Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #151
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
Well, to a degree, that's because Turbine chose to go with a 'realistic' look to the world. WoW is, not to put too fine a point on it, a cartoon.

I absolutely agree that WoW, for the most part, has a cartoon look and feel to the game. That does allow for much more variation to the individual worlds. However, it's been 3 months and I'm still playing LOTRO.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #152
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
Bump...any buddy passes available?

Sorry buddy, only got one for the european version
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #153
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig View Post
not to put too fine a point on it

Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

I've got a secret to tell
From my electrical well

Sorry.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #154
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

I've got a secret to tell
From my electrical well

Sorry.

No need to be sorry, award yourself a bonus point for quoting they might be giants.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #155
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

So, anybody still playing? I hit the level cap this weekend, and so did my wife. I also experienced my first raid ever. Lots of fun, but our kinship is almost devoid of healers. Which is weird, really, because the minstral is one of the more powerful classes in the game. I just started leveling up one, and he can take on much more than my champion could at the same level.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #156
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I stopped playing a while back. Just couldn't seem to get into it or even have the time anymore. May try to go back to WoW casually (wife still plays but I haven't in quite some time).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #157
Radii
Head Coach

I just gave all my gold to a buddy and canceled my account over the weekend. None of my MMO buddies stuck around, I saw they'd added housing and some other stuff, but I think its too late for me at this point.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #158
gi
College Prospect

Still playing, leader of a Kinship now. Vilya server, Shadows of Rivendell. Wife and I play it a lot, having a blast.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #159
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Still playing despite being level 50 since August.

There is still a lot to do, and I am still enjoying the game.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #160
chesapeake
College Starter

Still playing my high-30's burglar on Landroval. The only frustration I have is that I rarely get more than 90 minutes on at any one time, so I get stuck on a lot of quest lines at the group stage when I can't find a pick-up group quickly enough to get started.

But conversely, when I hit a new area and get a whole new set of solo quests, it is like opening presents on Christmas morning.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 PM   #161
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Still playing my high-30's burglar on Landroval. The only frustration I have is that I rarely get more than 90 minutes on at any one time, so I get stuck on a lot of quest lines at the group stage when I can't find a pick-up group quickly enough to get started.

Yeah, the mid 30's are the worst part in the game in my opinion.

Before it was bad until the mid 40's when you could really start soloing in Angmar but now with the new zone in the Trollshaw it's ok for players 40-45.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #162
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu View Post
Yeah, the mid 30's are the worst part in the game in my opinion.

Before it was bad until the mid 40's when you could really start soloing in Angmar but now with the new zone in the Trollshaw it's ok for players 40-45.

I agree about the 30's, but that was about the time we joined with our kin. That helped a lot, because we grouped a bunch of areas.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #163
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Anyone still playing? I just got the game and having a good time so far.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A 14 day trial version of the game came with my new laptop that I got last week. I'm afraid to try it as it might be too time consuming, but I'm interested to hear as well if people from here are still playing.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #165
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Well I have a lvl 17 Minstrel on Landroval named Linhelm. Feel free to hit me up.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:50 AM   #166
GrantDawg

My wife and I still play. A friend started playing a few months ago on a different server (Gladden) so we made new characters. I'm a little more than half way through 49 with him (Dwarf ministrel). It just amazes me how much content they have put out already (opened new areas, expnanded on others). They have another new area opening by the end of the month, and then by fall will have the first paid expansion coming (The Mines of Moria).

It is by far the best MMO game I've ever played.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #167
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is by far the best MMO game I've ever played.

What makes it better than WoW?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #168
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if it's because I don't get into the LoTR story or what but for some reason I couldn't maintain my interest in the game. I may try it again after we move (moving this next weekend) and see if I can maintain my interest.

I liked it a lot when I started but somehow got bored around the mid teen levels.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #169
sabotai
General Manager

I played in the Beta and I was less than impressed. After trying as many MMORPGs that I could, I went back to WoW. I'd be interested in a breakdown of what you can do in the game and how much has been added. It was one of the better MMORPGs I tried away from WoW, but I just had trouble staying interested in it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:51 AM   #170
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What makes it better than WoW?

Storyline, graphics and such. It hooked me pretty quick, but having my wife get into probably helped a good bit, too.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #171
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's not better than WoW by any means (imo), but it's a fun diversion until Wrath of the Lich King comes out later in the year.

I look forward to seeing how Age of Conan is too.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #172
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

after being so high on this game, i never even got around to downloading it to check it out unfortunately
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #173
chesapeake
College Starter

The epic narrative in LOTRO really did it for me, but I admit that I am a Tolkein nerd. But I am taking a break from MMORPGs for a while.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #174
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It's not better than WoW by any means (imo), but it's a fun diversion

This is pretty much how I felt about LOTRO. I enjoyed levelling up w/ my friends quite a bit, but around 50, it just got stale. Seeing the world and getting through the epic quests was great, but I left the game saying "If you want a great PVE game, WoW is what you want" ... and I tried out LOTRO after quitting WoW and kinda realized I didn't want either. I played it a good bit and definitely got my money's worth by conventional game standards, but it couldn't hold me like WoW(for PVE) or Dark Age of Camelot did long ago(best PVP game in my opinion)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #175
Galaril
Pro Starter

Is anyone still playing this 2 years later. I know they have a fairly new expansion and are offering free sign up and 9.99 for as long as you play per month plus play your old character plus 25% bonus XP for a week to celebrate the games bday. I have heard that soloing has been improved alot in the game to help people get past the early 20 levels or so and might get this again since it does look like it will be around for a while longer.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #176
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

interesting. i never checked it out - i probably should
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #177
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
interesting. i never checked it out - i probably should

Yeah, I got to say I never was World of Warcraft MMO guy but really enjoyed my time witht eh game. I solod'955 of the time and only stopped because at about level 20 or so it was becoming more a grind. However, I here that alot of the level grind has been reduced with the expansions.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #178
GrantDawg

Still playing. Yeah, there is not much grind leveling up. You can easily solo to 60 (though you'll miss out on a lot of the better stuff). If it has been awhile since you played, the game has changed a lot. There is still a grind, but it is all in the top level now. I'm not playing quite as much now because of the grindy-ness. If you are going to play, join a good active guild. It makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #179
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Still playing. Yeah, there is not much grind leveling up. You can easily solo to 60 (though you'll miss out on a lot of the better stuff). If it has been awhile since you played, the game has changed a lot. There is still a grind, but it is all in the top level now. I'm not playing quite as much now because of the grindy-ness. If you are going to play, join a good active guild. It makes the game a whole lot more enjoyable.

Yeah, I think I might rejoin and though I will play solo for the most part I plan on doing the story line quests that require fellowships and raids etc so it is not that that I am not open to doing some group play just I prefer most of it to be solo. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #180
DataKing
Pro Rookie

If anyone is playing on Landroval server and needs a hand, look me up. Thofur Grimhelm - Dwarven Guardian and Armorsmith (currently level 57).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #181
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Stopped playing 4 months ago, the mines of moria have been a huge dissapointment for me, didn't like the HL content.

Started a reroll this week and all I have heard about the last patch was true : huge amount of bugs...

I don't like the game right now, it will probably get better in a few months, I might start playing again
Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #182
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am wondering if it is necessary to get the angmar expansion or just the moria one for the improvement s in the game? I have the inital game and am no donloading the hi res version and might just go ahead and get both expansion if they are not to much.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #183
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

there is only one expansion "mines of moria", "shadows of angmar" being the basic game.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #184
TimGuru
High School Varsity

This is semi-off topic but for the MMO fans, try getting into the beta for Champions Online. Its NDA so I can't say more.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #185
DataKing
Pro Rookie

If it's half as good as the 'City of' games, I'll be checking it out once it goes live for sure.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 05-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #186
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Well I just got sucked into this game, if anyone wants to join me my ingame name is Samkin
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #187
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

dola, on Landroval server
Old 05-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #188
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Well I just got sucked into this game, if anyone wants to join me my ingame name is Samkin

I'm taking a break right now. Been playing for two years and finally hit a wall. I just don't like where the game is going right now.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #189
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I was in the BETA for LOTRO and liked it enough to buy it. After about two weeks though, I went back to WoW. Then, about a year later, I tried again. Played for about two weeks again then quit. I love the lore, the graphics are nice, and the gameplay was decent. However...

I died a lot. That gets tiresome, especially when you have limited time. I am a good gamer, but because I solo a lot of the time, I found myself being overwhelmed by groups of mobs. A lot of quests required a group, and I hate waiting around trying to find people to group with, so I just try to do those quests myself, with poor results.

I also found the leveling to be very slow. That is a turn-off for me personally.

Another thing that bugged me was the lack of decent addons and especially a map/quest helper. I had a hell of a time finding some of the quest locations. After playing WoW with the numerous addons, LOTRO was very difficult imo.

Has anything changed in the past year or so in respect to these issues? I may be interested in trying once more if it is worth my time to do so. I am also contemplating playing WoW again too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:46 PM   #190
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

They did add a map/quest tracker

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 05-31-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #191
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I was in the BETA for LOTRO and liked it enough to buy it. After about two weeks though, I went back to WoW. Then, about a year later, I tried again. Played for about two weeks again then quit. I love the lore, the graphics are nice, and the gameplay was decent. However...

I died a lot. That gets tiresome, especially when you have limited time. I am a good gamer, but because I solo a lot of the time, I found myself being overwhelmed by groups of mobs. A lot of quests required a group, and I hate waiting around trying to find people to group with, so I just try to do those quests myself, with poor results.

I also found the leveling to be very slow. That is a turn-off for me personally.

Another thing that bugged me was the lack of decent addons and especially a map/quest helper. I had a hell of a time finding some of the quest locations. After playing WoW with the numerous addons, LOTRO was very difficult imo.

Has anything changed in the past year or so in respect to these issues? I may be interested in trying once more if it is worth my time to do so. I am also contemplating playing WoW again too.

You should try again. It is one of the fastest/easiest games to level, and they made it even easier just recently. You can very easily solo to level cap, and you can probably get to level 20 in about a week of non-hardcore playing.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #192
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

If you need some help i'm on Brandywine

Morgwai-40 Hunt
Papieros-57 Ward
Bogumil-60 Champ
Taewing -30 LM
Tyrcha- 35 Capt
Beton- 35 Guard
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #193
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I have some characters on Landroval. Still undecided if I will play it again though.

Quote:
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #194
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
They did add a map/quest tracker

Is it an addon or part of the game itself?

Quote:
Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #195
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

part of the game itself.

The game as become prety easy now and lots and lots of solo content (way too much in my opinion).

Like GrantDawg, I don't like where the game is going right now, since I have a life account I could still play but don't want to anymore.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #196
DataKing
Pro Rookie

For my fellow crafters out there...significant changes are coming to crafting in Book 8:

Developer Diary: LOTRO Book 8 Crafting Enhancements | The Lord of the Rings Online
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #197
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
For my fellow crafters out there...significant changes are coming to crafting in Book 8:

Developer Diary: LOTRO Book 8 Crafting Enhancements | The Lord of the Rings Online

Didn't they already try to make changes to crafting a couple of times?

Quote:
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #198
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Didn't they already try to make changes to crafting a couple of times?

Crafting has been through a number of changes over the past two years.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 06-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #199
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Is it easier to sell the materials on AH or craft stuff yourself instead?

Quote:
Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #200
GrantDawg

Quote:
Is it easier to sell the materials on AH or craft stuff yourself instead?

Easier? Sell them. You can make money at crafting, but not easily. It becomes a money/time sink real fast.