Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #151
Izulde
Head Coach

There's no more inept game coach than Bobby Hauck. On top of a 58-13 asspounding by Arizona, on one play, with UNLV down 24-6, they went out to punt... and there was no punter there.

So can not wait for this clueless shitbag to be fired. Not a bad recruiter, but can not coach this level at.all.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #152
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Watch a UMass game. Please. I'm actually curious how you would describe the level of ineptitude at this point - our best quarterback was the 3rd best quarterback on his HS team. A Massachusetts HS team that finished 4-6.

My brain struggles to comprehend how that's even possible to allow to happen.

Then I think about how awful Georgia State is & figure it must not be all that hard to accomplish after all.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Cincinnati Bearcats QB Munchie Legaux leaves game with injury - ESPN

feel terrible for the kid, he is really fun to watch
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #154
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Watching the BYU run game tonight was almost orgasmic. 550 yards!

Absolutely, it was great to watch!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #155
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Brandon Bourbon scored for Kansas last night. I may have woke the baby celebrating it!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #156
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just watching him more closely today, I swear he reminds me of a player that's either playing sick or recovering from being sick. He looks physically off to me.

Clowney grew up 15 minutes or so from me.

Played at one of the 3 4-A high schools in the next town over. His HS head coach now coaches my local HS (Coincidentally the one he graduated from and his mom taught at for 40+ years) and is also a very close childhood friend of one of my step dads.

Wow thats wordy. Sorry. Anyway he repeatedly told us in HS the kid was a freak but "never once worked out in high school" Said he never lifted weights once, but he "didnt need to"

Whenever I heard those stories I figured his college coaches would get that out of him. Well fast forward to this late summer.

A contact of mine is SC D-Coordinator Lorenozo Ward's neighbor. He swears that in a summer conditioning drill Ward instructed Clowney to run with the DBs. (The drill was allegedly to run a 10-20-20-10 shuttle, and the fastest person each time was done and the remaining players kept running until everyone had been fastest. Allegedly to give the most conditioning work to the players who are the slowest and need the most work.) because he was too fast to get work with the DL group. Clowney refused. Ward allegedly told him it wasn't a request it was a demand and Clowney reportedly walked off the field. Apparently the exchange created quite a stir inside the SC locker room as Ward wanted to suspend or even dismiss Clowney and Spurrier over ruled him. But again the sotry resurfaces that Clowney refuses to work out much if at all.

Weird stat for you:
UGA's offense averaged 8.3 yards per play when Clowney was on the field and 2.8 yards per play when he was not on the field.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #157
TroyF
Coordinator

Not denying anything you said CUTiger, but pass rushers are notoriously streaky players. They can go five games without a sack and then have 7 in the next two. All of the stories like that will get out to the NFL scouts and if they are true, his draft position will be impacted.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #158
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
As an outsider, maybe the intensity goes more towards HS football than college in that state? And, fwiw, all 3 of the programs you list have had a terrible stretch in the past 20 years. Great programs will always rebound, and usually do so faster than others, but every team has its down years.

As in an insider of the state, let me say this is a big "hell no". For better or worse, Mack gets the axe after this season after another 8-4 or so year, which would fall under the "disaster" folder if you have one created. Were it up to me, I would give Mack a 10-year extension, but the Texas Exes I know are already losing their shit over this BYU beating. This was his make-or-break year, especially considering the successes of "little brother" on the Brazos. And with the college football universe centered in College Station all week, this fact won't be lost on Texas Big Money. Even in yet another down year in the Big 12, you can see a few more losses on the horizon.

Lots of problems at Texas but the big one is needing someone to come in and break up the country club atmosphere Mack has created. They aren't tough and they aren't physical. Too much raw talent there for them not to get more out of what they do, especially in the trenches. But there is no superior athletes like VY or Huff or DJ there anymore to push the team more than the coaches (outside of Chizik or Muschamp did). I thought Johnathan Gray and his leadership/determination/work ethic would be a step in that direction, but he doesn't play defense and The Major keeps trotting Bergeron and Brown out there too often.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #159
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Was going to post this somewhere else, but not sure where it fits.

Really crazy story yesterday in Clemson's walk through against SC State.
85 players saw action, but none were more interesting than Chad Kelly (rFr QB) and Sam Cooper (So TE)...

Both players tore their ACLs in Clemson's spring game 21 weeks ago.... Ive had that surgery 3 times....I cant imagine running MUCH LESS PLAYING 21 weeks later.

I wonder what kind of deer antler spray the Tigers found?

Last edited by CU Tiger : 09-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #160
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That didn't take long. Manny Diaz is no longer DC at Texas. They've brought back Greg Robinson.

Texas Longhorns reassign defensive coordinator Manny Diaz - ESPN
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #161
Buccaneer
Head Coach

You better hope they don't make Greg Robinson a head coach.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #162
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You better hope they don't make Greg Robinson a head coach.

Nope. But he did get some good results as a DC at Texas before he headed to Syracuse.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #163
MrBug708
Head Coach

Greg Robinson? haha Re-tred central.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #164
MrBug708
Head Coach

Updated–Former Triton Football Player Nick Pasquale Killed After Being Struck by Vehicle | San Clemente Times

Sad stuff for the UCLA program
Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Isn't USC done with their NCAA penalties after this year? Seems like a perfect time to bring in a new coach knowing it might take a couple years to restock the talent pool.

There is some excellent talent. The coaching/playcalling (on offense) is the issue. Kiffin has to go... now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-08-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #166
MrBug708
Head Coach

USC is solid going forward at most places other than OL.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #167
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I guess I'm just wondering more about depth. They had great recruiting classes but where limited to 15 guys. That has to catch up with you at some point.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I guess I'm just wondering more about depth. They had great recruiting classes but where limited to 15 guys. That has to catch up with you at some point.

They have 3 quality QB's (who have been neutered by the playcalling/coaching), at least 4 quality RB's, 3 quality TE's (who are banged up), 4 quality WR's (including arguably the most talented WR in the nation) with 2 more who are hurt and have potential but may never develop due to their injuries. I agree with Bug that the OL depth isn't good but it isn't horrible - they have a lot of highly recruited guys who haven't developed. DL is full of talent as is the linebacking corp. CB is a real question mark but S is loaded with talent and Su'a Cravens could be special - if he keeps getting coaching. Pendergast has been a great hire, but Kiffin has to be fired. Need an interim head coach. Let Helton call plays as OC - he did well with a few different offenses that he turned into top 25 offenses despite having lesser talent.

There are a lot of prominent alumni calling for Kiffin to be fired and there is a lot of chatter that he has lost the team. I'm hoping Haden won't drag this out like he did with the basketball coach.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-08-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #169
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Based upon everything i have seen over the years, Kiffin must suck a mean cock in order to stay on....
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #170
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So is it true that Manny Diaz wasn't fired, but instead moved to a new position within the athletic department?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #171
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
So is it true that Manny Diaz wasn't fired, but instead moved to a new position within the athletic department?

That sounds like Mack Brown. He probably gave him a raise too.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #172
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

He's no longer the Defensive Coordinator. That's how Texas has handled situations like these in the past. When Brown came in, Mackovic was still employed by the team until his contract ran out, then he went to Arizona. Same for David McWilliams when Mackovic came in, and McWilliams is still on the staff.

Last edited by cartman : 09-08-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #173
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
They have 3 quality QB's (who have been neutered by the playcalling/coaching), at least 4 quality RB's, 3 quality TE's (who are banged up), 4 quality WR's (including arguably the most talented WR in the nation) with 2 more who are hurt and have potential but may never develop due to their injuries. I agree with Bug that the OL depth isn't good but it isn't horrible - they have a lot of highly recruited guys who haven't developed. DL is full of talent as is the linebacking corp. CB is a real question mark but S is loaded with talent and Su'a Cravens could be special - if he keeps getting coaching. Pendergast has been a great hire, but Kiffin has to be fired. Need an interim head coach. Let Helton call plays as OC - he did well with a few different offenses that he turned into top 25 offenses despite having lesser talent.

There are a lot of prominent alumni calling for Kiffin to be fired and there is a lot of chatter that he has lost the team. I'm hoping Haden won't drag this out like he did with the basketball coach.

4 wrs isn't close to enough.
I'd argue lb depth isn't great but is good, front line talent is there, depth isn't.
I'm not sure the is a good 5 Ol much less 9-11.

And Kiffin...the waste of cellular DNA himself.

Plus I hear the s&c program needs some re work.....because of LK
Old 09-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #174
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
front line talent is there, depth isn't.

Funny but that sounds kinda familiar to me somehow
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #175
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Funny but that sounds kinda familiar to me somehow

Not sure what you mean?

If that's aimed at Clemson, I'd say for the fist time in a decade there isn't first line talent on this team, but little to no depth from first to third string.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #176
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Well, didn't expect that one. As I said in the previous post, I don't see how anyone can defend Kiffin at this point, though I'm sure Cowherd will try.

blasted him today, basically called for his job
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #177
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Kiffin isn't working out.

I didn't see that coming.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #178
Logan
Head Coach

SI.com takes Saban to Texas joke as news | September | 2013
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #179
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Not sure what you mean?

If that's aimed at Clemson, I'd say for the fist time in a decade there isn't first line talent on this team, but little to no depth from first to third string.

Dammit, I had a feeling you'd misunderstand that, and then I thought "nah, he'll remember my Tennessee fandom & get it".

Kiffie's brief time in Knoxville left the cupboard almost comically bare, a handful of high profile signings/commits that didn't work out very well & nothing else behind them.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #180
Logan
Head Coach

I had forgotten about this until just reading a mention of it now (probably because when Rutgers plays an FCS school, I tend to have a few more adult beverages than normal at the tailgate)...but on Saturday, Norfolk State twice punted on third down.

We block a ton of kicks but that was a little crazy.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote