Old 03-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #152
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Seperated at birth?

HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #153
TLK
Pro Starter

I can't believe that Oz's son got the boot....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #154
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Mikayla looks like a chick that if she stops going to the gym or working out will be a huge fat ass, like a meatball. She does have DSL's though.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #155
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I can't believe Mikalah made it singing a Streisand song. It's like she's taunting me, personally.

I'm happy for the fat dude Scott, but Niko is a much better singer.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #156
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Constantine sucks and should have been left behind for Ozzie Jr.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #157
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Mikayla looks like a chick that if she stops going to the gym or working out will be a huge fat ass, like a meatball. She does have DSL's though.

dude.... she's like 16...
Old 03-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #158
KevinNU7
College Starter

Yeah she is still working through puberty. FYI she is 17 now
Old 03-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #159
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was at work. Who got the axe?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ozzie Smith's son, Amanda (the showgirl) and the teenage girl that should have been gone weeks ago (not Mikalah, but her time should be coming up soon). I forget who the other guy was, which is most likely why he's gone.

The one's that should have advanced did:
Bo, Anwar, Carrie and Jessica
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #161
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Mikalah's Streisand song didn't hurt her. Most viewers probably had Paula's take on it. The girl is bold and isn't your ordinary 17-year-old (she was 16 at the start) Idol contestant. She will go far in this competition, especially if she takes Paula's advice and goes back to what she did in some of her other performances. She is versatile and the versatile singers stick around.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:53 AM   #162
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu
Mikalah's Streisand song didn't hurt her. Most viewers probably had Paula's take on it. The girl is bold and isn't your ordinary 17-year-old (she was 16 at the start) Idol contestant. She will go far in this competition, especially if she takes Paula's advice and goes back to what she did in some of her other performances. She is versatile and the versatile singers stick around.
But annoying as ........
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:31 AM   #163
TLK
Pro Starter

I just placed a bet on Carrie Underwood to win the whole thing.... I'll be checking myself into Gamblers Anonymous tomorrow...
Old 03-10-2005, 06:30 AM   #164
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I just placed a bet on Carrie Underwood to win the whole thing.... I'll be checking myself into Gamblers Anonymous tomorrow...
While she is one of my favs also, Bo Bice certainly has a chance as does Federov.

(Post #2000 BTW)

Last edited by FBPro : 03-10-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #165
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu
Mikalah's Streisand song didn't hurt her.

I'm not talking about hurting her. I'm talking about it hurting me!

Seriously, who can listen to that and not want to pry your ear drums from your ears with a crowbar? She may be able to sing, but the tone of her voice is fingers on a chalkboard, like touching pottery (for me, anyway)...

It's nothing personal, it's just that she is the very personification of what I instinctively cannot stand in a person. That's all.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #166
Ksyrup

I don't see Bo winning, unless people listen to Simon. He just doesn't have that cross-over appeal. I'd be shocked if he won, and considering what he can do, I'm hoping he doesn't win, because I'd rather see him hook up with a legitimate band than sing covers of 60s/70s southern blues rock songs on his first AI album. And I think he'd want more than that, too. It would be interesting to see if he got any say whatsoever on that issue, since I know he writes his own stuff.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:47 AM   #167
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I don't see Bo winning, unless people listen to Simon. He just doesn't have that cross-over appeal. I'd be shocked if he won, and considering what he can do, I'm hoping he doesn't win, because I'd rather see him hook up with a legitimate band than sing covers of 60s/70s southern blues rock songs on his first AI album. And I think he'd want more than that, too. It would be interesting to see if he got any say whatsoever on that issue, since I know he writes his own stuff.

Bo is going to lose, not because of lack of cross-over appeal, but because he is not that strong a singer. One of these theme weeks is going to kill him.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #168
Ksyrup

I disagree about his voice, but you're right, anyone is bound to die having to sing Barry Manilow, Neil Sedaka, or Gloria Esteban.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #169
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think "we" got it half right with the voting. For the men, Travis sucked and should have been gone the first week and Constantine should have joined him this week. Nikko sang well enough to be in the Top 12 I think, but I don't think he would have gone much further.

For the woman thank god Janay is gone. Amanda probably should have been in the Top 12 based off this week's performance, and Lindsay, who's not been very good should have been out. It wouldn't have surprised me to see Mikalah go last night-she was born to sing Streisand with that voice and personality and blew it big time.

My pick for the best man and woman right now is Mario and Nadia.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #170
Danny
Head Coach

The women results I am fine with. Amanda is hot, but I prefer the tone of Lindsey's voice. Janay should have been gone the 1st week.

For the men, Constantine should have been eliminated and Nikko should have stayed. Travis was a no-brainer elimination.

My favorite male performers are Bo and Anwar. My favorite female is Nadia, but the female race is closer. There are some other contestants I like the voice of, but I haven't been impressed with the song choices or they haven't been consistent enough. Overall, at this point, I am rooting for Bo to win.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:45 AM   #171
Ksyrup

I've liked Anwar from the beginning. He has substance to him, and I could see him doing more than just singing covers for a living. I thought Simon was dead-on with Constantine's cover of that Police song. It was not good. Niko can really sing and should have stuck around just because of that, but I don't think he has enough personailty that anyone really remembers him after he stops singing.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #172
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hmm, pretty much agree with everything Thomkal said.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:13 AM   #173
KWhit
Coordinator

Mikalah is the most annoying person on the planet.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

I think Anwar is easily the best singer in the competition, but I think his personal "style" needs some work as he comes off a bit old. Mario, on the other hand, has perfected his "style" and is an outstanding performer - making him the favorite right now (imo).

None of the women have a chance.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #175
KWhit
Coordinator

Agreed on all counts. I'm pulling for Anwar.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #176
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
I think Anwar is easily the best singer in the competition, but I think his personal "style" needs some work as he comes off a bit old. Mario, on the other hand, has perfected his "style" and is an outstanding performer - making him the favorite right now (imo).

I disagree. I think that none of the men have a chance, with Nadia being the favorite, and possibly Carrie with an outside chance.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #177
KWhit
Coordinator

Is Nadia the hot chick with the afro? I forgot about her. She is the tops of the girls, for sure.

The girls are a lot weaker than the boys this time around.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #178
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Nadia isn't a strong enough singer to win this thing. She is a great performer, though. She's like Justin Guarini, but likeable.

I think Nadia has a better voice than Mario, and Mario IS Justin Guarini. He had nothing else to do.

Last edited by HomerJSimpson : 03-10-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:35 AM   #179
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
I disagree. I think that none of the men have a chance, with Nadia being the favorite, and possibly Carrie with an outside chance.

Nadia isn't a strong enough singer to win this thing. She is a great performer, though. She's like Justin Guarini, but likeable.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #180
Cuckoo
College Starter

I thought Nikko was one of the better ones. He has a good voice, was consistent, and didn't look like an idiot up there. I was disappointed he got the axe. He's better than Scott or Constantine at the very least, in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #181
Ksyrup

I have to admit, I'm surprised Scott has made it this far. His last performance wasn't all that great, and he obviously doesn't have the looks to get by on alone.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #182
Swaggs
Coordinator

Mario is the spitting image of FES from That 70's Show.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #183
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Mario is the spitting image of FES from That 70's Show.

I said good day!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think Carrie has a chance if she comes out of her shell a bit more, but I do like Anwar as the best singer. I really like how he carries himself, and I'm rooting for him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #185
TRO
College Prospect

Bo, Anwar and Federov are my top 3 guys. Mario is decent, Scott is average and Constantine needs to leave quick.

Jessica is my fave of the gals, with Nadia and Carrie being very solid. Mikaylah isn't horrendous but doesn't do anything for me. The other two are forgettable in my mind.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #186
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I disagree. At least she can be voted off the show. Paula Abdul is the most annoying person on the planet. She contributes nothing. She told Vonzell Solomon (a black chick) that singing R-E-S-P-E-C-T was taking a risk (as did Dawg Randy Jackson). Give me a break. If she sang a Streisand song, then that would be a risk.

At least Paula isn't clapping like a seal anymore. Arf. Arf.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #187
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

After watching the last couple of weeks, I am in the camp of those that say that the women don't have a chance. This week they could have, maybe should have, gotten rid of three or four women. Because I think the men were that much better across the board this week.

I'm thinking Bo, Antwan(best vocalist), and Federov(Clay II, but that might hurt him) are my favorites among the boys, and I think Bo runs away with after Simon's coronation.

Of the women. I don't think any of them stand a chance of winning, but I like Jessica Sierra, Nadia, and maybe Carrie Underwood. That Cardinale girl could make a move though.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #188
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have to admit, I'm surprised Scott has made it this far. His last performance wasn't all that great, and he obviously doesn't have the looks to get by on alone.

Rueben made it
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #189
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Rueben made it

Yeah, but Reuben had more of a personality than Scott does...or at least has shown. He's kinda under the radar AND hefty, plus I think Reuben's performances were received much better through this point than Scott's. Just surprising that he's lasted with the cards stacked against him.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #190
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Not sure I'd go that far but she is ranked.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #191
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, but Reuben had more of a personality than Scott does...or at least has shown. He's kinda under the radar AND hefty, plus I think Reuben's performances were received much better through this point than Scott's. Just surprising that he's lasted with the cards stacked against him.

I wonder if Scott sweats as much as Ruben when performing. I swear, every time Ruben was on stage it looked like he was about to collapse.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #192
Daimyo
College Starter

I think Bo is the best by far at this point, but I also like Scott and Anwar. Constantine is pretty bad and Federov is my second-least favorite of the men, but I'm sure he'll go far because of the good-guy look he has. Nadia is the only girl in the ball game right now IMO, but Carrie has the potential to make a move I think.

EDIT: I thought Constantine was already voted off.

Last edited by Daimyo : 03-11-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #193
Daimyo
College Starter

DOLA, Constantine and Mikalah have to go... they're super weak.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #194
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Anwar won't win - he looks too old, almost fatherly. Jessica is the dark horse. She's kind of like Kelly Clarkson in the first year in that she hasn't gotten that much pub to the final 12, but has been one of the better performers. My guess is she will start picking up steam and make a run down the stretch.

Outside of Jessica, I think it will come down to Federov and Nadia. They seem to me to be the best at handling each type of challenge week to week. I see Carrie being very good in some themes, same with Bo and Mario. But they won't hold up every week. Anwar has the talent to win, but I really think the age thing knocks him out. No one wants their dad to be the next American Idol.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #195
Arles
Grey Dog Software

The Wizard offered him two autographed cards and a fat check to leave
Old 03-13-2005, 06:55 PM   #196
TLK
Pro Starter

'American Idol' Shocker: Mario Out, Nikko In
(Sunday, March 13 01:39 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "American Idol" will begin its Final 12 on Tuesday (March 15) with a different dozen than viewers saw unveiled last Wednesday night. In a surprising move, Mario Vazquez has withdrawn from the popular FOX talent show and will be replaced by Nikko Smith.

Offering no explanation beyond the always vague "personal reasons," FOX announced on Sunday (March 13) that Vazquez would no longer be competing on "Idol." A 27-year-old from New York City with smooth dancing moves and a pure voice, Vazquez had been one of the favorites since his "Idol" audition in Las Vegas.

A recent set of odds put out by an offshore betting group had Vazquez as a third betting choice, behind only Anwar Robinson and Bo Bice.

Smith, son of Cardinals and Padres great Ozzie Smith, will take the place in the Top 12 that many viewers had assumed would be his before his unexpected departure last week. Smith had been considered another of the competition's favorites after strong renditions of "Georgia on my Mind" and "Let's Get It On" in the previous two weeks, but was not originally one of the six leading votegetters among the "Idol" men.

Check Zap2it for further information as it becomes available.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #197
Joe
Pro Starter

Mario was a backup singer for Michael Jackson on his "Invincible" CD.. maybe he has to do something at the trial?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #198
Easy Mac

He got a date with Lindsay Lohan?

I say good day.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #199
TLK
Pro Starter

Anyone care to venture a guess at why he "left" the show?
Old 03-13-2005, 08:00 PM   #200
Danny
Head Coach

Gay Porn
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote