Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #151
Peregrine
Pro Starter

dola - also, in terms of additional options, you may want to consider if you're not enabling the ability queue - I got used to it in EQ2 and I love it - it lets you queue up one ability while you're casting the next. Also, the option to target through your target and to show your target's target are key for grouping.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #152
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm tending to like my Warrior (Tank) a little more than my Rogue (Assassin). I'm somewhat of a part time player and got Raider up to level 12 on Briarcliff today.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #153
Thomkal
Head Coach

I got my Rogue Marksman to level 14 on Keenblade today. Beginning to see some parts of Freemarch I didn't get to in Beta-like Scarred Mire. And does anybody know how you are supposed to beat that stupid kid in the footrace?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #154
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Made level 31 on my Saboteur today - finally getting the top ability on the top part of my soul tree. Also had a good conversation with some Defiant near Kain's Command. Pretty cool that you can talk with the enemy.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #155
Blackadar
Retired

I'm enjoying the game more in the 30s than I did in the teens back in beta.

For example, last night I started off questing and did great with my new spec. I also helped out in a couple of rifts and an invasion. Then I joined a group for the level 30 instance (can't remember it, but it's in Scarlet Gorge), switched specs to my healing spec and we cleared that. It was tough and I needed an off-healer, but after a rough start we did great. Then we formed a PvP group and got facerolled in BG (5 man premade vs. 10 man premade = loss), jumped into Codex and won a couple of matches there (one by only 10 points). Then I went to bed. It was an awesome night of RIFTing.

The soul system just absolutely makes this game. I went from a purely ranged Inquisitor spec to an Inq/Justicar spec like this: Soul Tree Calculator: Inquisitor (25) / Justicar (12) / Purifier (0) :: Rift: Planes of Telara :: ZAM Needless to say, I can wreck 3-4 mobs at once - though it takes me the same amount of time to kill just 1. smile It sucks in PvP - I'm dead one on one - but I can quest very effectively. Then I have a healer spec that's heavy Purifier. And I'm soon going to get my 3rd spec so I can have a PvP healer - more of a Sentinel/Warden/Templar spec. And there are so many other possibilities I'd like to try, never mind 3 other classes! Lovin' it!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #156
Thomkal
Head Coach

anyone playing?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #157
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I would have been but there is a two hour queue on Briarcliff. I think I might need to just roll on a different server, but I was just starting to like this character.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #158
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
I would have been but there is a two hour queue on Briarcliff. I think I might need to just roll on a different server, but I was just starting to like this character.
That's what I've ended up doing. I know/hope it will level out after a month. And then I'll roll some alts on these servers. But in the meantime, I'll keep plugging along on a couple other shards.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #159
Lonnie
High School Varsity

There hasn't been a queue on Briarcliff all day today. I got my mage up to 21.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #160
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

So here's another very cool thing that happened to me yesterday that increased my satisfaction in the game. I was playing a Guardian Cleric working on some quests. I was sent to kill 8 Aelfwar Scouts & some Treants. Suddenly a rift opened up in my area. As it turns out, no one likes the invading creatures from other planes. As I focused my attention towards battling the rift creatures, a Treant charged in and started attacking. And then two Aelfwar Scouts joined in and attacked. So there I was fighting alongside my "enemies" against a larger threat. Maybe that happens in other games, but I found that fascinating.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #161
BYU 14
Coordinator

Queues seem to have settled down nicely, got some good time in today and actually stumbled on a minor Rift in the middle of nowhere that I was able to close be myself at level 15 before it got nasty.

Also just added 2nd role to my Cleric and Rogue for raids/grouping. I have heard others say it makes it become a whole new game, but that might be an understatement. I had to completely change the way I approached things going from a Shaman/Purifier/Warden to a Sentinel/Purifier/Warden as without the Shaman soul I now have no business anywhere near combat. Really love how swapping one soul changes the game so much.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-07-2011 at 06:56 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #162
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This game is freaking awesome. I'm glad I got in on the 6 month pricing.

My "main" is a sab/mm/ranger and is level 19 on Freeholme. It's a lot of fun. There are so many possibilities with your trees and roots. What's great is that there is no formulated character (although the sab is OP for a lot of people).
Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #163
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
This game is freaking awesome. I'm glad I got in on the 6 month pricing.

My "main" is a sab/mm/ranger and is level 19 on Freeholme. It's a lot of fun. There are so many possibilities with your trees and roots. What's great is that there is no formulated character (although the sab is OP for a lot of people).

I did the same, got my Assassin/Rift Stalker/Marksman to lvl 20 today. I am pretty deadly in any 1 on 1 situation.

Main alt is level 16 Shaman/Purifier/Warden, with a secondary role of Sentinal/Purifier/Warden for party's and raids as a pure healer.

Have to say I enjoy the Shaman role more though as I can solo easily with the offense of the Shaman, HOT's of the Warden and the Shields of the Purifier. Have defeated as many as 3 enemies at once with this build, though getting too cocky has also gotten me killed a couple of times.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #164
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

For those that have come over from WOW, is it better? Or just different? I have played WOW on and off since launch, but after hitting 85 in the last expansion I just didn't seem to have much desire to do the heroics and raiding again.

I don't know what a MMO would need to hold my attention right now, but whatever it is, WOW isn't doing it.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #165
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
For those that have come over from WOW, is it better? Or just different? I have played WOW on and off since launch, but after hitting 85 in the last expansion I just didn't seem to have much desire to do the heroics and raiding again.

I don't know what a MMO would need to hold my attention right now, but whatever it is, WOW isn't doing it.

IMO, similar but better in many ways. Worse in others. FYI, the first 10 levels aren't all that great. The game really shines later on.

The soul system, the graphics, the PvP options, the Rifts, the lack of the awful cross-server LFG tool (and the asshattery it spawns) and the increased difficulty all make Rift a far more fun game than WoW.

I just find WoW too simple, too easy and with too many crutches that encourage the player base to act like complete and utter jackasses. WoW has better questing, probably better balance (it should, it's been out for much longer) and better lore. But I walked away from WoW some time ago and haven't wanted to come back.

To me, Rift takes much of the best of WoW, EQ2 and WAR and puts them in the same game with dynamic Rift content. Helluva combo. Whether or not I'm singing the same tune 3 months from now remains to be seen, but I'm level 40 and still having a blast.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #166
Thomkal
Head Coach

There was a large update today:

What a Launch it's Been! (Rift 1.01 update))
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #167
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
IMO, similar but better in many ways. Worse in others. FYI, the first 10 levels aren't all that great. The game really shines later on.

The soul system, the graphics, the PvP options, the Rifts, the lack of the awful cross-server LFG tool (and the asshattery it spawns) and the increased difficulty all make Rift a far more fun game than WoW.

I just find WoW too simple, too easy and with too many crutches that encourage the player base to act like complete and utter jackasses. WoW has better questing, probably better balance (it should, it's been out for much longer) and better lore. But I walked away from WoW some time ago and haven't wanted to come back.

To me, Rift takes much of the best of WoW, EQ2 and WAR and puts them in the same game with dynamic Rift content. Helluva combo. Whether or not I'm singing the same tune 3 months from now remains to be seen, but I'm level 40 and still having a blast.

Man, but this is a complicated game though.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #168
JeffNights
College Prospect

Well if the community in WoW was a problem for you, you may indeed be singing a diffferent tune quite soon, as about 90% of Rift's player base is from WoW.

Graphics are better, newer engine. Soul trees are nice, problem I see is that at top level you are going to have 3 abilities that do the exact same thing, but this can't be avoided right now.

Warfronts are exciting but it's still the same PvP with tremendous balance issues, but its the first couple weeks since launch, it'll be smoothed out.

Basically if you wanted a change of pace from WoW, the game will be interesting i'm sure for a bit.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #169
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

You guys still playing/enjoying this??

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #170
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I'm still enjoying it. I am at level 38 on my Warlock/Necro/Dominator on Briarcliff. The queues have died down quite a bit. Will have a better opinion after I hit 50 and see how things are in the endgame which I'm sure will be an ongoing development.

It's pretty wild when you have a large invasion in a contested zone and the two sides are basically playing tug of war while trying to kill the big boss as well as each other.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #171
Thomkal
Head Coach

still playing wondering where my FOFC buddies are.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #172
BYU 14
Coordinator

Haven't had as much time this week, but still enjoying the game, I really like the pace of it and leveling is not a grind, but not overly easy as you get higher either.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #173
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm loving it, have a level 26 Cleric (Justicar / Shaman) on Wolfsbane.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I love this game. I don't have anyone higher than level 22, but I have a bunch between levels 10-22.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #175
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
still playing wondering where my FOFC buddies are.

Have we decided on an "official" server?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #176
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Have we decided on an "official" server?

No we have not officially. Keenblade seemed to be what decided for a PvE server back when the game started, and Briarcliff for a PvP server due to Blackadar's guild (which he ended up not joining). The queue issues seem to be getting better, so we could go anywhere I guess.

I think the highest level guy I have is 19 right now. Alt-itis again has struck, so I have a few characters over a few servers. I still have my Level 1 or 2 Shaman hanging out on Keenblade (I think). I think it'd be fun to all just start a character there and run around as a group.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #177
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I still have my Level 1 or 2 Shaman hanging out on Keenblade (I think). I think it'd be fun to all just start a character there and run around as a group.

I would be down with this, I have 3 char on Keenblade (though 2 are guardian) and I know we talked about being Defiant. I will roll up a fresh Defiant on Keenblade if this is what we want to do.....I would like to try a tank as I have a Cleric, Rogue and Mage currently.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #178
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I love this game. I don't have anyone higher than level 22, but I have a bunch between levels 10-22.

I am the same, but I have a Rogue/Cleric combo (21 and 18) I go back and forth with a lot. I will gather with the Rogue as I quest and then mail the ingrediants to the Cleric who does Alchemy, Weaponsmithing and Clothier.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #179
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I would be down with this, I have 3 char on Keenblade (though 2 are guardian) and I know we talked about being Defiant. I will roll up a fresh Defiant on Keenblade if this is what we want to do.....I would like to try a tank as I have a Cleric, Rogue and Mage currently.

Kejaan is my shaman's name of Keenblade-Defiant. would like to organize a general time frame people will be on so as to get as many of us possible together at one time.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #180
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Kejaan is my shaman's name of Keenblade-Defiant. would like to organize a general time frame people will be on so as to get as many of us possible together at one time.

I rolled a Defiant Warrior Hawkeslayer, going out tonight, but I will be on in the AM, I will look for you.

As far as regular days, Sunday is pretty much my do nothing day, I could get on anytime then, sometimes on Saturdays.

During the week is pretty limited for me due to Softball and Jiu Jitsu taking up 3-4 nights and Friday usually date night with the Mrs.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 AM   #181
Thomkal
Head Coach

I will be jumping on as Severian on Keenblade till about Noon EST if anyone wants to join me. Message me there and I will switch over to Kejaan for some quality lowbie play.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #182
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll be on tomorrow (Sunday) intermittently in the morning and afternoon. Probably tonight sometime too.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #183
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Just bought RIFT on steam and it's nearly 85% d/l.

I will be on tonight after 7:00 EST. Looking forward to jumping on with you guys. What lvl should I get to until I pst you in game to group up?

Is Keenblade the server to start with?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #184
Thomkal
Head Coach

CleBrownsFan,

Yeah Keenblade looks to be the place to go. You can send any of us playing there a tell anytime, so don't worry about levelling first. My Cleric there Kejaan-is still level 1 (thought I got him to Level 2 but not yet), and others are creating new characters for this, so I and anyone else around who's been creating new characters can group with you right from the start. Post your character's name here. Your character should be a Defiant.

Last edited by Thomkal : 03-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #185
Thomkal
Head Coach

I should also tell you that ever since Update 1.01 a couple weeks ago I have been experiencing sporadic lag/total character freeze-up and from the message boards I'm not alone here, so if I freeze up while grouping tonight just go on without me till I unfreeze.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #186
BYU 14
Coordinator

Hawkeslayer is level 6 ATM, so I will hang out and wait for you guys to get out of the starting zone if we are on at the same time later.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #187
Thomkal
Head Coach

going on now as Severian. Send me a tell and I'll move over to Kejaan

Last edited by Thomkal : 03-19-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #188
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hopping on momentarily.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #189
Thomkal
Head Coach

whoever Arkanos is I saw your tell, said you weren't on when I replied
Old 03-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #190
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Name is Helter - got to lvl 6 but logging off soon 'cause I have a pounding head-ech.

Liking it so far.. this will suck some time away - that's for sure.

I created a Cleric (Warden, Sentinel, Purifier)

I'll group up with u guys tomorrow if your on

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 03-20-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #191
Thomkal
Head Coach

Feel better CleBrownsFan

Raiders and I are about to get on our level 1 characters to get to Level 6. The idea here is to group and play together with these characters so we stay near the same level for as long as possible.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #192
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Played with Thomkal and BYU. A lot of fun! Anyhow, I think we're all about 6-7 now with other alts on Keenblade. My new one is Ballistic, Marksman/Assassin/Something (can't remember).
Old 03-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #193
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay Raiders, BYU, and I got up to Level 6 and out of the opening zone so should be good to go there. I am a non-healing cleric (Shaman, Druid, Justicar), Raiders is a Rogue, BYU is a Warrior. I have a shield waiting in my mail from my alt for a warrior, but I guess as a Champion you wont need that hmmm?

I may not be around much tomorrow-may or may not have company coming, so try not to be 10 levels higher than me when I get on again lol. Others who have the game and want to start a new guy, or have someone close to level 6, just contact one of us in game or here.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #194
Thomkal
Head Coach

Psst Raiders, its Riftblade.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #195
McLovin
Mascot

I have a 7 mage (warlock,necro) on Keenblade named Naza. Please add.
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #196
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I have a 7 mage (warlock,necro) on Keenblade named Naza. Please add.

I added Naza this morning, so I'll be on the lookout for you when I'm on again.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #197
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I was looking at the three soul classes I selected. Two of the classes were pretty identical.

What do you feel the best combo for a healer is?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #198
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I was looking at the three soul classes I selected. Two of the classes were pretty identical.

What do you feel the best combo for a healer is?

If you are playing a pure healer that is a good set as you have instants for emergencies, HOT's for sustained combat and AOE heals for groups/raids.

My Cleric's 2nd role is the same combination, which I use for groups.

If you want to add some offense for solo play get a Shaman soul and pair that with Warden and Purifier.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-20-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #199
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hopping on in a bit. I'd suggest that maybe Friday night/Saturday night would be a good time for our FOFC group?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #200
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Hopping on in a bit. I'd suggest that maybe Friday night/Saturday night would be a good time for our FOFC group?

Did you get the Bow I sent you?