Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Awww Raven. Loved Raven.

Cutting Hennig would be painful - he probably needs to be in a stable or a tag team or something though, as he's not very charismatic on his own, and not very good on the stick.

And as for Jon bashing my man The Total Package...well okay...he's not my man. Still...Lugar beating Hogan and "racking" the entire nWo at the Palace in Auburn Hills was probably my last moment of true innocence with wrestling. Literally...that was the last moment I was a total mark. So I'll always have fond memories of him because of that. But I admit...he wasn't ever the world's best worker. Then again, there were much much worse.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-07-2009 at 11:53 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Meng rocks. As a destroyer he's top-notch. Forerunner of Samoa Joe FTW!

Like I mentioned, the problem with Hennig is probably his weak-ass work on the stick I'd presume? That or some other low ratings (I haven't seen the mod). Tossing him in a stable where he can be the "silent solid wrestler" or giving him an over-manager would prolly do wonders for his non-ring stuff.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #153
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Meng rocks. As a destroyer he's top-notch. Forerunner of Samoa Joe FTW!

Like I mentioned, the problem with Hennig is probably his weak-ass work on the stick I'd presume? That or some other low ratings (I haven't seen the mod). Tossing him in a stable where he can be the "silent solid wrestler" or giving him an over-manager would prolly do wonders for his non-ring stuff.

I am almost 100% certain Hennig's problems stem from drug/alcohol. Notes usually come up in his matches he is off his game, and he still scores B - C+ matches, but he and Flair should've had a better series, and they really struggled.

I could be wrong, since I don't see that kind of thing with Hall and I am sure he's drug/alcohol is the same level, but he could have it under control.

Whatever the case is, Hennig will end up off TV eventually so I can repackage him and see what happens.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

one of the things that irritates me about the game is having to take guys off tv for so long to repackage them. while it happened IRL, it usually wasn't as long I don't feel like. or maybe it just didn't seem as long.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #155
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 1, June 1998
HP Pavillion San Jose (Southwest)
15000 People -- Sellout

Syxx defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in 13:34 by pinfall with a Tombstone following interference from Kevin Nash. Syxx wins the WCW Cruiserweight title (B)

The Giant defeated Eddy Guerrero in 13:17 by pinfall with a Choke Slam (B)

Randy Savage is in the back, discussing how just months ago he felt like his career was nearing an end, but then the Lethal Lottery and BattleBowl came about and now Savage knows he has years left in him, and he'll hold the WCW World Title until he can't physically compete (A)

Ric Flair is in the parking lot getting out of his limo when Scott Steiner explodes out of his own car and begins mauling into Flair. He takes Naitch and throws him headfirst into the passenger window, leaving him in a pool of blood (B+)

Booker T and Chris Benoit defeated Mortis and Meng in 13:03 when Booker T defeated Meng by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Booker T and Chris Benoit make defence number 1 of their WCW World Tag Team titles (C+) After the match Raven and Yokozuna come down to the ring and a 4 on 2 beatdown occurs. Refs try to break it up by wind up victims themselves (B+)

Randy Savage defeated Brian Knobbs in 7:46 by pinfall (B)

Kevin Nash defeated Konnan in 10:03 by pinfall with a Jacknife Power Bomb (C+)

Scott Hall is watching a replay on the monitor of Steiner attacking Flair, when from off scren a guitar bashes him in the skull. Raven appears over his fallen body chuckling at the carnage he has caused (A)

We come back from break with Chris Jericho demanding a US Title Match with Raven right now so he can get payback for his BS attack on Scott Hall (B)

Raven drew with Chris Jericho in 12:13 following a double disqualification (B+) Following the match the remaining members of the nWo, Syxx, Steiner and Nash come out to go after Raven, which brings out the Flock. The Horsemen, sans Flair, are out as well and a massive brawl erupts taking us off the air (B+)

Show Rating: B+
Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #156
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.49
Old 04-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #157
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, the fact Randy Savage carried Knobbs to a B rated match is impressive. Seems he is really earning that push he is in the middle of getting.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #158
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wow, the fact Randy Savage carried Knobbs to a B rated match is impressive. Seems he is really earning that push he is in the middle of getting.

Yep. I wanted to get Savage some wins to keep his momentum up before facing Bret, but I didn't want to do it at the cost of a more established guy. I was incredibly happy with that.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #159
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 1, June 1998
Hartford Civic Center (New England)
15000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

Eric Bischoff announces a new title will come to Thunder specifically, and it'll be a Hardcore Title to appease all the blood thirsty fans out there. There will be a mini tournament culminating at Great American Bash in a special hardcore match! (B+)

Meng defeated Sabu in 9:53 by submission with a Tongan Death Grip (C-) Meng advances in the Hardcore Title tournament

Scott Hall comes out to hype the nWo (B)

Curt Hennig defeated Perry Saturn in 12:28 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex (C-)

Before our next match Rick Rude comes out to announce he is currently looking for new clients to add the new cornerstone of WCW, Eddy Guerrero! (B)

Eddy Guerrero defeated Buff Bagwell in 11:34 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddy Guerrero makes defence number 5 of his WCW World Television title (C)

Sting defeated The British Bulldog in 11:54 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (B-) After the match the lights go out and when they come back on Sting is nowhere to be seen (B+)

A pre-tape airs where Bret Hart is back home in Calgary in the infamous Dungeon. He says he is not taking Savage lightly, and promises that Savage is not going to leave the Bash as Champion (A*)

Yokozuna defeated Jim Neidhart in 9:29 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop (C-)

Backstage DDP is in a rage looking for Scott Steiner. He screams Steiner has to pay for what he did to Flair. He then spots Scott near catering and attacks him. The two men trade blows, only for Steiner to get the upperhand. Kimberly Page tries to intervene but winds up taking a chair shot meant for DDP instead. Steiner runs off after hitting her as DDP tends to Kimberly. The entire building goes eerily quiet (B+)

Raven defeated Rick Steiner in 17:09 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Raven makes defence number 3 of his WCW United States Heavyweight title (B+)

Show Rating: B
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #160
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.18
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #161
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have thoroughly enjoyed this... I hope you keep it up. I have never been able to sustain a TEW Dynasty thread of my own but yours takes me back to my wrestling hayday. The late 90's were gold as far as I can remember since I was in college and had nothing better to do with most Monday Nights!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #162
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed this... I hope you keep it up. I have never been able to sustain a TEW Dynasty thread of my own but yours takes me back to my wrestling hayday. The late 90's were gold as far as I can remember since I was in college and had nothing better to do with most Monday Nights!

[ahem] [hint, hint]

RIP

Last edited by Crim : 04-12-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #163
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Haha. Took a little break but expect more either today or Tomorrow.

Appreciate the kind words, and I agree, for me 97-99 was the best era of wrestling. It's a shame WCW blew it's wad and has ruined wrestling for a lot of people.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #164
molson
General Manager

Quote:

+1, I'm really enjoying this, keep it going.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #165
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 2, June 1998
Wachovia Center (Tri State)
15000 People -- Sellout

Nitro opens up with Eric Bischoff reading a mandate from Ted Turner himself. He says last week Nitro was out of control as the nWo, Horsemen and Flock went after each other, and that it must stop until the Great American Bash. Therefore any contact between any members of the groups will result in that group being fined $15,000. The only exception is in officially sanctioned WCW matches. Bischoff says he sees fit to make a triple threat match at the Bash between Raven, Scott Hall and Ric Flair, with the winning wrestlers faction getting control of Nitro throughout the month of July! (A)

Eddy Guerrero defeated Dean Malenko in 11:50 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddy Guerrero makes defence number 6 of his WCW World Television title (B-)

Backstage Arn Anderson is talking to some of the guys when Scott Steiner can be seen creeping behind him. Out of nowhere Steiner is tackled by DDP who begins laying into Steiner, only to be pulled off by WCW officials. Steiner runs away laughing at the Horsemen being fined $15,000 (B)

Bill Goldberg defeated Michael Wallstreet in 7:47 by pinfall with The Spear (C-)

Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay discuss Randy Savage and his BattleBowl win, remarking that they haven't seen him this focused since he first joined WCW (B+)

Randy Savage defeated The British Bulldog in 14:06 by pinfall (B-)

DDP comes out to the ring without any music and makes a challenge to Scott Steiner for the Bash so they can settle their differences like men (B-)

Chris Benoit and Booker T defeated Chris Jericho and Syxx in 18:23 when Chris Benoit defeated Syxx by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. Booker T and Chris Benoit make defence number 2 of their WCW World Tag Team titles (B)

The nWo airs a commercial showing their dominance in WCW (A)

Rick Rude comes out to the ring and says he has an important announcement to make, but this is not the right time for it. He says at the Bash he has an announcement that'll rock WCW to it's core (B)

A music video airs hyping Bret Hart (B+)

Bret Hart defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in 13:13 by submission with a Sharpshooter (A)

Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #166
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Nitro Ratings

Nitro: 9.25
Old 04-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #167
BigDPW
College Prospect

Still watching hoping this continues... May end up starting my own personal game too... Only to have it fizzle since I don't have time to play this game like I would like!

I hope you find the time to keep this one up I am enjoying it.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #168
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Still watching hoping this continues... May end up starting my own personal game too... Only to have it fizzle since I don't have time to play this game like I would like!

I hope you find the time to keep this one up I am enjoying it.

For sure not dead. Hit a rut and then finals for school. I am done with the semester tonight, and I suspect I'll do quite a bit during the Draft on Saturday.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:29 PM   #169
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 2, June 1998
Auditoro Juan Vicens (Puerto Rico)
10000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

Yokozuna defeated Fit Finlay in 11:52 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop (C) Yokozuna advances in the Hardcore Title tournament

The Giant defeated Hugh Morrus in 7:53 by pinfall with a Choke Slam (D+) The Giant advances in the Hardcore Title tournament

A video plays hyping the Savage/Hart Bash Main Event (A)

Ric Flair is at home resting from his brutal attack from the nWo. He says at the Great American Bash he is going to destroy Hall and Raven and watch as the Horsemen take the WCW by storm (B+)

Chris Benoit and Booker T defeated Dean Malenko and Steven Regal in 13:46 when Booker T defeated Dean Malenko by pinfall with a Harlem Hangover (C)

Sting defeated Curt Hennig in 18:12 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (B-)

Scott Steiner comes out and says DDP can have his match at the Bash, but it'll be under his rules, and DDP will find those rules out soon enough (B)

Syxx defeated Konnan in 8:31 by pinfall with a Tombstone (D)

Rick Rude and Eddy Guerrero are in the back talking. We over hear Eddy say "So the plan is in place?" but before Rude answers he notices the camera and demands they leave (B)

Bill Goldberg defeated Scott Steiner in 14:58 by pinfall with The Spear following interference from Diamond Dallas Page (B)

Show Rating: B-
Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #170
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.01
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #171
DeToxRox
Head Coach

ECW Matter of Respect

ECW held their Matter of Respect PPV,garnering a .16 buy, headlined by Brian Adams winning the ECW World Title from Shane Douglas (B-). The show was a B-. ECW is slowing gaining some momentum as they have a show on E on Thursdays now as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #172
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 3, June 1998
Kemper Arena (Mid West)
15000 People -- Sellout

Nitro opens up with Eric Bischoff announcing three huge matches: Kevin Nash vs Raven, Scott Hall vs Rick Steiner and Ric Flair vs Yokozuna! (B+)

Chris Jericho defeated Mortis, Chris Benoit and Curt Hennig in 16:35 when Chris Jericho defeated Curt Hennig by submission with a Lion Tamer (B)

Syxx defeated Christian Cage in 9:37 by pinfall with a Tombstone (D)

Sting comes out to the ring and says lately he has been lost, almost depressed. He says a man without a direction, but things can change, and he feels his time to change is coming (B-)

Backstage we see Raven and Kevin Sullivan huddled together. Raven begins laughing maniacally before both men go their seperate ways (B+)

Scott Hall defeated Rick Steiner in 12:45 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge (B+)

A commercial airs hyping the nWo. It says the Great American Bash will be the revenge of the New World Order (A)

Yokozuna defeated Ric Flair in 11:56 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop following interference from Raven (B-)

Bill Goldberg defeated Adam Copeland in 5:50 by pinfall with The Jackhammer (B)

Backstage we see The Giant lying in a pool of blood. Eddy Guerrero and Rick Rude begin laying into him as Eddy yells "YOU THINK YOU BEAT ME AND CAN WALK AWAY? NO CHANCE!" (B-)

Kevin Nash defeated Raven in 15:32 by pinfall with a Jacknife Power Bomb following interference from Scott Hall (B+)

Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #173
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.36
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #174
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 3, June 1998
RICOH Coliseum (Ontario)
10000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

Thunder opens up with Bret Hart addressing his people, the Canadien public. Hart says it gives him no greater joy then to come here as the Champ and to see the people who made it possible. As he is discussing his match with Savage, the nWo music hits and Chris Jericho comes out (A) Jericho says he is a bigger star in Canada then Hart will ever be, and tonight he wants a World Title match. Jericho says to man up and accept or be the biggest wuss Canada has ever produced! Hart says it's on and the crowd goes wild (B+)

Rick Steiner defeated Jim Neidhart in 14:28 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog (D) Rick Steiner advances in the Hardcore Tournament

Mortis defeated Louie Spicolli in 7:59 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex (D-)

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Juventud Guerrera in 13:52 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurracanrana (C)

A video airs hyping the Horsemen (B)

The Giant is backstage as the video ends, where he says he'd love to kick Guerrero's ass at the Bash, but he'll be in the finals of the Hardcore Title tournament, so he'll settle for a match at Nitro instead (B+)

Booker T defeated Steven Regal in 10:40 by pinfall with a Harlem Hangover (C+)

Diamond Dallas Page and Ric Flair drew with Scott Hall and Scott Steiner in 14:33 following a double disqualification (B)

Randy Savage is introduced to do color commentary for the Main Event (A)

Bret Hart defeated Chris Jericho in 15:18 by submission with a Sharpshooter. Bret Hart makes defence number 3 of his WCW World Heavyweight title (B+) After the match Savage comes in the ring and the two men have an intense staredown as Thunder goes off air (B+)

Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #175
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.20
Old 04-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #176
DeToxRox
Head Coach

ECW News

Something I thought was cool is in ECW RVD and newly signed Marty Jannety have formed a tag team. They're having some great matches as well. Also of note, Paul Roma is the ECW TV Title. Definetly some interesting things there.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #177
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 4, June 1998
TD Waterhouse Centre (Southeast)
15000 People -- Sellout

Randy Savage defeated Curt Hennig in 14:04 by pinfall (B)

Meng, Mortis and Raven defeated Ric Flair, Booker T and Chris Benoit in 15:23 when Mortis defeated Chris Benoit by pinfall (B-)

Chris Jericho and Kevin Nash come out and begin mocking the Horsemen for losing the six man tag. They make the obligatory we're taking the belts pantomine as we go to commercial (B-)

Scott Steiner is backstage, outside Kimberly Page's dressing room. Steiner says he won't get to Kim tonight, but after Sunday when DDP isn't around anymore to save her, then she'll be all his (B+)

Syxx defeated Juventud Guerrera in 10:48 by pinfall with a Tombstone. Syxx makes defence number 1 of his WCW Cruiserweight title (C-)

Scott Hall is backstage warming up when the Horsemen attack. They lay out Hall with a pipe and Flair says he doesn't care about rules, he's doing it his way from now on (B+)

The Giant defeated Eddy Guerrero in 10:45 by disqualification (B) After the match Guerrero and Rude lay into the Giant with the TV title, but Sting propels from the rafters to make the save (B)

A promo airs where Raven says he is going to destroy Hall and Flair Sunday and become the most powerful man in WCW (B+)

Raven defeated Sting in 17:53 by pinfall with a Piledriver following interference from Eddy Guerrero. Raven makes defence number 4 of his WCW United States Heavyweight title (A) After the match Eddy Guerrero comes in gets revenge on Sting with a vicious chair shot. Rick Rude takes the mic and says Sting couldn't stop himself from being Mr. Big in WCW and the announcement Eddy has for the Bash will prove without a doubt how big a phony Sting is (B-)

Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #178
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.42
Old 04-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #179
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 4, June 1998
LJVM Coliseum (Mid Atlantic)
15000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

The Giant defeated Meng in 14:05 by pinfall with a Choke Slam (C) The Giant advances to the Finals of the Hardcore Title tournament After the match the Giant says he will show how hardcore he can be on Sunday (B)

A video airs on Bret Hart and his time in WCW (A)

Bill Goldberg defeated Dean Malenko in 10:56 by pinfall with The Spear (B-)

Mortis defeated Fit Finlay in 9:47 by pinfall (C)

Sting comes out and says whatever Eddy and Rude have on him is bogus, and Sting wants to get a crack at Eddy, so he's demanding a match with him at the Bash (B-)

Raven, Scott Hall and Ric Flair come out for a contract signing for the Bash. Eric Bischoff says the contract they're signing stipulates the winner and his faction is given full control of Nitro all July long and the losers become at the winners mercy. The three men almost come to blows but are stopped by security (A)

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Lex Luger in 12:21 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter (B) After the match DDP says he'll die before Steiner ever touches his wife (B-)

Chris Benoit defeated Konnan in 7:34 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex (C+)

Yokozuna defeated Rick Steiner in 12:10 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop (C+) Yokozuna advances to the Finals of Hardcore Title Tournament. After the match the Giant comes out to the ring for an epic staredown with Yokozuna (B-)

Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #180
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder Rating

Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #181
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Great American Bash
Sunday, Week 4, June 1998
Tacoa Dome (North West)
30000 People -- Sellout
Live on PPV

Bill Goldberg defeated Steven Regal in 10:49 by pinfall with The Spear (B+)

Chris Benoit and Booker T defeated Kevin Nash and Chris Jericho and Mortis and Meng in 15:26; the order of elimination was Mortis and Meng first, and finally Kevin Nash and Chris Jericho. Booker T and Chris Benoit make defence number 3 of their WCW World Tag Team titles (B)

A video airs showing The Giant and Yokozuna and their wins in the Hardcore Tournament. It is then announced this will be a Falls Count Anywhere match (B)

Yokozuna defeated The Giant in 13:44 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop. Yokozuna wins the WCW Hardcore title (C)

Bobby Heenan begins speculating what Eddy Guerrero and Rick Rude have on Sting (B)

Eddy Guerrero defeated Sting in 16:33 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Eddy Guerrero makes defence number 7 of his WCW World Television title (B-) After the match, Eddy holds Sting down and they show a video of Sting backstage talking to the nWo's Kevin Nash. The two men have words that cannot be heard but before they leave they shake hands. The crowd sits stunned (B+)

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Steiner in 15:34 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter (B) After the match Kim comes out to celebrate, but they lose sight of Steiner. Steiner creeps up behind DDP and bashes him a lead pipe before grabbing Kim and taking her to the back (B+)

A video airs hyping the Triple Threat Match (B+)

Scott Hall defeated Raven and Ric Flair in 21:41 when Scott Hall defeated Raven by pinfall with a Razor's Edge (A)

Bret Hart is backstage where he says this is the biggest match of his career and he's never been more prepared in his life (A*)

Bret Hart defeated Randy Savage in 23:23 by pinfall with a surprise cradle. Bret Hart makes defence number 4 of his WCW World Heavyweight title (B+) After the match Bret extends his hand to Savage, but Savage answers with a short arm clothesline. Savage then grabs a chair and nails Hart in the face. He takes the chair to the top rope and delievers a huge flying elbow with the help of the chair (A*)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #182
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bash Overview

- Confusing to some I am sure. It was confusing to me at points. I lost my notes I had for the PPV, so I lost some of my ideas and had to scratch stuff out.

- Savage going heel was one thing I didn't plan on, but two weeks ago in-game I got news he was stale in his current role, so instead of a face vs face feud, it became a face vs heel dynamic now. Hart was actually hurt after the Jericho match slightly, so this will allow him to heel until the Bash at the Beach.

- Ric Flair was going to win but his contract came up and he just renewed before Nitro, but I wasn't sure if he was going to leave me so I didn't want him to win. Raven took the pin though because it was the plan all along and leading to a huge angle for him.

- The nWo is in charge all of July but don't expect a World Title match with Hart out, it'll be more about them flexing their muscle.

- Yoko is undefeated. Goldberg is undefeated. The trainwreck is coming, folks.

- The Sting thing is one thing I kinda remember the plan, but this one actually sounds better. I hope the execution works because it'll lead to the third match of my planned Starrcade Triple Header.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-28-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #183
DeToxRox
Head Coach

PPV Buys

WCW Great American Bash: 20.20

WWF King of the Ring: 16.21

KOTR was headlined by Sid defeating Steve Austin to retain the WWF Title (B)

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-30-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #184
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 1, July 1998
Selland Arena (Mid Atlantic)
10000 People -- Sellout

Chris Benoit and Booker T defeated Adam Copeland and Christian Cage in 10:37 when Booker T defeated Christian Cage by pinfall with a Harlem Hangover. Booker T and Chris Benoit make defence number 4 of their WCW World Tag Team titles (C)

Scott Hall comes out to the ring and announces that tonight, the nWo is going to make a dent in WCW, but savor the process and not go for the jugular yet, so tonight Scott Steiner will take on Raven for the US Title and in the Main Event, the Outsiders will take on Ric Flair in a handicap match! (B+)

Sting defeated Mortis in 14:42 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (C+) After the match Sting says that video that Eddy Guerrero showed last night was total BS. He admits he did meet with Hall but the fans wouldn't understand what it was about, but Sting still bleeds WCW. A smattering of "You sold out" chants begin (B+)

Bill Goldberg defeated Ultimo Dragon in 10:32 by pinfall with The Spear (C+)

Diamond Dallas Page defeated Lex Luger in 11:50 by pinfall with a Diamond Cutter (B+) After the match DDP promises that he will end this war with Steiner at Bash at the Beach, because he wants a Last Man Standing Match (B)

Scott Steiner defeated Raven in 12:22 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Scott Steiner wins the WCW United States Heavyweight title (B)

Randy Savage's music hits and he comes out to the ring. He says last night was the straw that broke the camels back when Bret Hart screwed him out of the title last night, so Hart had to suffer. Davey Boy Smith comes out and says he and Bret may not be best friends anymore, but that's till his brother in law, and Savage has to pay. The two men engage in a pull apart brawl before Savage says Smith can wrestle him on Thunder if he has something he wants to prove (A)

The Outsiders defeated Ric Flair in 12:34 when Scott Hall defeated Ric Flair by pinfall with a Razor's Edge (B+) After the match Scott Hall begins destroying Flair with boots to the head and promises next week won't be any easier (B+)

Old 04-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #185
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.01
Old 04-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #186
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder

Wednesday, Week 1, July 1998
Mass Mutual Center (New England)
10000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Jerry Lynn in 10:47 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurracanrana (C-)

Curt Hennig defeated Konnan in 12:27 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex (C)

Sting is backstage warming up when a mysterious figure is seen in the shadows stalking him. Sting, obviously feeling the presence of someone else backstage turns around but the figure sneaks away. Sting shakes his head in disgust and goes back to warming up (B-)

The Flock comes out and Raven says he lost his US Title because the unity in the group is missing. He says that Meng and Mortis have a shot at the Tag Titles at Bash at the Beach, but they need to toughen up. Raven then orders both Mortis and Meng accept a beatdown from Yokozuna. Yoko lays into both men with chairs, before piling them up and Bonzai Dropping them. Raven orders them to get up and follow him to the back, which they slowly do (B)

Yokozuna defeated Buff Bagwell in 12:16 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop. Yokozuna makes defence number 1 of his WCW Hardcore title (C)

Ric Flair is at home in North Carolina, but he says that Scott Hall is not going to one up him this week, even if the nWo does have control over Nitro. Flair promises his own surprise for Monday (B+)

Bill Goldberg defeated Perry Saturn in 10:52 by pinfall with The Spear (B-)

Rick Rude comes out and says Eddy Guerrero is sick of the Giant acting like he is superior to him, and that he is offering him a match at the Bash to prove once and for all who the better man is (B)

The Giant defeated Lex Luger in 11:06 by pinfall with a Choke Slam (C) After the match the Giant accepts the challenge, but demands the TV Title be on the line (B)

A video airs of the final moments of the Bret Hart and Randy Savage match, and the subsequent beatdown of Hart. Dusty Rhoads comments that this is the nastiest he's ever seen Savage and he fears for Bret's health (A)

Randy Savage defeated The British Bulldog in 14:32 by pinfall after the Flying Elbow Drop (B) After the match Savage took a chair and nailed Davey Boy with his own chair assisted flying elbow, causing the Bulldog to bleed buckets from the nose and mouth (B)

Old 04-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #187
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.14

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-02-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #188
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 2, July 1998
Continental Airlines Arena (Tri City)
15000 People -- Sellout

Nitro opens up with Ric Flair and DDP in the ring. Flair says he already caught wind of the fact that tonight the nWo has made a 3 on 2 match, with the Outsiders and Scott Steiner taking on Flair and DDP. Flair says he doesn't care about that because he promises the sides will be evened up by the end of the night (B)

Chris Jericho comes out and says that is all well and good, but he won't have Benoit or Booker T at his disposal. He says that Benoit is going to take on a guy the nWo has become close with, Sting! He also says Booker T has been barred from the building but will get a shot next week to face none other then Chris Jericho himself! (B-)

Eddy Guerrero defeated Chris Candido in 11:12 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. Eddy Guerrero makes defence number 8 of his WCW World Television title (C-)

Bill Goldberg defeated Disco Inferno in 9:45 by pinfall with The Spear (B-)

Raven comes out to the ring and says lately the Flock has become soft, but at he Bash he has asked anyone with power for a match vs anyone so he can show that the leader of the Flock has control. He promises whoever his opponent is will face a brutal reality on how soft the Flock might be (B+)

Randy Savage plays a video of a mock funeral for Bret Hart's title reign. The tombstone reads "Bret Hart's WCW Title Reign - February 98 - July 98". Savage says healthy or not, Hart is going to put his title on the line (B+)

Chris Benoit defeated Sting in 16:44 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex following interference from a Masked Man (B)

Chris Jericho defeated Fit Finlay in 11:41 by submission with a Lion Tamer (B-)

The nWo is backstage with Mean Gene. Scott Hall laughs at Flair saying he has no friends in WCW outside of the Horsemen, and all the other Horsemen are officially banned from ringside. Nash says no one else would be dumb enough to cross the nWo so Flair is in deep trouble. Steiner just adds that he is going to destroy DDP once and for all (A)

Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page defeated Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner in 17:17 when Scott Steiner was disqualified while fighting Diamond Dallas Page (B) After the match the nWo continues to brutalize Flair and DDP when the ominous drum's of Bill Goldberg's music hits sending the roof off the arena. Goldberg slowly stalks to the ring before exploding in a sprint into the ring where he meets Kevin Nash with a massive Spear. Both Steiner and Hall run for cover, but they watch Goldberg hoist Nash into the air and level with a vicious Jackhammer sending the crowd into a frenzy (A)

Last edited by DeToxRox : 05-03-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #189
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

WCW Nitro: 9.52
Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #190
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 2, July 1998
Hawaii Medium (Hawaii)
10000 People -- Sellout

Thunder opens up with Kevin Nash coming to the ring. He says that Goldberg showed up naive he really is by attacking the nWo and siding with the Horsemen this past week on Nitro. Nash says he is officially challenging Goldberg for the Bash, and he promises to be the one to end his winning streak (B)

Yokozuna defeated Scott Norton in 11:36 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop. Yokozuna makes defence number 2 of his WCW Hardcore title (C-)

A video airs hyping the Four Horsemen (B)

Bill Goldberg defeated Konnan in 11:53 by pinfall with The Spear (C) After the match Dusty Rhoads talks about how epic the Goldberg/Nash match will be at the Bash (B-)

Meng and Mortis defeated The Public Enemey in 11:17 when Mortis defeated Rocco Rock by pinfall (D+)

Steven Regal defeated The British Bulldog in 11:46 by submission with a Regal Stretch (C)

Scott Hall cuts a promo in the back where he says tonight he'll take out Lex Luger as a warm up for his match at the Bash (B+)

Scott Hall defeated Lex Luger in 13:42 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge (B-)

Show Rating; C+
Old 05-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #191
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.10
Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #192
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 3, July 1998
Breslin Center (Great Lakes)
15000 People -- Sellout

Meng defeated Lex Luger in 10:31 by submission with a Tongan Death Grip (C)

After the match Ric Flair comes out to a huge ovation. Flair says he isn't an idiot, and he knows what Hall and the nWo's plan is while they run Nitro. He knows they're trying to soften up Flair so Hall can have then make a Flair vs Hall match at the Bash at the Beach. Flair says he is going to one up Hall and challenge him right now to a Steel Cage at Bash at the Beach! (B)

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Sabu in 8:32 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurracanrana (C)

Rick Rude and Eddy Guerrero come out to taunt The Giant before their big TV Title match at Bash at the Beach. Rude says that The Giant is a big dumb oaf and has no business being in the ring with the future of WCW, Eddy Guerrero. Rude promises The Giant he's bitten off more then he can chew (B)

Randy Savage comes out and says he has given Bret Hart ample time to accept his challenge for Bash at the Beach, but Hart is still AWOL, so Savage has no other alternative them to take out another member of Hart's family until he wisens up and gives Savage the rematch he deserves (B+)

The Giant defeated Curt Hennig in 11:13 by pinfall with a Choke Slam (B-)

Scott Hall comes out and announces Bill Goldberg will take on Syxx tonight! (A)

Bill Goldberg defeated Syxx in 12:03 by pinfall with The Spear (B) After the match the nWo comes out and surrounds Goldberg. Goldberg tries fighting his way out of the nWo but gets ambushed by Kevin Nash with a chair and laid to waste by the nWo (B+)

Raven comes out to the ring and cuts a mysterious promo about becoming a virus that kills WCW from the top on down (A)

Chris Jericho drew with Booker T in 20:00 when the time limit expired (B+)

After the match Eric Bischoff appears and says while he can't do anything of authority until the Bash at the Beach, he can promise that he'll make a startling announcement at the Bast at the Beach that'll have extreme repercussions on the nWo and the Horsemen (B+)

Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #193
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.34
Old 05-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #194
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 3, July 1998
Auditoro Juan Vicens (Medium)
10000 People -- Sellout
TV Taping

Mortis defeated Sting in 12:36 by pinfall following interference from Raven (C)

Backstage Bill Goldberg is warming up when he spots Kevin Nash in the distance. Goldberg gets right in Nash's face and says Nash wouldn't dare make a move at Goldberg without his nWo cronies around. Goldberg walks away as Nash looks pissed (B+)

Bill Goldberg defeated Buff Bagwell in 9:39 by pinfall with The Spear (C)

Randy Savage comes out and says he is giving Bret Hart one more chance otherwise on Nitro Jim Neidhart is going to see his WCW career ended with extreme prejudice (B+)

We see backstage that a brawl has broken out with the nWo and the Horsemen. Eric Bischoff appears and says he does have some say over Thunder and announces Benoit will take on Syxx tonight (A)

Chris Benoit defeated Syxx in 11:40 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex (B)

Backstage Booker T cuts a promo on how at the Bash he and Chris Benoit will prove why they're the best tag team champs when they destroy Meng and Mortis (B)

Christian Cage defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in 10:31 by pinfall following interference from Chris Jericho (C)

A video airs showcasing the destruction that Yokozuna has caused since he joined WCW (B+)

Kevin Nash defeated Chris Candido in 11:40 by pinfall with a Jacknife Power Bomb (C-)

The Giant is in the back promising to put Eddy Guerrero and Rick Rude out of their misery in just a weeks time (B)

Chris Jericho defeated Rick Steiner in 15:31 by submission with a Lion Tamer (C+)

Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #195
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder Rating

Old 05-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #196
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 4, July 1998
Toyota Center (Mid South)
15000 People -- Sellout

DDP comes out to the ring and says tonight he knows Scott Steiner gets to make the Main Event for Nitro tonight, and DDP, like Flair last week, knows he has to take the fight to Steiner, so he is going to do just that and he promises to make Steiner's life a living hell, much like he's done to DDP and his wife Kimberly (B+)

Ric Flair comes out to join DDP. He says the Horsemen are united in this war vs nWo, and Flair has a new message for Scott Hall. He says inside the cage on Sunday Flair is going to show Hall why he is the Dirtiest Player in the Game! (B+)

Syxx defeated Super Calo in 7:38 by pinfall with a Tombstone. Syxx makes defence number 2 of his WCW Cruiserweight title (C-)

Meng and Mortis defeated Steven Regal and Fit Finlay in 10:38 when Meng defeated Steven Regal by submission with a Tongan Death Grip (C+)

We cut backstage where WCW officials and medical personnel are surrounding a downed Sting. His face is covered in blood and his trademark black bat lays beside him (B)

Raven walks by surveying the scene. He shakes his head and begins to chuckle (B)

Kevin Nash defeated Ray Traylor in 7:57 by pinfall with a Jacknife Power Bomb (C)

Randy Savage defeated Jim Neidhart in 11:50 by pinfall (C+) After the match Savage hits Neidhart with his elbow with the chair (B)

Scott Steiner announces in tonight's Main Event, it'll be he and Scott Hall taking on DDP and Rick Steiner! (A)

Curt Hennig defeated Adam Copeland in 11:23 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex (C-)

Scott Steiner and Scott Hall defeated Diamond Dallas Page and Rick Steiner in 16:34 when Scott Steiner defeated Rick Steiner by pinfall with a Frankensteiner (B)

Randy Savage comes out and says this is it. If Bret Hart doesn't come out to the ring right now and accept his challenge, he'll go to the Dungeon in Calgary -- At that point Bret Hart's music hits and the champion comes out to a huge pop. He stalks to the ring, causing Savage to lose patience and jump out of the ring and meet Hart in the aisle. The two man explode into blows with Savage with Savage going for Hart's face. A solid right causes Bret's nose to rebreak and blood flows out of it but Hart answers back with a knee to the gut and then throws Savage into the guardrail. Finally the refs get order restored and Hart yells Savage has his match (A*)

Old 05-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #197
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nitro Rating

Nitro: 9.16
Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #198
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Thunder
Wednesday, Week 4, July 1998
Conte Forum (New England)
10000 People -- Sellout

Thunder opens with Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg in the ring making a challenge to the Outsiders for a pre Bash at the Beach beating tonight! (B+)

Chris Jericho and Eddy Guerrero defeated The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr. in 14:59 when Eddy Guerrero defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. by pinfall with a Frog Splash after Rick Rude interfered (C+)

Scott Steiner defeated Louie Spicolli in 10:49 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner (C-)

Dusty Rhodes is in the ring getting ready to interview Chris Jericho, when Jericho comes down and pushes Dusty. Jericho says no one wants to see his decrepit, broken down ass anymore and they just want to see Jericho. Jericho slugs Dusty and begins stomping him, until Rey Mysterio Jr hits the ring for the save (B-)

Christian Cage defeated Buff Bagwell in 10:57 by pinfall (C-)

Raven comes out with Yokozuna and say's Yoko is the most dominate force in WCW, and tonight Lex Luger will be the next victim of his wrath (B-)

Yokozuna defeated Lex Luger in 11:37 by pinfall with a Bonzai Drop (C)

Backstage Rick Rude and Eddy Guerrero find the Giant and become hitting him with chairs. The two men walk away laughing as the Giant lays in agony (B)

Booker T is in the back hyping he and Chris Benoit's match vs Meng and Mortis on Sunday (B+)

The announcers hype our Main Event of Flair/Goldberg vs The Outsiders (B+)

Bill Goldberg and Ric Flair defeated The Outsiders in 18:40 when Ric Flair defeated Scott Hall by pinfall (A) After the match the two teams continue to fight as Nitro goes off the air (B+)

Old 05-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #199
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thunder Rating

Thunder: 5.21
Old 05-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #200
DeToxRox
Head Coach

WCW Bash at the Beach
Sunday, Week 4, July 1998
Charlotte Coliseum
30000 People -- Sellout
Live on PPV

Chris Jericho defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in 11:34 by submission with a Lion Tamer (A)

The Giant defeated Eddy Guerrero in 11:32 by disqualification (C+)

Backstage Booker T and Chris Benoit are getting ready for their Tag Team Title match tonight vs Meng and Mortis (C+)

Chris Benoit and Booker T defeated Meng and Mortis in 17:52 when Booker T defeated Meng by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Booker T and Chris Benoit make defence number 5 of their WCW World Tag Team titles (B)

Raven defeated The British Bulldog in 11:49 by pinfall with a Piledriver (B-) After the match Raven is in the ring when the lights go off. When they turn back on Raven is laid out in the middle of the ring with a bat laying next to him (B+)

A video airs hyping the feud between DDP and Scott Steiner (B+)

Scott Steiner defeated Diamond Dallas Page in 17:45 by pinfall with a Frankensteiner. Scott Steiner makes defence number 1 of his WCW United States Heavyweight title (B)

Bill Goldberg is backstage when Gene Okerlund asks him if he has anything to say to Kevin Nash before their match. Goldberg peers into the camera and says "You're next!" (B+)

Bill Goldberg defeated Kevin Nash in 13:48 by pinfall with The Spear (B)

Eric Bischoff comes to the ring for his big announcement. He says in September at Fall Brawl the nWo and Horsemen war will come to an end inside of the Match Beyond, The War Games! But before Fall Brawl is Road Wild, and at that show it'll be an 8 man tag between the Horsemen and the nWo with the winning team getting to decide the details of the War Game Match itself (B+)

Ric Flair defeated Scott Hall in 19:41 by pinfall (A)

A video plays hyping our Main Event between Bret Hart and Randy Savage (A*)

Bret Hart defeated Randy Savage in 20:07 by submission with a Sharpshooter. Bret Hart makes defence number 5 of his WCW World Heavyweight title (B+) After the match Bret Hart celebrates in the ring (B+)