Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #1901
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

work food distribution
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #1902
Danny
Head Coach

So, do we wait to vote until day 7 or we just vote over the next two days and can start now?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #1903
Danny
Head Coach

I do find it interesting also that USFL remains in jail. Maybe they're waiting for the seer to be gone before releasing him?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #1904
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You do have a vote scheduled for today for failing to meet yesterday's tasks. I am talking about the failure to make Cabin Creek tomorrow, Day Six, will be two votes on Day Seven, just so everyone knows the stakes.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #1905
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, sorry, forgot it in my write up. USFLTecmo is released from jail. Yay. The warrant was false.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #1906
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

We should coordinate the specialties so that we can maximize how we use everyone. Most importantly so we can have a backup plan if anything strange like another arrest happens.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #1907
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
We should coordinate the specialties so that we can maximize how we use everyone. Most importantly so we can have a backup plan if anything strange like another arrest happens.

I think the wolves can only arrest every other day.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:22 AM   #1908
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So, do we wait to vote until day 7 or we just vote over the next two days and can start now?

I think we oust tomorrow for today. If we lose the next two days combined then we oust two the next day.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #1909
Danny
Head Coach

Oh ok, so USFL was released and we are voting someone off.

I'm going to get things started

Vote NTNDeacon

I know Dubb is a top suspect, and this is the way NTN normally plays, but it could be a convenient way for a wolf to hide. This vote definitely is not stuck here, but will hopefully at least encourage some more participation on his part.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #1910
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the wolves can only arrest every other day.

We should still make sure we get the most out of our workers. We can probably finish off food distribution and gladhandling today and try to get as much as possible on the other tasks.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #1911
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
We should still make sure we get the most out of our workers. We can probably finish off food distribution and gladhandling today and try to get as much as possible on the other tasks.

Definitely. I already voted, but the other player who I think should garner some votes is USFL, he has been awfully quiet too.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #1912
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am going to put in a place holder vote for now to see how the conversation goes.

Also, remember that we are assuming the "wolves" can't do something during the night because they arrested USFL. We don't know for certain if there was a bribe, or maybe even a block.

Hopefully we got another good scan from Norm.

For bribe suspects I would have to say that Lathum and myself are probably tops on the list. Lathum could also be the cunning for all we know (just a word of caution). Not saying that I suspect him for any reason at all, just that a good scan doesn't mean 100% clear until we eliminate the cunning. Even after that there is the chance of a bribe but we would then know that the person cleared by a scan was at least good up until that point to have a base line to judge their actions from.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #1913
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
No kill again, just like last time they arrested someone. Like I thought, they can't make a kill when they arrest. I didn't want to say this in case I was wrong, but I have a good feeling Poli picked up on this as well and this could mean another two scans.
I picked up what just about everyone was putting down.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #1914
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can't vote for ntn. I just don't buy that the demon deacon is our potential last bad guy.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #1915
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, started that last post wanting to vote and then side tracked myself.

vote PurdueBrad

I am still not sold on his flop from mission to camp on day two. Since we found one sympathiser was on the mission that day this would fit nicely into the theory that the sympathisers did not want to have two on the mission once they decided on arresting me.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 AM   #1916
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I am going to put in a place holder vote for now to see how the conversation goes.

Also, remember that we are assuming the "wolves" can't do something during the night because they arrested USFL. We don't know for certain if there was a bribe, or maybe even a block.

Hopefully we got another good scan from Norm.

For bribe suspects I would have to say that Lathum and myself are probably tops on the list. Lathum could also be the cunning for all we know (just a word of caution). Not saying that I suspect him for any reason at all, just that a good scan doesn't mean 100% clear until we eliminate the cunning. Even after that there is the chance of a bribe but we would then know that the person cleared by a scan was at least good up until that point to have a base line to judge their actions from.

I think the first arrest was too early for a bribe and there was also no night kill which is why I didn't suspect one tonight either. I definitely don't think the wolves have already bribed two players which would have to be the case if the wolves were able to kill on a night they arrested.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #1917
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We now know for certain that is wasn't a block.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #1918
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I can't vote for ntn. I just don't buy that the demon deacon is our potential last bad guy.

We've only found two, I would think we would have more than 3. He isn't at the top of my lists of suspects, but a player should not be able to get through a week of play with only 10 posts.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #1919
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That it...not is.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #1920
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
We've only found two, I would think we would have more than 3. He isn't at the top of my lists of suspects, but a player should not be able to get through a week of play with only 10 posts.
Understood, but ntn has done that for both the "north and the south" in the past.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #1921
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the first arrest was too early for a bribe and there was also no night kill which is why I didn't suspect one tonight either. I definitely don't think the wolves have already bribed two players which would have to be the case if the wolves were able to kill on a night they arrested.

Why would that be too early for a bribe? With an unknown number of conversions possible by bribes that would tell me that the wolves started with a small number. I would think that they would want to increase their numbers as early as possible.

Not saying there was a bribe, just that I don't think we can immediately discard that possibility.

I actually find it a little odd that you seem very quick to discard that theory. That plus your "I voted for Jackal early so therefore I must be clean" theory is making me wonder. I saw you use this type of play as the "Puppet Master" of the wolves.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #1922
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
We now know for certain that is wasn't a block.

Rats, was hoping there was and that you were wearing better glasses this time.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #1923
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Time to get some sleep before I doze off holding the laptop.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #1924
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Why would that be too early for a bribe? With an unknown number of conversions possible by bribes that would tell me that the wolves started with a small number. I would think that they would want to increase their numbers as early as possible.

Not saying there was a bribe, just that I don't think we can immediately discard that possibility.

I actually find it a little odd that you seem very quick to discard that theory. That plus your "I voted for Jackal early so therefore I must be clean" theory is making me wonder. I saw you use this type of play as the "Puppet Master" of the wolves.

lol, I wish I was a worse wolf now

Regarding the bribes, we have no actual information to work with, but I am using logic to determine how I think Abe would lay things out. I'll explain my thinking here.

Night 2 and 4 there were arrests. Night 2 and 4 there were no kills and no blocks.

This means that either both nights there was no kill because of the arrest or both nights there was a bribe.

Because we all have different bribe amounts, my thinking is that the wolves accumulate money for bribing each day. This way, they have the choice to play it conservatively by building up money to make a bribe resist unlikely or go for multiple bribes with the risk of being caught. If it works any other way, I don't really see how there is any downside for the wolves and that would unbalance things.

I don't see the wolves making a play to bribe day two with a small amount of money. I also see no way the wolves had enough money to bribe and feel comfortable bribing two people in four days.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #1925
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and it's certainly possible I am wrong, but at this point in the game, I don't think we should play using unlikely logic. As things develop, we can certainly rethink things.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #1926
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Putting in for Patrolling, as usual:

VOTE PATROLLING

Between USFL and I, we can get 6 of the 10 needed for Patrolling.

Interested in hearing TheNorm's scan results.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 AM   #1927
Danny
Head Coach

After going into what I thought the arrests meant regarding night kills I remembered something Abe said earlier. He said people arrested may not come back from the game. And when a player came back, he said the warrant did not stick. Knowing Abe's pension for dice rolling, I actually think it's quite likely when the wolves arrest someone a dice is rolled to decide whether their warrant sticks or not. If it does, that player is out of the game. The arrest also takes the place of a night kill as I surmised earlier. For that matter, it looks like it may be possible the wolves can only switch off night killing and arresting every other day.

I think the arrest of EF and the following attempted night kill on him follows this logic where the wolves clearly wanted him out of the game.

Again, this would be wrong, but this makes me feel a lot better about USFL. I also want to look at who the wolves could have arrested and didn't among the x3 workers. I think this could tell us a lot as the arrest could be similar to picking a night kill.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #1928
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Again, this could be wrong, but this makes me feel a lot better about USFL. I also want to look at who the wolves could have arrested and didn't among the x3 workers. I think this could tell us a lot as the arrest could be similar to picking a night kill.

Fixed
Old 05-04-2009, 02:09 AM   #1929
Danny
Head Coach

Taken from #1749 by EF

Some interesting thins to note. There were not enough work points even with USFL's arrest. THis tells me the wolves may not have had a choice and must alternate between night kill and arrest. Also to note, the other x3 player involved was Chief Rum.

Work:
Hunting - Danny (1534), Barkeep49 (1536), jeheinz72 (1593), ntndeacon (1599), The Jackal (1626), TheNorm (1651), EagleFan (1706), dubb93 (1724), PurdueBrad (1729) (9/10)
Patrol - Chief Rum x3 (1528), Lathum (1709) (4/10)
Mission - claphamsa (1588), DaddyTorgo (1608), Poli (1620) (3/?) - locked (1632)
Jail - USFLTecmo (1642)

No work orders: Glengoyne, RendeR
Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 AM   #1930
Danny
Head Coach

Day two, the other arrest.

patrol - CR (x3), USFL (x3) (6/6)
food distribution - Lathum (x3), BK, PB, heinz, dubb, Autumn, TheNorm, Danny (x3), Pass (13/15)
organization - clap, ntn (x3), Schmidty (3), DT (8/8)

Lathum, Danny, USFL, Chief Rum, NTN, Schmidty are all x3 from here. The wolves passed them all up for a chance at EF. Since then, Lathum has been cleared (pending Cunning), I know I am good and USFL was arrested later. I can easily see why the wolves would go for EF or CR over Schmidty and NTN. What sticks out to me is that the wolves have had two opportunities to arrest chief rum at x3 and have not done so.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #1931
Danny
Head Coach

BTW, I know most of the premises I am working from are not known facts, but I think the logic is strong and holds very well to all actions we have seen thus far.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #1932
Danny
Head Coach

Pending the scan result, I may be swinging my vote to CR.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 AM   #1933
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote NTN
Vote Chief Rum

Will consider changing this (especially depending on scan result), but wanted this vote here since I'll likely be sleeping in.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 AM   #1934
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote NTN
Vote Chief Rum

Will consider changing this (especially depending on scan result), but wanted this vote here since I'll likely be sleeping in.

Danny, you have been knocking on this door all game now, but you're wrong. If you lynch me, I will come up a relatively useless villager, and you will have wasted another day.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #1935
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Danny, you have been knocking on this door all game now, but you're wrong. If you lynch me, I will come up a relatively useless villager, and you will have wasted another day.

This vote is not set in stone and I personally am hoping you were scanned, so we'll see. I would like to hear your thoughts about the logic I laid out regarding arrests and all that. It certainly made perfect since in my mind, but I want to hear if others minds follow along with that logic.

Oh, and I've only been knocking on that door after someone at Jackal's house answered his door
Old 05-04-2009, 03:51 AM   #1936
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Your logic there is better than nothing, I suppose, but I think it makes too many assumptions. I, of course, have the advantage of knowing it's leading you to the wrong conclusion. I hope I am scanned, too.

As it is, I don't think the wolves are much worried about me. It's obvious that my schedule has impacted my availability in the game (witness the Jackal thing I missed), and they already know who the BG, Duke and Seer are.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #1937
Danny
Head Coach

And even if the logic is true that doesn't make you a wolf for certain as they may be other reasons they picked USFL over you.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #1938
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Easy call,

work on oratory
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #1939
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

work gladhandling

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #1940
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Our two weakest spots, amount of labor-wise, are oratory and patrolling so we'll need to make sure we have extra coverage on each of those. Those would seem to be the most vulnerable targets for the wolves to hit and, if this camp represents what I think it does, these are key places to cover up.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #1941
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Abe, will we get a status report on our work done at the end of today?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #1942
Barkeep49
Coordinator

While I was initally skeptical, I think the vote analysis against dubb looks solid.

Vote dubb
Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 AM   #1943
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Danny: I'm not a big fan of the way you're pushing what the wolves can or can't do. With bribery being such an obvious point in the game, I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #1944
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Danny: I'm not a big fan of the way you're pushing what the wolves can or can't do. With bribery being such an obvious point in the game, I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

That's true. I do admit I was feeling adventurous with the theories I laid out.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #1945
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Abe, will we get a status report on our work done at the end of today?

Yes

Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #1946
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WORK ON ORATORY
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #1947
TheNorm
Mascot

Fellas, Chief Rum was my scan last night and he's labor (Wings and Ducks working together, who'd have thunk it? ).

Sorry I couldn't catch a baddie this time.

Let me know where my work is needed for today.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #1948
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Chief Rum
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #1949
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Know that CR is good, I'll

vote dubb
Old 05-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #1950
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Know=Now

Sorry, trying to type this as I walk down a hallway.