Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty sustained a rib injury in the second quarter of the Patriots' rout of the Bears. He has been replaced by Darius Butler and his return is questionable, according to the team.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

First Pats TD allowed in 2 hours of game time...impressive.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #153
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Jesus Christ Henne. A chance to go up two scores and you fumble the ball without being touched.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #154
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Some staffer on the Jets' sideline just purposely tripped up Nolan Carroll when he was on punt coverage duty. Fucking scumbag.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #155
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Some staffer on the Jets' sideline just purposely tripped up Nolan Carroll when he was on punt coverage duty. Fucking scumbag.

You're surprised they're scummy assholes??
Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #156
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Well it's a new low even for them.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

INT by Meriweather in the endzone...nice.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #158
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Given the field conditions Brady really ought to be out of this game now.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #159
miami_fan
Coordinator

PING: Miami Dolphins

Is it really this difficult to produce a solid offense?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #160
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for beating the Jets.

Sincerely,

The Patriots
Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #161
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cards scoring 29 points with rookie John Skelton making his first start and Skelton not responsible for any of the points. In fact till about midway through the fourth quarter, kicker Jay Feely was responsible for all of their points. 5 FG's and a fake FG he ran in for a TD. RB Tim Hightower comes out of nowhere then to score two rushing TD's-148 yards.

Note to Denver: If you can't score a TD until late in the fourth quarter against one of the worse defenses in the NFL, if not the worse, you really suck.

Cards really rubbing it in too, just got a fumble for another TD
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #162
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just saw the replay of that fumble recovery, it was actually a INT by Darryl Washington. He started celebrating near the end zone, got it knocked out of his hand in the end zone and it bounced into Darnell Dockett's hands. Crazy
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #163
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #164
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post

I've never seen anything like that before and I'm very curious to see how the NFL is gonna deal with this.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #165
RainMaker
General Manager

I'd imagine he'll be banned from being on the sidelines and the team likely fined for it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #166
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

According to one of the ESPN guys it was a player on the practice squad, not a staffer as I first thought (I just saw he wasn't in uniform). If it was a player, he has to get some kind of multiple game ban imo.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #167
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
I've never seen anything like that before and I'm very curious to see how the NFL is gonna deal with this.

So am I. I am not sure whatever they come up with is going to be enough. If this is someone on the practice squad, how long do you suspend a guy who was not playing anyways? Fine the team? Really? Is a million enough? Maybe the best punishment would be to suspend Rex Ryan for a game. He should be held responsible for his team and his sidelines. I don't expect that to happen but I have a feeling anything less will seem rather weak.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #168
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 12-12-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #169
TroyF
Coordinator

It was one of the more shocking things I've ever seen in an NFL game. This has to be a major fine and a ban from the sidelines of an NFL game for a long time. If he'd hurt the player long term, I could easily see a civil lawsuit costing him a ton of cash as well. Just disgusting to see.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #170
QuikSand
lolzcat

Not looking for sympathy, just venting.

Fantasy football, of course. Two teams in playoff games, with way-too-similar rosters. Both teams have clear picks for RB #1, and the same two guys being debated for the RB2 job this week. I have depth at RB this year, and have left a *ton* of points on the bench this way all year. Anyway -- have been here tons of times before, and usually the difference wasn't a big deal, maybe a TD difference or whatever, rarely decided the game.

This week, the pair of running backs in question: Jamaal Charles and Darren McFadden

I chose poorly.

See y'all next year!!!
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #171
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He should be fired if he is a coach. But the Jets will probably give him a bonus. Classy org they are.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #173
tarcone
Coordinator

I like Collinsworths comment. If that were Brady or Manning, the flag would be thrown. So true.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #174
markprior22
High School Varsity

Just glad the refs made the correct call on the play though...
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #175
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Not looking for sympathy, just venting.

Fantasy football, of course. Two teams in playoff games, with way-too-similar rosters. Both teams have clear picks for RB #1, and the same two guys being debated for the RB2 job this week. I have depth at RB this year, and have left a *ton* of points on the bench this way all year. Anyway -- have been here tons of times before, and usually the difference wasn't a big deal, maybe a TD difference or whatever, rarely decided the game.

This week, the pair of running backs in question: Jamaal Charles and Darren McFadden

I chose poorly.

See y'all next year!!!

Not only have I had to choose between Arian Foster, LaSean McCoy, Matt Forte, and Ray Rice, but I've also had to choose between J. Maclin, Miles Austin, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, and TO at WR. Each week, I've chosen poorly.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #176
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Thanks for beating the Jets.

Sincerely,

The Patriots

And a possible first round game versus a healthier Colts team gets avoided. Not really sure the Jets want Indy playing at home to start their playoff run. KC and Jack look like vastly better options.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #177
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Not only have I had to choose between Arian Foster, LaSean McCoy, Matt Forte, and Ray Rice, but I've also had to choose between J. Maclin, Miles Austin, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, and TO at WR. Each week, I've chosen poorly.

How do I join this league?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #178
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
It was one of the more shocking things I've ever seen in an NFL game. This has to be a major fine and a ban from the sidelines of an NFL game for a long time. If he'd hurt the player long term, I could easily see a civil lawsuit costing him a ton of cash as well. Just disgusting to see.

I think a 2 year ban from the NFL would be pretty appropriate, but I doubt they have the will or the way to make that stick. The Jets should cut/fire whoever responsible this evening regardless. Failure to do that really shows they are a classless organization.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #179
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post

Enroll in the 2nd grade with WH's kid... my guess, at least.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #180
miami_fan
Coordinator

From Pro Football Talk

Alosi released a statement on Sunday night, after the Jets already apologized for the incident.

“I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannebaum and Rex [Ryan.] I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.”
Old 12-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #181
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Vick with the INT, Dallas moves the ball to the 2 yrd line.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #182
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Dallas with the TD.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Alosi released a statement on Sunday night, after the Jets already apologized for the incident.

“I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannebaum and Rex [Ryan.] I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.”

hopefully this doesn't cause the league to go lighter on him. Make an example of the douchebag.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #184
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Damn, Jackson sure loves those arrogant TD celebrations.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #185
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Jackson and Vick on the same team. At least it makes it easier to pick which team I hate the most.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #186
sabotai
General Manager

Would have been nice if a Dallas player didn't give up and really decked him when he stopped on the 1.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Visiting friends in Maine and the god damn cable went out. Was that really a 91 yard td?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Was a BS penalty on Jackson, but even with the 15 yards they had great coverage and stopped them on the 23.

The refs really need to get into this game. Blatant facemask missed (how can you miss the defender closest to the QB being twisted down by his facemask), no call on the hit out of bounds on Vick, blown review on what should not have been a catch at the end of the first half (ball moving as he is going down and he pins it against the ground) and now the BS call on Jackson (you're allowed to dive into the endzone, no matter which way you dive).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #189
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post

Its a work league. There were two of us that got absolutely stacked teams, but we've been screwed by a number of things. The two of us are fighting for a playoff spot, and it looks like I am going to be out on tiebreakers. Meanwhile, the guy leading the league has this roster.

QB Philip Rivers
WR Mike Wallace
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Brandon Lloyd
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Peyton Hillis
TE Jason Witten
BN Eli Manning
BN Reggie Wayne
BN Derrick Mason
BN Mike Tolbert
BN Donald Driver
BN Jabar Gaffney
K Dan Carpenter
DEF Pittsburgh

Now there is one kid playing in the league, that's the boss' son and he is in playoff position right now.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #191
Denial Of Freedom
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hopefully this doesn't cause the league to go lighter on him. Make an example of the douchebag.

While it was very poor judgment and there is no place for that type of thing, I think it should be noted that he was still on the other side of the white sideline marking. Not saying there should not be a punishment, but I don't think she should be suspended for a super long time for this incident.
Denial Of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The giants game being in Detroit could up up Luke a home field advantage. I can't imagine many of the people taking advantage if free admission will have love for favre or the Vikings.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #193
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial Of Freedom View Post
While it was very poor judgment and there is no place for that type of thing, I think it should be noted that he was still on the other side of the white sideline marking. Not saying there should not be a punishment, but I don't think she should be suspended for a super long time for this incident.

Not condoning this at all and think it was a dirty thing to do but I think he saved Miami a penalty on that play. That player seemed to be showing no urgency at getting back onto the field of play prior to the trip.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #194
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The giants game being in Detroit could up up Luke a home field advantage.

Posting from your phone?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 PM   #195
miami_fan
Coordinator

So is getting Michael Vick's autograph after your team has lost a close game as egregious an offense as laughing on the sidelines during a blowout loss?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #196
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Damn I was hoping Ware was going to crush Jackson on that reverse play. Jackson has had more than enough idiotic plays in his life that you would think he would eventually learn. Good player and now its time for him to act like one.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #197
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Was a BS penalty on Jackson, but even with the 15 yards they had great coverage and stopped them on the 23.

and now the BS call on Jackson (you're allowed to dive into the endzone, no matter which way you dive).

I guess the ref interpreted it as a taunt.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #198
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So is getting Michael Vick's autograph after your team has lost a close game as egregious an offense as laughing on the sidelines during a blowout loss?

I actually thought that was pretty cool. Jason Garrett was smiling while talking to Andy Reid. Should he be criticized for having a seemingly light-hearted conversation with a rival coach?

Slippery slope is slippery.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:55 PM   #199
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I actually thought that was pretty cool. Jason Garrett was smiling while talking to Andy Reid. Should he be criticized for having a seemingly light-hearted conversation with a rival coach?

Slippery slope is slippery.

Cowboy coach laughing with an Eagle coach? When the Cowboys have a losing record?

That has to be an act punishable by electric chair in the state of Texas
Old 12-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #200
Swaggs
Coordinator

Random Discussion Topic:

If the Bengals end up with the #1 overall pick, do they draft Andrew Luck and end the Carson Palmer era?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote