Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #151
lungs
Pro Rookie

I'm mostly a fictional player but would like to delve into the historical side of things.

Is it possible to create a league and import teams from different years? For example I'd like to create a league of teams from say 1980 on, but don't want to create 1980. 95 Braves, 82 Brewers, etc... etc...
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #152
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I'm mostly a fictional player but would like to delve into the historical side of things.

Is it possible to create a league and import teams from different years? For example I'd like to create a league of teams from say 1980 on, but don't want to create 1980. 95 Braves, 82 Brewers, etc... etc...

Yes it is possible. Ive heard of people doing it. I wish I could help you more but Ive never done it.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #153
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
anyone know how good the ai in this game

thanks

Its improved from last year quite a bit. Still far from perfect.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #154
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
anyone know how good the ai in this game

thanks

stop causing problems
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #155
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to get last years stats for free agents after Jan 1?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #156
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

So after reading 4 pages, I am not convinced that this game is much improved over OOTP 9. The listed sim stats here and at the OOTP board (both out of the box and tweaked) seem slightly out of whack. Not major, but still slightly annoying (270IP, 37 GS pitchers). On the OOTP board, a 100 year sim using Skydog's settings resulted in 1, 500 homerun player and 1, 300 game winner.

Maybe I am just being negative, but as a mass simmer, career stats are very important.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #157
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
So after reading 4 pages, I am not convinced that this game is much improved over OOTP 9.

Least. Surprising. Revelation. Ever.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #158
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Least. Surprising. Revelation. Ever.

You both couldnt be more wrong! Easily the best release from OOTP in its fine history.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 06-05-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #159
DanGarion
Coordinator

Try running a AZL team. My team is comprised of about 13 Catchers, 2 1B, 1 2B, 10 MRs, and 3 Starters...

This is using the roster that comes with the game and making no changes to the settings at all.

Glad the roster management has improved...
Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Easily the best release from OOTP in its fine history.

Geez, talk about damning with faint praise.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #161
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I haven't gotten into it a ton, but it really runs fast on my crappy celeron.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #162
lungs
Pro Rookie

I'm not hard to please as I'm OOTP Developments' ideal customer (purchase no matter what).

That said, this year's version doesn't really seem to add anything revolutionary. I'll buy it and be happy but can see how others may not.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #163
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post

I've never done this, but from messing around with other leagues I believe what you would do is create a fictional league with the number of divisions, teams, etc., you want, then edit the league structure, delete all of the teams it creates for you, release all of the fictional players to free agency and then delete them all, go back into edit league structure and there's a button to import historical teams.

Not sure if that works, but that's how I would do it if I was going to try.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #164
Ksyrup

Quote:
So after reading 4 pages, I am not convinced that this game is much improved over OOTP 9. The listed sim stats here and at the OOTP board (both out of the box and tweaked) seem slightly out of whack. Not major, but still slightly annoying (270IP, 37 GS pitchers). On the OOTP board, a 100 year sim using Skydog's settings resulted in 1, 500 homerun player and 1, 300 game winner.

Maybe I am just being negative, but as a mass simmer, career stats are very important.

Considering how long SD worked on those settings last year and the fact that he appears to be MIA this year (what's the deal on this? Is he done with OOTP or something?), I wouldn't put any stock in the fact that his v9 settings aren't working perfectly for v10, given the changes to the game. The real question is whether he's going to put any time into tweaking his settings for v10.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #165
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Considering how long SD worked on those settings last year and the fact that he appears to be MIA this year (what's the deal on this? Is he done with OOTP or something?), I wouldn't put any stock in the fact that his v9 settings aren't working perfectly for v10, given the changes to the game. The real question is whether he's going to put any time into tweaking his settings for v10.

Well, I don't know how to say it exactly, but I'm pretty sure enough stuff has changed as far as development goes and with the new pitching system that ootp9's modifiers might be close but probably will end up with some different results.

Keep in mind that those modifiers actually had to change between several of the patches in ootp9, so I would assume we need to tweak them for realism once again in ootp10.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #166
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Try running a AZL team. My team is comprised of about 13 Catchers, 2 1B, 1 2B, 10 MRs, and 3 Starters...

This is using the roster that comes with the game and making no changes to the settings at all.

Glad the roster management has improved...

I'm just getting back to OOTP after a couple yr layoff, and I remember the same problem with whatever version it was I used last. At least I'm assuming it's a problem, maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I would imagine having 94 players on GCL team can't be legit??

Last edited by JS19 : 06-05-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: a
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #167
JS19
College Prospect

EDIT: What do you do with suspended players? Johan is suspended for 15 days/games, can't demote him, can't place him on the DL, does he just stay there and take up a roster spot?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #168
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I haven't gotten into it a ton, but it really runs fast on my crappy celeron.

This is great to hear. OOTP 2007 (v8) runs very choppy on my computer (Pentium 4, 3 GHz, Dual Core)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well, I don't know how to say it exactly, but I'm pretty sure enough stuff has changed as far as development goes and with the new pitching system that ootp9's modifiers might be close but probably will end up with some different results.

Keep in mind that those modifiers actually had to change between several of the patches in ootp9, so I would assume we need to tweak them for realism once again in ootp10.

Good points.... I really wonder what a 100 year sim would look like "out of the box". Part of the problem I had with OOTP 2007 was that the out of the box settings did not produce very good stats. In 2007, if I set up a league using the default settings and ran a 100 year sim, I would see guys on the leader board with 1000 home runs. It became such a chore to set up a league, test it, tweak it, test it some more, and finally play, only to find something wrong 5 or 6 years in.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #169
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
EDIT: What do you do with suspended players? Johan is suspended for 15 days/games, can't demote him, can't place him on the DL, does he just stay there and take up a roster spot?

Yep, even if he still had options and you could demote him days only count toward his suspension when he's on the active roster.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #170
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
This is great to hear. OOTP 2007 (v8) runs very choppy on my computer (Pentium 4, 3 GHz, Dual Core)

Good points.... I really wonder what a 100 year sim would look like "out of the box". Part of the problem I had with OOTP 2007 was that the out of the box settings did not produce very good stats. In 2007, if I set up a league using the default settings and ran a 100 year sim, I would see guys on the leader board with 1000 home runs. It became such a chore to set up a league, test it, tweak it, test it some more, and finally play, only to find something wrong 5 or 6 years in.

I'll start one right now, it's going to take a little while though...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #171
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just an FYI, 4 GB ram, 2.4 Quad Core q6600 takes about 10-15 mins a year.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #172
BYU 14
Coordinator

The game is improved a ton, but I am just not getting into it. If anybody owns MB 2010 and wants OOTP 10 I would be willing to trade straight up as I am having more fun with the BM 2010 demo.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #173
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This is very aggravating - every time I try to start a game in my Continental League setup, the historical 1959 league shows up empty with no one on their rosters. I even tried deleting the old one and starting with a fresh one, same deal - really not sure what's happening here.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #174
Ksyrup

Hmm, not sure what your problem is. I'm having no problem with the historical league part of my set up. Did you create the MLB historical league, as an historical league, and then add the CL as a fictional league? If you create the MLB first, as an historical league, you should get the prompts to set it up correctly.

I finally figured out how to keep fictional players out of my universe, and there's an issue withit that I'm eventually going to post over at the OOTP board. You have to toggle the amateur draft on, but set the number of rounds to 1 and "generate players for X rounds" to 0. The problem is, the game alters those settings on its own ,so I'm having to constantly check to make sure the 1/0 settings are still there. When I close the game and come back to it, the game sets it for 1/1 (and that also seems to happen randomly), or when I added a minor league to the FL, it reset the draft to 5/6 and I had to change it back to 1/0. There's no reason why the game should be doing this - if I've decided I want 0 players generated, then it should respect that setting and not keep trying to change it. I've kept fictional players out of my universe, but it's been pretty tiresome having to check every time I stop the sim just in case the game decided to override it. I understand why it's doing it, I think - since I have the draft on, it makes no sense to not draft anyone. But that's the only way to keep fictional players from automatically appearing (without the draft, they appear as FAs and end up mixed in with the real FAs, making it impossible to find them and delete them).

Although it's early, one problem I thought about before I got the game when thinking of the new pitching system, and I'm seeing it play out in my sim, is that older starters are automatically being placed into middle relief when they get older. And while that certainly happens IRL, there are some guys that doesn't/shouldn't happen with - plenty of guys just go from great starter to good starter to mediocre to out of the league. They don't necessarily drop into MR just because their third pitch is no longer effective or their stamina drops. They fail as a starter and then get released/demoted/retire. I'm seeing some long-time starters who pitch decently the year before automatically being placed into MR the next year, presumably due to the effect of the new rating system. Not sure I like that at all. One of my biggest complaints is that the game takes preemptive action to demote/release good pitchers, and this would seem to make that issue even worse. But it's early, and I'll keep checking it out.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #175
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Can you change what screen you see while simming? I'd like to be able to see the waiver wire instead of the standings.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #176
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow, I was checking the top game performances for one season, one of the star players in the league had a game where he went 5 for 5, all home runs! Added up to 12 RBIs - total game score 165. Crazy.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #177
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Wow, I was checking the top game performances for one season, one of the star players in the league had a game where he went 5 for 5, all home runs! Added up to 12 RBIs - total game score 165. Crazy.

cool
Old 06-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #178
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Based on comments from others and my own experiences, I'm ready to chalk up injuries to position players as a bug. I think injuries running the bases are the problem -- way too high.

I'm running a 2009 league with full minors on. Midway through my first season I had to turn minor league management over to the AI because it was becoming OOTP Injury Simulator. I had about 20 guys on the DL at anyone time throughout the season covering just my organization.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #179
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Based on comments from others and my own experiences, I'm ready to chalk up injuries to position players as a bug. I think injuries running the bases are the problem -- way too high.

I'm running a 2009 league with full minors on. Midway through my first season I had to turn minor league management over to the AI because it was becoming OOTP Injury Simulator. I had about 20 guys on the DL at anyone time throughout the season covering just my organization.

I'm having much more success doing the low injuries and high fatigue. There are still too few short injuries and too many long term injuries, but it's much better.

I should sim a season at the "real MLB" injury settings and see how ridiculous it is.

Last edited by JPhillips : 06-06-2009 at 11:00 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 AM   #180
Capital
High School Varsity

I'm almost positive that there's an option to only have AAA, AA, A, maybe 1 Rookie in the minors. I cannot seem to find that option. Anyone help...6 levels of minors is too many for me? I'm actually considering just 3 levels.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #181
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't really care about roster management, gameplay, or realistic stats. Just the ability to create a league in Zimbabwe.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Just the ability to create a league in Zimbabwe.

The game will never reach its maximum potential until there are beer tents at every stadium.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #183
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
I'm almost positive that there's an option to only have AAA, AA, A, maybe 1 Rookie in the minors. I cannot seem to find that option. Anyone help...6 levels of minors is too many for me? I'm actually considering just 3 levels.

If you start a custom league, you can have any amount of minors you want - including none. Just put in your major league, and then there's the option to add any level of minors you like.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #184
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Something is wrong when using recalc ratings based on previous stats. In year 2 every single OF, C and 1B have fielding ratings of one on a one to ten scale.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #185
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Something is wrong when using recalc ratings based on previous stats. In year 2 every single OF, C and 1B have fielding ratings of one on a one to ten scale.

You can't base it off a year. You need to base it off of 3 or 5 years and even then, I never found recalc to work how it ought to.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #186
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My question is, how has it improved from last year? Not PR copy, I'm talking actual things ppl who played last year have noticed as an improvement this year?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #187
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
My question is, how has it improved from last year? Not PR copy, I'm talking actual things ppl who played last year have noticed as an improvement this year?

For improvements, the bugs that bothered me the most were all fixed with the exception of 3-4 which is a definite improvement for me.

The security for online leagues is finally close to what it should be (OOTP9 and before was just asking for people to hack league websites).

I think the arbitration system and free agency compensation seem to be much better than how it was previously implemented, but I'm still looking to try it out in a real world environment (ie: online league) before saying for sure there.

Other than that, none of the new features do alot for me. However I'm not the typical player. I really only do online leagues and fictional leagues for the most part. So I can't comment at all about historical play, MLB quickstart play or anything else.

I guess the pitching changes are a step in the right direction, but I think alot more work is needed there to make it good in my opinion. (it is better than ootp9 however either way).

I know its not a ringing endorsement from me, but I don't really give ringing endorsements of products, just my honest opinions

Old 06-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #188
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For improvements, the bugs that bothered me the most were all fixed with the exception of 3-4 which is a definite improvement for me.

The security for online leagues is finally close to what it should be (OOTP9 and before was just asking for people to hack league websites).

I think the arbitration system and free agency compensation seem to be much better than how it was previously implemented, but I'm still looking to try it out in a real world environment (ie: online league) before saying for sure there.

Other than that, none of the new features do alot for me. However I'm not the typical player. I really only do online leagues and fictional leagues for the most part. So I can't comment at all about historical play, MLB quickstart play or anything else.

I guess the pitching changes are a step in the right direction, but I think alot more work is needed there to make it good in my opinion. (it is better than ootp9 however either way).

I know its not a ringing endorsement from me, but I don't really give ringing endorsements of products, just my honest opinions

That's cool, Alan. We play similarly, so that helps. I was curious...
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #189
Ksyrup

Is anyone playing a "normal" sim (just a regular fictional or 2009 league) finding issues with the game creating "super-relievers" out of starters who the AI no longer thinks are good enough for the rotation? I hesitate to suggest there is an issue with the game since the league I'm simming out is an historical hybrid that may be causing (or exacerbating) this issue, but I'm finding a bunch of former starters making 70+ appearances with a couple of starts, throwing enough innings to qualify for the ERA title or pretty damn close, and getting 10+ wins/saves each year. Like a Mike Marshall circa 1974-type pitcher. I need to sim out a regular historical league to see what happens, but particularly back in the 20s/30s, it's a bit of a problem to see teams with 2 guys having 15+ saves (one the traditional closer, the other the "super-reliever" who looks like he's picking up a bunch of vulture wins and 3-inning saves).

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-06-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #190
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You can't base it off a year. You need to base it off of 3 or 5 years and even then, I never found recalc to work how it ought to.

If that's true the game should compensate. All I did was check the recalc box and it killed all the fielding numbers.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to start an MLB real players league with an inaugural draft sometime tonight.. then I'll start to get into the league as I'm going to play all of my games out.

Can't wait until the all in mod gets updated.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #192
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is anyone playing a "normal" sim (just a regular fictional or 2009 league) finding issues with the game creating "super-relievers" out of starters who the AI no longer thinks are good enough for the rotation? I hesitate to suggest there is an issue with the game since the league I'm simming out is an historical hybrid that may be causing (or exacerbating) this issue, but I'm finding a bunch of former starters making 70+ appearances with a couple of starts, throwing enough innings to qualify for the ERA title or pretty damn close, and getting 10+ wins/saves each year. Like a Mike Marshall circa 1974-type pitcher. I need to sim out a regular historical league to see what happens, but particularly back in the 20s/30s, it's a bit of a problem to see teams with 2 guys having 15+ saves (one the traditional closer, the other the "super-reliever" who looks like he's picking up a bunch of vulture wins and 3-inning saves).

I have not seen this issue at all so far, I've been trying to check for it periodically. I'm playing a real majors league but with fictional players - mostly what I see is what you'd expect - a few guys who are starters in the minors but relievers in the majors because of only two pitches, etc - old starters seem to just retire.

Have you checked your league's strategy settings? I know that normally the older historical leagues have pretty severe modifiers in terms of very rarely using relievers, etc - it's interesting that that doesn't seem to be happening in your game.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #193
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I logged about 4.5 hours last night, early morning getting everything setup (logos, uniforms, etc) then picked my 25 starters and let the CPU handle the rest.

I'll hopefully get my first game under my belt sometime today.

I'll say this again, X runs considerably faster than 09 did - excellent job on that part of it Markus!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #194
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing since about 10:00am and so far I'm really impressed with the game. I've progressively become more and more familiar with the interface and 09 grew on me. I'm finally moderate at being able to get information in just a few clicks on what I'm looking for.

Played my opener and the "widgets" is something that is quite spectacular!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #195
RainMaker
General Manager

How is the MLB roster set? Does it have the players career statistics? Does it have a full minors? People getting accurate careers down the line?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #196
Atocep
Coordinator

Picked it up last night after it got a thumbs up from a friend of mine along with the fact that I've been kind of bored lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How is the MLB roster set? Does it have the players career statistics? Does it have a full minors? People getting accurate careers down the line?

Full minors. Guys are rated as accurate as you could possibly expect. Career stats. I've only simmed one season so I can't comment on career accuracy.

Arbitration is finally well done.

The injuries problem isn't that there's too many or that they're too long. The problem is pitchers aren't getting enough of those injuries and position players are getting too many. Long injuries need to lean very heavily towards pitchers and I don't believe OOTP sees any difference between position players and pitchers when it comes to injuries. This is something that needs fixed very quickly.

My concern with realistic injuries is that the AI has never built a team with depth in mind so unless the AI is improved in that area injuries could expose an AI flaw even more.

Last edited by Atocep : 06-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #197
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

HAHA.. need to quit messing with these widgets..

Old 06-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #198
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm trying my first attempt at making a starter out of a two pitch pitcher after he had three very good seasons in the bullpen.

(ratings out of 20) His stuff/movement/control is 19/15/14, 16 stamina, 63% grounders, 97-99mph, 19 fastball, 21 slider.

He's pitching pretty well, 8-3 with a 3.89 ERA in a league where the ERA averages around 4.50 although he's giving up homers too often (15 in 83.1 IP)

We'll see how it goes, I have a good bullpen without this guy so a good starter is more useful to me than a dominant reliever at this point.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #199
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I'm trying my first attempt at making a starter out of a two pitch pitcher after he had three very good seasons in the bullpen.

(ratings out of 20) His stuff/movement/control is 19/15/14, 16 stamina, 63% grounders, 97-99mph, 19 fastball, 21 slider.

He's pitching pretty well, 8-3 with a 3.89 ERA in a league where the ERA averages around 4.50 although he's giving up homers too often (15 in 83.1 IP)

We'll see how it goes, I have a good bullpen without this guy so a good starter is more useful to me than a dominant reliever at this point.

Out of curiosity with the 8-3 / 3.89 ERA he has had so far, how many innings is he averaging per start? Are more of his runs against coming later in the game vs earlier?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #200
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here are my OOTP X modifiers:

If you're creating high school or college feeders here are the sabermetric creation modifiers to use:
Quote:
HIGH SCHOOL

COLLEGE
There is no automatic way to transition HS players to college. If you want to do that, you'll need to do it manually and it's a lot more hassle than it's worth, so if you want to do it, only reserve it for the top players that maybe "don't sign" with a team after being drafted (I know that happens automatically in-game,but...you could rig it out otherwise)

As for the league settings, injuries on "High" is way too high. I'd suggest going with "Low" because otherwise, you'll restrict an ability to get milestone careers in a fictional sim.

Here are the traditional creation modifiers I've used:

Pitcher Stuff, Movement, Control: 1.100
Fielding Ratings: 1.050

Here are some other adjustments I've made from the defaults:

Quote:
SP Stamina: 1.200
RP Stamina: .750
Wild Pitches, Balks, Passed Balls, Sac Flies, Sac Bunts: .750
SB Attempts: .885
SB Success %: .988
Fielding DP: .950
Outfield Assists: .950