Hall Of Famer

fuck you...i want the PC patch
Old 11-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #152
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
fucking PC patch plz!!!!

Sadly we have zero news about it, no changelist, no date etc. I'm thinking on purchasing the Ps3 version but i like how the Pc one looks, way better than in consoles.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM   #153
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I haven't bought a PC game except for sports text sims in a long while. I heard how SecuROM can screw up computers pretty bad, and I believe that's the protection used on 2K10. Is this a problem for anyone? I don't want to buy the game if there's a good chance of screwing up Windows.

Last edited by weegeebored : 11-18-2009 at 07:57 AM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #154
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I need a suggestion for a team, I can't seem to finish a game with the Pistons....they just bore me.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #155
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I need a suggestion for a team, I can't seem to finish a game with the Pistons....they just bore me.

Does the game even let you attempt to play defense with them? I assume it'd just freeze if you tried.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #156
Radii
Head Coach

Now that the PS3 patch is out I'm thinking about starting an association. I see some posts on OS about how its too easy to trade, also that most people don't practice or do development drills since the CPU isn't doing those. Does anyone here have any experiences/suggestions on house rules or how far one might have to go to not end up with the best talent in the league after a few years?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 AM   #157
whomario
Pro Starter

Hmm, not doing drills and training is correct (the cpu really doesn΄t do them), i also don΄t use Draft Picks in trades (cpu values them too much and then ends up taking a player that΄s just a bad fit).

other than that there΄s not a whole lot you can do.

Oh, one thing : Turn trade override on so that you can reverse cpu trades that are plain out idiotic (f.e. a winning team trading away their starting SF for a backup PG) via 3 way trades throwing in your 2nd rounder and the 2nd rounder of one of the teams trading along with the players that were traded (you can afterwards switch back the newly aquired 2nd rounder for your own pick).
In general i use this to balance things out a bit, if a team has 3 starting caliber pGs but no good big men and another team it΄s the other way around i might want to orchestrate a trade.

No need for controlling all 30 teams, trade override is enough to balance things out a bit.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 AM   #158
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
I haven't bought a PC game except for sports text sims in a long while. I heard how SecuROM can screw up computers pretty, and I believe that's the protection used on 2K10. Is this a problem for anyone? I don't want to buy the game if there's a good chance of screwing up Windows.

Buy it from Steam.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #159
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Oh, one thing : Turn trade override on so that you can reverse cpu trades that are plain out idiotic (f.e. a winning team trading away their starting SF for a backup PG) via 3 way trades throwing in your 2nd rounder and the 2nd rounder of one of the teams trading along with the players that were traded (you can afterwards switch back the newly aquired 2nd rounder for your own pick).

Oh outstanding, I never would have thought of that, thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #160
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Buy it from Steam.
Any downside to doing this? Patches, reinstalls, etc.?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #161
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Any downside to doing this? Patches, reinstalls, etc.?

Many feel patches are a downside with Steam. Most games you cannot download the patch on your own - you need to wait until its pushed out through Steam. The timeliness of these can vary. Some like this - patches happen automatically. Some can't stand getting patches a day later than the CD crowd.

Again reinstalls being a downside are a matter of opinion. You can install it anywhere as long as you remember your steam password. But, it takes longer because you have to download it on every machine (or every reinstall) rather than move a disk from machine to machine.

But, I have moved from the "must have a disk" camp to the steam camp because I feel its the best copy protection scheme. I've become a big fan.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #162
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I think that I'll go the Steam route. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #163
Aylmar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Many feel patches are a downside with Steam. Most games you cannot download the patch on your own - you need to wait until its pushed out through Steam. The timeliness of these can vary. Some like this - patches happen automatically. Some can't stand getting patches a day later than the CD crowd.

Again reinstalls being a downside are a matter of opinion. You can install it anywhere as long as you remember your steam password. But, it takes longer because you have to download it on every machine (or every reinstall) rather than move a disk from machine to machine.

But, I have moved from the "must have a disk" camp to the steam camp because I feel its the best copy protection scheme. I've become a big fan.

Is this really the case? I don't think I've had a Steam game yet where I wasn't able to download and apply the patch over the top of the Steam install. I mean, you can wait if you like, but if it's a big deal, I always just patch it myself in the interim.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #164
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Btw, the game is supposed to be $25 at Walmart on BF.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #165
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylmar View Post
Is this really the case? I don't think I've had a Steam game yet where I wasn't able to download and apply the patch over the top of the Steam install. I mean, you can wait if you like, but if it's a big deal, I always just patch it myself in the interim.

I've never tried. I thought that the FM/WWSM people have complained in the past about having to wait for the patch, so my comment was based mostly on that.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #166
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Btw, the game is supposed to be $25 at Walmart on BF.
Does that include online? Is it 360/PS3 or PC as well?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i want the fucking pc patch!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #168
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Does that include online? Is it 360/PS3 or PC as well?

Not sure, got the info from FatWallet: Master List: Black Friday Ad Rumors & Store Hours Roundup (Nov. 27, 2009)
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #169
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I've never tried. I thought that the FM/WWSM people have complained in the past about having to wait for the patch, so my comment was based mostly on that.

Actually Steam users are the first to get FM patches the last two years. One of the reasons I love getting the game through Steam, fast patching and no dealing with torrents or looking for mirrors to get the update.

You can only use the Steam released patch though if you buy the game through Steam, you can't d'load it from SI's sight or any other supplier. Not a problem though as Steam does it automatically for you unless you tell it not to.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #170
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

steam is sexy game-buying goodness
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #171
Groundhog
Coordinator

I finally bought 2K10. Didn't buy 2K9, and there have been a lot of changes since 2K8, that's for sure. Lots of fun, but I still really suck. The 'My Player' mode is pretty damn fun, but is there a way to make the games longer than 5 minute quarters in that mode?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The ability to change the quarter lengths was added in the patch.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #173
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The ability to change the quarter lengths was added in the patch.

Yeah I read that, but I'll be damned if I can find that option. Maybe you need to change it before starting the mode?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #174
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I had a frustrating experience in My Player mode this weekend, I kept getting subbed in and out at every dead ball. It kind of killed the mode for me, I'm hoping once I make it to the NBA this isn't a problem.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #175
bhlloy
Coordinator

It's under presentation, which is a pretty non-logical place for it to be, but it's there (on the 360 version at least)

Balldog - it still happens once you get to the NBA. Slightly less frequently if you go to 12 min quarters, but it's still a pain.

The bigger issue for me is the CPU subbing you in at ridiculous positions. I've created a couple of 5'9 PG's with good shooting and both times the CPU loves putting me in at SF against 6'10 guys.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #176
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

New patch announced

Patch Announced - 2K Sports Forums

Patch will be the 2nd for the PS3 and 360.

The PC patch will be released then, and will be a combination of the old patch and this new one.

To be released January 2010.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

january? blahhhh
Old 11-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #178
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
january? blahhhh

Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #179
Groundhog
Coordinator

Having a lot of fun with 2K10, haven't had this much fun since 2K7, which was my favourite of this series.

Do you guys run plays, or freestyle it? I generally run plays, but I wish I was better with isomoves. I use the Bucks in my franchise, and Jennings is crazy quick, but I feel cheap just using the 2 "money plays" with him (one is under the PG plays and has the C setting a high screen for the PG who cuts to the hoop and gets the pass from the wing, the other has the C with the ball at the FT line, then passing to the PG who cuts to the hoop), as they result in a Jennings dunk 80% of the time due to his speed.

I also suck at generating 3 pointers. Annoying my wings tend to stand just inside the 3pt line when not moving, so even if I kick the ball out on a drive, they are shooting long 2s instead of 3s.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #180
rjolley
College Starter

Nice video displaying some of the tendencies of different types of players in 2K10.

NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 5 Superior Tendencies

Didn't know they had that many settings for tendencies. Now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not braving WalMart to get NBA2K10 for $25.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #181
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Nice video displaying some of the tendencies of different types of players in 2K10.

NBA 2K10 Video: 2010 Czarisode 5 Superior Tendencies

Didn't know they had that many settings for tendencies. Now I'm REALLY kicking myself for not braving WalMart to get NBA2K10 for $25.

You definitely notice it during games. I played the Bobcats last night who had Iverson at PG, and he was chucking it up any chance he got, while Wallace was taking advantage of any mismatch by driving it straight to the basket.

Then I played the Hornets and Chris Paul was just killing me with his penetration followed by kickouts to the open man.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #182
rjolley
College Starter

Rub it in some more while I'm pissed off that 2K9 freezes my association during the draft.

Last edited by rjolley : 12-01-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #183
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Forgive the ignorance here, but what is the general consesus with this game? I've always loved the 2k series although I'm not a huge basketball fan.

How is franchise mode? I remember it being awesome but are there any killers this year?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i like it...i'm waiting for the PC patch in January to really get into any sort of long-term play though so i can't comment on that. in-game gameplay (even pre-patch which has a huge effect on defense i gather) the gameplay is leaps+bounds ahead of 2k9
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #185
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Forgive the ignorance here, but what is the general consesus with this game? I've always loved the 2k series although I'm not a huge basketball fan.

How is franchise mode? I remember it being awesome but are there any killers this year?

The only issue I currently have is the ability to make jumpshots, which seems ridiculous but may be a game killer for me. I'm playing good, competitive games and the flow of the game is outstanding, but I simply can't make shots outside of the paint, to the point that 80 out of 90 points I score in a game will come from the paint/post/driving ot the basket or at the free throw line.

I know I'm not entirely alone in this frustration(there's a couple smaller threads about it on the OS forums and its been mentioned here a little), but it may be a bigger deal for me than it is for others.

If I figure out a good solution for this one thing, association mode seems pretty damn good and I think I could play it for a long time.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #186
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
The only issue I currently have is the ability to make jumpshots, which seems ridiculous but may be a game killer for me. I'm playing good, competitive games and the flow of the game is outstanding, but I simply can't make shots outside of the paint, to the point that 80 out of 90 points I score in a game will come from the paint/post/driving ot the basket or at the free throw line.

I know I'm not entirely alone in this frustration(there's a couple smaller threads about it on the OS forums and its been mentioned here a little), but it may be a bigger deal for me than it is for others.

If I figure out a good solution for this one thing, association mode seems pretty damn good and I think I could play it for a long time.

I had the same problem but got it sorted out with sliders, what settings are you using?

I play on pro and tried a few of the sliders from OS. I can't hit a wide open J with any of them, they all have similar shot settings. Maybe I'm not as good as those guys so fuck'em I'll turn up the shooting (I'm ~2-5 points higher on shooting settings than any other slider set I've seen) until I get something real. No shame in that

Anyway I'm getting good games with these on the ps3 on pro level. Not claiming full credit they are based on Bizcanos superstar set with a lot of tweaks from me to play on pro.

GAMEPLAY

Difficulty: Pro
Quarter Length: 12 minutes
Fatigue: ON
Injuries: ON
Clutch Factor: ON
Real Player FT%: ON
Game Speed: 50
Free Throw Difficulty – doesn't apply, using real FT%

NBA RULES - FOULS

Charging Foul – 100
Blocking Foul – 100
Reaching Foul – 75 (may seem heavy but without it you either have too few total fouls or too many shooting fouls)
Shooting Foul – 70 (getting a few to many now and may go down to 65 as my sample size increases)
Loose Ball Foul – 100

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Defensive Assist – 0 – Keeps your player in position

USER / CPU

OFFENSE

Inside Shot Success – 50 / 43
Close Shot Success – 47 / 43
Mid Range Success – 52 / 46
3pt Success – 53 / 47
Layup Success – 48 / 43
Dunk Success – 49 / 49
Dunks in Traffic – 50 / 10 (cpu gets way more than me even with this setting)

DEFENSE

Steal Success – 40 / 30
Help Defense Strength – 75 / 75

ATTRIBUTES

Quickness – 50 / 40
Vertical – 50 / 40
Strength – 50 / 50
Stamina – 50 / 50
Durabilty – 50 / 50
Hustle – 50 / 50
Ball Handling – 40 / 40
Hands – 0 / 0
Dunking Ability – 45 / 45
On-Ball Defense – 60 / 60
Stealing – 45 / 45
Blocking – 75 / 60
Off. Awareness – 30 / 30
Def. Awareness – 70 / 70
Off. Rebounding – 50 / 50 (only avg. 5.8 off rebs with Lakers until I went 50 off.\50 def for both me and cpu, last game had 11 IRL they avg. 12.4)
Def. Rebounding – 50 / 50
Clutch – 10 / 10
Consistency – 50 / 50
Injury Severity – 50 / 50

TENDENCIES

Take Inside Shots – 50 / 50
Take Close Shots – 50 / 50
Take Mid-Range Shots – 50 / 50
Take 3pt Shots – 50 / 50
Attack the Basket – 50 / 50
Look For Post Players – 50 / 50
Throw Alley Oops – 50 / 10
Attempt Dunks - 50 / 45
Attempt Putbacks – 50 / 50
Throw Flashy Passes – 10 / 5(trying to cut down on alley oops)
Commit Fouls – 100 / 60
Play Passing Lanes – 60 / 60
Go for On-Ball Steals – 65 / 55 (doesn't create too many steals but helps increase total fouls to more realistic levels)
Contest Shots – 50 / 50
Backdoor Cuts – 50 / 50 (had this much lower for cpu but someone at OS claimed with a higher number you end up with more fouls against the human team. so trying it out at 50)

With these over about 5 games I've shot as high as 53% and as low as 44% and the cpu is putting up realistic numbers also. I don't think I've played a game yet with these where points in the paint were over 50% of the total and are usually closer to 40-45% for both me and the cpu.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #187
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post

Not far enough to comment on franchise but the game itself rivals The Show for most impressive sports game I've ever played. An absolute blast once you've sorted out your sliders to match your skill level. Yeah, I hate playing slider tag, like anyone else, but once you get to your sweet spot man, it's heaven.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #188
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah - you've got to just adjust your sliders to get to your individual sweet spot
Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #189
Ironhead
College Prospect

One of my favorite pressbook photos so far. Gallo finishing strong at the basket over Drew Gooden.

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #190
Groundhog
Coordinator

Good to see that they've apparently perfected Gooden's defensive awareness rating.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #191
Calis
College Starter

Haven't read through this whole thread, but I'm getting the itch for this game, is the PC version actually a solid game? Not just a poorly done port? Are people out there modding the rosters and working on the PC or just sticking to consoles?

I think I'd end up playing it more if I could get talk myself into the PC version.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PC version I think will be a good game. Honestly we're still waiting for the PC patch (due in January, to be a compilation of patches 1+2 for the consoles) in order for it to reach it's full potential, but it's very playable out of the box, and very much an improvement over 2009 even straight out of the box. There is definately a PC modding community on it - I have custom sliders/settings/rosters installed, and there's a guy "Allbys" who does top-quality roster work. I think by now there's probably also some nice graphical mods out (replacing some of the 2k stuff with espn stuff or tbs stuff) but I honestly haven't checked since shortly after release because I put the game down while waiting for the PC patch.

I did get the itch this weekend though and picked it up last night and played for a couple hours, and even without the patch I thought it was a very good game.

I'd recommend it for what...$20? Hell yeah.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #193
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I want to like this game but I'm having the same problems as a lot of people. Every time I play out a game I have like 75 points in the paint. I just can't get A) open shots or B) shots just don't go down (after adjusting sliders to increase the mid-range and 3 pnt) so i just go to the hoop about 90% of the time.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #194
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I want to like this game but I'm having the same problems as a lot of people. Every time I play out a game I have like 75 points in the paint. I just can't get A) open shots or B) shots just don't go down (after adjusting sliders to increase the mid-range and 3 pnt) so i just go to the hoop about 90% of the time.

i find it much easier to get points in the paint - i agree.

maybe user shooting percentage sliders should go way up to account for the difficulty of getting off shots outside the paint?

for example - i know i played out some quick games as boston and KG was missing easy mid-range shots. i went in and edited him and bumped his shooting up to mid-90's and now i feel like he hits an acceptable # of shots even when challenged.

maybe the solution is just to raise the global short/mid/3pt shooting percentage up even a bit higher though?

or slow down the CPU players on defense so that you are able to get a little more open so the shots that you do take fall?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #195
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Yeah - maybe that's worth a try. I think another problem I have is I run pick and rolls or ISO most of the time. I never call plays for guys to come off picks to get that open shot. I just don't remember always driving to the basket playing CH2k8 - but maybe I did....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #196
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Yeah - maybe that's worth a try. I think another problem I have is I run pick and rolls or ISO most of the time. I never call plays for guys to come off picks to get that open shot. I just don't remember always driving to the basket playing CH2k8 - but maybe I did....

i find it somewhat cumbersome to call plays, that's probably my biggest issue, because i can never remember what #1 onscreen corresponds to on my controller (Logitech Gamepad). It's like #1 onscreen = #3 on my gamepad, so if i go to call a play i spend the whole shot clock trying to get the right guy and the right movement.

i really should make myself a cheat-sheet or something i guess. that way i could get guys coming off screens for open jumpers.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-14-2009 at 12:46 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #197
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i had a great game last night with a team that i drafted once i finally got the sliders and settings where i wanted them.

i'll post the shooting sliders i used when i get home, but i also turned game speed down to like 45. i find that extra 5 ticks helped to slow things down and enable to get open and stay open for a second or two.

game with 10min quarters finished 102-92.

drafted a team of dwayne wade, ripp hamilton, rashard lewis, samuel dalembert, david west.

wanted to pick wade instead of kobe or lebron with the #1 pick, but with ripp that gives me a backcourt that is horrid at hitting the 3, so i'm not sure i made the right call. might scrap it and start over.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #198
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
PC version I think will be a good game. Honestly we're still waiting for the PC patch (due in January, to be a compilation of patches 1+2 for the consoles) in order for it to reach it's full potential, but it's very playable out of the box, and very much an improvement over 2009 even straight out of the box. There is definately a PC modding community on it - I have custom sliders/settings/rosters installed, and there's a guy "Allbys" who does top-quality roster work. I think by now there's probably also some nice graphical mods out (replacing some of the 2k stuff with espn stuff or tbs stuff) but I honestly haven't checked since shortly after release because I put the game down while waiting for the PC patch.

I did get the itch this weekend though and picked it up last night and played for a couple hours, and even without the patch I thought it was a very good game.

I'd recommend it for what...$20? Hell yeah.

Awesome, thanks. The last version I own is actually 2k8 so I'm sure it would be a nice upgrade. Think I will go ahead and buy it tonight and mess around for a while until the patch hits.

Man I'd really love to see some roster projects like we do for MVP 2005. I'd love to play say an '86 NBA Roster/Mod, or anytime between that and say '92 or so. Would be a blast.

Ah, dreams.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 AM   #199
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have to admit I'm starting to get really frustrated with this game for the reasons above, I just find it impossible to get any outside or mid range shooting game going. I can win a game most of the time by sending my guys to the net and passing it to them for the dunk but where is the fun in that? I want a realistic game in which I have to pass the ball around and find open guys to win.

If anyone has any good sliders at All-Star level (the level below is just too easy) that allows a good competitive game without having to resort to cheesing on the inside, I'd love to see them. Because right now I'm about to put this game down for good I think. I actually found the gameplay a lot better pre-patch I think (other than the few association killing bugs obviously), I don't know what they tightened up but it's made the game a lot less fun IMO.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #200
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I have to admit I'm starting to get really frustrated with this game for the reasons above, I just find it impossible to get any outside or mid range shooting game going. I can win a game most of the time by sending my guys to the net and passing it to them for the dunk but where is the fun in that? I want a realistic game in which I have to pass the ball around and find open guys to win.

If anyone has any good sliders at All-Star level (the level below is just too easy) that allows a good competitive game without having to resort to cheesing on the inside, I'd love to see them. Because right now I'm about to put this game down for good I think. I actually found the gameplay a lot better pre-patch I think (other than the few association killing bugs obviously), I don't know what they tightened up but it's made the game a lot less fun IMO.

i don't recall if i'm playing on All Star or Pro honestly, but i'll check tonight and post whatever sliders i'm using. i've had good competitive games with them (coming down to the last few minutes), but i do agree that it can be tougher to get a midrange game going - then again the midrange game is not a huge focus of the current NBA (except for a dying breed of guys) so i'm not sure that's such an unrealistic thing.

then again i'm on a pc, so i'm still pre-patch

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-17-2009 at 07:34 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote