2 days...which im not sure you will get

(ooc) Correct, barring some energy bestowing power someone else might have. In the comics, you might see someone like Monica use her power to amp up other people. Who knows if they have a similar power here.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #1905
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I believe a third person ended up attacking Doctor Doom, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes. This person also attack Mystique as well.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #1906
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
(ooc) guys, cut me a break on the sinister debacle. it would be a moronic play for a bad guy to make. and i honestly was working 12-10 tonight and i wanted to get the info to you all as soon as possible. my pm arrived at like 2:26...i had to be back on the floor at 2:32. that's 6 minutes to type and transmit it...on my tinyass lil phone. and i corrected it on my half-hour break like 2 hours later okay? (/ooc)

I am very wary of those who are trying to push you all towards voting for me, although I think it would be a poor play by evil to be one of those people, but I can't rule it out, with Swaggs and GoldenEagle both mentioning it.

As for why I switched teams...Blade and i were the only two members of our team active. And I have already said that I am looking to hopefully bring Blade into the Atlantic Alliance soon (pending discussion with captain america and captain britain of course). And I know I can trust captain america (and by extension captain britain i suppose, although i do not vouch for him). Nice to have someone I can trust watching my back.

I am afraid you are going to become a victim of numbers. Like I said, we can rule out/in some people that you have aligned yourself with. Why would Sinister vouch for you and then come and the middle of the night with his needle. I really do not know that is going on here and I am not sure of anyone who does. The bottom line is that the 12 are dropping like flies and we have nothing. If Sinister was one of our seers, then we are even further behind.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #1907
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes. This person also attack Mystique as well.

SPIDER-MAN

ME!!!!!!!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #1908
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am afraid you are going to become a victim of numbers. Like I said, we can rule out/in some people that you have aligned yourself with. Why would Sinister vouch for you and then come and the middle of the night with his needle. I really do not know that is going on here and I am not sure of anyone who does. The bottom line is that the 12 are dropping like flies and we have nothing. If Sinister was one of our seers, then we are even further behind.
Interesting. I'm not sure I prescribe to this theory. I think I'd much rather take a shot at Hawkeye.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #1909
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think you guys will learn as much as you think you will in killing people like me and Xavier. What did you learn from Mystique and Iron Man? Nothing really. When you kill me and it's revealed that I am nothing more than I have said that I am, what will it say about AlanT other than that he's wrong? Nothing really. In the meantime, you kill valuable allies for questionably useful evidence that you'll received sooner or later from things like my Arrow and Night Kills and seer revelations and such. Instead of looking for heroes and villains that are hiding, and you know several of apoc's horsemen are doing so, you go after the public ones. Look deeper. I know I will not be targeting Xavier today, even if he leads you all in a charge against me.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #1910
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Interesting. I'm not sure I prescribe to this theory. I think I'd much rather take a shot at Hawkeye.

with a cockamamie theory like that, i wouldn't mind taking a shot at GE.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #1911
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

The fact that Sinister vouched for the Professor and Sinister was good leads me to put the Professor in the level below fully trusted. Unfortunately, I can't figure out why Sinister would be back in the Professor's room. That's what's keeping me from fully trusting the Professor right now, but I do think attacking him at this time would be a horrible mistake.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #1912
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and I still think you can find good info from teh origianl team rosters. Apoc's horsemen were likely spread out among them, so eliminate slowly people on a team through methods such as visions, mind scrying, and whatnot, and you'll figure out who one of them is.

-Hawkeye

Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #1913
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Hawkeye,

When is the earliest that you can use the Aura Flare arrow?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #1914
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I don't think you guys will learn as much as you think you will in killing people like me and Xavier. What did you learn from Mystique and Iron Man? Nothing really. When you kill me and it's revealed that I am nothing more than I have said that I am, what will it say about AlanT other than that he's wrong? Nothing really. In the meantime, you kill valuable allies for questionably useful evidence that you'll received sooner or later from things like my Arrow and Night Kills and seer revelations and such. Instead of looking for heroes and villains that are hiding, and you know several of apoc's horsemen are doing so, you go after the public ones. Look deeper. I know I will not be targeting Xavier today, even if he leads you all in a charge against me.

-Hawkeye

thank you hawkeye. that says a lot about you. given you could be evil and trying to work yourself into trust, but i have no proof of that, or indeed even much thought that that is the case.

i don't plan on targeting you, fwiw.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM   #1915
Poli
FOFC Survivor

GE is Jugger, right?

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #1916
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that Sinister vouched for the Professor and Sinister was good leads me to put the Professor in the level below fully trusted. Unfortunately, I can't figure out why Sinister would be back in the Professor's room. That's what's keeping me from fully trusting the Professor right now, but I do think attacking him at this time would be a horrible mistake.

SPIDER-MAN

i wish i knew why he vouched for me...then came back into my room and wrapped tentacles around me and held a needle to the head of my illusion. he was saying something about us working together too, like i've said, so maybe he came back to like...form a team (and give us PM abilities) but that doesn't explain the needle.

maybe he just had a good feeling about me from my posts and decided to scan me to be sure?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #1917
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hawkeye,

When is the earliest that you can use the Aura Flare arrow?

SPIDER-MAN

(ooc) I am one energy away from doing it. I'd gain energy tongith, then would craft the arrow the following night, then could use it tthe following day. Day 3 ends Monday. Gain Energy Monday night, craft Tuesday night, use on Wednesday Day.

-Anxiety

Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #1918
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN

That is the million dollar question. I think someone got some wires crossed somewhere. The bottom line is there are no other characters right now that I feel justifiable in going after. I also have something up my sleeve for Professor X, so I only need a few to join in on me in the attack if it is decided to go in that direction.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #1919
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i wish i knew why he vouched for me...then came back into my room and wrapped tentacles around me and held a needle to the head of my illusion. he was saying something about us working together too, like i've said, so maybe he came back to like...form a team (and give us PM abilities) but that doesn't explain the needle.

maybe he just had a good feeling about me from my posts and decided to scan me to be sure?

(Juggernaut)

This fairy tell keeps growing and growing.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #1920
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

SPIDER-MAN

(Storm)

That is why I believe that Sinister or Xavier were, perhaps, reaching out to one another. Not sure that anyone else has made that deduction or not, but it seems as likely as anything else.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #1921
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Talgain went out on night one and scanned someone, i assumed it was you. On day 2, before all the drama, he said he analyzed your blood and it was clear you were not mutated into evil. Talgain was the reason i trusted you DT, which is why i dont understand why he went back to you on night 2.

I fully understand the needle, just not why he was there on night 2
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #1922
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
GE is Jugger, right?

DD

(ooc) Correct. Sorry for not specifying better.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #1923
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure your fellow minions would join you in that GE.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #1924
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Talgain went out on night one and scanned someone, i assumed it was you. On day 2, before all the drama, he said he analyzed your blood and it was clear you were not mutated into evil. Talgain was the reason i trusted you DT, which is why i dont understand why he went back to you on night 2.

How do you know this information?
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #1925
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm not comfortable at all going after X. Like he said, it would be a bonehead move as a bad guy. I just don't buy that happening.

You won't find me helping you, Jugger, even as an ally.

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #1926
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

i don't understand it either!! like i said, maybe he saw something in one of my posts or something and trusted me for another reason and was coming to scan to make sure? that's about all i can think of ???
Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #1927
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I'm sure your fellow minions would join you in that GE.
Minions? Me?

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #1928
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How do you know this information?

Well most of it was public knowledge(him saying he analyzed DTs blood long before the night 2 mes), and his movements i learned about through my own means.
Demotivation
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #1929
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no DD. I meant minions as in "minions of Apc." as in "maybe GE is evil if he's pushing you all so hard to attack me."

it was an off-the-cuff response, not a serious thought that he's evil. because as polarized as i have made people, evil has to know they can't take me out during the day, it would draw too much attention to them when i come up good.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #1930
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
That is the million dollar question. I think someone got some wires crossed somewhere. The bottom line is there are no other characters right now that I feel justifiable in going after. I also have something up my sleeve for Professor X, so I only need a few to join in on me in the attack if it is decided to go in that direction.

I believe an attack on the Professor would be worthless. I don't believe him to be either a Horseman or Apocalypse.

But I would still ask anybody who is considering him to wait one more day. He has vouched for me, and perhaps within that timeframe I may be able to do the same for him.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #1931
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Captain...don't waste your vouching on me. I don't think there's a serous enough movement to kill me during the day. If I'm to die I have a feeling it will be at night. You need to take whatever ability you have to vouch for someone (if it works like that) and use it to vouch for someone else.

I can fend for myself, and like I said, I don't see myself being day-killed.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #1932
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But I would still ask anybody who is considering him to wait one more day. He has vouched for me, and perhaps within that timeframe I may be able to do the same for him.

Actually, I would rather you looked elsewhere. You don't have to take my advice, but since the Professor has already been vouched for by a known good guy, it seems kind of pointless to scan (or whatever) him again.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #1933
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I believe an attack on the Professor would be worthless. I don't believe him to be either a Horseman or Apocalypse.

(Juggernaut)

I am not ready to push any buttons yet, but I am very suspicious and none of this makes a bit of sense.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #1934
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Captain...don't waste your vouching on me. I don't think there's a serous enough movement to kill me during the day. If I'm to die I have a feeling it will be at night. You need to take whatever ability you have to vouch for someone (if it works like that) and use it to vouch for someone else.

I can fend for myself, and like I said, I don't see myself being day-killed.

(Captain America)

I am limited in what I can do outside the realm of the purely physical, Professor. I don't have your talents.

However, what I can do will be to the team's benefit, I believe. Please let me do what I can in the name of the cause.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #1935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well i certainly can't stop you captain america. could you enlighten me further? it might help me to make a better energy-allocation choice if i knew
Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #1936
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if not i understand...i'm just at a rough place with regards to my energy-levels.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #1937
SackAttack
Head Coach

Professor, I can't say any more than that right now. It wouldn't hamper my efforts today, but it certainly could later.

Let me just say this - what I can do will not affect anybody's energy allocation, either for Day 3 or for Night 3.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #1938
Poli
FOFC Survivor

ooc: I'm off to bed. Who knows what tomorrow holds for me.

I hope to have an attack in, though.

DD
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #1939
Swaggs
Coordinator

(OOC)

I am also out for the night. Some good discussion tonight, but nothing is opening up for me just yet. Hopefully, there will be some good leads tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #1940
Swaggs
Coordinator

As a discussion point for tonight/tomorrow, what should we be looking for as signs of sabotage if we have a horsemen on our team? I had pretty much only considered lessened damage or misdirection, but it seems like some of the other have alluded that we should be looking for particulars. I don't really know what to look for...
Old 01-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #1941
SackAttack
Head Coach

{OOC}

I'm heading to bed myself. I work 10-5:30 tomorrow, but I'll be home in time to cast an attack, and I'll also be on for probably 2 hours before I leave for work as well.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #1942
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
(OOC)

Am I correct in assuming that Apocalypse and the Horsemen need to totally eliminate the twelve and not just outnumber/overwhelm us?

Yes. That is the only route to victory for the forces of evil. There is no 1:1 ratio win, although obviously it gets increasingly difficult for the heroes to pull out a win if they are outnumbered.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #1943
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am concerned about anyone who is actively pushing to really try and attack someone who likely is our best seer type either in the game or at least remaining. People who are looking to attack the professor evidentally do not want us to know who the 12 are.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #1944
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I believe I have an alternate lined up for Chief, but will allow him to post in the thread to announce his arrival.

(Gambit)

"Remy Lebeau is here. I plan to stay awhile."
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #1945
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Welcome Qwikshot!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 AM   #1946
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, lets try this a different way.

So people see my point of view on professorX... Here is my thinking.

Either: ProfessorX is good or he is bad.

If Good: ProfessorX continues to clear 1 person a day while alive.
If Bad: ProfessorX gives us bogus information that we can not take at face value and have to toss it out.

Pros & Cons of killing early:

Pro if Bad: Get a bad guy
Pro if Good: None

Con if Bad: None
Con if good: You just lost perhaps the seer at your own hands.

Pros & Cons of killing later:

Pro if Bad: You still get to kill a bad guy
Pro if Good: Even though you have killed a seer, you at least have a few more names you can trust.

Con if Bad: You waited a few days to kill a bad guy
Con if Good: None

-----------------------------------

So I understand at some point the validity of the data is only as strong as the person the data is based upon. At some point having a way to validate the Professor's claims is pretty important. However which is better for us? To kill him now and only validate one other name (Cpt. America), or validate him later and possibly be able to have a clear circle of trust of a few people, and in addition have an idea of who the bad guys will target?

Worst case for us, he is a bad guy and deceiving us and we just take a little longer to kill him is all.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #1947
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We need more east coast WW players who get to work before 9am
Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #1948
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

(Wolverine)

I need to rest up today and will most likely participate in discussion only unless something truly interesting comes up.

I wasted more energy than I had intended on that mostly spontaneous attack on Doom. I used extra on that attack in the hopes that a bunch more would follow, but whatever.

I have some interesting night moves I want to try but need to rest up a bit before I can attempt them.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #1949
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
(Gambit)

"Remy Lebeau is here. I plan to stay awhile."

[ooc]
Hey Qwik! Good to see you again. Lot's to catch up on.
[/ooc]

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #1950
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
MOON KNIGHT LEAVE TEAM SILVER MOON

Neither of my two remaining team members have checked in in i believe over 3 days. Neither voted yesterday, so the team is basically defunct. As such, i no longer deem it important to remain

[ooc]Still catching up. Once the games came on yesterday I watched them and they ran right into the Apprentice. Just got back from working out.[/oo]

*Deadpool*

So let me get this straight...the team that's called Silver Moon doesn't have the Silver Surfer or Moon Knight? Isn't that like every member of the Fantastic Four leaving and two dudes going by that team name?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote