Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #151
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Yul needs to order a hit on Jeff.

Yeah for real. It seems he is trying to sow so discontent among the jury with the whole hat thing. Which was totally blown out of proportion by Jeff. I think the show's producers see that with Yul having the immunity idol and Becky on his side it is very unlikely he doesn't walk to the final two if not the million.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-16-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #152
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think this season, Jeffy's been a little more unbiased than previous seasons...however, that's not saying much.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #153
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. I was like -- "It's just a hat, folks."
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #154
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Yul needs to order a hit on Jeff.

I think Yul could have handled it better. When he raised his hand, instead of admitting to the play for sympathy, he could have said:

"I didn't tell the jury I brought the hat. I put it down and walked away without saying a word. If you hadn't told them I brought the hat, Jeff, how would I have gained any sympathy points with the jury? Jonathan would have been happy to have his hat back, but would not have had any idea that it was anything but the entire tribe giving it back to him. The only reason I'm getting any sympathy points from Jonathan is because you told him I did it."

or alternately:

"I may have been the one who carried it, but one of us had to. The whole tribe thought Jonathan should have his hat back."

But I prefer #1.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:44 AM   #155
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

And seriously, if Yul didn't bring it, one of the other douchebags would have. Well, maybe not Adam.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #156
saldana
Pro Starter

in case you didnt see, there was an article on TV guide.com earlier in the week confirming that it is a final 3 this year instead of a final 2, with 9 on the jury...they gave some more hints about who the 3 are, but i dont want to post them here.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 AM   #157
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
in case you didnt see...

Thanks for the spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #158
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Thanks for the spoiler.

OMG, spoilers inside a thread titled "Spoilers Inside"....oh the humanity.....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #159
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
OMG, spoilers inside a thread titled "Spoilers Inside"....oh the humanity.....

This is not the kind of spoilers I expect in a TV thread. They should be warned about specifically.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 12-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #160
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for the spoiler.

What spoiler? The spoiler that it's a final three, not a final two? Come on now, that's been the speculation for a while now...ever since the first person was voted to the jury. I don't think that that is much of a spoiler, if at all. It's not like saldana said, "It's x, y, and z who are the final three."

I believe on the previews they advertised three tribal councils. There are five left, so unless there's a double elim for one of them my math puts it at three people going for the win.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #161
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What spoiler? The spoiler that it's a final three, not a final two? Come on now, that's been the speculation for a while now...ever since the first person was voted to the jury. I don't think that that is much of a spoiler, if at all. It's not like saldana said, "It's x, y, and z who are the final three."

I believe on the previews they advertised three tribal councils. There are five left, so unless there's a double elim for one of them my math puts it at three people going for the win.

Speculation and statement of fact are very different.

I'm sorry, this is clearly a spoiler that has not been announced on the show.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #162
Joe
Pro Starter

this forum needs spoiler tags that hide text like other forums use.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #163
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I was getting ready to flame wade for being a giant pussy, seeing as how the title of the thread is pretty clear ( to the English speaking populace, anyway) in indicating that spoilers are inside.

However, if someone had posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Asshat
Hey! I read dat Jonathan is teh winnar! ZOMG!
I admit I'd be pretty pissed off.

So there are spoilers in sense that after a show airs, we chat about the results, but not everyone has watched the show. Ergo, the latecomers get spoiled.

And, there are spoilers in the traditional sense that some people post stuff that hasn't happened yet.

THAT shit needs to be clearly indicated - with the old "SPOILER ALERT" and 40 blank lines.

So I feel your pain, wade. You are 100% correctamundo.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #164
wade moore
lolzcat

Thank you for explaining better what I could not explain.

The funny thing is, this is no different than what jb did in the Heroes thread (Confirming something that is going to happen as fact that many others have speculated was going to happen - ironically from TVGUIDE also).. and people completely FLAMED him for it.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 09:36 AM   #165
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe it's the audience for Heroes on FOFC is quite larger compared to the audience for Survivor on FOFC. Also, I don't believe the Heroes thread had the *spoilers* disclaimer in the title.

*shrug*

That being said, I'll be happy as long as Adam doesn't win. I want Yul or Ozzy to pull it out, but I would be okay with Becky or Sundra winning it.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:25 AM   #166
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Maybe it's the audience for Heroes on FOFC is quite larger compared to the audience for Survivor on FOFC. Also, I don't believe the Heroes thread had the *spoilers* disclaimer in the title.

*shrug*

That being said, I'll be happy as long as Adam doesn't win. I want Yul or Ozzy to pull it out, but I would be okay with Becky or Sundra winning it.

It's weird.. I really want Ozzy to win, I'm liking Yul a little less than I used to, but there's really no one left that I would be upset if they won.. I actually think I'd rather Adam than Sundra as I think she was very much "right place at the right time" and that's about it...

Adam I don't particularly like, but I don't dislike him and if he finds a way with the odds he has now to make it to the end, good for him.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 10:37 AM   #167
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Adam and Parvarti should've been strategizing a lot better than they did.

All they needed to do was convince one of the other tribe to vote for someone else, and that someone else should've been Ozzie! Once Yul started 'thinkin' about Ozzie, Adam should've thrown it back to Ozzie and they could've just voted for Yul to get him to use his not-hidden immunity and taken out the next person in line, which still would've been Parvarti, but it at least opens up the game for everyone at that point.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #168
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the spoiler.

after reading through the ensuing discussions, i apologize for my post, i really didnt think it was much of a true spoiler considering that the finale was only 2 days away, there are 4 people left, and the preview for the show said there were 2 tribal councils...that to me left no doubt it was going to be a final 3, so i didnt really think about what i was posting as ruining anything.

to wade, todd and anyone else i truly spoiled for, i honestly am sorry about that.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #169
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
after reading through the ensuing discussions, i apologize for my post, i really didnt think it was much of a true spoiler considering that the finale was only 2 days away, there are 4 people left, and the preview for the show said there were 2 tribal councils...that to me left no doubt it was going to be a final 3, so i didnt really think about what i was posting as ruining anything.

to wade, todd and anyone else i truly spoiled for, i honestly am sorry about that.

5 people left
Old 12-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #170
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

FWIW, I can see where you thought it was an ok thing to post. I just disagree.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #171
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
FWIW, I can see where you thought it was an ok thing to post. I just disagree.

i do see you point, thats why i apologized...i would have done so sooner, but i thought you were being sarcastic at first....kind of saying "thanks for pointing out the obvious"....i havent been back on the board since then and didnt sse the ongoing conversation until now.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #172
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It's weird.. I really want Ozzy to win, I'm liking Yul a little less than I used to, but there's really no one left that I would be upset if they won.. I actually think I'd rather Adam than Sundra as I think she was very much "right place at the right time" and that's about it...

Adam I don't particularly like, but I don't dislike him and if he finds a way with the odds he has now to make it to the end, good for him.

Speaking of Adam...

Poster Double Edged Sword at Survivor Sucks brought up this similarity as well as this one with Candice:

Old 12-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #173
General Mike
Pro Starter

Spoiler Alert

That Firemaking challange was the most ridiculously pathetic thing I have ever seen on this show.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #174
Jas_lov
College Starter

I wanted Ozzy to win, but Yul is a good choice too. Becky blew any slight chance she had at that fire challenge and probably wouldn't have gotten a vote anyway. At least with a final 3 vote instead of a final 2 they both got a chance at it and there wasn't some fluke challenge that kept one of them out like what happened to Terry a couple seasons ago. Great season all around.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #175
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I'm totally down with this final 3 idea. I don't know how the heck they would break a tie, but the strong player/total goat blowout final 2 scenarios were becoming very tiresome. It will be harder to take two goats into the finals with you than just one. And there have been so many third place finishers in this show's history that actually played stronger games than their seasons' winners.

I wish Ozzy had won, but it's difficult for me to get too worked up about this season, as watching obscure Hollywood bit actors battle for a million bucks is less interesting than watching regular people do the same. The lesson, as always, in this game and in life in general -- people fall for politician schtick at an alarmingly high rate. Congrats Yul, I guess.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM   #176
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
I'm totally down with this final 3 idea. I don't know how the heck they would break a tie, but the strong player/total goat blowout final 2 scenarios were becoming very tiresome. It will be harder to take two goats into the finals with you than just one. And there have been so many third place finishers in this show's history that actually played stronger games than their seasons' winners.

I wish Ozzy had won, but it's difficult for me to get too worked up about this season, as watching obscure Hollywood bit actors battle for a million bucks is less interesting than watching regular people do the same. The lesson, as always, in this game and in life in general -- people fall for politician schtick at an alarmingly high rate. Congrats Yul, I guess.

I actually am not buying into the whole Yul was the puppet master/ politician schtick type. I think the guy played the game as fair as a someone could and still win. He was a stand-up guy to those who treated in the same I thought. It is interesting that most of the bitching about him came from the turncoat's Johnathan and Candace along with dumbass Adam who I wouldn't trust with a box of dogshit. But, it was assame that Ozzy lost since he played hard as well. I did think he was laying it on alittle thick with the teary eyed deal about his dad at the final vote.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #177
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Yul is extremely political. Everything he said in the game was utterly uncontroversial and carefully measured so that there was a little bit in there to make everyone happy. He's very very smart, and it worked, and I do consider him a deserving winner, but this was one of the rare seasons where there were actually two deserving winners left at the end. Personally I'd have voted Ozzy.

You say Jonathan, Candace, and Adumb bitched the most about Yul, but if I'm not mistaken all three voted for him to win.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:21 AM   #178
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Spoiler Alert

That Firemaking challange was the most ridiculously pathetic thing I have ever seen on this show.

Wow, just wow.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #179
Fouts
College Starter

I would have been happy with Yul or Ozzie as the winner. Great game by both of them.

FWIW, I avoided this thread all week until I saw the final show. That way I didn't have to worry about any spoilers. It was easy to do, but so is bitching about spoilers in a spoiler thread.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:13 AM   #180
Thomkal
Head Coach

Happy to see Yul and Ozzy make it to the final three, they certainly deserved it. I had a hard time predicting who would win between the two. Until a couple episodes ago I thought it might be a landslide for Yul. But Ozzy really came on strong at the end winning all those challenges. It would not have been an easy decision for me to make. Glad he got the car at least.

Having said that I was a bit disappointed that neither Yul nor Ozzy made any strong move to take out the other. They had to know that the other was the only person likely to beat them in the Final 3. Of course Ozzy winning all those immunities prevented that from happening pretty much. Would have been a very interesting tribal council if Sundra had won that final immunity.

I'm also disappointed in Sundra and Becky for not doing anything but talking about either voting Ozzy out or getting Yul to use his immunity idol. They had to know they had no chance of beating Yul and Ozzy in a Final 3. Yeah they would have caused hurt feelings, but the jury would have respected them if they teamed up with Adam and Pavrati at that point to get rid of the two dominant players in the game.

And that firestarting tiebreaker was absolutely pathetic. I hope that's the last time they use that as the tiebreaker. And that jury was pretty pathetic too. Very little probing of Yul and Ozzy's strategies and weaknesses, too much "oh I learned so much about myself" crap. Did Candace end up voting for Yul? That would have been wild if that slip up in answering her question would have cost him the million dollars.

While I don't agree with Jeff Probst that it was one of the best ever, it certainly had its moments and the twist in the original teams certainly made it interesting to watch.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 07:51 AM   #181
Subby
lolzcat

I really wish we could have seen a final three of Jonathan, Yul and Ozzy.They are the three archetypal survivor characters - the warrior, the politician and the rat. Would have been a much more interesting final jury...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #182
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Was it just me or did they skip the closing comments from the final three? The last thing they showed out here was Jeff telling them to prepare their final comments and then it was a commercial break. After the break, he told them it was time to vote. Also, there wasn't a rundown of who voted for whom.

Between that and the laughable fire-starting challenge, this was probably the worst finale ever. The only thing that redeemed it slightly was Yul winning it all.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:35 AM   #183
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Another thing: Adam went out with some class. He wasn't bitter, he wasn't resentful, and he kept his word to vote for Yul. Poverty, on the other hand...
Old 12-18-2006, 08:37 AM   #184
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I burst out laughing during the fire making when the "30 minutes later" graphic came up.

I thought they were going to have to arm wrestle for it.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #185
Subby
lolzcat

I thought the fire making challenge made it one of the best finales ever.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #186
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'll second the thought that Jonathan, Yul, and Ozzie would have been great. Actually Jonathan and Yul were my rooting interests early on. I do believe that Jonathan simply completey blew his chance with his acting brashly after he flopped back. Not only was he obnoxious, but he didn't exactly take the high road in dealing with Adam and Candace(sp?).

Yul's maneuvering with the immunity idol will probably change the way a hidden immunity idol is played in the future. That is if someone can be forward thinking enough to take the idol out of play. I was disappointed that it took Adam until the very end of the game to arrive at that strategy. I'll also note that the final four were so tight, and committed to each other, that I don't think there was any realistic chance that they would have taken the idol out of Yul's hands. They simply didn't seem willing to turn on him AND face him after the fact. They did target Ozzie, but he won out.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #187
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I burst out laughing during the fire making when the "30 minutes later" graphic came up.

I thought they were going to have to arm wrestle for it.

Oh God I couldn't stop laughing!! I told Antmeister, "Gee, I wonder how long they've been at it", a few seconds later the 30 minute graphic came out! Man, that was painful, painful to watch.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:56 AM   #188
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I thought the fire making challenge made it one of the best finales ever.

i lost it when Jeff said totally exasperated "Stop.....we're going to matches"

between that, and when he said "Did you hear that Billy, Candace is back on the market", i almost peed.

and the usually do not show who voted for whom at the final tribal council, so they didnt leave anything out there, but they did skip the final comments part, which i was fine with, as it is usually the worst part of the finale, imo
Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #189
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, as far as laugh out loud minutes, i also thought this was priceless.

Probst - "we had you tagged as a Boxer, is that correct? What kind of boxing do you do?"
Stupid parvati - "Its called Model Boxing..."
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #190
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, as far as laugh out loud minutes, i also thought this was priceless.

Probst - "we had you tagged as a Boxer, is that correct? What kind of boxing do you do?"
Stupid parvati - "Its called Model Boxing..."
Old 12-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #191
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
i lost it when Jeff said totally exasperated "Stop.....we're going to matches"

between that, and when he said "Did you hear that Billy, Candace is back on the market", i almost peed.

This was a good season for Probst. His expressions throughout that fire challenge were priceless. Then there was that comment about Billy, plus these during the season.

Narrating a challenge -- "Jonathan, getting irritated with me!"

And of course -- "A kiss is nice, but if it were love he'd have given you the immunity idol."

Zing.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #192
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
This was a good season for Probst. His expressions throughout that fire challenge were priceless. Then there was that comment about Billy, plus these during the season.

Narrating a challenge -- "Jonathan, getting irritated with me!"

And of course -- "A kiss is nice, but if it were love he'd have given you the immunity idol."

Zing.

not to forget the priceless shocked face he made when Billy dropped the bomb regarding his love at first sight with Candace. This was just great.

FM
Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #193
Kodos
Resident Alien

I love Probst. They should cancel the show when he leaves.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #194
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I love Probst. They should cancel the show when he leaves.

i agree, i probably wouldnt watch it without him...good thing he reupped for 4 more years i think
Old 12-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #195
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
i agree, i probably wouldnt watch it without him...good thing he reupped for 4 more years i think

Gives him 4 more years to get rid of Julie and get another contestant in bed.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #196
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

He's signed on until survivor 16, so may of 2008.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #197
Raiders Army
Coordinator

From Survivor Sucks:

Quote:
Brad (votes Yuuuuuleee): I don't know how to spell your name but you have been a class act since day one, I believe in you and I believe what you stand for, and I wish you luck from here on out.

Jonathan (votes Yul): I've always been a brains over brawn, brains over beauty kind of person, I admire all of you tremendously but Yul outplayed you all, and Ozzy, your time will come my friend, you're 25 years old, I expect great things from you. Becky, I know you are going to be fantastically happy and successful in your life. Yul, you have my vote, congratulations and I hope you win. Peace out.

Candice (votes Yul): (she pretends to write a long name) Yul, I'm voting for you tonight with no reservations. You played this game better than I think anybody who has ever has played this game. You did everything right at every moment, and came out with your integrity in tact. Um, no reservations about this vote, congratulations, you're amazing.

Nathan (votes Ozzy): ::winks:: I'm proud of you dawg.

Rebecca (votes Ozzie): I never got the chance to know you but I loved the way you played the game,and I hope you do exactly what you say if you win. Go back to school because you are extremely bright and I wish you all the best.

Sundra (votes Yul): Ummm Yul, I think you are an amazing guy and you're tried and true which I always respected and um, yeah I just knew I could always trust you and in this game that means hella a lot and I totally admire how you played this game strategically, I learned so much from you and was in total awe of your intellect and I look forward to having a great friendship with you and um, and I know you will appreciate and honor to have a million dollars and I respect that, enjoy enjoy.

Jenny (votes Ozzie): Ozzy I think you played an amazing physical game. You just were phenomenol and I admire your competitiveness and I think that you underestimated yourself as far as how you outwitted and used strategy, but I admire you if for every aspect for in how you outlasted this game, good luck to you in the future.

Adam (votes Yul): I think Ozzy pleaded his case the best tonight at Tribal Council but I made a promise with Yul that I would vote for him in this situation if it arise for voting Jonathan ahead of me, so I haven't broken any promises yet and I'm not going to start now.

Parvati (votes Oscar): The ultimate competitor, um the intensity and the passion, and the fire that you've brought to this game completely captivated me and I feel so lucky and so blessed to play side by side with you for as long as I did. I really appreciate getting to know you and everything you did out here, I think you played your heart out and you totally deserve to win this game.