Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #151
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I would say any Netbook, period. Take your pick. Just keep it in hibernation for reduced boot times.

But if you need the touchscreen quick search brings.

Also HP/MS have a nice looking tablet coming out in June. I prefer a Linux OS, since that can be much more customized for a low power platform and already has huge app support. But Windows 7 beats the hell out of the iPad OS.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-04-2010 at 08:21 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #152
MrBug708
Head Coach

My mother's arrived yesterday
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #153
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Not a conspiracy at all, that's fact and a point of contention with the iPhone almost since it's inception. Too be honest, I didn't even know anyone would debate it. Even Apple will tell you that, what they won't tell you are guidelines or reasons for rejected apps.

Google Voice and PDANet could potentially cut into ATT profits, Apple played the good partner and rejected them. Viewing naked people is immoral I guess, so you can't do that either.

I am curious why you think it's conspiracy. Do you think people publish their own apps on the store? Every single app has to be vetted by Apple, Apple kills a large number of them without citing specific reasons. Not debatable.

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is? I could care less to see naked women apps on an ipad.. again, I have a laptop and desktop pc to do that on. MS has to approve patches and downloadable content on the 360 and Sony for the ps3.

The ipad is for quick, simple access to the internet, email, and some great apps you can purchase. I was just thinking last night how it would have been nice to quickly fire it up and look up some baseball stats without having to go and turn my pc on.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 04-04-2010 at 12:18 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #154
Subby
lolzcat

I think Apple haters may actually be worse than the fan boys.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #155
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not an Apple hater, I'm an iPad hater. OSX is a great OS, iPhone and iPod were and are great devices. This is probably the only Apple device I am against.

The naked women thing was just to make a point. They have been denying apps that compete with their products, that doesn't raise a red flag? If it becomes a norm for all companies to start doing it they can get even more brazen. Maybe at some point in the future they decide political or religious apps are too controversial and stop allowing those? They should not have that type of control over something you bought.

I was hoping the iPad was going to be a minimilastic OSX. It's not, it's some atrocity that tries to make dangerous practices acceptable. Maybe once this takes off they expand the app store to OSX and prevent you from installing anything else. This is easily the potential scenario.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-04-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #156
DanGarion
Coordinator

Netflix on iPad is pretty interesting...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #158
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not an Apple hater, I'm an iPad hater. OSX is a great OS, iPhone and iPod were and are great devices. This is probably the only Apple device I am against.

The naked women thing was just to make a point. They have been denying apps that compete with their products, that doesn't raise a red flag? If it becomes a norm for all companies to start doing it they can get even more brazen. Maybe at some point in the future they decide political or religious apps are too controversial and stop allowing those? They should not have that type of control over something you bought.

I was hoping the iPad was going to be a minimilastic OSX. It's not, it's some atrocity that tries to make dangerous practices acceptable. Maybe once this takes off they expand the app store to OSX and prevent you from installing anything else. This is easily the potential scenario.

Apple is a for profit company and they can dictate what does and does not get into their playground. It's not a democracy. If you want to play, you have to play by Apple's rules, plain and simple. There's no conspiracy other than Apple trying to make as much profit as possible.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #159
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Apple is a for profit company and they can dictate what does and does not get into their playground. It's not a democracy. If you want to play, you have to play by Apple's rules, plain and simple. There's no conspiracy other than Apple trying to make as much profit as possible.

Which is patently unfair to Microsoft, since government agencies around the world are infringing on their right to make a profit in many areas.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #160
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Which is patently unfair to Microsoft, since government agencies around the world are infringing on their right to make a profit in many areas.

Because microsoft has an inordinate amount of proliferation in the market, Apple does not.

Left out: I also feel that microsoft should be allowed to make as much profit as possible as well.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 04-04-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #161
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Thank you captain obvious. I didn't say it was illegal. Just that consumers shouldn't support it.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-04-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #162
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've got an evest...they're pretty cool actually.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #163
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you captain obvious. I didn't say it was illegal. Just that consumers shouldn't support it.

exactly
Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #164
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Easy there Captain Sensitive...that's the great thing about a free market, they can choose to support it or not.

Last edited by JediKooter : 04-04-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #165
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

It could very well be vapor-ware, but I'm far more interested in the rumored Microsoft Courier book-style tablet PC than the iPad:

http://www.liliputing.com/tag/courier
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #166
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The deal is this is somewhat of an established market they've built. iPhone and iPod Touch users have created a market for app developers whose apps Apple did bless. This is a lucrative market, and it has drawn developers, closed environment and all. The existing users will have little to prevent them from adopting the iPad. New apps will draw in more buyers as well.

The iPad keeps being compared to a PC. It isn't a PC. It serves functions that PCs can't or don't.

It could be more, yes. It is what it is, and the marketplace and application developers will determine its fate.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #167
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
The deal is this is somewhat of an established market they've built. iPhone and iPod Touch users have created a market for app developers whose apps Apple did bless. This is a lucrative market, and it has drawn developers, closed environment and all. The existing users will have little to prevent them from adopting the iPad. New apps will draw in more buyers as well.

The iPad keeps being compared to a PC. It isn't a PC. It serves functions that PCs can't or don't.

It could be more, yes. It is what it is, and the marketplace and application developers will determine its fate.

+1

Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #168
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Easy there Captain Sensitive...that's the great thing about a free market, they can choose to support it or not.

I know they can, Christ. I feel like you are making me dumber. Yes, they can do whatever they want. I know this. Why do you seem too think that has anything to do with what I am saying? You keep posting things that are completely and utterly irrelevant.

They could also put a hunk of metal in a box and charge $1000, but if people didn't buy it they'd probably stop doing that.

Please don't respond "But it's a free market, if they want to sell a hunk of metal they can".

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-04-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #169
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It costs as much or more than a PC and does less. Not sure I understand what separates it? Maybe battery life(which is actually very impressive), about the only thing I can think of. But you can still get 6 hours pretty easy elsewhere.

It is very stylish, and if that's why you want to buy it that's fine. I don't think a whole hell of a lot of people own up to that though .

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-04-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #170
MJ4H
Coordinator

I see absolutely no benefit over a laptop and I already have one of those. Just being able to put it on my knees? Eh, I already pretty much do that with a laptop. Maybe on the shitter it would be a bit better. But I still want to be able to multi-task, even when I'm taking a dump. Maybe I'm not the target market?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #171
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I see absolutely no benefit over a laptop and I already have one of those. Just being able to put it on my knees? Eh, I already pretty much do that with a laptop. Maybe on the shitter it would be a bit better. But I still want to be able to multi-task, even when I'm taking a dump. Maybe I'm not the target market?

I don't think I am. Laptops on both floors of the house, plus an iPod Touch, I just can't see myself buying one. Then again, I said the same thing about the Kindle and I've had one of those for a year now...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #172
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think it's cool for what it's intended to do, price sucks, but so did HD TV's about a year ago.

I'll probably wait unless I win the lottery, but the biggiest draw for me is being able to surf the net with ease, check emails, view pictures, listen to music.. all with excellent portability. Plus, I would want the 3G model so I could surf anywhere I wanted to. I mean, being able to show off pictures and surf the net while over at a relatives house without having to boot my laptop, seems cool to me.

It's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. Unlike the psp, which I've bought and returned 2 of them, I might actually get lots of use out of an ipad.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 04-04-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #173
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I think it's cool for what it's intended to do, price sucks, but so did HD TV's about a year ago.

I'll probably wait unless I win the lottery, but the biggiest draw for me is being able to surf the net with ease, check emails, view pictures, listen to music.. all with excellent portability. Plus, I would want the 3G model so I could surf anywhere I wanted to. I mean, being able to show off pictures and surf the net while over at a relatives house without having to boot my laptop, seems cool to me.

It's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine. Unlike the psp, which I've bought and returned 2 of them, I might actually get lots of use out of an ipad.

doesn't take that long to boot your average netbook either though mizzou
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #174
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
doesn't take that long to boot your average netbook either though mizzou

True.. I priced one out which is about the same as a 16 GB base iPad - although not as quick processor wise and so SSD HD, but definitely something I'll look into.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #175
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It costs as much or more than a PC and does less. Not sure I understand what separates it? Maybe battery life(which is actually very impressive), about the only thing I can think of. But you can still get 6 hours pretty easy elsewhere.

It is very stylish, and if that's why you want to buy it that's fine. I don't think a whole hell of a lot of people own up to that though .

It doesn't do "less" than a PC. It does different things. Similar things to be sure, but different. I'll look at it from the comparison to the iTouch. I find the iTouch gets a lot of my time...namely because there are apps available that let me do a lot of leisure activities all bundled together there on my iPod. I wouldn't do those things on a PC. A PC with its interface designed to do PC things would get in my way when I wanted to read a ebook...or play one of the 99 cent games, or listen to a song, or watch a scene from or a whole movie, or browse for another 99 cent or free game to while away my time. The iTouch does all of those things better than a PC. I know..I have a laptop. It sits on the desktop now, and if I want to do PC stuff from my Lay Z Boy, I RDP over to the laptop and then come back to my iTouch. The iPad fits the same niche, but its size broadens the applications and in many cases improves the implementation.

I'm no apple fan boy. I've not been an early adopter of any of their products. I'm staunchly in the PC camp when it comes to the home or office computer. I didn't exactly jump on the ipod revolution, waiting until the price point hit my threshold. My phone is a Motorola Razor. I only bought the iTouch this December when my iPod died on a business trip. The Touch came in at $199, and offered a great feature set. Now I've definitely come to appreciate that feature set, and see that the larger dimensions of the iPad open up a number of opportunities. Frankly opportunities that aren't available for a laptop or Netbook.

So it doesn't do less than a PC. It does different things, and a number of things that a PC can't.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #176
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It doesn't do "less" than a PC. It does different things. Similar things to be sure, but different. I'll look at it from the comparison to the iTouch. I find the iTouch gets a lot of my time...namely because there are apps available that let me do a lot of leisure activities all bundled together there on my iPod. I wouldn't do those things on a PC. A PC with its interface designed to do PC things would get in my way when I wanted to read a ebook...or play one of the 99 cent games, or listen to a song, or watch a scene from or a whole movie, or browse for another 99 cent or free game to while away my time. The iTouch does all of those things better than a PC. I know..I have a laptop. It sits on the desktop now, and if I want to do PC stuff from my Lay Z Boy, I RDP over to the laptop and then come back to my iTouch. The iPad fits the same niche, but its size broadens the applications and in many cases improves the implementation.

I'm no apple fan boy. I've not been an early adopter of any of their products. I'm staunchly in the PC camp when it comes to the home or office computer. I didn't exactly jump on the ipod revolution, waiting until the price point hit my threshold. My phone is a Motorola Razor. I only bought the iTouch this December when my iPod died on a business trip. The Touch came in at $199, and offered a great feature set. Now I've definitely come to appreciate that feature set, and see that the larger dimensions of the iPad open up a number of opportunities. Frankly opportunities that aren't available for a laptop or Netbook.

So it doesn't do less than a PC. It does different things, and a number of things that a PC can't.

to be fair - a PC can do those things, you just don't prefer to do them on a PC
Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #177
Subby
lolzcat

I love the potential of the iPad. Something I was thinking about today, in fact. I save a lot of my old magazines in case I want to go back and read articles. It would be so great if I could have instant access to all of them on my iPad.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #178
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
to be fair - a PC can do those things, you just don't prefer to do them on a PC

If the implementation gets in the way, then it is in the way. Even if the right word is "won't", I'm going to stick with "can't". Immediate gratification and all.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #179
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I love the potential of the iPad. Something I was thinking about today, in fact. I save a lot of my old magazines in case I want to go back and read articles. It would be so great if I could have instant access to all of them on my iPad.

Sure you could do that. You might even have room for a couple of songs on it, too, if you buy the one of the expensive* ones.

*even more ridiculously expensive, I mean
Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #180
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
If the implementation gets in the way, then it is in the way. Even if the right word is "won't", I'm going to stick with "can't". Immediate gratification and all.

Wait, what is it that you are saying a PC can't or won't do?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #181
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Unofficial (Fake) Facebook App Becomes iPad Hit

Facebook Ultimate IconAn unofficial Facebook application has surged to the top of the iTunes charts after charging $2.99 for the only Facebook iPad application currently available. While it’s not clear whether or not Facebook will force the developers to shut the application down due to trademark infractions, it’s clear that hundreds, if not thousands of people have been duped. All that Joe Hewitt, the original developer of the official Facebook iPhone app could say is “#7 paid app is the 2.99 ‘Facebook Ultimate!’…. Sigh.”

I think the real issue with this application is that people who download the application might actually think that they are getting an official Facebook application, which it isn’t. It not only starts off with the Facebook name, but it also has a similar logo. Additionally, it doesn’t specifically state that it’s not an official app. While we’d assume that Facebook is considering development of an iPad app, this one is definitely not an application you’ll want to grab. Some developer has clearly made a decent amount from selling this app as it has been in the top 10 paid iPad applications for the past 24 hours.

There’s no doubt that having the ability to navigate through Facebook on the iPad would be useful. For now though, you can simply visit the website and it isn’t too much trouble thanks to the large screen. With around 1 million devices sold, there’s no way of telling how popular the device will become and while many popular sites have developed iPad applications, many others are still on the sidelines.

If you want to pay $3 to access Facebook through an application that makes Facebook harder to use, go grab Facebook Ultimate!. Otherwise, wait on Facebook to make an official version, or deal with browsing Facebook through your internet browser.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #182
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I know they can, Christ. I feel like you are making me dumber. Yes, they can do whatever they want. I know this. Why do you seem too think that has anything to do with what I am saying? You keep posting things that are completely and utterly irrelevant.

They could also put a hunk of metal in a box and charge $1000, but if people didn't buy it they'd probably stop doing that.

Please don't respond "But it's a free market, if they want to sell a hunk of metal they can".

So, because I disagree with your statement regarding how Apple restricts what gets sold through the App store, now I'm making you dumber. Sorry to offend your intelligence.

What I'm saying IS relevant, because you are saying that it's too restrictive and dangerous practices are being used. Dangerous? Because a company wants to have control of what goes through their store that they could be potentially liable for? I see it more as a CYA and how to maximize profits (in addition to them being able to do whatever they want) than somewhere down the line, all of sudden people can't pull up jesuschrist.com or rushisright.com or use an app that pulls articles from those sites or keep an app out of consumers hands that translates the koran into english or whatever.

Seriously though Jeff, the name calling and the snarky comments don't really do much for having a decent conversation about this and just because I say it's a free market or don't agree with your point of view, doesn't make my point any less legitimate than yours or that I'm trying to be argumentative. I was neither put off or offended by the comment of yours that I initially responded to and was making the point that, I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

For the sake of disclosure, I don't like the iPad either. It doesn't offer me anything that I find useful. Maybe somewhere in the future it might, but, until then, I don't plan on getting one. Oh, and I don't have an iPhone either, but, that's because I can't stand at&t.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #183
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's pretty simple, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it - just like the ipod, there are alternatives.

I like the way Apple does some things and the ipad is interesting to say the least - albeit very expensive.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #184
MJ4H
Coordinator

Already jailbroken, apparently.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #185
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Please stop comparing the iPad to a netbook. They are not the same thing.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #186
McSweeny
College Starter

300,000 sold on the first day
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM   #187
Drake
assmaster

I read the very interesting Endgadget review of the iPad yesterday. I think I agree with them that this device is in some ways a revolutionary take on the computing experience. (I actually ended up being much, much more interested in Microsoft's Courier prototype, but that's just me.)

That said, I can't see any reason that I'd want one. I like my son's iPod, but not enough to want one of my own. I think it's cool...but I wouldn't get enough use out of what it does to justify it (sort of like the Kindle -- cool tech, but I don't read enough e-books to justify the cost).

Oddly enough, I could think of about a dozen awesome ways I could use it at work to be more productive and share info, but there's just not enough appeal as a home user.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #188
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Sure you could do that. You might even have room for a couple of songs on it, too, if you buy the one of the expensive* ones.

*even more ridiculously expensive, I mean
No - I agree...I was thinking more about potential...so looking at 3rd and 4th generation devices.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #189
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
would be nice to be able to hit a power button and start surfing from just about anywhere - much easier than firing up my laptop and lugging it around.

Batter lasts 10 hours, lucky to get 2 from my laptop battery.

Could put all my itunes and pictures, email, etc.. on it, tons of apps will be coming soon.

Didn't you just describe a smartphone?

Last edited by Samdari : 04-05-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #190
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Didn't you just describe a smartphone?
If there was a smartphone with a kickass huge screen, yes.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

+1
Old 04-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #192
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No - I agree...I was thinking more about potential...so looking at 3rd and 4th generation devices.

I think that is where this thing may get to the point of nearly being 'must have' if not all the way. Some upgrades to hardware (although with Apple some of what I would want is doubtful) and simply time for devs to create some great things. Right now getting this thing is pointless to me.

Quote:

Smartphone with a 5 inch screen big enough, or do you need bigger? The Dell Mini5....

Dell Mini 5: we have it (update: new pics and video!) -- Engadget
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #193
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wait, what is it that you are saying a PC can't or won't do?

Quote:

In short the iPad doesn't seek to replace a PC. The iPad performs a number of the same functions, but implements them in a better fashion.

For example, I'm not going to read a book on my PC(Been there done that). An iPad is a different story altogether.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #194
MJ4H
Coordinator

Yeah I was just wondering where the does "a number of things a PC can't" part came from. If you meant something different ok. Just clarifying.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #195
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I would say any Netbook, period. Take your pick. Just keep it in hibernation for reduced boot times..

Quite a few net books come with Linux installed on flash as an instant boot/browse option now.

(admittedly though I'm posting this via my iPad rather than a net book ;-) )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #196
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Marc, what do you think so far?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #197
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I saw one of the Dell Mini5s last month at a Mobile Mondays event. I was pretty underwhelmed with it. The form factor was awesome, but the usability sucked, at least with the initial impression I got in the 5 or so minutes I got to hold it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 AM   #198
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I would say any Netbook, period. Take your pick. Just keep it in hibernation for reduced boot times.

But if you need the touchscreen quick search brings.

Also HP/MS have a nice looking tablet coming out in June. I prefer a Linux OS, since that can be much more customized for a low power platform and already has huge app support. But Windows 7 beats the hell out of the iPad OS.

Maybe I should rephrase and ask about something actually AVAILABLE that is better than the iPad?

Look - I won't be buying an iPad unless the price structure changes pretty dramatically. However, I just don't agree that there is something out there that has some of the convenience benefits, etc that the iPad has with the screen size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #199
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI

iPad: Apple on Monday released some carefully selected data points from the devices' closely watched launch (over 300,00 units sold on Day One, over 1 million apps purchased, over 250,000 books downloaded). But as the inevitable second-week stories about early problems dribble in (so far we've heard that iPads can overheat in the sun and may have Wi-Fi issues), Apple may choose, before the end of the week, to counter them with some more nice round numbers.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #200
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
FYI

iPad: Apple on Monday released some carefully selected data points from the devices' closely watched launch (over 300,00 units sold on Day One, over 1 million apps purchased, over 250,000 books downloaded). But as the inevitable second-week stories about early problems dribble in (so far we've heard that iPads can overheat in the sun and may have Wi-Fi issues), Apple may choose, before the end of the week, to counter them with some more nice round numbers.
Hey MBBF called...he wants his shtick back.