Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2004, 03:27 PM   #151
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Been away. Unbelievable that this is three-pager.

And it is also about to take over in post count, my family driven thread "can a child molester be hot?" - DAMN IT!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:28 PM   #152
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
And it is also about to take over in post count, my family driven thread "can a child molester be hot?" - DAMN IT!

The King of all FOFC Media strikes again.

Sweet victory.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:29 PM   #153
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Who wrote this for you Shorty? These are not the words of a drunken youth!

I agreed with everything he said. Chubby and Shorty agreement in one day has me reeling.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #154
LivnLegend
n00b

Again, more spin, no apology, Youlwill clearly never admit to any wrongdoing. PLEASE remove my files from your combined file. If you will honor that little request, I'll walk away happy and will never bring it up to anyone ever again.
LivnLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #155
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
The King of all FOFC Media strikes again.

Sweet victory.

And it had to be you who overtook me! You have won this time HFP, but we will meet again!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #156
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
You obviously have no idea about how much time LL invested into this project.

Shorty, all I know is that he used other people's work one way (the generic thank you), and then expected other people to treat HIS work as different.

And combined with the posts he's made in this thread, the one at OOTP, and after seeing SD's measured remarks, I have NO trouble at all in calling him a hypocrite and that he's pitching a fit for no good reason.

The sad thing is that this crybaby will likely keep others who have used others work to make something neat for the community from releasing it, for fear that some crybaby will pitch a fit like the one LL has pulled.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #157
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Skydog, what have you learned from this fiasco?
Lemme guess:

Don't do anything that would be useful because someone will always try to fuck it up.

Did I win?
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:34 PM   #158
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
The sad thing is that this crybaby will likely keep others who have used others work to make something neat for the community from releasing it, for fear that some crybaby will pitch a fit like the one LL has pulled.

Speaking of personal attacks.......
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #159
LivnLegend
n00b

Quote:
The PM you sent me used the exact same words as the original message board post: in other words, a VERY accusatory tone.

The "earnest PM" post of mine that you are responding to is the last PM I sent where I kindly asked you to removed my files from your file, not the one you posted. There was nothing "accusatory" contained in it and I sent it after this mess blew up.

I'm not sure why you think it's okay to post private messages here but I guess it goes hand in hand with the whole issue that caused this mess.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #160
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Shorty, all I know is that he used other people's work one way (the generic thank you), and then expected other people to treat HIS work as different.

And combined with the posts he's made in this thread, the one at OOTP, and after seeing SD's measured remarks, I have NO trouble at all in calling him a hypocrite and that he's pitching a fit for no good reason.

There have been numerous opportunities for this situation to be resolved. If it isn't, I don't think the blame falls on the shoulders of LivnLegend.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #161
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Oh that is good. Atleast you got a reference to that thread in one of my threads (splitting the forums, i do believe). Cause I mean, a child molester can obviously be hot.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #162
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLegend
Again, more spin, no apology, Youlwill clearly never admit to any wrongdoing. PLEASE remove my files from your combined file. If you will honor that little request, I'll walk away happy and will never bring it up to anyone ever again.
That's a non-issue. I've removed the entire file from the server, in case you haven't noticed. My issue is with your half-truths, mischaracterizations, and dang near flat-out lies.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #163
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
This is to funny...FOBL constitution.... me thinks some follows take the game to serious...

funny you mention that constitution nooper, we just added the following amendment to that document...

Quote:
Amendment IX: Noop must forever lick the collective love pumps of the FOBL owners. Daily.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #164
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I agreed with everything he said. Chubby and Shorty agreement in one day has me reeling.

Yeah, while I just caught up, I did notice I agreed with you, which I think is a first in over 3 years. Congratulations on your victory ct.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #165
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

DING DING

Round 2
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #166
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
Lemme guess:

Don't do anything that would be useful because someone will always try to fuck it up.

Did I win?
Ding, ding, ding!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The two threads are now neck and neck, which will pull away?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #168
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Fozzie, I have lost a lot of respect for you.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #169
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Speaking of personal attacks.......

Ok.. I'm guilty of that..but his post saying "I'm seeing how easy it is here for people to act like assholes" isn't a personal attack?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #170
LivnLegend
n00b

Quote:

I'm a "crybaby" for standing up for morality and my own beliefs?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #171
Ben E Lou

Quote:
The "earnest PM" post of mine that you are responding to is the last PM I sent where I kindly asked you to removed my files from your file, not the one you posted. There was nothing "accusatory" contained in it and I sent it after this mess blew up.
My bad. I've been afk for a couple of hours or so, and haven't read it yet. Going to check it now.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's a non-issue. I've removed the entire file from the server, in case you haven't noticed. My issue is with your half-truths, mischaracterizations, and dang near flat-out lies.

That is sad

I'm glad I got home early from work and got this great file before it was removed.

I hate this kind of fighting about credit that only harms the community as a whole.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-30-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:39 PM   #173
MrIllini
High School Varsity

everyone run! the morality card has come out!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #174
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Skydog, you should have told him he has the prettiest eyes. it always works like a a charm.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:41 PM   #175
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIllini
everyone run! the morality card has come out!
Yes but which side will take advantage of it?

Find out after these commercial breaks!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #176
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

This is why I love FOFC: just when things seem like they're a bit dull around here, WHAMMO, drama comes flying out of left field and starts nibbling on your ankles.

Which tickles a bit, by the way.

Look, it seems to me that the sensible thing to do would be for both parties to step back, give the other the benefit of the doubt as to their intents, and make nice. Let this all blow over, perhaps even apologize to each other, if the inclination strikes either of you.

And it seems a shame for the facepack SkyDog compiled to go to waste. I suggest that he add an acknowledgement of LL's and Killebrew's contributions, along with a general statement like, "If you see your work included here and haven't been credited drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll add your name to the readme credits."

Just my $.02.

Last edited by Fonzie : 06-30-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:46 PM   #177
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Fozzie, I have lost a lot of respect for you.

I'm sorry you have, Shorty. At one point in this conversation, I told Draft Dodger, that while I respected his opinion, that we'd have to agree to disagree about LL's base complaint. (way back at posts 71 and 72, accepted by DD on post 78)

Apparently, LL was still willing to fight, and misconstrued (whether deliberately or not) several things said that didn't even concern him (the "Ignorant Fucktard" joke with Schmidty) and the joke that for once, one of our flamewars didn't get locked down because we had consciously kept it civil.. decided that he wasn't as done as he declared, and immediately called the people who participate at FOFC assholes.. well, you get what you give.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:47 PM   #178
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
This is to funny...FOBL constitution.... me thinks some follows take the game to serious...
What's funny is you are too fucking stupid to have any idea what you are talking about.

Next time you want to pass judgement on something, try pulling your head out of Bobby Bowden's pussy for two fucking seconds...

Good luck with all of your future endeavors.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:49 PM   #179
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
It really hurts to see you gave no mention or no credit to my fictional face packs which you unashamedly added into your file.
Personally, I think it's barking up the wrong tree to use "unashamedly" against a guy who wears (and proudly displays) patriotic undies.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:49 PM   #180
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

everyone run! the 'Bobby Bowden's pussy' card has come out!
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:49 PM   #181
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
... "If you see your work included here and haven't been credited drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll add your name to the readme credits."...
Fonz, that email addy doesn't seem to work...

Last edited by fantastic flying froggies : 06-30-2004 at 03:50 PM.
fantastic flying froggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #182
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Subby has been a bit pissy since they Canceled Jessie.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #183
vtbub
College Starter

GOALIE FIGHT

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #184
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm a "crybaby" for standing up for morality and my own beliefs?

If it will help, I will retract the crybaby statement. Hopefully you will retract your statement calling the people who participate here as assholes as well.

I think your actions are roughly the same (taking other people's work, modifying it, and posting it with a generic "Thanks to the people who came up with this)), as SkyDog's.

I can understand how you can feel differently, because of the amount of time you put in on this.

All I was asking at first is that you respect MY opinion in return, and try to work things out without resulting in name calling and accusations.

It's really the Golden Rule. Treat others as you would have them treat you. I admit I'm just as guilty when it comes to breaking it in this conversation, but by no means am I the only who is so guilty.

David
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM   #185
korme
Go Reds

Wow, I heard some of the files in there are from Facegen, so in essence, some of my work too.. but I am not concerned with that, on to my point!

Listen SkyDog, I compiled a huge project of FaceGen pictures. I did make some, but not all, as a lot of guys stepped up and helped to put together nearly 2,000 ficticious, generated photos. In my very first post stating the release:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
Thanks goes out to all of the contributers:
amitchell - blueturf - clashcity - gbmoore - markmeister - nmleague - poison maddux - shorty.

It's just the right thing to do.

Last edited by korme : 06-30-2004 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #186
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Fonz, that email addy doesn't seem to work...

Oops, forgot that would show up as a hyperlink. Heh.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #187
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
<<< Not a case of Commissioner ass-kissing, BTW. No one better play THAT card.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:51 PM   #188
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:

there's no such card, they've gone electronic

you have to use a clit print
Old 06-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #189
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

I'm not sure why you think it's okay to post private messages here but I guess it goes hand in hand with the whole issue that caused this mess.

Umm, dude, YOU brought up the issue of content of your PM's to SkyDog, in the midst of an accusation of wrongdoing on his part. If you did not want their content released publicly, you should not have publicly refered to their tone or content.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I want a burp email address.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #191
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Subby, please take your fight out of this thread...I'm getting confused.

Is it you and Noop fighting, or you and SkyDog fighting, or you and SirFozzie fighting?

Oh yeah, you're definitely going to Hell for this threadjack.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #192
vtbub
College Starter

Kerry Fraser and the linesman wait for the fighters to fall on the ice.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #193
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Would this be the appropriate point to mention that I had a mrskippy sighting the other day?
Old 06-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #194
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Can't we all just get along?

*sobs*
Old 06-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #195
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Laughs.. I think if this was the WWE, the ref would have thrown this fight out for "Outside interference" a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago
Old 06-30-2004, 03:55 PM   #196
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Would this be the appropriate point to mention that I had a mrskippy sighting the other day?

Yes, the fighting has gotten a bit slow of late, so hit us with it.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #197
vtbub
College Starter

MY GOD....THAT'S HORNS MUSIC.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #198
korme
Go Reds

Teddyballgame made a great point in the OOTP thread if you all aren't following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyballgame
This is classic. Legend and Killebrew put tons of hard work in their facepacks. They have great, distinctive products. Another guy comes along, takes their work, puts his name on it and defends it by saying it contains the words "compilation" and 4 or 5 guys helped. See the word compilation doesn't imply anything. Theres nothing to indicate this isn't a compilation of SkyDog's own work. Than several others say LL didn't give credit to the photographers for their work! Firstly, LL did explicity acknowledge that he did not take the photos. And, if you're going to compare that to what SkyDog did, than you know you're reaching.

But jesus, 49 members viewing this thread!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #199
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Noop is actually Subby's alter-ego. His application to attend Florida State was rejected long ago, and stamped NO OP (for "no option")...he repressed the resultant rage for years, but every now and then...Noop returns.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #200
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Note to Self: Take Skydog's research, change the title, claim as mine.

Personally, I fail to see how Skydog can come across as the victim here- it is fairly standard practice among the modding commmunity for OOTP to credit people for their work, be it rosters, facepacks, schedules, etc- and that's all LL ever asked for. Frankly, the ignorance of this is fairly justified, but opposition even after being made aware of it shows a side of Skydog I havent seen here.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote