Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #151
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I enjoyed the season. It definitely picked up steam as it went along.

I am in for another year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #152
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

It definitely got substantially better as the season went on. It's not my favorite (primarily watching as it's one of the few shows we watch as a family) but it's night and day better than what it was
Old 05-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #153
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The first half the season was very episodic, with largely self-contained episodes and only "mythology" elements sprinkled in here and there and in the last scene. Once the story arcs got more serialized in the second half of the season, the show got better. But when you do that, you lose the casual viewer and only get the hardcore fans.

I'm with SI, I do think they are still playing it a bit safe. The HYDRA storyline was great, but I think there is still a lot of materials from the comics than can use without compromising the movies. This show was always intended to be in the background without any Avengers, but that doesn't mean it has to be NCIS: SHIELD.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #154
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I really need to get caught up on this show.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #155
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I really need to get caught up on this show.

that shot is from tonights episode, so you havent missed it yet
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #156
General Mike
Pro Starter

I thought the second season has been solid so far. I really think last year was hurt by the fact that they had to wait for the HYDRA reveal in Captain America. I don't think they'll have too many problems with that this year since it seems like the season will end right before the Avengers movie.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #157
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well that was a pretty intense episode-setting up the Inhumans vs Humanity war for next season. Like how Coulson is almost looking like a bad guy now. Glad Gonzales got what he deserved. Could be a lot of cast changeover next season as everybody's loyalties pull them further and further apart from each other.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #158
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Last night's character-centric episode was nothing short of amazing.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #159
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I agree! It was a really great episode.

This whole season, so far, has been pretty great.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #160
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Last night's character-centric episode was nothing short of amazing.

Completely agree. I've been more than happy about the entire season. The show has really gone the next level.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #161
SackAttack
Head Coach

It was an amazing episode, but it had me in a monkey-flinging-poo state by the end of it.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:47 PM   #162
whomario
Pro Starter

Loved the off-world episode as well as the Garner/Lash reveal and the season as a whole BUT: Why do writers need so much stupidity in their characters nowadays ? How in the world do you let that stupid-face Lincoln (seriously, worst character on the show by a wide margin) get anywhere near him ? It makes absolutely no freaking sense for anybody involved. Yeah, so it worked out in the end and all, but that contrived bs makes me angry ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-13-2015 at 01:49 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #163
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I wasn't too upset about that, but I do wholeheartedly agree that Lincoln is the worst character on the show by a wide margin. I hate it whenever he shows up. He's terrible.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #164
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I really think the show has found its stride in dealing with the inhumans. I think it's a lot easier to make you care about them because you get to understand the people and issues. Wherein a movie they would need to be glossed over.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #165
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
I really think the show has found its stride in dealing with the inhumans. I think it's a lot easier to make you care about them because you get to understand the people and issues. Wherein a movie they would need to be glossed over.

I dunno. We care about Skye and Garner because we knew them before, other than that they did not play much of a role recently and get "sprung on us" when they do (like that cloning-chick) or they are called Lincoln.
Not that i mind exactly, just don´t fell they played much of a role at all this season so far on an individual level (or in general. For all the talk about joining forces between Shield and ACwhatever and having an epidemic, they were pretty much off-screen background noise since like episode 2 or 3)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #166
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I dunno. We care about Skye and Garner because we knew them before, other than that they did not play much of a role recently and get "sprung on us" when they do (like that cloning-chick) or they are called Lincoln.
Not that i mind exactly, just don´t fell they played much of a role at all this season so far on an individual level (or in general. For all the talk about joining forces between Shield and ACwhatever and having an epidemic, they were pretty much off-screen background noise since like episode 2 or 3)

I hear you. I agree the inhumans haven't played much of a role on an individual level (which I'd like to see more of), but they certainly are the backdrop of then world. Without them, the ACU, obelisk, etc. don't mean much. I just think that it's been a more interesting world on screen than Hydra.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #167
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Last night's episode continued the strong run for the season so far.

They've done a really great job tying in the three major plot threads by linking them all to the portal.

I think Ward has to be one of the most interesting characters on TV. At first, he was so bland and boring, the stereotypical action hero guy. But once the big reveal happened, it all made sense, since he was just playing a role, and since then he's been a fantastic villain.

Really enjoying this season.

Also, I cant wait for the Peggy Carter show. I loved the first one.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #168
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Not sure if anyone is still watching this, but I just binge-watched Season 4. It's gotta be their best season yet. Pretty cool bringing in a popular Marvel character like Ghost Rider, but the second half really took off with the matrix-like alternative reality.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #169
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Not sure if anyone is still watching this, but I just binge-watched Season 4. It's gotta be their best season yet. Pretty cool bringing in a popular Marvel character like Ghost Rider, but the second half really took off with the matrix-like alternative reality.

Still one of my faves. I'm interested to see where they wind up with the new inhumans show. I'm pretty glad they decided to reanimate Clark Gregg's character in the show because he, and whoever the actress playing Daisy is, really carry the show.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #170
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I still watch it. I enjoyed this season. They did a really great job with the show.

I agree about Daisy/Skye. I wasn't sold on her at all early on, but she's been fantastic.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #171
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Season 4 was my favorite - wasn't sure that I was going to like the Ghost Rider angle, but it was fun and the way they brought him back in the end was great too.

I do hope they are able to bring back Bobby and Hunter at some point - the spin-off they were supposed to end up on isn't happening and I enjoyed their characters.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #172
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I do hope they are able to bring back Bobby and Hunter at some point - the spin-off they were supposed to end up on isn't happening and I enjoyed their characters.

I forgot about them. Would've been nice if they had appeared in the Framework.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 07-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #173
DanGarion
Coordinator

Season 4, especially the 2nd and 3nd arcs were some of the best if not the best stuff on TV in 2017.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #174
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Season 4, especially the 2nd and 3nd arcs were some of the best if not the best stuff on TV in 2017.

I hated Ghost Rider, but everything else was excellent.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote