Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #151
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Auburn gets 2 players ejected on separate plays, both for throwing punches. You'd think that being up by 18 would cool your temper.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #152
cmp
Pro Rookie

Way to win with class there Auburn.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #153
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think their record would be about what UGA's is right now. The broadcasters quoted one of their players saying "people talk about trick plays, but we don't have trick plays. This is our offense." And it is. This isn't like Urban Myers system. There is almost no system to it. It is how many mis-directions can we do. The only reason it works is Cam Newton. He can make every throw, he can move the pile with his body, he can make anything possible. A regular running QB, or a pocket passr type, would be killed trying to do the things he does.
They scored 34 points per game last year (25ppg in SEC play) with what, Kodi Burns at QB? Malzahn's offense worked phenomenally well at Tulsa, and he was running a lot of it at Arkansas (the popularization of the Wildcat/Wild Hog) when they got out to an 8-0/9-0 start before Nutt went on his power trip. Yes it relies heavily on misdirection, but its value is in that you have to account for every player as a run/pass option, creating 1 on 1's because it forces defenses to stay at home on their assignment, and open lanes when they try to swarm the football. Newton is the perfect player that turns it from very good to superior, but it still works without him.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #154
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Horrible day for TCU - allowing SDSU to come back within 5, Utah getting smoked at ND and Oregon State losing badly to Washington State. They could really use a Baylor win tonight.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #155
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

On the game winning TD pass Dan Persa blew out his Achilles tendon and is out for the year.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #156
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I don't think I've ever seen that before. California's kicker made a short field goal but was called for a false start, he did some kind of stutter step during the snap. Having to kick again, he missed. Oregon still leads 15-13 early in the fourth quarter.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Cal's defense looks like they're matching the tempo of Oregon, that seems to be the key I guess.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-13-2010 at 09:19 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #158
Galaxy
Coordinator

I don't why Cal turned out the 10-yard penalty. I get the thinking, but seems like you want those extra 10 yards.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #159
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I don't why Cal turned out the 10-yard penalty. I get the thinking, but seems like you want those extra 10 yards.

My only question would be "Does the clock stop if we accept the penalty?" If the clock runs after the penalty is accepted, then the game is nearly over. I am pretty sure it stops, so it would be a tough call yet even then. Oregon was nearly unstoppable on that last drive so I am not sure it would have mattered.

I am pissed that ASU had so many chances and just absolutely choked it away against Stanford. A win like that helps the Badgers out big time. Obviously a Cal win helps, too.. Then all the Badgers would have had to do is jump LSU, Boise and TCU... Ah, well. It's been an interesting season to date. No real dominant teams so far this year other than Oregon on occasion. Auburn's defense isn't good enough, which might not matter. TCU and BSU are TCU and BSU; same as usual.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #160
tarcone
Coordinator

As exciting as last season was, this season is equally disappointing.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #161
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

More time would drain from the clock. I'd rather have the time. You run the extra time redoing the 2nd down play and then the third down play as opposed to just running the 3rd down play.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #162
Jas_lov
College Starter

Wasn't there only about 1:35 left when the penalty occurred? So they accept the penalty, Oregon runs on 2nd and 3rd downs and the game is essentially over. The time was the key, not the 10 yards.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #163
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Just wow. 55 yarder by FSU to win the game with :03 to play. That thing was good from 70.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #164
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

So glad we beat Clumpson.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #165
Izulde
Head Coach

UNLV up 28-13 early in the third vs Wyoming in a battle of sad sack Mountain West teams.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #166
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas's offense is as sad sack as I've ever seen.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #167
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This is the kind of stuff I think makes the ol' ball coach kind of an entertaining curmudgeon at this stage of his career.

Spurrier acknowledged that he orchestrated part of the celebration in the closing seconds. He whispered in an assistant's ear, then removed his headset and electronic equipment.

The assistant talked to players, who then doused Spurrier with -- what else? -- Gatorade. Several others carried Spurrier toward midfield after the clock hit zero.

"We haven't had many championships," Spurrier said. "We had to coach them up a little bit. But we never talked about it until the game was over."
Old 11-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #168
Izulde
Head Coach

42-16 UNLV clobbers the Pokes. At least we won't get stuck with just 1 win all year.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #169
Suicane75
Coordinator

Horrible last drive from Fresno State there. It almost looked like they were conceding the frigging game.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #170
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Wasn't there only about 1:35 left when the penalty occurred? So they accept the penalty, Oregon runs on 2nd and 3rd downs and the game is essentially over. The time was the key, not the 10 yards.
+1. -1 to the announcers for questioning it, then minus another 1 for praising Chip Kelly for not running up the score by kneeling down instead of attempting to go for a TD.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:48 AM   #171
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Horrible day for TCU - allowing SDSU to come back within 5, Utah getting smoked at ND and Oregon State losing badly to Washington State. They could really use a Baylor win tonight.
Yeah, the ND game really hurt. But SDSU is actually a pretty good team. Not a big surprise that it was a little close.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #172
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
"We haven't had many championships," Spurrier said. "We had to coach them up a little bit. But we never talked about it until the game was over."[/i]

I know it's at least winning the SEC East, but it's not even an actual conference title.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #173
timmynausea
College Starter

Here's a quick recap of the WVU-Cincy game:

timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #174
kingfc22
Head Coach

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ded/?related=1

Three Southern Miss players shot, critically wounded

Posted by John Taylor on November 14, 2010, 10:44 AM EST
Based on the sobering headline above, it goes without saying that Southern Miss’ upset win over No. 25 Central Florida is the very last thing on the Conference USA school’s mind.

While the details are very sketchy right now, a Mississippi State television station is reporting that three Golden Eagles were seriously wounded in a shooting early Sunday morning. The players, whose names are not yet known, are all in critical condition, WDAM-TV is reporting.

The school has refused to comment on the report, but head coach Larry Fedora and several members of the football program have been seen at a local hospital throughout the morning.

According to the station, the incident that led to the shootings began inside Remington’s Hunt Club in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, at around 1:20 local time this morning. The incident spilled outside, where the three football players were reportedly shot.

No arrests have been made in the shootings.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:38 PM   #175
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Vegas needs to run out a line on whether Wisky's basketball team will top 83 points in even one game this year. My guess is no, short of overtime/regulation.

Took all of one game.

edit: 86 and counting with 4+ to go.

Last edited by mauchow : 11-14-2010 at 06:46 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #176
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
So glad we beat Clumpson.

Congrats on the win, read the recap havent had a chance to watch the game yet.

Finding it necessary to prove your "dominance" by intentionally mis spelling your opposition's name, and not even doing it phonetically shows how far FSU has fallen.

Deion, Dunn, Ward et.al. didn't make fun of your name, they just celebrated while you watched. Then again getting drubbed all over your home field by a team with exactly 5 total upperclassmen starters and squeaking out a victor IS cause for celebration in Tallahassee these days.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 PM   #177
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas announces that Tre Newton is having to give up football due to repeated concussions.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #178
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Finding it necessary to prove your "dominance" by intentionally mis spelling your opposition's name, and not even doing it phonetically shows how far FSU has fallen.

Deion, Dunn, Ward et.al. didn't make fun of your name, they just celebrated while you watched. Then again getting drubbed all over your home field by a team with exactly 5 total upperclassmen starters and squeaking out a victor IS cause for celebration in Tallahassee these days.

You're talking about noop here. He's not all of us. Although, I do thank your team for continuing to refuse to do something about their special teams issues. I thought that was just the previous coach's problem, but apparently not. Amazing.

I'm surprised we won. I'm not sure if it says more about the state of the ACC or FSU that this team is 2 plays from being 9-1 and probably ranked in the top 8, considering how shaky/bad they've looked in the last 4 games. Dana Bible completely exposed the D in the NC State game and UNC and Clemson both worked from the exact same script. Third down D has been horrendous the past month. Early on the penalties and stupid plays seemed to be down from the Bowden years, but the past month has been bad. Old habits are hard to break, I guess.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #179
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, Swinney has 1 more year to turn the corner and then he will be history, the AD is about to take the fall for him it seems.

this team is not good, but they are young and have a top 5-10 class coming in. I think the future is bright, but I have made no secrets that I have major insights into the program as long as the current HC is there...I really don't want to star over and not sure I could at this point.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #180
MJ4H
Coordinator

"End is Near For Cam Newton and Auburn Nov 15th, 2010
Sources close to OffshoreInsiders.com are assuring us that the hammer will come down hard on Cam Newton and Auburn. Furthermore, we are ready to state it will happen likely sooner than later.

Though there was little doubt that Cam “Fig” Newton would get whacked, there was some hope at AU that Cecil Newton would get amnesia and the Tiger program would be spared serious punishment, claiming they were caught in the crossfire.

Our source went so far as to promise that Auburn will get as severe of a punishment ever handed out by the NCAA, “other than SMU.”

All records will be expunged from the record books.

OffshoreInsiders.com reported the Wade Phillips firing hours before the lamestream media and also reported that there was plenty of fire behind the Cam Newton smoke when the lamestream media was proceeding with caution.

“The facts are he stole a laptop (or bought a stolen laptop), cheated on his exams at Florida. He’s no boy scout,” said our source.

However, knowing little bloodshed cannot be stopped by keeping Newton out of the Iron Bowl or SEC Championship, it’s not likely that Auburn will keep him out. They are forcing the NCAA hand.

“Look for it to effect the (Iron Bowl and or SEC Championship game) odds by 4-6 points,” said Brian Kayma of Lines-Maker.com."
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #181
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
"End is Near For Cam Newton and Auburn Nov 15th, 2010
Sources close to OffshoreInsiders.com are assuring us that the hammer will come down hard on Cam Newton and Auburn. Furthermore, we are ready to state it will happen likely sooner than later.

Though there was little doubt that Cam “Fig” Newton would get whacked, there was some hope at AU that Cecil Newton would get amnesia and the Tiger program would be spared serious punishment, claiming they were caught in the crossfire.

Our source went so far as to promise that Auburn will get as severe of a punishment ever handed out by the NCAA, “other than SMU.”

All records will be expunged from the record books.

OffshoreInsiders.com reported the Wade Phillips firing hours before the lamestream media and also reported that there was plenty of fire behind the Cam Newton smoke when the lamestream media was proceeding with caution.

“The facts are he stole a laptop (or bought a stolen laptop), cheated on his exams at Florida. He’s no boy scout,” said our source.

However, knowing little bloodshed cannot be stopped by keeping Newton out of the Iron Bowl or SEC Championship, it’s not likely that Auburn will keep him out. They are forcing the NCAA hand.

“Look for it to effect the (Iron Bowl and or SEC Championship game) odds by 4-6 points,” said Brian Kayma of Lines-Maker.com."

If the source had a site that wasn't one step from a Geocities site back in the day, I might actually buy into this. If he's sitting, it's more than 4-6 points.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
If the source had a site that wasn't one step from a Geocities site back in the day, I might actually buy into this. If he's sitting, it's more than 4-6 points.

It he's sitting, they might not score more than 6 points.

edit to add: The only thing missing from that post was a quote from a Nigerian lawyer.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-15-2010 at 10:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #183
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I laughed about that too. It's not the only place I saw that last night. Lots of places were abuzz so I just grabbed one tidbit and pasted it. We shall see, I guess.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #184
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post

Wow, what insiders. I hear they're also reporting that Brad Childress might be in trouble.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #185
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Wow, what insiders. I hear they're also reporting that Brad Childress might be in trouble.

I'm sure they will even claim he's going to be fired so they can claim to be ahead of the lamestream media again. It's nice to see they use a derogatory term for their competitors just like all other quality media outlets I know. Their postings come across as something one of my former coworkers writes in a attempt to be a wanna be sportswriter.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #186
Ksyrup

There's not a Cam Newton thread to discuss the ongoing saga on a weekly basis, is there? Has anyone seen the latest not-officially-reported "news" about this? It seems to be making the rounds on a bunch of messageboards and none of the major news orgs are reporting it, even as a "sources tell us"-type tagline, so I don't know what, if anything, will come out of it, but... this is the general story from one of ht typical threads out there that seem to be burning up the internet at the moment.

Quote:
FBI found out about Cam before the NCAA did while wiretapping Milton McGregor and others related to the casino/bingo indictments. They uncovered conversations with McGregor, Auburn and Cam's uncle in Michigan. McGregor paid $250K to the uncle through a PAC and other hidden entities and the uncle funneled the money to Cecil.

The FBI gave this information to the NCAA sometime after the indictments were handed down. They had to sit on the information for 6 months until the grand jury indicted the men and women in the gambling deal. All of the wiretap information was sealed and that is why the delay in investigating. The NCAA had to go to Miss St to see if Cecil had solicited money from them as well. That is why Miss St is involved. They are basically connecting all of the dots. Miss St may be cleared because they told Cecil no. He then went to Auburn. The offer was on the table from McGregor but Cam wanted to play at Miss St and not Auburn. When Miss St declined to pay him, he went to where the money was... hence the comment, "The money was too much." The FBI met with the Miss St coaches, John Bond and Bill Bell today to get their official statements.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #187
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

Right. I can not stand Clemson at all so whatever. Please do not act like you've never taken swipes at Florida State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You're talking about noop here. He's not all of us. Although, I do thank your team for continuing to refuse to do something about their special teams issues. I thought that was just the previous coach's problem, but apparently not. Amazing.

I'm surprised we won. I'm not sure if it says more about the state of the ACC or FSU that this team is 2 plays from being 9-1 and probably ranked in the top 8, considering how shaky/bad they've looked in the last 4 games. Dana Bible completely exposed the D in the NC State game and UNC and Clemson both worked from the exact same script. Third down D has been horrendous the past month. Early on the penalties and stupid plays seemed to be down from the Bowden years, but the past month has been bad. Old habits are hard to break, I guess.

Right.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #188
Ksyrup

Well, here we go - TMZ is reportingthe McGregor/Newton tie-in. We're only 3 degrees away from a validly reported story!

FBI's Cam Newton Probe Expands to Auburn University Booster | TMZ.com
Old 11-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #189
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

McGregor is a giant douche.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #190
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Right. I can not stand Clemson at all so whatever. Please do not act like you've never taken swipes at Florida State.

I've taken plenty of shots.
I think it was embarrassing the way they treated the man that literally turned them from a community college, to a worldwide known brand.
I think his discipline was a joke.
I think Jimbo will be a failure in due time.
I think their heyday is over.

I do not find it necessary to call them elementary names.
Free Shoes University
Criminoles
etc.
etc.
etc
You have heard them all...I condemn it on our rivals board when it is posted, it is not funny, childish and a pet peeve.

By the same token, I take great offense to people making fun of my name as well or the name of my company. Guess its just my thing.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #191
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think it was embarrassing the way they treated the man that literally turned them from a community college, to a worldwide known brand.

Free Shoes University
Criminoles
etc.
etc.
etc
You have heard them all...I condemn it on our rivals board when it is posted, it is not funny, childish and a pet peeve.

By the same token, I take great offense to people making fun of my name as well or the name of my company. Guess its just my thing.

That was probably the most shit I've ever heard Florida State take in one post.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #192
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

what better lamestream media or TRASHPRESS!?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #193
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

Free Shoes University
Criminoles
etc.
etc.
etc

You forgot one thing.

Jimbo is 1-0 versus Clumpson as Head Coach see you next year.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #194
Ksyrup

I don't understand why so many people think Jimbo will fail. He's been great in every position he's been in, he's a Saban disciple, and he's implementing changes to FSU that should have been made 10 years ago. I don't see how he can't be better than they've experienced since the turn of the century. I doubt anyone's going to be top 5 for 14 straight years again, but consistent 10 win seasons - why not? Look at the recruiting class he's putting together right now - top 5, and that's with a ton of linemen, who usually are rated below skill players.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-17-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #195
Atocep
Coordinator

Looks like the poster on the Rivals mainboard that I mentioned earlier was correct.

Mississippi State Bulldogs booster Bill Bell says he received payment plan for Cam Newton, QB of Auburn Tigers - ESPN

Quote:
Bell said he told the NCAA that Rogers sent him a text message outlining a payment schedule. Bell said the text included a request for $80,000 the day after Cam Newton signed with Mississippi State, $50,000 30 days after that and another $50,000 30 days later.

"When he asked for it, it was like 'Bam!'" Bell said. "He told me this kid's dad is going to want money and the next day he sent me a text message. He didn't say anything other than 'This is what I want and I want it in three installments.'"

Bell said he kept Rogers' text message on his old cell phone, which was damaged by water, but he is currently trying to retrieve the text message through his cell service provider.

Bell also said he has recordings of several voice mail messages from Rogers, which he played for NCAA investigators.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:57 PM   #196
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I don't know how much is true, but at the least a comprehensive breakdown of Auburn and pay for play history - As the Plains Burn......(Updated 11-17) - SEC Football - TigerDroppings.com

EDIT - wow. I was on post 2 when I posted this here, and just got done. Message board rumors almost always overshoot, but if even the potential for loss of accreditation is there this dwarfs USC or any other scandal since the Big 8.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-18-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 AM   #197
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't know how much is true, but at the least a comprehensive breakdown of Auburn and pay for play history - As the Plains Burn......(Updated 11-17) - SEC Football - TigerDroppings.com

It's one of those things that even if half of the stuff that is getting pointed to is true, there's going to be a lot of carnage to come out of it.

Here's a decent article that got referenced in the message board thread.

Plenty of Loose Threads Left in Cam Newton Case - Team Speed Kills
Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #198
Atocep
Coordinator

This is the stuff that's been discussed on Rivals today and explains why the FBI is involved. If any of that is true Auburn is looking at the death penalty and Alabama will very likely get pulled into the investigation as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #199
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This is the stuff that's been discussed on Rivals today and explains why the FBI is involved. If any of that is true Auburn is looking at the death penalty and Alabama will very likely get pulled into the investigation as well.

I haven't read the "epic" thread initial postings, so how does 'Bama get pulled into this unless we are talking old stuff?

Last edited by Matthean : 11-18-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #200
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I haven't read the "epic" thread initial postings, so how does 'Bama get pulled into this unless we are talking old stuff?

What was being discussed there was money being funneled through Casinos to boosters for both Alabama and Auburn to pay recruits.