Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #151
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2nd QB is really tough in a league with more than 10 but with the format like it is, with everyone keeping 1 QB and 1 RB, it's a bit more doable.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #152
TLK
Pro Starter

Keyshawn Johnson was a steal in the last round.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #153
MikeVic
Head Coach

Damn! If it went another round, Keyshawn would be mine. Nice steal SI!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #154
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm hoping to land Michael Vick on waivers. :fingers crossed:
Old 08-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #155
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing View Post
I'm hoping to land Michael Vick on waivers. :fingers crossed:

Some ESPN cheat sheet had Ricky Williams in the top 50 RBs... I see he wasn't drafted, so I hope I can get him!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #156
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I wanted a Mr Irrelevant in Keyshawn

SI

Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 AM   #157
TLK
Pro Starter

Any more rule proposals for the 2008 season? I hope to put together an official list by the end of the week and put them to a vote while they're still fresh.

Also, I'll be starting the waiver process tomorrow. Everyone has two days to put in any waiver claims.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #158
MikeVic
Head Coach

I don't have anything to add.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 AM   #159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

nothing here
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:07 AM   #160
TLK
Pro Starter

Waivers have started.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:14 AM   #161
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing View Post
After the draft, I'll put a few issues up for vote for the 2008 season. Smaller rosters will be one of them. I like the idea of playing a second QB, so that will probably be included. If anyone has any other ideas... post then and we will vote on them.

I know I'd definitely favor a 2nd QB. Things will be a bit thin in a 12 team league but anything you say about 2 QBs is the same for 2 RBs. They both get hurt so there is quite a bit of talent cycling through. There are really only 30 starters of each position. Also, to anyone who says "but there are 2 starting RBs in the NFL so having 2 RB and 1 QB is more realistic/makes more sense/etc"- I don't see Larry Johnson and Shawn Alexander lining up in the backfield in the NFL, nor do I see any leagues running an RB/FB setup. There are a couple of fullback types worth drafting as they will steal QBs but I don't see those really high on anyone's draft list- those are 3rd and 4th RBs you hope you never have to pay.

Definitely in favor of a reduced bench size- down to 5 at most, maybe 4. With 12 teams, there's just no talent at all in the pool after about week 4. No tough decisions or anything. Heck, quite a few teams are sitting around with 2 defenses and 5 or 6 RBs and WRs. For a keeper league, that's way too much emphasis on the draft.

Also, I seem to remember QBs being favored a bit in points but I could just be imagining things- I haven't looked at top 100 or 200 distribution. Not necessarily a bad thing as RBs are vastly overrated in most leagues. However, if we can tweak the points down slightly on QBs, that might be worth looking at. But I don't have any concrete plans on that or anything to back it up- it was just a gut feel and I'd kindof like to see how the season plays out before changing anything.

By that same token, there are probably some things that will come up throughout the season that we haven't even come up with at this point so we'll probably want to revisit this at the end of the season once it's fresh in our minds how things work.

SI

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #162
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I know I'd definitely favor a 2nd QB. Things will be a bit thin in a 12 team league but anything you say about 2 QBs is the same for 2 RBs. They both get hurt so there is quite a bit of talent cycling through. There are really only 30 starters of each position. Also, to anyone who says "but there are 2 starting RBs in the NFL so having 2 RB and 1 QB is more realistic/makes more sense/etc"- I don't see Larry Johnson and Shawn Alexander lining up in the backfield in the NFL, nor do I see any leagues running an RB/FB setup. There are a couple of fullback types worth drafting as they will steal QBs but I don't see those really high on anyone's draft list- those are 3rd and 4th RBs you hope you never have to pay.

Definitely in favor of a reduced bench size- down to 5 at most, maybe 4. With 12 teams, there's just no talent at all in the pool after about week 4. No tough decisions or anything. Heck, quite a few teams are sitting around with 2 defenses and 5 or 6 RBs and WRs. For a keeper league, that's way too much emphasis on the draft.

Also, I seem to remember QBs being favored a bit in points but I could just be imagining things- I haven't looked at top 100 or 200 distribution. Not necessarily a bad thing as RBs are vastly overrated in most leagues. However, if we can tweak the points down slightly on QBs, that might be worth looking at. But I don't have any concrete plans on that or anything to back it up- it was just a gut feel and I'd kindof like to see how the season plays out before changing anything.

By that same token, there are probably some things that will come up throughout the season that we haven't even come up with at this point so we'll probably want to revisit this at the end of the season once it's fresh in our minds how things work.

SI

If we do 2 QBs, I think we'd have to re-adjust the scoring for them too.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #163
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still not high on starting 2 QB's. RB's at least are frequently platooned, something that (99+% of the time) doesn't occus with QB's, plus there is the flex option to play a WR or TE in their place if you really have nothing at RB but good talent at one of the other positions.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM   #164
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Agreed with the fact that RBs are frequently platooned and if you have a backup RB, he WILL get points, even if the starting RB does his normal carry load. If the starting QB does his normal playing time, the backup QB gets nothing.

Bench size should be down to 5. I think 4 may be too small.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #165
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

What about allowing the flex to include QBs as well?
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #166
MikeVic
Head Coach

Just a warning to EF27... his lineup is currently illeagle (punny!)... I do play him in the first week, but I don't want to get a default win.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Just a warning to EF27... his lineup is currently illeagle (punny!)... I do play him in the first week, but I don't want to get a default win.

Thanks. I thought I set it weeks ago. I planned on checking all of my Fantasy Teams tonight anyway, but the reminder is still appreciated.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #168
MikeVic
Head Coach

Bump, the official thread... don't need both of them.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #169
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Darn right. Now, if only a bump were worth about 25 points, then I'd be a lot happier about tomorrow.

SI

Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

God, the same thing happened last year, I always run into the team that has a monster week.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #171
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Lathum, good game...looks like the difference was a rough game by the Saints backfield and the Vikings' D doing their impression of the Bears' D.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:52 AM   #172
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I was looking (and feeling) like an idiot yesterday until Romo dropped a bomb on the Giants.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #173
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Unless Larry Fizgerald goes for about 150 and 3 TDs and then Neil Rackers outscores Frank Gore, I've got my first loss of the season. So here's to a 48-3 whitewashing by the Cards in the second game

SI

Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 AM   #174
MikeVic
Head Coach

This week was pretty good!!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #175
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I was looking (and feeling) like an idiot yesterday until Romo dropped a bomb on the Giants.

You didn't even really need that . An average game from Romo would have beat me... it seems that Moss was the only WR that performed for me this week.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 AM   #176
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
This week was pretty good!!

I concur!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #177
MikeVic
Head Coach

This week was pretty bad!!

Started Brees over Favre... damnit. And now Jackson is out for at least a week.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #178
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

3-0!!! Sweet...despite leaving 90 points on my bench!!! If I had to do it again I'd probably still leave Curtis on the bench, though.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I finaly got off the schnide
Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #180
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Definitely a goofy start to the season with so many top notch RBs not producing anywhere near their projected levels and receivers scoring points like they're going out of style.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:09 AM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Woo! I lucked into beating the juggernaut of Beano on the strength of Westbrook's 46, Brady's 40.5, and Jordan's 24 and still had to hold onto a lead, barely winning by 10. Really exciting during the first games Saturday where the scored ended up ~100-~70 by the time those first games were done.

SI

Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 AM   #182
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Woo! I lucked into beating the juggernaut of Beano on the strength of Westbrook's 46, Brady's 40.5, and Jordan's 24 and still had to hold onto a lead, barely winning by 10. Really exciting during the first games Saturday where the scored ended up ~100-~70 by the time those first games were done.

SI

Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #183
TLK
Pro Starter

I've backed myself into a wall for Week 4. I'm forced to start Brian Griese againsy my Lions due to bye weeks. Good times.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #184
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

At least you can look on the bright side no matter the outcome.

I'm surprised to be off to a good start with lackluster contributions from LT2.

Oh, and thus far my call to keep Romo over Bulger (which I agonized over some) has looked prophetic.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #185
MikeVic
Head Coach

So if anyone needs a WR, I can trade Driver. Maybe do some kind of package deal. I just have him in both of my other leagues, and hate when that's the case.

I'd of course like a RB to replace Steven Jackson, but we can work something out involving WRs or something.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #186
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

If anyone needs a TE let me know!
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #187
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Why is the weekly preview showing my 3rd receiver as my flex starter? Should it not be my 2nd RB and has this been the case since the beginnig of the season and I've just noticed it now?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #188
MikeVic
Head Coach

I believe we can have 1-2 RB and 2-3 WR... so I guess it's hard to show which is a "flex" guy, since both technically are?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #189
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

If I remember correctly, in previous weeks, there was no distiction for the flex guy.

Just for funzies...I changed my lineup to include only one RB and four WRs and the preview changed and listed two flex guys...LOL!!! Goofy.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #190
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

This is looking like a rough week. It's never good when due to injuries and bye weeks you have to start a combo of Roddy White, Cotchery, and D. Mason as your receivers.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #191
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looking pretty good, up 81-45 with Crayton, Jennings, and D Broncos vs Graham and DJax.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-07-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #192
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Actually, up to 89 with that Fitzgerald TD. I'd like to give me mad props for the awesome foundation to my team of Tom Brady. Wait, you're saying he was on my team when I joined the league? How about Larry Fitzgerald? No, him, too. D'oh. Well, I thank whoever had my team before me for their good draft. Three cheers for it better to be lucky than good

SI

Old 10-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #193
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

What an awful game between me and Squiddi this week. Just abysmal. I ended up winning 49-40.

What a horrible outing.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #194
MikeVic
Head Coach

No one wants Driver?

I knocked off the undefeated Dowboys! Yeah!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #195
MikeVic
Head Coach

Geez CD... take it easy.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #196
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What an awful game between me and Squiddi this week. Just abysmal. I ended up winning 49-40.

What a horrible outing.

Yep... that was just... ugh. I think Moss was the only one who did well for me (though I had Welker on the bench )
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #197
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I got a freebie this week.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #198
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Had Romo not thrown an INT on that last possession, I could've broken the 200 point barrier, but I can't be too displeased with setting the league record for points (beating 191.5).
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I got a freebie this week.

what was up with that?

allthough I am tempted to tank it now so i can get Adrian Peterson next year
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #200
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what was up with that?

allthough I am tempted to tank it now so i can get Adrian Peterson next year

Yeah, so I guess we don't have a formal rule on tanking... but do we really need one? Do people still really tank fantasy leagues? That sure looks on purpose by The Original Trilogy...