Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #151
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Colts timeout? Interesting... I don't think I would have used that with Folk as the Jets kicker
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #152
Danny
Head Coach

Dumb timeout
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That could have been offensive PI.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #154
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Absolutely.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #155
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And thats teh Colts saying goodbye

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #156
PilotMan
Head Coach

Good grief.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #157
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Maybe before Bill Polian had the rules changed to protect his wide recievers more. Whoops.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #158
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Didn't think we'd get the win, but we'll take it.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sanchez made 2 big throws when he needed to but it doesn't change the fact he was dreadful a good portion of the game.

FWIW I was rooting for the Jets and glad they won.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #160
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

wow....tomorrow's games have a tough act to follow
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #161
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Old 01-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #162
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Fuckin' Jets and that loudmouth coach.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #163
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Bill Belichick vs Rex Ryan. Fuck. They can't both lose, can they?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #164
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

not suprising. manning loses in the playoffs every year. he didnt have Sanders to carry them.

why do the Colts always underachieve in the playoffs. they are always in it, homefeild advantage. yet always go out losing only scoring 14 or so points. if manning was so great would get more than 1 td drive a playoff game
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 PM   #165
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Ugh, the Patriots and Jets will be playing next weekend, my two least favorite teams. At least one of them will lose I suppose.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #166
rowech
Pro Starter

The last few years are continuing to show that the idea of homefield advantage in the playoffs is not nearly as big of a deal as people think it is.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #167
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
This game is over. Colts lost.

fixed.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #168
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
not suprising. manning loses in the playoffs every year. he didnt have Sanders to carry them.

why do the Colts always underachieve in the playoffs. they are always in it, homefeild advantage. yet always go out losing only scoring 14 or so points. if manning was so great would get more than 1 td drive a playoff game

It has nothing to do with the defense letting the Jets have 2 drives over 8 minutes in the 2nd half.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #169
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Old 01-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #170
spleen1015
Coordinator

I want to see someone challenge Revis. They didn't throw in his direction all game long. He left the inside routes open all day. Throw that shit over there.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #171
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post

If this was in Foxborough someone would have called security on that guy leading the chants and he would have been kicked out and lost his season tickets(if he has them).

Gillette sucks.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:58 AM   #172
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

Manning had a 108.7 QB rating for the game. I think it's kind of hard to really point blame at him considering it was the Colts D that gave up the game winning drive and gave up 169 yards rushing. The Colts themselves had a mere 3.4 yards per carry as well so it's not like they were helping Manning. This isn't a vintage Colts team either. Even with getting some players back, they still are rather banged up. The Colts offensive isn't exactly been known for being innovative. It's been beaten around the bush that the Colts run a rather vanilla offense. See the Saints defensive game plan that had them changing up how they attacked the offense and how it eventually got to Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
The last few years are continuing to show that the idea of homefield advantage in the playoffs is not nearly as big of a deal as people think it is.

Seattle might not win if they were on the road. I don't think it was surprising at all for the Jets to win. However, the Sports Guy has covered the issue of the newer stadiums lacking home field advantage and the Colts are one good example of a team that has a harder time now playing at home.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #173
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I want to see someone challenge Revis. They didn't throw in his direction all game long. He left the inside routes open all day. Throw that shit over there.

No.

Continue to roll in the cash going against the WR on Revis island and build an empire.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Revis Island is overrated. Maybe it was during the first half or so, I can't remember, but he had safety help 40% of the time.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #175
MIJB#19
Coordinator

In the 2010 regular season the home teams went 143-113 for winning 55.9% of the time. Home field advantage usually is around that 5/9th mark, so that sounds like the 2010 regular season has been right on par. With 256 games, that's a decent enough sample size (I think) to say that everything appears to be the same old.

For the playoffs, I tracked back through the first season with 12 teams in the playoffs (1989 regular season) and since then the home teams went 142-68 for winning 67.6% of the time. But I think that puts apples and oranges in the same basket, as the league format changed per the 2002 regular season from 6 to 8 divisions (ignoring other factors for a bit) and it shows as half of the 5th seeds since 2002 had a better record than the 4th seed they faced (before 2002 the 4th seed always was a wild card team with an equal or better record than the 5th seed).

If we're only tracking playoff games through the 2002/2003 season, we'll see a 48-32 record for the home teams (that's 60.0%). In 59 games the home team had a better regular season record, in 12 games those records were the same and in 9 games the road team had a better record. I think looking any deeper will be tricky, due to sample size issues. 80 games is small enough as it is, but that's all that there is to measure.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-09-2011 at 09:32 AM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #176
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Two things still but me about the second to last play in last night's game (seeing the replays and it still bugs me).

First, poorly missed offensive pass interference call on that play. He shoves the defender out of the picture to get open.

Second, the clock should have stopped. It was a catch as his feet/ knees came down in bounds but then hit upper body lands out of bounds, hence he is out of bounds and the clock should stop. It doesn't matter that he feet and knees were in bounds at that point as he was not touched so the play was not over when his knee came down, it should have been over when he hit out of bounds (hence the clock should have stopped).

The second issues means they need to either run another play (and as we know anything can still happen) or kick with enough time left to give the Colts possibly a couple plays.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #177
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sanchez made 2 big throws when he needed to but it doesn't change the fact he was dreadful a good portion of the game.

FWIW I was rooting for the Jets and glad they won.

Sanchez is a hack.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #178
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The second issues means they need to either run another play (and as we know anything can still happen) or kick with enough time left to give the Colts possibly a couple plays.

With a timeout in their pocket, the Jets could have just victory formation kneeled the next snap and called the timeout at 2 seconds.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What am I missing about celebrating a championship? When does body slamming a buddy become a good way to celebrate?

(sorry, that part of the commercial bugs the crap out of me)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #180
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Manning had a 108.7 QB rating for the game. I think it's kind of hard to really point blame at him considering it was the Colts D that gave up the game winning drive and gave up 169 yards rushing. The Colts themselves had a mere 3.4 yards per carry as well so it's not like they were helping Manning. This isn't a vintage Colts team either. Even with getting some players back, they still are rather banged up. The Colts offensive isn't exactly been known for being innovative. It's been beaten around the bush that the Colts run a rather vanilla offense. See the Saints defensive game plan that had them changing up how they attacked the offense and how it eventually got to Manning.

Seattle might not win if they were on the road. I don't think it was surprising at all for the Jets to win. However, the Sports Guy has covered the issue of the newer stadiums lacking home field advantage and the Colts are one good example of a team that has a harder time now playing at home.

Exactly. Yes, I'm a Colts fan, but you can't blame that game on Manning at all. He did everything you needed him to do considering the Jets didn't blitz much but fell back into coverage to stop the pass. The only fault with the passing game was the reluctance to pass to Wayne (He was livid post-game) because I think the slant route and drag route he is good at was there last night.

Manning was on target. Trouble was, offensively, that the Jets dared the Colts to run. They were decent, but not as dominating as they had been in the last few weeks. Overall, though, the offense did enough to win the game. No Clark, Collie, Diem, and basically a non-factor Wayne...yeah, they did enough.

Special Teams lost this game followed closely by the defense. If the Colts field that last kick inside at least the 30, they win. Sanchez wasn't going to bring them back.

I had no illusions this year's Colts team was going anywhere. 18 guys ended up on IR including the starting TE, best slot receiver, projected starting wideout, both starting corners, both starting outside linebackers, 2 safeties, and then going into the game they scratched the starting RT and DT. They weren't going anywhere.

But they should have won that game. Damn ST and Defense.

Now, observation about the Jets. Defensively they are solid, but the Pats may find some areas to exploit. The Colts passed the ball well targeting just 3 receivers (Garcon, Tamme, and White). The Pats will have a lot more to throw at them.

Offensively, they looked great in the 2nd half and Ryan needs to do the same thing in New England. Pound it and hope the game doesn't fall into the hands of Sanchez. He looked horrible in the first half and only settled down when the run game took some pressure off.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #181
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
With a timeout in their pocket, the Jets could have just victory formation kneeled the next snap and called the timeout at 2 seconds.

Not with Rex Ryan as their coach...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #182
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The Colts-Jets game did a 20.8 rating. Highest in 20 years for a Saturday night Wild Card game.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #183
bhlloy
Coordinator

Todd Haley is an idiot. Why in gods name would you challenge that? Even if it wasn't obviously a first down, it wasn't that big a play 10 minutes into the game
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #184
kingfc22
Head Coach

I wish Wild Card weekend was every week. This level of play is always fun to watch.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Chiefs self destructing
Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #186
kingfc22
Head Coach

KC needs to protect the damn ball.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #187
kingfc22
Head Coach

Chiefs need special teams or Charles to provide another big play to get them back in this. I don't see them grinding it out the way Baltimore is playing defense right now.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.
kingfc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #188
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Chiefs are who we thought they were?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #189
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just piling on at this point.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #190
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

The Fat lady has started to sing...
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #191
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And there it is.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #192
AFShadow
n00b

Geez Steelers Ravens Pats and Jets are the four AFC teams left which is also the four teams I hate the most.
AFShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #193
kingfc22
Head Coach

That is horrible awareness on Underwood's part. That just cannot happen especially in a playoff game.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #194
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm rather surprised they let Philly keep that, I'd have thought for sure they'd have ruled he was pushed into the ball.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #195
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

GB with the early mistake.
Eagles punting, but GB player touched the ball incidentally.
Eagles ball.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #197
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Even one of the best kickers couldn't make that into the wind.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #198
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I'm rather surprised they let Philly keep that, I'd have thought for sure they'd have ruled he was pushed into the ball.

Yeah. At the very least they should've blown the ball dead before Underwood was dragged onto the ball. Weird call, but then again Underwood had no business being where he was.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Yeah. At the very least they should've blown the ball dead before Underwood was dragged onto the ball.

The ball was still in motion, albeit just rocking, so that is why it wasn't blown dead.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 01-09-2011 at 03:53 PM.
kingfc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #200
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Jennings needs to catch that ball. That drop most likely cost the Pack at least 3 points.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote