Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2004, 10:46 AM   #151
Thomkal
Head Coach

Did someone say radiation? Don't know if I'll be there or not for the respec, but if I am, I never really got into the reactor room, so someone will have to point out where these coolant belts/radiation shields are to me and how to use them beforehand, so I don't slow us down more than I normally do.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:46 PM   #152
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
A few things I've read on the boards about the respec mission:

- There should be coolant belts available for everyone on the team. Some people said that they were able to take two , but would be best for everyone to just grab one I suppose.
- A lot of people are saying that the mission is geared towards the highest member. I also read that some people believe the mission is geared towards whomever is talking with the contact...haven't been able to verify either yet.
- The red bubble that one of us got when entering the reactor room is something ALL of us should have. it's a radiation shield. And you can renew it by going back to get it again in the annex room. Not sure how to get it yet, but there's something in that room that hands out a shield. Will block you from taking damage from reactor. During down time between waves people on the boards said they would go back to the pre-room before reactor room to get another red bubble shield.
- Lots of people say it's best to stay together. Might be kinda hard, as I'm going to stick by reactor to keep hurricane doing it's thing, but lots of teams on the boards said that was one of the things that helped them is to stick around each other for buffs and AoE damage from spines or whatever.
- Some people are saying that they're failing the mission before they enter the room...possibly from the bombs in the hallway going off, and setting things into motion in the reactor room....again can't confirm any of this, but others are saying that if anyone with invisi scouts ahead, this will also start the events in the reactor room.

Nice homework! We should print this out and have it on hand Tuesday night.

I think you get the red shield simply by running up to the object in the hallway that is clickable (the thing we protected Last week that wasn't the reactor).

I am now ultra-sure that, had we all taken the coolant powers, we would have succeeded this weekend. The dying part is a different story, but at least we would have succeeded.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:54 PM   #153
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I wondered what that red shield was doing. I'll be there Tuesday night. I think I can confirm that the mission was set to whoever talked to the contact. If it were set to the highest member, I should've been it, and we should've seen much harder mobs. Since we have nothing to lose by having the lowest member of the TF take the mission, I think that is what should happen.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:21 PM   #154
C.J.
n00b

I'd have to agree...just my opinion, but I've done this mission enough already and gotten enough debt from it that I just want it over and done with so we can all respec finally. Not to mention the time we've put into it only to walk out of there with another week of getting half the XP you should get because of your debt. If the mission is truely set by the lvl of the person that talks to the contact, we should get one us lowbies to do it so we can breeze through it. Would save us a lot of time too....time we could spend playing with some of the new powers we respec with.
GI buffs and Albino smokes and GI drinks and we die, hey!
- Non-Traditional CoH/Irish Folk Song
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #155
Bonegavel

I smell Gail as team leader tonight.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:30 PM   #156
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Hangfire may be able to get there tonight, I'm still about 2k from 27 and about 10k in debt (maybe higher since it was a blur since trying to kill that tank smasher).
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:37 PM   #157
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, I'll be there. I've worked off over 300,000 in debt this level (easy to tell since I've been in debt since I got to level 33), and I'm down to less than 55k in debt. Hopefully I'll work that off tonight.

As a side note, I'm so used to debt at this point, if I didn't have any I'd feel like I powerleveled.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:00 PM   #158
Raiders Army
Coordinator

w00t!!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:07 PM   #159
Bonegavel

double w00t!!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:13 PM   #160
gi
College Prospect

Here is the only screenshot I took from the respec mission:

gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #161
C.J.
n00b

Talking RESPEC!!!

Congrats again to everyone that made it through with us on the respec mission last night. I uploaded the 3 screenshots I took along with a few other misc. other ones.

Respec 1
Respec 2
Respec 3
Aucoin before 2nd attempt at respec
Aucoin? Hmmm....(1st attempt at respec)
Watch out...a controller pretending to be a blaster
Hmm...so now citizens are carrying around enormous sized emeralds. I don't blame the villan for trying to steal it.
I should of stolen that myself and turned it in for influence to pay off my debt.

Last edited by C.J. : 09-29-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:22 AM   #162
Bonegavel

Oh my! Nice pics. Totally forgot about snapping any.

I tooled around Brickstown for about 20 minutes or so and my new setup is sweet. Between 6 slotted stamina and 6 slotted quick recovery I can run all my toggles and not run out of endurance (something I couldn't do before).

I don't know exactly what that TF had against us, but everything leading up to the reactor room suggested that we were in for double digit deaths. But, we get to the reactor room and we see nothing but 32/33's?! Whacky.

Anywho, as was mentioned last night, if Cometflash wants to try it again I am willing to go through it again for him (don't worry comet, gail has recall friend!) but I don't think it can be Thursday night as I have to be up early for work Friday.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #163
gi
College Prospect

Now that I have a ton of influence, I'll log in after work today and do some minor costume changes. New belt..etc. Have to get rid of soul patch too. I'd like to do missions for Thursday so I can reduce my enourmous debt total from respec.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #164
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I dedicated an hour to grinding, now I have only two slots of red debt (around 30k). Which was an achievement after being up to 42k. Spent the majority of my time in Terra Volta (cringe Cometflash cringe) beating up on a 3 group set of Sky Raiders in one circuit. Nothing exciting about it, but until I can get debt down to an appealing level, it's all I plan to do (that an some missions, I really need to get story arcs going now that smoke grenade is kaput).

I do like blazing bolt (kind of like Silver Streak's electric sniper bolt) and while I have yet to use cloaking device, I'm sure it'll be useful in some levels; it is more to be used for when I get tripmine. My problem was I took aim before cloak and then realized that tripmine would be somewhat worthless without cloak.

I don't miss hasten, mainly because I alpha strike and as long as I hit hard there isn't much left when I'm done. I use blazing bolt for the stragglers who run. It's working well, though I must admit I'm more cautious and the process of xp is far slower.

I don't mind dying too much, I mean I'm better off than poor Aucoin (7 deaths).

Thanks to Silver Streak for getting me those endurance reducers, keeps the blue fully charged.

During the respec, I am seeing that I'm more of a liability till the last room. Let's face it, all my AoEs don't help me when I'm facing 35s and I'm just a lowly 27.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #165
Thomkal
Head Coach

Did someone say "Terra Volta?" :::shudder:::

Again my apologies for my departure from the task force yesterday, and the subsequent deaths it may have caused by my absence. But in many ways I think with all the discons/COH errors I was having last night my presence would have been a detriment as I may have been disconning during an emergency heal/mutation rez/missing debuffs at the start of a battle, etc. Thanks to everyone who tried to talk me through the Terra Volta Jumping Trial (jumping causes a lot of my discons by the way), which was very trying (and frustrating) for me, because I don't like holding everyone up and I don't like feeling embarassed by a game. I should have just declined to join the task force when PV wasn't there so as to avoid that ridiculous run to the mission enterance. I feel horrible that my absence might have caused the debt to rack up for you

If some reason you'd ever want to go through all that drama again so Comet can get his respec (and give up his dearly loved, but deeply frustrating superspeed), then I would be grateful, but only if Gail and/or PV is there to teleport my butt to the mission! But lets get rid of a lot of that debt first if we can.

But I'm sincerely happy you got through it despite almost giving up on it, and everybody seems to be enjoying their respec'ed selves.

Great pictures C. J. thanks for posting them
Old 09-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #166
Bonegavel

I would be willing to run respec again for you comet. Now that we have the respec TF burned into our ROMs, it is just a matter of slogging through.

XP isn't bad and at the end those of us that don't want another respec can just select one of the other rewards (i think at 32 or something you have 2 respecs available).
Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #167
C.J.
n00b

I agree. I mentioned last night that if comet wanted to go through the respec mission...I'm willing to do it again to get him a respec. Like Silverstreak said earlier, I've had debt for so long now...I forgot what it's like to not have it and level at a normal pace. I'm not too worried about getting defeated anymore.

Updated my blog....if anyone's interested in seeing what Gail lost and gained in powers.
http://cj-coh.blogspot.com
Old 09-30-2004, 01:24 PM   #168
Bonegavel

My respec'd build is working very well as I found out last night. I should be much less of a burden on the healers now.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #169
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

I might not make it for tonight. Glad to hear that respec finally went well.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #170
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I will be on later tonight after 9 EST (Survivor and no interest in the elections). Hey, who do you go to in order to respec?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:39 PM   #171
Bonegavel

getting the server is not available
Old 09-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #172
gi
College Prospect

Official site says Victory is DOWN
Old 09-30-2004, 07:41 PM   #173
Bonegavel

you broke the server with your cape mission gi.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #174
Bonegavel

let't hit another server, create new characters and try and find each other.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:25 AM   #175
C.J.
n00b

it crashed again a little after midnight while I was in the Hollows with Foxxy Coco.

I switched over to Virute for a little bit after the first crash and was playing my tanker over there. Were you guys all on that Peoples Front of Judea SG? (Piss on the Judean People's Front).

Screenshots from last night:
http://www.wowway.com/~cj_miller/coh...0-21-18-32.jpg
http://www.wowway.com/~cj_miller/coh...0-21-34-19.jpg
http://www.wowway.com/~cj_miller/coh...0-21-34-29.jpg
http://www.wowway.com/~cj_miller/coh...0-21-37-31.jpg

Last edited by C.J. : 10-01-2004 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added screenshot links
Old 10-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #176
Bonegavel

I stayed up way later than I wanted and got Albino Claw to level 34. *sigh* another 500,000+ xp and it's on to level 35.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #177
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gratz on level. Don's up to level 33 as of last night. It seems as if karma got to me when I died twice last night after laughing at Don for dying twice the night before.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:52 PM   #178
C.J.
n00b

wow...I was playing with Don, SS and Comet on sunday for a bit...and for the first time I wasn't sidekicked and I was actually doing ok staying alive. I was missing a lot of holds, and had to be careful about aggro and taking damage, but over all I felt like I was actually holding up quite well. Gail's about half a bubble from 29, so I figure about 15-20 minutes of game play should do it. 3 lvls from pets..wooohooo!

Congrats to don and albino on their lvls...
Old 10-06-2004, 06:33 AM   #179
Thomkal
Head Coach

Girls Gone Wild night was very fun yesterday. Nice to see us get in touch with our feminine sides.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:37 AM   #180
gi
College Prospect

I enjoyed it as well. Having a Storm Defender was a lot of fun.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 AM   #181
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ditto. I liked it since I actually leveled while playing (a few times!). Also, playing a Force Field Defender was a lot of fun.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #182
gi
College Prospect

Sweet Bubbles must live on!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:45 PM   #183
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It's been a real rough week for me but I should be available tonight for battle be it Q'wiksilver, Battleflag, or the much maligned Hangfire (do do do do do do do do do baby baby)
Old 10-07-2004, 12:48 PM   #184
gi
College Prospect

Odds are low that I will be on tonight.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:43 PM   #185
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I might be on earlier this evening, but it's the double whammy of Survivor and the Apprentice tonight.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:46 PM   #186
Bonegavel

If i'm on tonight it won't be for very long.

a) the game is wearing on my nerves and I need to put distance between my oplaying sessions.

b) the amount of time I've spent during the last few months has caused me to forget that I have a wife and daughter that actually want to spend time with me (the "why" on that fact boggles my mind)

c) I have to rally up the troops for a guy's night poker-a-thon this Saturday night.

Now, having said all that I will probably be logged into CoH tonight until 3am. Best laid plans...
Old 10-07-2004, 07:33 PM   #187
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good luck with the poker. I had my marathon, seven-hour session last weekend and ended up about $20 ahead. Lousy per-hour rate, but a fun night of cards in the side games after two miserable tournaments sucked money from my wallet.

I'm probably out for tonight as well. Picked up Rome: Total War and want to give it a spin.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #188
Bonegavel

looks like Victory is down.

As for the poker, we play .05, .10, .25 with double ante raise and 3 raise max. If you are down/up 10$ that is a lot. Usually you wind up playing for 4 hours and spend less than a movie rental. I have 5 so far for the game and that should be enough. Maybe call one of my sisters for for a full table.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:56 AM   #189
C.J.
n00b

Still active?

Boards been down so long...is anyone still reading this thread?
Old 11-03-2004, 07:04 AM   #190
gi
College Prospect

I'm sure it will pick up after everyone realizes that the Boards are back
Old 11-03-2004, 07:39 AM   #191
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I've been playing Sweet Bubbles a lot lately. It was somewhat disappointing last night seeing only Gail, Maiden Io, and Bubbles/Streak on. Hopefully this will pick up now that the boards are back.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:59 AM   #192
gi
College Prospect

I am really enjoying Maiden Io (Illusion/Rad Controller) and wish to make her my main alt. I want to level her up quickly. Aucoin is 31 almost 32 and no real powers to look forward to. Maybe a couple, but I needed a change. I'll bring Aucoin on when needed and might get back into him soon. Io needs to get to 18 though, because that is when I get have pets. Should be fun then.

Hoping everyone gets back to the boards. First GM into COH today, change the message of the day to reflect the boards being back online please.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:19 AM   #193
Bonegavel

The boards being down was good for my work life as I've been super busy the last month with no end in sight. With that said, it's good to be back.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:31 AM   #194
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was stuck at work, then I watched "Man On Fire" and then the election stuff...but today I played and made it to 33.

I /have/ to, /have/ to, /have/ to, respec Hangfire at 34. For every decent kill I'm getting, I'm getting defeated twice (already worked up a healthy 43k debt again).

33 is nice, but instead of loading it into Inferno, I loaded it into cloaking device for defensive purposes.

Honestly, once I've gotten inferno there is nothing more in the fire/devices grouping to look forward too, does that mean I'm bored, no, but right now, Hangfire won't excel until I can fix some of the things I needed to do from last respec.

He's still an enjoyable character, and he makes me cringe when I try to play an ALT (Battleflag is just severley gimped and will probably be retired, Vortez is no fun)

I'm waiting till issue three to think about building a new character, simply because of all the talk being thrown around.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #195
gi
College Prospect

Hey Qwik, do whatever you need to do to have fun. Nothing else matters. Bonus: If you need anything, power-leveling..etc...just ask.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #196
C.J.
n00b

Even though I've gotten Gail past 32 and she has her big power for controller powers.....I still want to hit levels 35 and 38 to get my last two secondary powers. The last one....Lightning Storm...is supposed to deal "heavy damage" (whatever that is). So I'm still very interested in playing Gail as my primary up through level 40 at least. She still hasn't gotten boring to me yet....in fact now is when it's really getting exciting. the 20's just completely sucked playing this character (might have been pre-issue 2 stuff though), but so far the 30's have rocked.

Oh, one more thing too....I'm half a level away from 34...so I'm up for a respec again if anyone's interested in going for another one. I made some mistakes on the last one (eliminated Health/Stamina for Leadership powers...now I want them back along with some other changes).

Last edited by C.J. : 11-03-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:02 PM   #197
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.
Even though I've gotten Gail past 32 and she has her big power for controller powers.....I still want to hit levels 35 and 38 to get my last two secondary powers. The last one....Lightning Storm...is supposed to deal "heavy damage" (whatever that is). So I'm still very interested in playing Gail as my primary up through level 40 at least. She still hasn't gotten boring to me yet....in fact now is when it's really getting exciting. the 20's just completely sucked playing this character (might have been pre-issue 2 stuff though), but so far the 30's have rocked.

Oh, one more thing too....I'm half a level away from 34...so I'm up for a respec again if anyone's interested in going for another one. I made some mistakes on the last one (eliminated Health/Stamina for Leadership powers...now I want them back along with some other changes).

Just wanted to say that when you and Io and I were hunting in Founders, I never accumulated xp so fast (with apologies to PV, Silver Streak, Albino, Don and the countless others who've helped me). I hope to be able to do such again.

I've fully loaded my enhancements to 35's so I am at full firepower.

I'm quite optimistic that I can get Hang to 34 for respec, but hey, let's face it, it's better to group than to go alone anymore.

Frankly, with the whole group hunting in Crey's I think we would see a massive influx of xp.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #198
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Just wanted to say that when you and Io and I were hunting in Founders, I never accumulated xp so fast (with apologies to PV, Silver Streak, Albino, Don and the countless others who've helped me). I hope to be able to do such again.

I've fully loaded my enhancements to 35's so I am at full firepower.

I'm quite optimistic that I can get Hang to 34 for respec, but hey, let's face it, it's better to group than to go alone anymore.

Frankly, with the whole group hunting in Crey's I think we would see a massive influx of xp.

DOLA

Of course, missions are giving more rewarding xp as well.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 PM   #199
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was on for a little while tonight, caught Aucoin in between his sessions with the girlfriend for a little adventuring. Don is about 3/4 of the way to 36 at this point. Leveling is really starting to take more time for me now - might need to tag along with SS, PV, and AC to try and put a finishing kick on for this level tonight.

I really haven't gotten bored with Don or the game yet. I still enjoy the sub-plots in the missions and have fun with our group. I'm hoping to play all the way up to 50 if it can be accomplished in a somewhat reasonable timeframe. But at that point I'm not sure how much longer I would stick around. The game does suck up a good amount of time and I am seeing my workload remain at a very high level as of late.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:03 AM   #200
C.J.
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Just wanted to say that when you and Io and I were hunting in Founders, I never accumulated xp so fast

Wow, never thought I'd ever read something like that. It definitely is very strange being on the other side of the fence now. Being a damage dealer finally. Glad I could help in actually generating XP directly, instead of just assisting from the back seat.
Singularity should get all the credit. They make life SO much easer. I was taking down level 36 mobs (and the occasional 37 which took longer than it was worth) on the south side of Bricks with ease. That's +3 and +4 above me. Took a little longer than the typical scrapper/tanker probably could do it in, but you know what...how many scrappers can go afk for a bio while still attacking the mob and not taking any damage? Nice, eh?

Io saw the awesome power of crowd control last night on a mission we were on. Jumped into a room of 3 mobs with at least 8-10 foes each. They were all so close, we aggroed all 3 of the mobs. 3 singys out...they couldn't handle everything. I locked down the center mob for sings to have fun with...then ran over to each of the side mobs and Dimensional Shifted them so they couldn't bother us. We took down that room of at least 30 foes that were mixes of LT's and minions at least +1 or +2 above us. Pretty unbelievable. I was quite happy.