Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #151
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
in the USA 60 % of marriages end in divorce

When did the oft quoted, completely unsubstantiated divorce rate get raised from 50% to 60%?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #152
Galaril
Pro Starter

It is starting to sound like McNair and his wife were separated and going through a divorce or starting to. There hoem was on the market and friends and the girls family are saying this now. Maybe not true but this would make a lot of sense from what we are seeing. The wife had not seen him in a number of days that sure sounds like a separation and parasailing trips?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The destruction of the family unit is a big issue in American Society. Would gangs be anywhere near the level of prevelance they are today if we had a much higher percentage of stable family households for example? Too many people have sex without thinking of the possible consequences of parenthood, and too many people get married thinking they have divorce as an "out", then have kids and that "out" becomes a lot more difficult and traumatic with a much larger impact than when they were just fooling around.

So yes, this may be common in our society, but that is not a good thing. Too many people don't stop to think about the consequences of their actions...

Great post. The significant majority of the kids I see at work who have very good outcomes are from 2 parent households. Having 2 parents isn't a guarantee that a child will turn into a basically good person, but there is no doubt that 2 good parents working together greatly increase those odds. I wish more people would make the effort to put their children first and consider them before making any significant choices in their life such as whether or not to have an affair.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #154
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
When did the oft quoted, completely unsubstantiated divorce rate get raised from 50% to 60%?

Inflation?
Drake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #155
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

We just added in Republican governors into the 'yes' divorce numbers, just in case
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #156
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2 things....

Police say woman with McNair had bought gun | ajc.com
Quote:
Police say woman with McNair had bought gun

The Associated Press
Monday, July 06, 2009
Nashville, Tenn. — Steve McNair’s 20-year-old girlfriend bought a gun a couple of days before she was found dead alongside the slain former NFL quarterback, her relative said Monday.
Farzin Abdi said police told him about the gun purchase by his aunt Sahel Kazemi, who was raised with him like a sister. Kazemi and McNair were found dead on Saturday in a Nashville condominium leased by the former Titans star.
Enlarge this image
Davidson County Sheriff
Sahel Kazemi, whose dead body was found near former NFL quarterback Steve McNair, had recently purchased a gun.

McNair's death a homicide
ReactionMemorials set
Photos: McNair's career
Photos: Tragic sports deaths
Sign McNair guestbook

Top Sports Stories
Abdi said police told him they are almost sure Kazemi was the shooter, but the 27-year-old nephew said he doesn’t believe she would do it. Abdi didn’t know what day of the week the gun was purchased or what type of gun it was.
“There was no way she was depressed and wanting to do this,” he said. “She was so happy. … She just had it made, you know, [with] this guy taking care of everything.”
Nashville police didn’t immediately have a response to Abdi’s comments.
Abdi said Kazemi believed McNair was divorcing his wife and she was preparing to sell her furniture to move in with him.
Nashville courts had no record of a McNair divorce case, but a 14,000-square-foot home he owned in Nashville is on the market for $3 million.
Mechelle McNair has been described as very distraught about her husband’s death and has not commented on it.
Before their deaths, the public knew nothing of Kazemi’s relationship with McNair, a star who had earned the respect of his fellow NFL players for shaking off defenders and injuries and the love of fans amazed at how the quarterback kept showing up for work — and winning.
He endeared himself further with his charity work. Not just from the checks he handed out, but for throwing himself into the efforts, like he did when loading boxes onto tractor-trailers bound for Hurricane Katrina victims.
Publicly, McNair was a happily married man and proud father of four sons who split his time between his Mississippi farm and a home in Music City, where celebrities are cherished, not hassled.
Police labeled his death a homicide Sunday, revealing McNair had been shot four times — twice in the head, twice in the chest — when found in a rented condominium he shared with a longtime friend, Wayne Neeley. Police found a semiautomatic pistol under Kazemi’s body.
But police spokesman Don Aaron said they were reviewing every possibility, interviewing friends of both and an ex-boyfriend before labeling Kazemi’s death.
A viewing will be held Thursday at a Nashville funeral home, followed by another viewing at Mount Zion Baptist Church with a memorial service Thursday night. A funeral service will be held Saturday in Mississippi, but final details were not set.
McNair met Kazemi at the Dave & Buster’s restaurant where she worked as a server and where his family ate often. The two began dating a few months ago in a relationship that included a vacation with parasailing. Photos posted on TMZ.com showed McNair gazing and smiling at the young Kazemi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think I've got a timeline reasonably placed together

-Several months ago McNair starts an affair with the 20 year old waitress.
-The DUI arrest a few days before the death puts McNair in an extremely awkward position. That would basically be the smoking gun his wife would need to take him to the bank in divorce proceedings.
-McNair goes over to break off the affair
-Girlfriend does not respond well, leaves 2 dead bodies.

Also, McNair...
  • ...was married
  • ...was openly cavorting around with this girl
  • ...set the girl up in a condo and apparently visited her there frequently
  • ...bought her a car
  • ...went on vacation with her
  • ...and was (apparently) shot by her.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #157
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

The maid in the library with the candlestick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #158
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
It is starting to sound like McNair and his wife were separated and going through a divorce or starting to. There hoem was on the market and friends and the girls family are saying this now. Maybe not true but this would make a lot of sense from what we are seeing. The wife had not seen him in a number of days that sure sounds like a separation and parasailing trips?

I thinnk stevew nailed the possible scenario, but I would add that so far, it's only her family/friends who are saying she told them he was getting a divorce and planning to marry her. So that means one of a few possibilities - he told her those things and was planning to actually carry through with it (with his wife either knowing or not - at this point the quotes are that she was "blindsided" by it); he kinda lead her to believe those things ("you're going to leave your wife and marry me, right?" "Yeah, baby, sure."); or she so desperately wanted them to happen that she told people all about it, and it was just a fantasy creatted by an ongoing affair.

I think stevew's scenario makes quite a lot of sense, and under any of the scenarios above, her reaction to him breaking it off, given what she either knew he told her or what she had concocted in her head, would fit. You're talking about a 20-year waitress dating a former star football player who she thinks (real or imaginiary) she is going to marry. And then all of a sudden, he tells her it's over.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #159
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Can't both be true? As I've argued before, much to my detriment, a person is a jumble of contradictions. Nobody is 100% good or bad, but we want to break things down so that they are easy to categorize. The guy that gets a DUI has no character, the women that locked her child in the car is a terrible person, or now McNair is a bad guy.

If I've learned one thing as a Christian it's that we're all flawed, some more than others, but all of us are in the same boat. I didn't know McNair, but from what I've read it seems he was both a good guy and a bad guy depending on the circumstances. My sins are different, but if I'm honest with myself i'm no better or less flawed than him.

I don't necessarily think you have to be a Christian to know that, but other than that I agree wholeheartedly with you.

But surely you've been around long enough to know common sense is not what is required here - we're still in the knee-jerk hyperbolic stage with very little knowledge of what happened to add fuel to the fire
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #160
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
it's only her family/friends who are saying she told them he was getting a divorce and planning to marry

Some of the facts say this. How many married fathers of four do you know who rent additional living space, are selling their family homes, and have no contact with their wives for days?

It sounds to me like they were headed for separate lives, but trying to do it quietly.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #161
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think I'm just a little bit surprised by the two-to-the-chest, two-to-the-head bit.

Center of mass to put him down, headshots to finish him off. Reasonable. But a 20-year-old waitress in a fit of pique and rage is going to have the presence of mind to treat it that way? Either this chick already had some experience in how to use firearms to take a target down, she just blindly stumbled into it, or...there's more to the story somewhere.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #162
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I think I'm just a little bit surprised by the two-to-the-chest, two-to-the-head bit.

Center of mass to put him down, headshots to finish him off. Reasonable. But a 20-year-old waitress in a fit of pique and rage is going to have the presence of mind to treat it that way? Either this chick already had some experience in how to use firearms to take a target down, she just blindly stumbled into it, or...there's more to the story somewhere.

Or she just blasted away at close range.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #163
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

While we may never know the truth of the matter, I am inclined to believe there is more to this than meets the eye. A 5'4'' waitress shooting a 6'2'' 230 lb former NFL player not once, not twice, but four times? Two of those in the head? Maybe the way it looks is the way it happened, but I have my doubts. There is more than meets the eye here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #164
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some of the facts say this. How many married fathers of four do you know who rent additional living space, are selling their family homes, and have no contact with their wives for days?

It sounds to me like they were headed for separate lives, but trying to do it quietly.

That's entirely possible as well. I also think that after 12 years of marriage he may have easily found the ways to explain being away. "Honey, I need to go to nashville for this restaurant thing. I really want you to come but the kids are all in some various activity and it might be better if you stay at home."

And I really doubt the wife knows everything about his complex finances, it wouldn't be hard to have a place rented out without her knowing about it, to have a vehicle he "uses for buisiness" in TN, or any other manner of hidden type stuff.

But the DUI in his car had to be something that McNair couldn't easily explain away, not with the girl and him both in it at 2am.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #165
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Where are the batons?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #166
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

That was my point.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #167
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
While we may never know the truth of the matter, I am inclined to believe there is more to this than meets the eye. A 5'4'' waitress shooting a 6'2'' 230 lb former NFL player not once, not twice, but four times? Two of those in the head? Maybe the way it looks is the way it happened, but I have my doubts. There is more than meets the eye here.

Yes, there still is a lot to uncover I believe. Who knows maybe, he had some restaurant enemies in town and the young girlfriend was a convenient way to go making here look like the gunmen. It all seems quite neat and tidy, which screams not t the whole story.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #168
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
T

And I really doubt the wife knows everything about his complex finances, it wouldn't be hard to have a place rented out without her knowing about it, to have a vehicle he "uses for buisiness" in TN, or any other manner of hidden type stuff.

I agree. Many of the articles mention that the condo was not in McNair's name, it was in a friends' name. While his wife may not have known where he was for two days (and that certainly does sound suspicious), that doesn't mean he didn't tell her he was going to be gone for some time, just that she didn't know where he was.

That said, regardless of what she may have THOUGHT about the status of their relationship, dude was apparently dating this 20 year old for months, prone to disappearing for days, drinking and driving, making crappy decisions and making clandestine financial deals to secure a condo and vehicle for his away-from-home pursuits...with that many big red flags, I think she would have to work REALLY hard on her denial, in order to not notice something was wrong with her relationship.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #169
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

Someone on another board brought up a few interesting points regarding that story:
  • Who sold a 20 year old a gun?
  • Why on earth would the police tell her nephew that she had bought a gun?

The nephew is a relative to the woman who is still considered a suspect in this crime, police probably aren't going out of the way to share classified information with a distant relative of their only suspect.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #170
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Who sold a 20 year old a gun?

Why wouldn't a 20 year old be allowed to buy a gun?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #171
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Why wouldn't a 20 year old be allowed to buy a gun?

You have to be 21 to purchase a handgun, or handgun ammo. Although the article didn't say she necessarily bought a handgun, they'd be reporting a hell of a red herring if they were obscuring the fact she bought a rifle or shotgun.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-06-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #172
molson
General Manager

Quote:
You have to be 21 to purchase a handgun, or handgun ammo.

Ahh, didn't know that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #173
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
But the DUI in his car had to be something that McNair couldn't easily explain away, not with the girl and him both in it at 2am.

I thought I read in one of the early articles that McNair's name was kept out of the arrest report, and it only came out after his death?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #174
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Someone on another board brought up a few interesting points regarding that story:
  • Who sold a 20 year old a gun?
  • Why on earth would the police tell her nephew that she had bought a gun?

The nephew is a relative to the woman who is still considered a suspect in this crime, police probably aren't going out of the way to share classified information with a distant relative of their only suspect.

Too many conspiracies for me. The police are now corroborating the nephew's story that she bought a gun.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ne++police+say

I'm not clear on gun laws, but it appears that she bought it from a private owner, which may not have violated federal law.....if the sale WAS illegal, the seller is probably crapping his/her pants right about now.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #175
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
That said, regardless of what she may have THOUGHT about the status of their relationship, dude was apparently dating this 20 year old for months, prone to disappearing for days, drinking and driving, making crappy decisions and making clandestine financial deals to secure a condo and vehicle for his away-from-home pursuits...with that many big red flags, I think she would have to work REALLY hard on her denial, in order to not notice something was wrong with her relationship.

I think that would have told her there was something wrong with her husband...which might include the stress of starting a new business venture or coping with the end of his football career (which any sports psychologist will tell you is traumatic). If he wasn't communicating that there was a problem with the relationship, she had no grounds to assume he was having an affair...only that he was going through a rough patch and she should do what she could to support him.

Spouses who aren't given the full story can only act on the information they're given.

There's a wide gulf between "my spouse is behaving erratically" and "my spouse is having an affair". Most of us can't imagine it's even a possibility until it becomes fact. And even then, we spend a long time trying to deny the hell out of it.

There's a reason the most common question a betrayed spouse asks is "How could you do this to me?" The idea that they might just doesn't enter into your worldview.
Drake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #176
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm of the belief sometime after the DUI McNair told his gf it's over and she lost it and killed him and then herself.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #177
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm not one who thinks it was anything other than a murder-suicide, but damn the ex-boyfriend has some issues...

Who are the other people in the McNair case? | The Law | NashvillePost.com: Nashville Business News + Nashville Political News

Quote:
According to posted Web profiles, Norfleet lives in the Antioch area and is an aspiring rapper who goes by the name KaNe.

He has a personal Web page on SoundClick.com where he refers to himself as “antiochs finest,” and has posted 31 rap mixes, some of which appear to refer to Norfleet and Kazemi’s relationship.

One of those rap mixes has content that seems to raise even more questions about Norfleet.

In a rap based on Eminem's "Benzino Dis," using lyrics rewritten by Norfleet (retitled “Closed Casket”) and posted on Feb. 2 — after McNair and Kazemi had started dating — the aspiring rapper lets loose with some rhymes that are chilling to say the least. A partial transcript of the song is below and here is a link to hear the song in its entirety. (Some of the lyrics have explicit content.)

Hear the entire track, here.

(Chorus)
"I don’t wanna be like this
I don’t really wanna hurt no feelings
But I’m only being real when I say
Nobody wanna see an old man collapse
And old men have heart attacks
I don’t wanna be responsible for that
So let the s**t go and walk away
You can still have a little bit of dignity"

(Lyrics)
“I would never claim to be no
Benjamin Tebow, an 83-Year old fake Pacino
So how could he run his mouth about me
Knowing nothing about me

I love it when a dumbass doubts me
Until I pull the pistol out proudly
Put the clip in his mouth
Til this motherf***er shouts, ‘please don’t kill’
Have you sippin through a straw for the next 8 months
That’s if you even make it through it alive you dumb f**k

Try to stunt and front and fronting in front of somebody else
Til you're surrounded by 20 people With nobody’s help
If you try to go incredible hulk it won’t work
Put so many holes in you your nerves won’t even jerk
Lurking in the shadows thinking and scheming of work
Got a little cocky so you decided to flirt
Now you’re flirting with death"

The final verse in the song set to Eminem's "Nail in the Coffin" instrumental track is as follows;

"If you ever do it again b***h I’m not rapping
I’m getting a clip and clapping and I’m not laughing
They’re wrapping you up for your little trip to the morgue
While I’m preparing for my trip to the shore,
Don’t ignore me, I’m not lying, I couldn’t be more honest
If you ever do it again, you’ll die, I promise.”

The discovery of the song by NashvillePost.com and The City Paper staff today shows eerie connections to the case. Metro Police have stated on more than one occasion that Norfleet is not a suspect.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #178
thesloppy
Pro Starter

There was also apparently a post on a friend of Norfleet's Myspace page that made reference to McNair being "nobody in 2009" and "RIP Sahel Kazemi" that was timestamped 2 days before their death. They're now saying that was some sort of timestamp problem with the mobile he sent it from that caused it to be dated wrong.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/co...le-mcnair-case

Also, Keith Norfleet looks like he's 12, and is not the dude I imagined as a love rival for a recent NFL player:

I too am going to stick with the murder-suicide until the police tell me different (and what kinda pro killer would set it up to look like a near prefect murder-suicide, but make a Myspace post about/publish a song about/announce their intentions to murder the victim), but between the boyfriend's rap lyrics, the friends' Myspace post, and the chick at the bar yelling about "roofies", there's three coincidental (tho completely) questionable death threats. Odd.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #179
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just some random facts(from 2006)

http://www.vpc.org/studies/amroul2006.pdf

out of 264 suicides in a murder/suicide, only 16 were female

It's hard to find an exact rate of where the female shot herself, but only 31% of female suicides were by gun in 2005.

hxxp://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html

So, a bit of an outlier perhaps here, but I would probably assume that in a female murder/suicide by a gun, the female most likely did shoot herself as well. Not like you're going to shoot someone and then poison yourself(the most popular of suicide in women).

Question I would have, is if they were head/face shots, or more of the chest variety. I don't think women generally shoot themselves in the head, but I can't find the data.

Still, it's probably a Murder/Suicide just due to Occam's Razor.

Last edited by stevew : 07-08-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #180
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Question I would have, is if they were head/face shots, or more of the chest variety. I don't think women generally shoot themselves in the head, but I can't find the data.

I believe there is some controversy to that aspect as well, as (if I recall correctly) there were 2 mid-range shots into McNair's body, and 2 shots to his temples, suggesting someone who might have more experience with firearms, and she had 1 shot to the head. That's all from my memory though, and based on some-other-dude-on-the-internet's analysis, so take it with a few million grains of salt.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #181
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I mean, like if a woman killed herself with a gun, where is she shooting herself.

And yeah, the gunshots to mcnair don't really seem to add up to someone who is supposedly an amatuer.

Unless, maybe the chest shots were first, and then the 2 head shots were post-mortem type "making sure he's dead" shots.

Last edited by stevew : 07-08-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:35 AM   #182
JeeberD
General Manager

ESPN was reporting this morning that the first three shots were from three feet or further, and the fourth shot (one of the headshots) was with the gun pressed to his head. What exactly that shows, I dunno...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #183
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Shouldn't the crime scene experts be able to piece together all the splatter (and whatnot) evidence to figure out if Kazemi killed herself?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 AM   #184
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm still not convinced that the police are taking their time to try and get someone to blink and make a suspect accidentally make themselves obvious as a possible murderer. I think they did this somewhere within the last year.

Last edited by rowech : 07-08-2009 at 06:31 AM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #185
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
ESPN was reporting this morning that the first three shots were from three feet or further, and the fourth shot (one of the headshots) was with the gun pressed to his head. What exactly that shows, I dunno...

I guess it could fit multiple scenarios, but seems to me like maybe he fell asleep on the couch and she shot him from 3 feet away 3 times and either he wasn't immediately dead or she wanted to make sure he was dead, so she put the gun close to his head and fired one shot.

As far as the police having no motive, I assume that's because they have no proof of what a lot of us suspect - after the DUI, he decided to break up with her and that pushed her over the edge. All they have, apparently, is that she bought the gun after that happened, but no statements from her or him to others about the situation. Hard to believe McNair's family/friends knew nothing about her, yet she was going around talking about him getting divorced, buying her cars, taking her on trips, and getting married.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-08-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #186
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Hard to believe McNair's family/friends knew nothing about her, yet she was going around talking about him getting divorced, buying her cars, taking her on trips, and getting married.

Yes...sounds like somebody(s) has some splaining to do to Mrs. McNair when the dust settles on this.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #187
Ksyrup

It's unclear whether she knew what was going on. They might have decided to separate/divorce, and maybe she even knew he was dating while they were separated (if, in fact, they were separated), but I doubt she knew the extent of this particular relationship - at least what the girl told her family/friends.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #188
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Shouldn't the crime scene experts be able to piece together all the splatter (and whatnot) evidence to figure out if Kazemi killed herself?
I think so. Plus gun powder residue and the angle of shots fired.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #189
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:

Bill Clinton?

My money is still on this being tied to the Car accident. And, the Police giving Mcnair special treatment.
Quote:
Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath,but refused a breathalyzer test..."

You have an underage girl driving who smells of alcohol, and her 30 something boyfriend sitting in the passenger seat. I wonder where she got the booze from? How in the world could the Police just let him call a Taxi and ride away.

LOL.... "I am sure Pro QB Steve Mcnair had nothing to do with this underage drinking and driving", said the Police Officer.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #190
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
My money is still on this being tied to the Car accident. And, the Police giving Mcnair special treatment.

You have an underage girl driving who smells of alcohol, and her 30 something boyfriend sitting in the passenger seat. I wonder where she got the booze from? How in the world could the Police just let him call a Taxi and ride away.

There was no car accident, was there? Just a DWI?

Letting McNair go from being a passenger in a DWI is not special treatment. Its pretty much the standard way that also intoxicated passengers get home from DWI stops, since they have not (at least by virtue being a passenger of someone driving drunk) committed any sort of crime.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #191
Kodos
Resident Alien

Police are now saying the girlfriend shot him while he slept on the couch, and then turned the gun on herself.

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090708/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed

Police: McNair girlfriend behind murder-suicide

AP

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Police confirmed Wednesday that ex-NFL star Steve McNair's 20-year-old girlfriend killed him before turning the gun on herself.

They said they may never know what was going through Sahel Kazemi's mind when she shot McNair in his condominium early Saturday, but interviews with friends indicated she was becoming increasingly distraught over events in her life, including financial problems. Police said she also suspected McNair was seeing another woman.

She told a friend on Friday that "My life is a ball of s--- and I should end it," Police Chief Ronal Serpas said.

Police earlier had labeled McNair's death a homicide, but awaited further tests and investigation before saying for sure what happened.

McNair, a quarterback for the Tennessee Titans most of his career, met Kazemi six months ago at a restaurant where she was a waitress and his family often ate. She seemed happy and eager to build a life with him, but something went wrong.

Kazemi had recently told an associate that her "personal life was all screwed up." She had mounting debts and her roommate was moving out, which would have doubled her rent.

"We do know that she was clearly sending a message during the last five to seven days of her life that things were going bad quickly," Serpas said, though there was no indication she told anyone she planned to harm McNair.

Serpas said detectives learned that Kazemi recently found out about another young woman she thought McNair was romantically involved with and even followed that woman home, though she did not confront her.

Police believe McNair was asleep on a sofa at a condominium he rented with a friend when Kazemi shot him in the head. She then apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head and then shooting herself.

She sat next to his body and tried to position herself to fall into his lap when she died. She did, but her body slid to the floor and ended up at McNair's feet, Serpas said. The gun was found underneath Kazemi.

Her family told reporters Kazemi was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him.

But associate Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable association for years, said McNair's wife, Mechelle McNair, "didn't know who this girl is." No records of divorce proceedings have surfaced.

Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving the Cadillac Escalade sport utility vehicle that McNair gave her for her birthday in May.

According to an arrest affidavit, Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath. She refused a breath test and told an officer "she was not drunk, she was high." She was charged with DUI. McNair was with her but not charged. He later made her bail.

Serpas said that even though the Cadillac had both her name and McNair's on the title, she was apparently responsible for making payments. She was also making payments on another car after failing to sell it.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #192
rowech
Pro Starter

Police said she also suspected McNair was seeing another woman.

Perhaps he was seeing his wife? Call it a hunch.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #193
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I love how Dirk's Nowitzki knocks a chick up who lives at his house, is supposedly engaged to her and she's just "woman arrested at Dirk's house or purported girlfriend," while dead and married Steve McNair's mistress is called his "girlfriend" simply because her family said so.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I love how Dirk's Nowitzki knocks a chick up who lives at his house, is supposedly engaged to her and she's just "woman arrested at Dirk's house or purported girlfriend," while dead and married Steve McNair's mistress is called his "girlfriend" simply because her family said so.

Maybe it's just me, but "girlfriend" sounds less prejudicial than mistress.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #195
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Them bitches be crazy. McNair got killed by some crazy chick... that is crazy.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #196
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but "girlfriend" sounds less prejudicial than mistress.

Point well taken, sir. I was just thinking in the vein of accuracy and quibbling about the silliness of journalists.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #197
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Them bitches be crazy. McNair got killed by some crazy chick... that is crazy.

Yup, guess so.............Damn Steve forgotten the #1 rule when you tell a girl you are dumping her or give a sign you are for god sake don't go to sleep with her in the same house as you.Wow that was tragic and dumb on his part. And she was definitely crazy at the end for sure having shot and killed him then shooting him 3 more times and then shooting herslef so she would fall into his arms wow batnut crazy.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #198
Zelig
Mascot

I guess that does it.
Zelig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #199
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Totally crazy. She was pissed because she thought he was seeing someone else? I guess she drew the line just past her boyfriend having a wife.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #200
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Damn..kinda makes me worry about all the women I'm going to treat badly in the future.