Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The only thing that is irking me about this game so far is the lack of penalties.. and yes, I have the penalty slider maxed out.

Last game there was a total of 1 penalty.. and that's 1 more than last game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #152
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
The only thing that is irking me about this game so far is the lack of penalties.. and yes, I have the penalty slider maxed out.

Last game there was a total of 1 penalty.. and that's 1 more than last game.

Agreed...penalties are defintely lacking.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #153
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Agreed...penalties are defintely lacking.

I'm wondering what the exact proper number of penalties for an NHL game is? It seems that the number assigned by a referee, whether in reality or in a video game, is always too high or too low. Surely a statistician must have calculated the proper amount by now?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #154
MikeVic
Head Coach

In my single player Be a Pro games, I'm the only one to get penalties. But when I was playing online team games with random people, there actually were multiple power plays. I think my team had four in one game...
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 AM   #155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sweet!!! My power forward finally got a call up to the Flyers. After 41 games with the Phantoms and 23 goals scored I get to face the Maple Leafs in my NHL debut. We win 7-1 and I get number one start with a hat trick. Something tells me I am about to go through about 5 or 6 very tough games (every time I had a multiple goal game with the Phantoms I would have several straight games where I couldn't buy a goal).

Loving this game!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #156
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

My first career game, got a hattrick, an assist, and +5. Then my game shuts down, and the red lights fill up my xbox. Go to restart, goes to the Microsoft loading screen, and red lights again. Restart it again after about 5 minutes, and it looks like it's working again. I shut it off and am too scared to turn it back on now.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #157
Flasch186
Coordinator

I'd go buy a box and a mailing label.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #158
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Could I get an invite to the 360 team?

jpro21885
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #159
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Could I get an invite to the 360 team?

Same here
Dr Sak
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #160
msf518
n00b

would love to get on a solid team. gamertag: mtf99
Old 09-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #161
Voo
Mascot

Sublime, Sak, msf518 and MizzouRah you all have invites, go to the player hub from the main menu to accept them.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Going to get myself setup online for the 360. I'll let everyone know my tag when I do as I would love to get into a team. If not tonight it probably won't be until middle to end of the week though.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #163
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo View Post
Sublime, Sak, msf518 and MizzouRah you all have invites, go to the player hub from the main menu to accept them.

Sweet.. we playing tonight?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #164
Voo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Sweet.. we playing tonight?

I'll be on for sure. If we're lucky we can get a full 6 tonight.
Voo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #165
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tell me when and where I am in to play
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #166
DeToxRox
Head Coach

My buddy and I might be playing shortly, so there are 2 guys
Old 09-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #167
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll be playing with a friend whos on the team as well right now till about 8 so if people wanna play send me a message and we'll go for a big show.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #168
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Let's organize a time to try and get 6 guys on together. I'm in for any time tonight basically.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #169
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I had a goal and 2 assists in my first game at RW for the Philadelphia Phantoms.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #170
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Let's organize a time to try and get 6 guys on together. I'm in for any time tonight basically.
I'd be up for a game anytime tonight...just message me on xbox live or post something here.
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #171
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Just picked it up, and I suck, but I'll give it a go for an online game. Send me an invite. xbox jbeaulac
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #172
Logan
Head Coach

Not to be a wet blanket, as this mode you guys are playing in clearly sounds awesome...but how's the actual in-game AI?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #173
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am gonna play after 11. Maybe 11:15 or 11:30, could be earlier tho.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #174
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Not to be a wet blanket, as this mode you guys are playing in clearly sounds awesome...but how's the actual in-game AI?

Dude, it has a customizable beer tent....
Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #175
MikeVic
Head Coach

I can't find any kind of initial draft for the dynasty mode... is it not in the game?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #176
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Finally tried this last night... wow, this Be a Pro thing could get addictive.

I'm only three games in and so far I'm not very good (0 G, 1 A, 17 PIM) but it's a lot of fun. I'm a little concerned about the lack of scoring and penalties, but for some reason I have an easier time overlooking that for Be a Pro then I could in a normal game.

This feels like the future of sports games. EA is going to eat NHL2K's lunch this year.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #177
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Finally tried this last night... wow, this Be a Pro thing could get addictive.

I'm only three games in and so far I'm not very good (0 G, 1 A, 17 PIM) but it's a lot of fun. I'm a little concerned about the lack of scoring and penalties, but for some reason I have an easier time overlooking that for Be a Pro then I could in a normal game.

This feels like the future of sports games. EA is going to eat NHL2K's lunch this year.

I assume you're on the Leafs? If so I doubt you questioning the realisim when you aren't seeing a lot of scoring.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #178
Epi_862
Mascot

Hi guys, i'd appriciate some input..

I bought the game cos it got great reviews and whatnot, and its definetly great fun online, but... The single player be-a-pro, i mean, its totally possible i just suck but the thing feels fishy and just plain not fun.

I got a powerforward type RW. I've shot the puck towards the goal 188 times, and scored a total of 4 goals. And i've been playing the NHL series, i get pretty good results in normal games against the CPU and so on, so im saying i know how to shoot somewhat. That shit calculates to, what, a 3% success rate? Shooting blind with a real puck from middle field woudl propably top that. Also, i've had, no kidding, at least 25 shots deflect off the post.

I mean, is anyone else experiencing this stuff, or do i just suck or what?
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
Hi guys, i'd appriciate some input..

I bought the game cos it got great reviews and whatnot, and its definetly great fun online, but... The single player be-a-pro, i mean, its totally possible i just suck but the thing feels fishy and just plain not fun.

I got a powerforward type RW. I've shot the puck towards the goal 188 times, and scored a total of 4 goals. And i've been playing the NHL series, i get pretty good results in normal games against the CPU and so on, so im saying i know how to shoot somewhat. That shit calculates to, what, a 3% success rate? Shooting blind with a real puck from middle field woudl propably top that. Also, i've had, no kidding, at least 25 shots deflect off the post.

I mean, is anyone else experiencing this stuff, or do i just suck or what?

Not sure what your past hockey game experience is but there are several things that I noticed and had to get used to. One is that you have to play this like a hockey game and not like a fast paced pin ball game. The other is that when you play as b a pro positioning means everything. You really have to play that position as it would be played in real life and work for the shot. I had an initial reaction of a low shooting percentage then I started to change up my play style and actually passed more and shot less. I saved my shots for when they were high quality shots and the percentage went way up. Also I believe that stamina counts. The more you are on the ice the more tired you get and that seems to affect your play quite a bit.

After half a season in the AHL with a decent 23 goals in 41 games I am now actually over a goal a game since being called up. I get less play time and fewer shos but my team rating has gone way up and have only taken the quality shots.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #180
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
That shit calculates to, what, a 3% success rate? Shooting blind with a real puck from middle field woudl propably top that.
So I'm getting Lou Lamoriello on the phone right now and telling him to buy a blindfold for Patrik Elias. That might help the guy.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #181
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Based on the reference to shooting the puck from middle field, i'm guessing epi just needs to play some more

But seriously, my Offensive Defenseman scores about every other game, and I've moved up to all-star difficulty. I do also hit a decent number of posts though, but whatever, it's exciting.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #182
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I assume you're on the Leafs? If so I doubt you questioning the realisim when you aren't seeing a lot of scoring.
But I'm not getting scored on either. WTF?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #183
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I've shot the puck towards the goal 188 times, and scored a total of 4 goals.
Welcome to FOFC, Jason Blake.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #184
MikeVic
Head Coach

I checked last night, and I'm +15 with over a point per game as a defensive defenseman in the AHL... while I'm -10 with 5 points in 8 games with the Oilers. Boo.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #185
MikeVic
Head Coach

Dola,

And playing the Avs in my 8th game, I crushed Ryan Smyth and put him out for 27 days. Took a screenshot and video of the awesome hit.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #186
Travis
Pro Rookie

Anybody figure out how to embed their videos on here from the easportsworld site?

I tried a bit ago and ended up just getting a link on here from the code they provided on the site.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #187
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I've actually done better in the NHL than I did in the AHL. I think I had 7 goals and 1 assist with a +6 rating in 12 AHL games, yet I have 8 goals and 12 assists with a +22 rating in about 11-12 games in the NHL.

ML, I'm not sure what level you are playing on, but the computer really struggled to score against my teams on Pro, but they can put in a few on All-Star. I think they are just kind of inept on Pro.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #188
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm getting this for my birthday tomorrow. Can't wait! Been playing the demo non-stop.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #189
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
I'm getting this for my birthday tomorrow. Can't wait! Been playing the demo non-stop.

Exactly. I can't remember the last game that I just went nuts with on just the demo. The real game is just as good.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:59 AM   #190
Icy
Pro Starter

Grrr i'm still waiting for the game to come from Canada. It should have been here past Monday but some misunderstanding delayed it. I just checked the courier website and it's alerady in Madrid so it should be in my hands later today or tomorrow. Can't wait to start my be a pro career.

I have also been playing the demo non stop and love it. On a side note, while waiting i have also been playing NHL07 in the PSP and i must admit i have not had as fun in a PSP game for a looong time. I'm 10-11-2 in my Panthers franchise and it's really addicitive. I have always the one more game urge as the max difficult level is perfect for me, i get realistic stats (besides hits number being too high), number of goals, etc while having great fun.

I highly recommend it if you have a PSP and no a lot of free time to play the big brother in the next gen console. As there were no 08 or 09 versions, 07 is the last one but there is a current roster set in some websites to download. It should be very cheap being 2 years old, i bought it second hand for $5.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #191
Coder
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Grrr i'm still waiting for the game to come from Canada. It should have been here past Monday but some misunderstanding delayed it. I just checked the courier website and it's alerady in Madrid so it should be in my hands later today or tomorrow. Can't wait to start my be a pro career.

I pre-ordered mine a month ago (like I mentioned here) from Videogamesplus, and got the game Monday, despite not ordering DHL or anything like that. You must have been unlucky .

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:43 AM   #192
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder View Post
I pre-ordered mine a month ago (like I mentioned here) from Videogamesplus, and got the game Monday, despite not ordering DHL or anything like that. You must have been unlucky .

It was mainly misunderstanding between videogamesplus and me. I asked for DHL shipping that is 3 days only for 10€ extra, the sent me the paypal link to pay those extra 10€, i did and then waited for the game. After 48 hours without the order status changing, i emailed them asking what was going on and they answered back that they were waiting for me to email them the paypal order id after paying. I did and they shipped the game on Monday as it was Friday already. I didn't know i had to email them the paypal order id as paypal itself already sends an email when you pay, so i waited stupidily 48 hours plus the weekend in between. Probably will get it tomorrow, can't wait!

Btw, we PS3 users should start a thread or something to make our own online team as most of users in this thread have it for the 360.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #193
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

What difficulty level and what sliders are you guys using?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #194
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Also...add me to a team! GT: DesignerSky
Old 09-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #195
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone up for some 6 v 6 action tonight?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #196
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just got signed up and played a few games (both styles). Did okay controlling the team but had mixed results in the BaP team versus team mode. Won the game I played in which I was the center but there were only a couple people playing. The oe in which I was a defenseman se got out butts kicked. Some of it was me out of position but most of it was the entire team out of position even more. It was like our forwards were trying to be the one on one hero every time down the ice and the other defenseman kept leaving me hung out to dry to face odd man rushes.

EagleFan1022 is the name on there.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #197
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I have now locked up three times, just froze on a screen. Once on the menu, ones in a game and once when a game was just about o start.

Has anyone had this kind of problem. I have to power off the X-Box and restart it as it is not responsive to anything once it locks. So far I have only noticed it in this game ad only since I have begun going online. I am hoping this isn't a preview to the red ring of death.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:03 PM   #198
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I have now locked up three times, just froze on a screen. Once on the menu, ones in a game and once when a game was just about o start.

Has anyone had this kind of problem. I have to power off the X-Box and restart it as it is not responsive to anything once it locks. So far I have only noticed it in this game ad only since I have begun going online. I am hoping this isn't a preview to the red ring of death.

I haven't had any trouble playing solo but when I try to do the online team play, it freezes every time. I just stopped trying.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #199
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I haven't had any trouble playing solo but when I try to do the online team play, it freezes every time. I just stopped trying.

Tried solo after that and no lockup at all. Was able to get a couple online games in after that. As long as it's not a prelude to the circle of death I am okay with it.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #200
Icy
Pro Starter

There are tons of problems related to EA servers. I have played 7 total games and only 2 were counted against my stats, the other 5 didn't (and all them were ranked). Of course by murphy's laws, the one where i scored a nice goal from the point with my Defenseman was not counted.

The EA sports forum is full of complains about the servers, stats nto being counted, discconects from games and freezes online so i guess they will fix it soon.