Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #151
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds tasty, MG! I'll be making a variant of it soon, I think.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #152
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Soup Season! My sister asked me for one of my favorite soup recipes..I made this for her while she was here.

Chicken Soup with Mushroom, Sage and Rice

First off, here is the link to the soup book I use on Amazon

Amazon.com: Soups (Cookshelf) (9780752554761): n/a: Books

And here is the recipe:

Olive Oil
1 Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Stalk Celery, Finely Chopped
25 Large Fresh Sage Leaves, Finely Chopped
4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
6 Cups of Chicken Stock
2/3 Cup of Rice (Recipe calls for Brown, I use white)
9 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
7 oz Cooked Chicken (Add what you like)
3/4 cup Heavy Cream
Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook the Onion, Celery and Sage in the olive oil until the the onion is softened. Stirring frequently. Stir in the floor and continue cooking for 2 minutes

Slowly add about a quarter of the chicken stock and stir well, scraping the bottom of the pan to mix the flour. Pour in the remaining stock, stirring to combine completely and bring just to a boil.

Stir in the rice and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, partially covered for about 30 minutes until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.

While the stock is boiling. Cook the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally at first, then more often after they start to color. Add the mushrooms to the soup.

Add Chicken to the soup and stir in the cream. Combine and simmer for about 10 minutes until heated through. Adjust seasoning to taste, if necessary,

Ladle into bowls and add Parmesan.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-09-2011 at 08:57 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #153
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The soup sounds really good. We'll probably try in next weekend. A couple of comments:

We like our celery a little crunchy. It sounds like this'll do the job as you cook until the onions are soft.

It sounds really salty. The chicken stock should have a lot of sodium in it. I'm not sure we'll season with salt when we stir in the rice nor season the mushrooms with salt.

There is a huge difference between freshly grated parmesan cheese and already grated parmesan cheese. Fresh is so much better.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #154
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
The soup sounds really good. We'll probably try in next weekend. A couple of comments:

We like our celery a little crunchy. It sounds like this'll do the job as you cook until the onions are soft.

It sounds really salty. The chicken stock should have a lot of sodium in it. I'm not sure we'll season with salt when we stir in the rice nor season the mushrooms with salt.

There is a huge difference between freshly grated parmesan cheese and already grated parmesan cheese. Fresh is so much better.

I don't normally add any salt after the stock, just pepper....The sage imparts an amazing flavor.

The heavy cream helps with the stock, but you can do the low sodium stock..I have done that before and it doesn't change the flavor.

Also, I like to do 2 or 3 stalks of celery sometimes.

And definitely on the parm, it has to be freshly grated, the flavor is amazing.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #155
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We did a turkey breast yesterday so today we're going to make a turkey, wild rice, and mushroom soup. It is indeed soup season

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #156
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I've got leftover buffalo wing sauce (Anchor Bar's Medium, thanks to my sister!) but don't want to make wings. Anybody done stirfry with wing sauce? Or know any other uses?

/tk
Old 02-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #157
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Throw chicken breasts in ziplock bag, throw wing sauce in bag, throw in fridge and marinate (salt and pepper to taste).

Grill or pan sear & bake at your discretion, save a little wing sauce for dipping.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-21-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #158
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This is a basic chicken casserole recipe that I grew up on and have modified a bit to my liking.

2 Chicken Breasts baked and cut-up (if you want, dark meat goes real well with this)
3.5 Cups Egg Noodles
1 Can of Cheddard Cheese Soup
Little bit of milk added when mixing this all together

Then spinkle in some onion powder, garlic salt. Put into casserole dish, sprinkle on breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and bake for about 15 minutes.

It's a surprisingly easy and good dish. You can mix in bacon or other types of cheeses to spice it up a bit. And if you want to go with whole wheat noodles, it can be somewhat healthy as well. And perhaps my favorite part, it's almost better reheated. The cheese and such soaks into the noodles/chicken and just makes it really good. I usually make a big batch and then re-heat for a couple days.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #159
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I like to take some sliced chicken breast (lunch meat sliced) and put it in a skillet with some green peppers and onion and then saute with wing sauce and add some provel cheese and put it on a toasted bun.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 02-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is a basic chicken casserole recipe that I grew up on and have modified a bit to my liking.

2 Chicken Breasts baked and cut-up (if you want, dark meat goes real well with this)
3.5 Cups Egg Noodles
1 Can of Cheddard Cheese Soup
Little bit of milk added when mixing this all together ....

At the risk of sounding stupid ... those egg noodles are pre-cooked before the 15 minutes in the oven, right? My thinking is that the can of soup & dash of milk isn't enough liquid for them to cook, but what do I know?

I figure it's better to sound dumb here than look really dumb at dinner time some night.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #161
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
At the risk of sounding stupid ... those egg noodles are pre-cooked before the 15 minutes in the oven, right? My thinking is that the can of soup & dash of milk isn't enough liquid for them to cook, but what do I know?

I figure it's better to sound dumb here than look really dumb at dinner time some night.
Yes, sorry. The 15 minutes of baking is really just to heat the whole thing up to the same temperature.

Also, the soup comes in condensed form (Campbells) and you leave it like that when you mix it with the noodles and chicken.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #162
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Yes, sorry. The 15 minutes of baking is really just to heat the whole thing up to the same temperature.

Also, the soup comes in condensed form (Campbells) and you leave it like that when you mix it with the noodles and chicken.

No need to apologize, I imagine anyone who spent significant time in the kitchen could have taken that for granted. Alas, that ain't me
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #163
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I like to take some sliced chicken breast (lunch meat sliced) and put it in a skillet with some green peppers and onion and then saute with wing sauce and add some provel cheese and put it on a toasted bun.

Now there's an idea for the next time I have those things on hand. Tonight's dinner was completely impromptu. I'd been planning on having black beans and rice, having slow-cooked black beans today. But I just wasn't feeling it. Alas, I didn't have a lot on hand.

Ended up chopping an onion, sweating it a bit in butter, then adding the chicken. Once the chicken started cooking, added some wing sauce, let it reduce down, and then added some more.

Served over rice with peas and brussel sprouts on the side. Hella yum.

/tk
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #164
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No need to apologize, I imagine anyone who spent significant time in the kitchen could have taken that for granted. Alas, that ain't me

I'm the type of lazy guy who puts the lasagna noodles in raw. If you put enough tomato sauce and cheese in something for an hour in the oven, it'll lose that hard texture

SI

Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #165
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I'm the type of lazy guy who puts the lasagna noodles in raw. If you put enough tomato sauce and cheese in something for an hour in the oven, it'll lose that hard texture

SI

If you buy the no-boil noodles, you don't have to worry about that problem...at least, with lasagna.

Of course, if you add some water, you'll find that things cook pretty well. See my baked pasta recipe above (on a previous page). A jar of sauce (any sauce), a jar of water, a pound of pasta. Cover and bake a 425 for 30 minutes (35 if you're using whole wheat pasta). Take out of the oven, stir it up, throw 2 cups of shredded cheese (Mozarella or Italian Blend) on top, and put in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is all melty. Take out of the oven, let sit for a few, and serve. No need to cook the pasta first (though I have a different recipe that does call for cooking the pasta first...see the same post).

/tk
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #166
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolysis View Post
In your grocery's beef section, you will see "Cube Steak". It will look somewhat similar to hamburger because it has been beaten/processed to tenderize it. I don't know what actual cut it is, but I have always seen it labeled "Cube Steak".

One of the great underrated cuts of meat ever. Unfortunately I'm the only person in my house of food snobs who understands that so I rarely get to enjoy it.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #167
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
See my baked pasta recipe above (on a previous page).

That'd be post #13 of this thread, for those keeping score at home
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #168
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now there's an idea for the next time I have those things on hand. Tonight's dinner was completely impromptu. I'd been planning on having black beans and rice, having slow-cooked black beans today. But I just wasn't feeling it. Alas, I didn't have a lot on hand.

Ended up chopping an onion, sweating it a bit in butter, then adding the chicken. Once the chicken started cooking, added some wing sauce, let it reduce down, and then added some more.

Served over rice with peas and brussel sprouts on the side. Hella yum.

/tk

Nicely done.. I'm going to try that next. I always have wing sauce at my house.. I dip just about anything in that wonderful stuff.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #169
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One of the great underrated cuts of meat ever. Unfortunately I'm the only person in my house of food snobs who understands that so I rarely get to enjoy it.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite meals was cube steaks my mom would cook in a frying pan on a stove, top it with butter and salt and pepper.. yummy!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #170
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When I was a kid, one of my favorite meals was cube steaks my mom would cook in a frying pan on a stove, top it with butter and salt and pepper.. yummy!

Yup. Homemade biscuits & gravy to go with it, damned fine meal.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #171
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup. Homemade biscuits & gravy to go with it, damned fine meal.

I just drooled....
Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #172
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you buy the no-boil noodles, you don't have to worry about that problem...at least, with lasagna.

Of course, if you add some water, you'll find that things cook pretty well. See my baked pasta recipe above (on a previous page). A jar of sauce (any sauce), a jar of water, a pound of pasta. Cover and bake a 425 for 30 minutes (35 if you're using whole wheat pasta). Take out of the oven, stir it up, throw 2 cups of shredded cheese (Mozarella or Italian Blend) on top, and put in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is all melty. Take out of the oven, let sit for a few, and serve. No need to cook the pasta first (though I have a different recipe that does call for cooking the pasta first...see the same post).

/tk

That seems an awful lot like cheating. You're basically boiling the noodles in the oven and then making the rest of your lasagna after the fact.

I just go with 2 jars of sauce, a pound of mozzarella, some ricotta, and some parmesan for flavor and I don't even have to worry. It's very tomato-y, very cheesy, and very tasty

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-22-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #173
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Shrimp Arrabiata

I usually would make this for my wife on special occassions, but it is easy and fast enough that it can really be an any-day type of dish. I no longer have the original recipe I found online, and I now cook this dish off of vague memory. It tastes different every time, but it's also very delicious every time. The recipe below is more of an estimation than exact science. Feel free to add/subtract/substitute to your liking. Heck, I do it all the time depending on what's in my pantry at the time.

Ingredients:
12 oz Linguini (can also use fettuccini, spaghetti, angel hair)
Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
4 oz Shallots, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 Med Tomatoes, diced
3 oz Kalamata Olives, sliced (can used canned)
1/2 tsp Capers, drained
1 lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 oz White Wine
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tbl Butter
Salt to taste
2 oz Romano Cheese, shredded (can also used Parmesan)
2 tbl Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped

Cook the pasta to al dente and set aside.

These next steps are done pretty quickly so you don't burn any ingredients.

Over medium-high heat, saute the garlic and shallots in olive oil for 30 seconds. Add dried basil and red pepper flakes for another 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, olives, and capers and saute for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, wine, lemon juice, and butter until the shrimp is cooked through and butter is melted. Add salt to taste.

Pour over pasta and top with romano cheese and parsley.

Serve while hot.

Enjoy!
ABC

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 02-23-2011 at 01:16 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #174
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds tasty, like a spin on penne alla vodka. I'd make it with chicken or something, of course (allergy), but still sounds good!
/tk
Old 02-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #175
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I always have issues with making seafood pasta. It's not that it's difficult and I love it at the first serving but it's just that it doesn't keep. Pasta inherently makes good leftovers that can sometimes even get better with time in the fridge as the flavors blend more. Unfortunately, having seafood in it- that's the flavor that permeates and overpowers. Anyone with a good suggestion on how to counteract that?

SI

Old 03-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #176
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

SugarDerby - SugarBlog - Cake Ball Stuffed Chocolate Chip*Cookies

Cake inside of a cookie. No, I haven't tried it.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #177
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

My Mom would coat them in flour and fry them up. Cook some white rice. Make some milk gravy. I was in heaven.
When I broke my jaw and couldnt eat much. My Mom would make this and throw it in a blender and puree it. That was even better.
I love me some cube steak.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #178
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
My Mom would coat them in flour and fry them up. Cook some white rice. Make some milk gravy. I was in heaven.
When I broke my jaw and couldnt eat much. My Mom would make this and throw it in a blender and puree it. That was even better.
I love me some cube steak.

I brown and then pressure cook them with some veggies, works out great, we love em.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #179
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Anyone with a good suggestion on how to counteract that?
SI

Unless I'm missing something, the easiest solution would be keep the sauce separate from the pasta. Granted, doesn't work when you make some like ravioli stuffed with seafood, but just on basic sauce/pasta things, just don't mix everything together.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #180
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

As basic as this sounds, anyone have a perfect french fry recipe. For the life of me I just can not get homemade fries we like... the oil sucks right into them which suggests I'm frying too long, but less than that I don't get them as crispy as I would like..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the easiest solution would be keep the sauce separate from the pasta. Granted, doesn't work when you make some like ravioli stuffed with seafood, but just on basic sauce/pasta things, just don't mix everything together.

Well, I think I'd have to keep the seafood separate from the sauce. The problem I have is that, say, the shrimp or scallops or whatever will become the dominant flavor in the sauce after less than a day.

SI

Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #182
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
As basic as this sounds, anyone have a perfect french fry recipe. For the life of me I just can not get homemade fries we like... the oil sucks right into them which suggests I'm frying too long, but less than that I don't get them as crispy as I would like..

You might be cooking too many at a time. How hot is your oil? The more you cook at a time the more the temp of the oil will drop.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #183
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
You might be cooking too many at a time. How hot is your oil? The more you cook at a time the more the temp of the oil will drop.

Just a handful at a time (12-15 'normal' size fries.. not steak cut or anything). I've played around with the oil at 375/400. I've tried soaking overnight in water, fresh cut, different oil.

The best seems to be an overnight soak, double fry them in peanut oil. Still a little not to my liking though. Guess I'll just stick with Ore Ida.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #184
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Just a handful at a time (12-15 'normal' size fries.. not steak cut or anything). I've played around with the oil at 375/400. I've tried soaking overnight in water, fresh cut, different oil.

The best seems to be an overnight soak, double fry them in peanut oil. Still a little not to my liking though. Guess I'll just stick with Ore Ida.

Crazy. Maybe this will help? Kenji kicks ass trying to figure this stuff out.

The Burger Lab: How to Make Perfect Thin and Crisp French Fries | A Hamburger Today
Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #185
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Crazy. Maybe this will help? Kenji kicks ass trying to figure this stuff out.

Hey.. if it gets anywhere close to a McD fry, I'd be an insanely happy man. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #186
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I forwarded my wife that fry link and she is cooking some now since she couldn't wait. *L*
Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #187
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

And judging by my wifes excited phone call I guess the recipe worked.

Yep.. that is where my life is at. The high points are marked by a when get a good fry recipe.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #188
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
And judging by my wifes excited phone call I guess the recipe worked.

Yep.. that is where my life is at. The high points are marked by a when get a good fry recipe.

Awesome! I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #189
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have been craving a Peruvian dish we always at at La Carretta in Utah...so I found a recipe like it and made it tonight..It was awesome!

Saltado de Pollo
  • 1 lb of chicken breasts, sliced into strips about 1 1/2 inches long
  • 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into eighths or wedges (separate the layers)
  • 1 lb potatoes, peeled and cut for French fries or 1 package of frozen Yukon gold French fries (Regular size fries, not shoestring)
  • 2 tsp Aji sauce (see recipe below)
  • 3-4 firm tomatoes, cut into eighths (I've tried both Roma and beefsteak and I prefer the way beefsteak holds up)
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • juice of half a lemon
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • vegetable oil for stir-frying
  • 4 servings rice
Directions:
  1. Start the rice when you starting cutting up the chicken and let it stand covered until everything is ready. Cook the fries first and then do the stir-fry. I usually pop frozen fries in the oven while I'm stir-frying the chicken.
  2. Cook the rice
  3. Cook the french fries and set aside
  4. Heal the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside. (The chicken cooks better when I stir-fry in small batches at a time. My pan turns into a black mess so I'll clean up or use another pan before I move on to the veggies)
  5. Lower heat to medium-high setting and add some oil to the pan. Add onions and saute until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes
  6. Add the aji, tomatoes, some of the parsley, soy sauce, balsalmic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes have softened, about 2 minutes. Then add the lemon juice.
  7. Add chicken and toss gently. Taste and adjust seasonings.
  8. Add french fries and toss gently.
  9. Serve over rice and sprinkle with parlsey. I put the aji sauce in to a squeeze bottle and add more to my liking.
Aji Sauce
This stuff is delicious with bread or pretty much anything. It's so yummy
  • 1/4 head of lettuce, torn into pieces (I've only used iceberg, but romaine is another choice. Iceberg will mellow out the spice)
  • 3 jalapeno chiles, seeds and veins removed
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 5 green onions
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 5 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic (I prefer fresh garlic, but I love garlic so adjust to your taste)
Directions:
  1. Put all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Add a little chicken broth (about 1/4 cup to get the ingredients to blend well).
Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #190
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for posting that! Saw your post on FB that you were making it and was going to ask for the recipe.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I have one large ham.. recipies?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #192
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I have one large ham.. recipies?

Crockpot it will fit in?

If so, take 2 cups Brown Sugar...pack it on the bottom of the crockpot, place the ham on top of it, add 1 cup of water and cook....
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #193
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for posting that! Saw your post on FB that you were making it and was going to ask for the recipe.

Your welcome...It was a great dish, I had 2 helpings, my kids ate all theirs which they won't do with onions normally.

The Aji sauce I have been looking for that recipe alone for years, I have finally found it..and it's great to use for anything as a dip or spread.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #194
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Crockpot it will fit in?

If so, take 2 cups Brown Sugar...pack it on the bottom of the crockpot, place the ham on top of it, add 1 cup of water and cook....

Thanks, I believe it's too big for even our largest crock pot, but it's worth a shot.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #195
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

What are you looking to do with the ham? Breakfast/brunch? Easter dinner? Something else?

/tk
Old 04-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #196
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What are you looking to do with the ham? Breakfast/brunch? Easter dinner? Something else?

/tk

Easter dinner. I found a recipe on foodnetwork.com that should work nicely.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #197
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tonight's Dinner:

Tip! Roll your crust really thin for an even larger and crispier pizza... or don't and enjoy a thicker and fluffier pizza bottom!

Ingredients:
1 package Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust refrigerated dough
6 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
1/2 cup regular, lite, or fat-free mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. dry ranch seasoning mix
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 plum tomatoes, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Roll out dough on the sheet into a large rectangle of even thickness.

Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Once cool enough to handle, crumble or chop and set aside.

In a bowl, combine mayo with ranch mix and mix well. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled pizza crust. Evenly top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cooked bacon.

Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #198
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Looks tasty.
Only downside is that I bet it doesn't reheat/store well, with the lettuce.

/tk
Old 04-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #199
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks tasty.
Only downside is that I bet it doesn't reheat/store well, with the lettuce.

/tk

Yeah, probably a one and done meal.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #200
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Here is mine.. yummy!